Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Female Armor

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Some of this thread has been very interesting to read through. Especially with examples!

However, some of this thread has also been not awesome to read through.

I'd love it if we could steer this back to a more productive conversation! Having differing opinions is what the forums are all about. However, our forums are also all about being well unto one another ^_^

What are some armor sets that we've shown that you like and dislike, and what do you like and dislike about them?

:heart:

I wouldnt mind seeing some armor sets that are themed with some of your mount designs.

Your fox of the pyre mount would go well with a cloth set that got a theme like japanese shrine priestess wouldnt mind seeing ur take on that kinda cloth armor for ashes to go with the fox mount

Your turtle mount: Would work well with a turtle shell heavy armor set (Something different from you heavy armor that is metal

For birds/gryphon, leather armor adorned by feathers

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    If AoC doesn't mind a ESRB Rating of Mature 17+ then almost any armors can be available but they would need to more careful if they wanted a ESRB Rating of Teen (13+).
  • Options
    I think talking about sexy armor sets or clothes for AoC sounds for me inappropriate. There should be some kind of ladylike, graceful and dignified sets of clothes for female characters available to show the feminine side of a character if a player want to.
    But this is always difficult to balance. But I think this should be the same for male characters btw..
  • Options
    Tbh, I don't actually mind armor that is more "body conscious" - except for plate. Because in a more realistic sense plate armor becomes dangerous to the wearer when it is snug and cups around boobs. It provided more danger of injury from combat than it does protection. And I just can't get that out of my head - even given the fantasy game aspect. I guess because I usually play females of plate wearing classes.

That being said, I obviously prefer more realistic than fantasy type armor for my characters. But I'm not going to begrudge anyone who likes the pure fantasy aspect. As long as it doesn't just apply to women. Send males off to battle in metal tong! Have a whole speedo battle brigade! Though I don't really think that matches the aesthetic that AoC wants to go with.

I think there is room for realism and fantasy aspects, as long as it applies to all genders and doesn't go to extremes.
  • Options
    Hailee wrote: »

Some real world examples of cloth armor I'd like to see. (And a black Cape. I just think its a really nice idea having one with a collar like that.)

I'm ignoring most of the rage comments, but glad to see some constructive feedback on examples of possible feminine cloth armor styles in addition to heavy/leather armor. Thanks! I hope Intrepid makes some cloth armors with these styles as a reference.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited April 2022
    Caww wrote: »
    If AoC doesn't mind a ESRB Rating of Mature 17+ then almost any armors can be available but they would need to more careful if they wanted a ESRB Rating of Teen (13+).

I see plenty of feminine and/or semi revealing clothing in many TV13 shows and other Teen rated games. Nobody is asking for nudity or "mature" content here. Just simple feminine outfits. Hell, the character creator itself has a turntable of a man & woman in their underwear...So at this point it's JUST that some people have it out for feminine looking clothes. Coming fresh off New World - my wife is quite concerned about another western MMO and the potential armor choices. I know some of these comments make it seem like anyone who asks for an even slightly feminine armor or clothing is somehow demanding an Ashes OnlyFans account be created, but I can assure you some gamers just want to play a feminine looking character and not be covered up in blankets and shamed by others for liking feminine things, even if it's not the most protective choice, because you know, fantasy game mages should apparently only wear head-to-toe plate armor as it provides the "best" protection.

With many of the recent armor showings from Intrepid, I have full confidence that the armor choices they gives us will be adequate.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    RaiseRaise Member
    edited April 2022
    Roland40 wrote: »
    New here, but as far as busty female armor, it's not at all practical and would actually be dangerous in real world. If you took a chest hit, or even tripped and fell over, your sternum could break.

The real world is not named Ashes of Creation.

I personally do not like this argument because it's literally laced with hypocrisy.

The protest against revealing armor is mostly just insecurity. Biased insecurity at that.

There shouldn't be any shirtless, extremely ripped males either then by this logic, but I bet you the game will be riddled with them.

It's OK to have half-naked, buff males but for some reason people are offended by a virtual female body.

It's a fantasy game; with creatures, magic and nonsense.

Applying real-world logic to a fantasy video game with flying monsters is more of a mask than an argument.

In War
  • Options
    Raise wrote: »
    It's OK to have half-naked, buff males but for some reason people are offended by a virtual female body.

We've seen enough nonsense in recent years. From oversized tower armor and plate bikinis everything was there. I hope they offer some realism and shabby armor as well. I would prefer that

• Options
    Sygmund wrote: »
    We've seen enough nonsense in recent years. From oversized tower armor and plate bikinis everything was there. I hope they offer some realism and shabby armor as well. I would prefer that

"As well" being the key words. That's all we're asking for. Choice. If they "overcorrect" the same way New World did, I'll be very disappointed.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don`t mind various tiers of light coverage to very full coverage.

What I do want to see is that that has influence. Meaning lightly clad, however, it be, means you are faster and more agile but less protected and full covering the opposite with varying degrees from light, to med, to heavy. Even extremes on the light and the heavy.

But what I would like to steer away from is players circumventing potentially the intention of the game.. NW to increase carrying capacity when gathering, then players wore nothing and just ran around in the bare model state/underwear.. not into that.

But do really like the idea of the risk/reward.. ie glass cannon at one extreme > want to hit harder go super light and risk one/two-hit death.. or the laden tank > hard to take down, cannot hit hard but can pull all damage their way and walk slowly around
  • Options
    KreedKreed Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Raise wrote: »
    Roland40 wrote: »
    New here, but as far as busty female armor, it's not at all practical and would actually be dangerous in real world. If you took a chest hit, or even tripped and fell over, your sternum could break.

The real world is not named Ashes of Creation.

I personally do not like this argument because it's literally laced with hypocrisy.

The protest against revealing armor is mostly just insecurity. Biased insecurity at that.

There shouldn't be any shirtless, extremely ripped males either then by this logic, but I bet you the game will be riddled with them.

Applying real-world logic to a fantasy video game with flying monsters is more of a mask than an argument.

Well said.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It makes no different at all really. The game mechanics come first in my opinion. I've played MMOs where you can get naked and go buff in either gender form. I've played MMOs where you can wear beach gear and lingerie and stuff if you wanted.

What I soon realised is these 'gimmicks' did not add longevities to the games and did not cause a massive increase in subscribers. In effect, you are asking for the window frame before you make the hole for the window.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited April 2022
    Neurath wrote: »
    It makes no different at all really. The game mechanics come first in my opinion. I've played MMOs where you can get naked and go buff in either gender form. I've played MMOs where you can wear beach gear and lingerie and stuff if you wanted.

What I soon realised is these 'gimmicks' did not add longevities to the games and did not cause a massive increase in subscribers. In effect, you are asking for the window frame before you make the hole for the window.

I'm by no means asking for cosmetics to take precedence over gameplay. You're right - a good game cosmetics does not make.

This is merely a request for a 'better' game (to me & my wife), the icing on the cake so to speak. The cake still has to taste good, and the cake hasn't even finished baking. Doesn't mean we can't start thinking about how we want to decorate it.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah I agree. Don't worry. I merely meant that after my experience with the sudden Py'Rai reveal (no horns in concept art prior) all my cosmetics will have to be replaced I fear. Therefore, I would rather request that after launch, the cosmetics should be shown in all racial variations (or as soon as possible) because people will lose a lot of money if they don't plan alts.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif