Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If You Could Get One Thing Added to AOC...

Comments

• Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    beardo wrote: »
    anime women!

anime is the dumbest thing your generation has adopted. sort yourself out.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    Dayuhan wrote: »
    Persistent bodies during combat, that is once a creature is killed in combat they do not de-spawn from the combat zone until some time after the combat has ended.

First, like the terrain in the wilderness, such as bodies of water, rocks, and large branches or the objects in a populated areas such as barrels, crates, and buildings, they become an obstacle to the on-going combat. I find a near-immediate de-spawn breaks the immersion for many MMOs; because, as soon as the creature is dead - even if the a body is still displayed - the character can walk right through it like it is a ghost.

The second immersion breaker is when the body goes poof and disappears during combat. Yes, the bodies eventually do have to de-spawn, but I think this should be postponed until some time after the combat has ended.

I actually like this idea a lot! I really hope they implement this in AoC :)
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Good lore
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    tugowar wrote: »
    beardo wrote: »
    anime women!

anime is the dumbest thing your generation has adopted. sort yourself out.

How dare you also how dare you.
    Ao-C-Forum-Sig-by-JINX.png
  • Options
    nightragnernightragner Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would just give Steven this and he would know
    Druid_Class_added_list.jpg
  • Options
    Labor camps with npcs working it while you offline.
    Examples are:
    Mining camps
    Lumber camps
    Hunting camps

You get the idea,
  • Options
    CaelronCaelron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I already made a post, but thought I'd add one more that I can't believe I forgot.

A Grappler Class or Sub-class
    Since it's a "grappler", it would probably be more PVP focused, unless they made some crazy builds that allowed you to logically wrestle things more than one size category larger than you.

...would be pretty funny to choke-out a dragon.
  • Options
    caelron wrote: »
    I already made a post, but thought I'd add one more that I can't believe I forgot.

A Grappler Class or Sub-class
    Since it's a "grappler", it would probably be more PVP focused, unless they made some crazy builds that allowed you to logically wrestle things more than one size category larger than you.

...would be pretty funny to choke-out a dragon.

Sounds like a monk class of sorts. Probably similar to Striker/Mystic in BDO.
  • Options
    SarevokSarevok Member
    edited July 2019
    Removal of Corruption system restraints so Bounty Hunters are not hunting handicapped players (where is the fun in that?). Bounty Hunters are the only players that can be given bounties and when bounties are complete (bounty is killed and transported to prison of node where crimes took place) that player will be judged by their peers of the node where the crimes took place in a trial (similar to ArcheAge) of peers with no guild affiliation to the defendant. A similar stat list detailing the prosecuted's crimes. No notes unless the defendant(s) only wish to leave one by clicking the bloodstains at the scene of the crime/death. Adjust the penalty on death for corrupt players from equipped items or items in their bag to a different system pertaining to the node (manual labor i.e. mining, lumbering, etc...) for paying your dues or the option to pay out of pocket a heftier fine (partial payment to defendant(s). Add Infamy system that will build over time (with time degrading factors) on repeat corrupt offenders to the point it will make them outlaws (similar to Pirates in AA) causing them when entering cities or nodes to be targeted by guards, chased and teleported outside the city or if a repeat offense in 60 minutes occurs, attacked and/or killed on sight resulting in normal death penalties.

Black Markets and Inns - where other players with infamy (>0 infamy players and outlaws only. No bounty hunters allowed.) may visit in certain nodes to buy certain goods or services in game and congregate. Black Inns offer an arena where players may gamble on fights or participate themselves. Having a black market can prove beneficial to the owners of the node or ... maybe not. The arena's cut goes to the node owner. Certain ranks of infamy grant access to outlaw related items which can be bought with gold or other currency(TBD):
    -Cloaks that can hide names, guild association and help lower guard detection in towns/nodes.
    -Personal Contracts that can be placed and taken by players and require proof on payment (ears or potential node objective destroyed or tampered with in-game that slows progression of a node). Espionage anyone?
    -Normal wares found in markets.
    -Black Marketplace connected to the normal market or a separate market of their own entirely. (TBD)
    -Unique quests that a bartender of the Black Inn offers that still grants gold, node progression and EXP or infamy if selected. (Option if there are node dailies available but risk being killed by guards).
    -Higher Infamy ranks grant access to special skills and lore not available to the goodly folk of the realm. (Poisons, designs of evil denizens of the realm, spell books and Lore that can be traded)

A quest line found in any temple or church in the game if players wish to gradually lose their infamy and corruption back to 0 and then a probation period of 14 days is put into place where they may NOT flag but only defend themselves. Taking this quest bans you from Black Markets/Inns and flagging. Grants "Repentance" buff allowing any quest completed to reduce a certain amount of infamy or corruption. This buff is permanent until the player reaches o infamy and 0 corruption. All churches/temples are Non-PvP zones enforced by the gods. Prevents guards from attacking.

I would need more info on the current corruption system to help deter players from being mindlessly killed while also not destroying the PKer's experience. Level cap based on flagger to be flagged on, Node/Zone giving safe and open pvp durations, etc... (Work in progress)

If this idea is so far left field than at least just remove the debilitating effects of corruption and the loss of potential items upon death. This is a game and not everyone is going to be nice. Words won't always win whether for a good reason or bad. That is when actions will need to speak louder than words.
  • Options
    More races of just add undead.

P.s Steven please give my a lich skin
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »

Or if this could be added as a passive effect in the Necromancer class, a special item effect or an option for Tulnar?
  • Options
    Another payment option beside subscription like: 10 EUR/24 hour playtime.
  • Options
    sarevok wrote: »

Or if this could be added as a passive effect in the Necromancer class, a special item effect or an option for Tulnar?

shhhhhhhh you get nothing this is for me only
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ghoosty wrote: »

Help me out, but the math doesn't add up for me.

Why pay 10 Euro for 24hrs of time when you can pay ~15 for as much time as you want in 30 days?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    karthos wrote: »
    Why pay 10 Euro for 24hrs of time when you can pay ~15 for as much time as you want in 30 days?

The 24 hours is playtime what can spend in a year. It is good for casual gamers or for busy periods.
    Not everybody play more than an hours each day. Especially in summer when we go for a 2 weeks vacation, or you have exams you know you will not be able to play as much as you usually can, but you have 1-2 days play. etc.
  • Options
    burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One

I can't speak for him, but I would imagine it would be for people that may play very little on a monthly basis, or within a particular month. Paying for playtime hours lets you potentially extend that purchase over multiple months instead of having to pay every single month. They might also be able to just pay for only the time they intend to play.
    I personally plan to hit more than 24 hours monthly, but I can see how it could be useful.
  • Options

I can't speak for him, but I would imagine it would be for people that may play very little on a monthly basis, or within a particular month. Paying for playtime hours lets you potentially extend that purchase over multiple months instead of having to pay every single month. They might also be able to just pay for only the time they intend to play.
    I personally plan to hit more than 24 hours monthly, but I can see how it could be useful.

Sounds pretty logical to me. I can certainly see appeal in something like that. All-in-all, It’s not for me but I could see value in it.
  • Options
    SarevokSarevok Member
    edited July 2019

Sounds pretty logical to me. I can certainly see appeal in something like that. All-in-all, It’s not for me but I could see value in it.

The 24 hours is playtime what can spend in a year. It is good for casual gamers or for busy periods.
    Not everybody play more than an hours each day. Especially in summer when we go for a 2 weeks vacation, or you have exams you know you will not be able to play as much as you usually can, but you have 1-2 days play. etc.

How casual is 24 hours playtime in a year? Might as well not even play the game at that point unless you enjoy spending ~15 minutes a day on the game. I hope to hit 24 hours a week if life will let me.

HEAR ME LIFE?! 24 hours A WEEK!
  • Options

How casual is 24 hours playtime in a year? Might as well not even play the game at that point unless you enjoy spending ~15 minutes a day on the game. I hope to hit 24 hours a week if life will let me.

HEAR ME LIFE?! 24 hours A WEEK!

good point. I still can’t help but wonder if plans like the one suggested could still be lucrative for the devs. But I can imagine it being more trouble than it’s worth and a standard subscription model seems less chaotic for the company. I don’t know

Also, I laughed out loud when I read “HEAR ME LIFE?! 24 hours A WEEK!
  • Options
    Emowyn93Emowyn93 Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    augment-able summons(builds for not only the player, but for the summon to make it unique to a point)
  • Options
    How casual is 24 hours playtime in a year?

It was just a silly example, the important thing is that you have more than a month to use the 24 hours. In an average month I plan to play more than 24 hours, but I know that in my life I have some periods where I will be able to play much less.
    But the 24 hours was also just an example, it can be 10EUR/48 hours and you have 3 month to spend it. Or multiple packages like 5EUR/24 hours, 10 EUR/50 hours, 20 EUR/110 hours. I believe that Intrepid can find out the price what is fair and they also have profit from it.
  • Options
    puppetpuppet Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    A mentoring system akin to the one from EQ2. It made powerleveling alts or just grouping with noobs so much fun. Nobody feels left behind when their friends can simply mentor down and run low level areas with them to help them catch up. I've never understood why such a basic yet helpful tool is not implemented in more mmos.

Also, the ability to turn off xp gain - especially if a mentoring system is not viable.
  • Options
    KovrmKovrm Member
    Steven comes to you and one time only, you get to suggest a single idea to be included into Ashes. 100% it's getting in the game. What do you tell him?

Taken from my post in the crafting thread:

"There was a game years ago, I think around 2007 or so.. It ended up going under before it was ever released. Can't remember the name... anywho!

It had seasons, day/night cycles, weather, and astronomy that all affected the outcome of crafted items. Location also played a part, if I remember correctly.

A *very basic* example would be something to the effect of, say, crafting a 2h Axe during the winter, would yield stats in favor of say frost/cold damage. But, then you would also factor in the weather, the constellation/sign it was crafted under, whether it was crafted during night or day, and where you made it; like on a mountain, or in a cave, etc. The same factors could be used across all crafting professions, ofc...."

There were a lot of other really good ideas in the crafting thread as well that dealt with a really immersive and in depth crafting system.

So, if Steven came to me, and one time only I got to make a suggestion that would 100% make it into the game, it would be a crafting system this diverse, in depth, and unique.

You could/would have some potentially super rare items, that wouldn't last forever, and would be very hard to acquire. If season were real time, you theoretically would only be able to make a batch of a certain quality once a year. Crafters/trades-folk could begin to accrue and hold "secrets"/knowledge as to how they create said items. I personally hope that crafting professions have specializations, like blacksmith can take the armor or weapon route, then further specialize in what type of armor or weapons they make. Not the type of crafting where 1 person can master all aspects/specializations and essentially be self sufficient.

Thank you to those who took the time to read this post!
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • Options
    reidarGreidarG Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would want something which I find to be really detailed and it enables versatility to how you would play the game. I draw inspiration to this idea from a game I used to play back before the RNG took over it.

The idea includes that instead of focussing on just basic skills (like you have in e.g WoW) like your class role, and your crafting skills, you would rather have a number of skills which can be categorised. Skills like Eloquence which you need to progress in order to purchase and sell higher level trade goods. Under Eloquence you would have stunt skills which you also would have to progress. The stunt skills are basically passive skills. These skills would be Purchasing which allows the player to purchase higher trade goods at traders, Vendition which allows the player to sell more items on a stall, Negotiation which gives the player discount when bribing raiders while you're transporting goods from point A to B.

With the Eloquence skill you would be able to instead of buying and selling everything straight off an auction house, you would be able to open your own trading stall which is completely dynamic and can be placed wherever in a city node you want it to be. It would have a 24 timer on it where you would stand or one of your NPC servants which would trade, purchase or sell items that you have specified in your own trading stall. This would populate the nodes with a lot of dynamic stalls and people would have to spend time going from stall to stall in order to find if anyone is selling that item or goods you need, or are buying any goods you have to sell for the price that is set there.

Other skills would be Voyage used for sailing. Naval Warfare which progresses when you are using the ship's weaponry against another ship. Fighting Skills which is a category for all the weapons that you can use and will have to progress seperately from another weapon. Some of the Collection Skills would be Timber Felling where you stay for a good while (not 4-5 seconds like a lot of the other MMOs) and gather different levels of wood, depending on the tree you are felling and the area you're in. Wood could be used to build different levels and tiers of caravans, ships and other structures. Mining where you gather different levels of Ore, Copper Ore, Nickel Ore, Iron Ore, Charcoal, etc to be used for other Production Skills such as forging weapons, jewelry, etc. Planting which I already know is confirmed, but I'll write it down anyway. It enables you to plant crops and wait for them to grow and harvest them. Fishing which I am pretty sure will be in the game. And lastly you have different Production Skills like Blacksmith for making weapons, armors, etc. Builder for building structures such as ships, caravans, furniture, houses, etc. Sewing or Tailor for making clothing, furniture, etc. Alchemy for producing potions and other stims. Taming for taming wild horses and other animals to make mounts.
  • Options
    aurhiaaurhia Member, Pioneer
    The ability to have a tavern -- meaning the dedicated mechanics of a tavern space that they've already discussed like a bounty board, restorative effects, and mini games, etc -- on a ship. Preferably a ship that was subject to the same sort of rules as a freehold rather than being attackable at any time. Maybe in exchange you can't mount weapons on the ship either, except during times when a similar freehold would be attackable (like during a node siege), and it can't be used to transport goods like a caravan, to keep the mobility fair. (I would have a separate ship for combat or trade, in other words, and this one would be a dedicated freehold or guild space).

Than again, if that were available, I might never come ashore except to go into town for supplies...
    Aurhia Seelund, Seelund Trading Co.
    I have a "special" relationship with Lady Luck. She smiles on me often...Usually, with derision.
  • Options
    aurhia wrote: »
    The ability to have a tavern -- meaning the dedicated mechanics of a tavern space that they've already discussed like a bounty board, restorative effects, and mini games, etc -- on a ship. Preferably a ship that was subject to the same sort of rules as a freehold rather than being attackable at any time. Maybe in exchange you can't mount weapons on the ship either, except during times when a similar freehold would be attackable (like during a node siege), and it can't be used to transport goods like a caravan, to keep the mobility fair. (I would have a separate ship for combat or trade, in other words, and this one would be a dedicated freehold or guild space).

Than again, if that were available, I might never come ashore except to go into town for supplies...

good news you can indeed own and run your own tavern
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    aurhiaaurhia Member, Pioneer

The important bit of that was "on a ship" :)

I'm already planning to run a tavern as a base for our guild.
    Aurhia Seelund, Seelund Trading Co.
    I have a "special" relationship with Lady Luck. She smiles on me often...Usually, with derision.
  • Options

The important bit of that was "on a ship" :)

I'm already planning to run a tavern as a base for our guild.

pay no mind then ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    EvoWEvoW Member
    Large scale summoning that lasts forever. Like, being able to summon a massive horde of demons or a gigantic Dragon or something. Wouldn't be able to control it unless you have the prerequisites tho, so you might just unleash a calamity
  • Options
    EvoWEvoW Member
    jahlon wrote: »
    The ability to change your main class like Archeage or Final Fantasy XIV.
    Hmm I think that would take away from the importance and significance of choosing a class when making your character. Perhaps it could be possible via a quest or a huge "training" payment, but I don't think a free change system like in Archeage would fit this game as well.