Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If You Could Get One Thing Added to AOC...

Comments

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    arzosah wrote: »
    Autumnleaf wrote: »
    arzosah wrote: »
    Autumnleaf wrote: »
    The posibility to become a god and estabilish your own domain, inside the domain you are nigh untouchable and a few players who become 'god characters' get a council where they can vote on things for ideas for the game with the devs in an in-gmae conference.

God characters get avatars that act as their character in the mortal world.

That would be fucking cool.

Oh and great lore of course, nothing beats great lore.

um, no.

You better be saying no to the god shit not lore :joy: honestly it was something that just crossed my mind and I just decided to write it down for fun c:

of course it's to the god shit =P
    The last thing we need is you wandering around the world dropping meteors on people's heads.

I am still going to do that ? The only difference is that the devs will not recognize my divine self but will only see a mortal shell with divine power :joy:
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Cool little things to find would be so awesome c: I'm not sure if most MMORPG games do it since I haven't played one. The thought of being able to go around and find cool things hidden away is really sweet~! n.n <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »
    Steven comes to you and one time only, you get to suggest a single idea to be included into Ashes. 100% it's getting in the game. What do you tell him?

more aggressive rpg.
    for example, if I'm an elf i want all the background and relationships and dialogues and options and quests and cosmetics, etc to follow it, and i want my choices to matter and have consequences in a larger pool of choices from different elven players and history.
    i want to see all races with that kind of lore and difference and relationships towards each other.
    like a real and live community.

i hate it when the "race" option is only as far as the looks go in games...

steven said our top priority is towards our city or nation in this game.
    i want our top priority to be towards our city as well as race. in a way that they both feed each other for a richer experience in rpg element.
  • Options
    ReacconReaccon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    wielding Dual Shield
    aocsig.png
  • Options
    S3V3NTHS3V3NTH Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love to see each base class have few hand to hand combat skills they can rely on after weapons break and/or when magic is not an option. I feel like it would make things more realistic.

A weapons free class would be awesome as well.
  • Options
    CoTuK wrote: »
    Meaningful Limitations To Power-Gaming. Probably it won't be implemented as it is really huge and hard thing to do, buuuut I will still explain what I mean.
    • As I login in game, I want to be actually limited in quantities of activities that I can perform in order to make my character stronger (At least starting from half-way though leveling).
    • If I will be limited to do e.g. 2 dungeons, 1000 profession experience and 5000 player experience. An this will be like 2 hour stuff to do. All extra time that I will have for game may go to the fun\social stuff.
    • Other way, as I do want to be in top 15% geared players, I will simply burnout by repetitive boring activities.
    • Also if ashes will have limitations like actual "not much to do" to get stronger I will be super cool too. But as I know, they have different tiers of equiment, enchantment, sockets, ability grind- it's just not going to be a thing.
    • Probably everyone will have google doc with all/new locations that have those "sweet resources, skills, drops" and people like me gonna run like crazy to those spots to get something.

I've never seen these limitations in other games being a positive thing or being endorsed by players.

You could always just limit your own game play to 2 hours of progression and then relax to do social things for the rest of the time; you don't need the devs to enforce it. Remember, we also don't currently know how 'repetitive' the systems will be as it is something they're trying to avoid.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cool little things to find would be so awesome c: I'm not sure if most MMORPG games do it since I haven't played one. The thought of being able to go around and find cool things hidden away is really sweet~! n.n <3

You're in luck! They plan to have that in game. Supposedly there is one in APOC which hasn't been found yet.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    realistic wedding ceremony with invites to send, chapel to rent, gifts to receive, marriage vows, and a ring or other item to trade that binds 2 ppl togethere.
    this video was from 2 friends of mine in PWI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCi093-kpqk a good example of how it used to work there
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No stealth assassin gank mechanics. It is always cancer.
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ^ why tho its a core part of MMOs learn to stay on ur toes or use detection magic?
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Ive always wanted an mmo to have a class just as FFT geomancer was. Low to medium dmg Spells with chance of enfeebling effect dependent upon the surface type where you begin casting.

FFXI destroyed their attempt at it.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    Straw Hats ... Ez
    c8Ft6ax.png
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yikes....
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    reaccon wrote: »
    wielding Dual Shield

:D lol
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Shadowven wrote: »
    Ive always wanted an mmo to have a class just as FFT geomancer was. Low to medium dmg Spells with chance of enfeebling effect dependent upon the surface type where you begin casting.

FFXI destroyed their attempt at it.

FF11 was awesome, except that haha. Totally agree.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    I would like the devs to walk Verra as gods, either big and loud or small and quiet. Let them bless who they will, be as loyal to their sycophants as they want, and abandon them at the moment they're needed the most.
  • Options
    toshitotoshito Member, Intrepid Pack
    LFR, just kidding, just kidding... Don't kill me plz xD

What I would like to see in Ashes is the possibility to learn new spells/abilities while exploring the world, like imagine, a old ruined village who happened to have a church, in that same church it's heard that in the old Verra prior to the chaos the clerics over there would practice a very powerful spell, but due to the calamity that happened, the teachings of that same spell was lost, and what now is left is a book, a sacred book... A tome that would teach the cleric who possessed the knowledge of the healing school magic to learn, through reading it would learn a part of that spell, looking more around the world the cleric could find more lost tomes, or any spiritual hints for the path of that same spell, in the end if the cleric could get all the parts of that spell, he/she would learn the magic spell on all it's glory...

Also if one cleric found the tome in the church the other cleric who would try to find that same spell, would need to look somewhere else, in the lore they could explain that magic in question would be used in diferent places of the old world. They could even do legendary spells and skills, so perhaps some of the abilities would be learnt only by a small number of players of the server.

Bosses, perhaps also random mobs could drop certain tomes, it would be very very rare, sometimes it wouldn't give the ability right away, sometimes it would give a hard chain quest to accomplish the reward ( that would be, get the freaking spell ) xD

In the melee archetypes/classes fashion,. sometimes they could learn the anatomy of the enemies, depending on the races, so they could perform critical strikes and more damage aswell, in the case of the tanks, they could learn how the enemy's body movements works, so they can calculate and mitigate damage, etc... This would require groups of players aswell, all of them working with each other to accomplish the goal.

Another thing... I am afraid of the balancing of the classes, since the system is the way it is, I can see most ppl will choose the self healing classes more, especially on pvp, since it can provide more survival to those players, an advice, plz in order to balance classes and archtypes even more implement counter abilities and spells, in the case of the healing ones implement the reducing healing amount abilities just like the mortal strike of the warrior in WoW, don't repeat the same mistake that Elder Scrolls Online did in it's first years, where everyone would be either Harry Potters with sticks or self healing templars/dragonknights that would be impossible to kill even when there was like 5 to 1.
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Occultism. You can choose any raid or dungeon, and through a series of quests, become affiliated with the dungeon. When you enter the dungeon you are flagged as an ally to the monsters, unless in a party with other people. When you join a party to raid the dungeon, there are certain intractables you can now use. Things like triggering a trap, or triggering a patrol of mobs to come by. If you remain undetected, and wipe your party, the mobs will attack you, and "kill" you as normal. However, the penalty for death is removed and you gain affiliation points with the dungeon. The goal being to become head cultist, with a unique cosmetic set for each dungeon.

Basically now every raid and dungeon now has to be paranoid of its own party members. This would be a good objective for character's whom are spies in opposing guilds.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    zomnivore wrote: »
    Occultism. You can choose any raid or dungeon, and through a series of quests, become affiliated with the dungeon. When you enter the dungeon you are flagged as an ally to the monsters, unless in a party with other people. When you join a party to raid the dungeon, there are certain intractables you can now use. Things like triggering a trap, or triggering a patrol of mobs to come by. If you remain undetected, and wipe your party, the mobs will attack you, and "kill" you as normal. However, the penalty for death is removed and you gain affiliation points with the dungeon. The goal being to become head cultist, with a unique cosmetic set for each dungeon.

Basically now every raid and dungeon now has to be paranoid of its own party members. This would be a good objective for character's whom are spies in opposing guilds.

This sounds awesome! xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    LoBaneLoBane Member
    edited June 2019
    The skill that lets you turn yourself into a chair, bush, or barrels etc.
    This skill should be expanded or a new one should be created. I’ll call Incognito skill.

Incognito Skill -A Combat Gear menu and Casual Gear menu like Guild Wars 2. (FYI. I haven’t played GW2 in a long time.)

•Instead of switch gear between the two, the Casual Gear menu is used to magically hide the Combat Gear visually while still receiving the bonus that the gear provides.
    • The skill should permanent or until the Caster receives a certain amount of damage that breaks the magic or depending the Caster’s combat style. The magic on the weapon will break when the weapon is used.
    Example: If the Caster is a sword user and made the sword look like a cane, umbrella etc. and attacks with the sword. The magic breaks return the sword to its original look. The Player can leave certain Combat Gear visible like weapon, cloak etc.
    • This will give Crafters more creative use for casual clothing and other props that can be used to hide the Combat Gear.
    • It is also more immersive because you don’t have to switch back to your Combat Gear when you get into a fight.
    • Some ways a Player/NPCs might use the Incognito Skill. A group guarding a caravan wants to bait a group of bandits that have been attacking the route that they are taking. This is where the Incognito Skill comes in so the bandits will see a soft target rather than seeing the true strength of the guards. Another scenario is that you play an Assassin class or another class that needs to hide their class instead of sticking out like sore thumb. This is why I think it should be permanent because it’s different from stealth. No stealth bonus for attacks in Incognito.
    Bards would also benefit from this because they can create different costumes to instantly change into. I’m not sure which direction Bard combat is going in AoC but to me Bard are performers so they need some theatrics aka costumes.
  • Options
    Levitation...

Not flight, levitation.. akin to EQ1.. Float just a meter above the ground but can use rocks and hills to float higher, but you gently loose altitude till you are back one meter above a solid surface . Can float over water.. unlike Back to the Future II...

I know we saw this (somewhat) in a very early video with a mage casting a sphere/levitation spell. But it sounded like it was removed. I really liked the EQ1 iteration...
  • Options
    Runescape type of wilderness where u could make sick PvE gains but risk getting pked and dropping ur stuff.
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'll wait until the game is actually released before asking for other stuff to be added.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    theonegargoyletheonegargoyle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The primary archetype will decide your role though. You can only augment said role to lean towards different archetypes. A tank will always tank but in different ways. (meaning to tank you'd have to pick tank first).
    You won't be able to tank or heal without picking a Tank or Cleric first, and you will only be able to change the secondary archetype. So the best you can do is change some of the Tank or Cleric skills to take on aspects of the other archetypes, but that's it. It's still not the end of the world. Can always level alts and since most gear is not soulbound win win.

This would be my one thing to add/change. Having 6 out of 8 classes that can't tank or heal so you cannot do group content with any number of them no matter how they gear & spec would most likely be the worst thing to happen to MMORPG's in 20 yrs IMHO.
    jahlon wrote: »
    The ability to change your main class like Archeage or Final Fantasy XIV.

I actually don't think this is necessary if the secondary class is still at least somewhat capable.
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    ravudha wrote: »
    The AoC development team gets to play on servers as demigods/extremely powerful beings wandering the land and dropping lore/special quests.

I dont think they'd have the time to do that xD It would be nicer to kill them in game though.

Haha, DDO has this in it's Anniversary Event and it's fun :-)
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    karthos wrote: »
    Steven comes to you and one time only, you get to suggest a single idea to be included into Ashes. 100% it's getting in the game. What do you tell him?

That the environment actually makes a difference and that I has a player can interact with it, if I'm making a scout mission I want to be able to climb a tall tree and have a better eyesight, if my primary is a rogue I can climb it if not I need a rope and some skill to do it.
    In a siege the rain, snow or storms makes more difficult to use the siege weapons but give and advantage of I want to make my route inside the castle through the back door.
    If there is a road that passage through a mountain I can use magic to make some rocks to fall and trap a caravan or a bunch of enemies
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Unead campaigne were you start of as a spirit (dead) and have to find bones to possess. Your choice of bones as per race. So you start of a a skeleton have to choice to progress as dark magic user or warrior with undead special abilities of course. So lets say ou are a warrior you would start geting armour bit bye but until you were a full fledged death knight in full armour with ghastly mount.

But also had the option to play ghosts so you would progress as a ghoul, specter, banshee, finally getting body playing a mummy until you became an archliche.

Really the material for this game is like hundreds of pages long but you guys get the idea.
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    To piggy-back and meld a couple of ideas about mines already posted;

The best ore will need to be mined from the deepest tunnels. Said tunnels have to be dug and thru a leveling/phasing system the tunnels are revealed.

Resources are needed to expand the mine (may take a large guild to fully fund the deepest mines) and both NPC hired help as well as the mine itself will need defending, especially if you get greedy and dig too deep.

These tunnels may intersect with tulnar areas and new pathways could be opened up for caravans.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    JoselineJoseline Member
    edited June 2019
    Dress-up system and a few million outfits
    I wanna have outfits reaching from fanservice thats almost 18+, cute stuff like pyjama skins as well as edgelord stuff with black robes and skullmasks and a system that allows to mix diffrent sets together in a meaningful way

I love experimenting with a lot of things. Trying to copy BRS's outfit or walking around with a pyjama. Trying to mix a few sets together so that you cant even tell what the character behind those clothes looks like

Having a feature that lets you design your own masks would be really cool too
  • Options
    VunakVunak Member
    Fully aim-based action combat, with well done animations for animation lock that makes sense. akin to TERA or BDO.

Non-Floaty combat. Circle strafe idiocy. Like ESO, GW2, Wildstar.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    A launch date
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101