Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If You Could Get One Thing Added to AOC...

123457»

Comments

• Options
    swooxieswooxie Member, Intrepid Pack
    EvoW wrote: »
    Large scale summoning that lasts forever. Like, being able to summon a massive horde of demons or a gigantic Dragon or something. Wouldn't be able to control it unless you have the prerequisites tho, so you might just unleash a calamity

In the early stages of Ashes there was a monster coin where you could transform into an monster (not sure if it's still in).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1At83ext_b8
    I can image doing this with a guild will result in something of the quote ;)

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Monster Coin or Horde Mode will be part of APOC testing...so we shall see :D
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    elf wrote: »
    The Monster Coin or Horde Mode will be part of APOC testing...so we shall see :D

And I can not wait.

@Steven Sharif Show me the undead hordes!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    missbanjomissbanjo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All classes/specs being able to have a role in raids/dungeons.
    GWpEIbP.jpg
  • Options
    EvoWEvoW Member
    missbanjo wrote: »
    All classes/specs being able to have a role in raids/dungeons.

I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly, but I feel like not EVERY spec should be useful in EVERY dungeon. Like, in a Crypt, you shouldn't be able to effectively use Unholy Magic to defeat the Undead.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2019
    swooxie wrote: »
    EvoW wrote: »
    Large scale summoning that lasts forever. Like, being able to summon a massive horde of demons or a gigantic Dragon or something. Wouldn't be able to control it unless you have the prerequisites tho, so you might just unleash a calamity

In the early stages of Ashes there was a monster coin where you could transform into an monster (not sure if it's still in).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1At83ext_b8
    I can image doing this with a guild will result in something of the quote ;)

The monster coin is time locked. I think that they said that some(the rare and epic ones) are only usable in a specific time window and all of the transformations only last for a specific time.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    sarevok wrote: »
    How casual is 24 hours playtime in a year?
    I could see the point to it, in some games.

A lot of gamers straight up won't have monthly subscriptions to more than one game. While it is obviously Intrepids goal to be that one that we all subscribe to, there is no real harm in also targeting players that are subscribed to other games.

Before you can do that though, you need to make sure your game is good enough to be a good number of gamers main MMO. No MMO can survive if they are only ever a gamers second choice.

If you have that solid base though, adding in a means for Ashes to be a solid second MMO for players of other MMO's could be a good idea. They could just add a casual story to the game that gets a new chapter every 3 or 4 months, just enough to get people to log in every so often.

The real benefit to this is that if/when these gamers get tired of their main MMO, it will be natura for them to move to Ashes as they already have their toe in the water here.

I don't know if the idea would be a good fit for *this* game, but the idea itself is solid.

• Options
    KovrmKovrm Member
    noaani wrote: »
    sarevok wrote: »
    How casual is 24 hours playtime in a year?
    I could see the point to it, in some games.

A lot of gamers straight up won't have monthly subscriptions to more than one game. While it is obviously Intrepids goal to be that one that we all subscribe to, there is no real harm in also targeting players that are subscribed to other games.

Before you can do that though, you need to make sure your game is good enough to be a good number of gamers main MMO. No MMO can survive if they are only ever a gamers second choice.

If you have that solid base though, adding in a means for Ashes to be a solid second MMO for players of other MMO's could be a good idea. They could just add a casual story to the game that gets a new chapter every 3 or 4 months, just enough to get people to log in every so often.

The real benefit to this is that if/when these gamers get tired of their main MMO, it will be natura for them to move to Ashes as they already have their toe in the water here.

I don't know if the idea would be a good fit for *this* game, but the idea itself is solid.

If Ashes is released at the magnitude that Intrepid and current backers/fans are dreaming and hoping for, with all goals met. It will likely be the only game I play anymore. I haven't been this stoked for a game since they announced WoW.
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • Options
    i would do detailed rpg elements and choices.
    OR
    release date
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    caedwyn wrote: »
    i would do detailed rpg elements and choices.
    OR
    release date

Oh I can get behind this
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    A crafting system similar to Final Fantasy XIV where you have to actually make skill choices to try and craft higher quality items. You could just click "build 100 potions" if you needed quantity in a hurry, or you could use your crafter skills to work towards a high quality item.

I wouldn't want it to be the same. I just want the option to feel like I'm actually crafting something, not just shoving things into a UI and clicking go.