Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• Options
    Some type of Summoner, more then likely Beatmaster. I really hope they manage to incorporate a decent "Pet" class in the game, i see so many games do it so terribly :(
  • Options
    Spellshield
    I hate mages.
    So now i am a man with a mission.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    Nightshield.

Not only does it sound badass, but I can imagine with how nice tank is already looking, getting skills from rogue for evasive group buffs or even things like a group stealth. Skills based around hiding other players and increasing evasion stats to survive makes an incredible support option for ambushing or defending caravans. A tank that protects with deception, hiding your party and telling the person with the loot to split away. Lying in wait with 1 person as they walk with the caravan and then as soon as it's attacked, 5 people pop out and obliterate them. Going into the middle of a castle siege and bringing a group of fighters into stealth across into enemy lines or hiding a group that's under suppression of mage skills.

Could even have a big barrier they can setup you can't see that blocks ranged attacks. Or maybe create an area of effect spot that stealths anyone who enters it, leading people to waste attacks on it when it's empty or people using it to actually hide from aimed attacks. The dash tanks get could stealth them or increase evasion rate. I just think of the concept as something perfect for a leader or someone wanting to both protect and offer offensive support to a group while still being able to tank if by themselves.
    Future mercenary guild owner in Ashes of Creation
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton
  • Options
    Spellsword or shadowblade
  • Options
    im probably going for weapon master, anybody got any idea when this game will release?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Papa necro is here
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Archwizard ofc
  • Options
    Sadly no druid class so maybe a mage of some sort? Still undecided...
  • Options
    Orc Bard, but almost no information is known on Bards.

They could be awesome and I hope they are; if they turn into lame versions of wizards (like in other games), then naa.. I don't want to toss "music" like another caster would toss a "fireball". That isn't a bard in my mind.
  • Options
    IncoqnitoIncoqnito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Paladin or Brood Warden. Looking very much forward to learn more about what role they see the Summoner taking and how much you can shift it with secondaries.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Shoklen wrote: »
    Orc Bard, but almost no information is known on Bards.

They could be awesome and I hope they are; if they turn into lame versions of wizards (like in other games), then naa.. I don't want to toss "music" like another caster would toss a "fireball". That isn't a bard in my mind.

6BHz0or.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MrhubbardMrhubbard Member
    edited May 2021
    Edit: going nightspell because I want more rogue aspects than mage.
  • Options
    Well Im not sure. I'm thinking of going necromancer or necromancer or maybe a necromancer.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    VhinxVhinx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    im planning on going trickster( Bard rouge)
    The Order-
    g5ybg7eb1zhp.png
  • Options
    Sentinel
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Mrhubbard wrote: »
    Personally I would play shadow caster I think that’s what it’s called, but I would love to here your class your interested in playing.

Can't say before I see all the skills, augments, gear, buffs, de-buffs etc. All I know thus far is I am rolling a Dwarf :smile:
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some kind of Bard or Rogue.
    Bard/Tank or Bard/Fighter maybe.
    Rogue/Ranger with full attackspeed build, because Rogues go brrrrrt.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wizard, hopefully we can deep dive and invest heavily into air and be nicknamed Sparky!
  • Options
    Duelist, Weapon Master or some offensive tank.
  • Options
    Nightshield. Really praying the class system is more fleshed out than just base skills 2ndary augments.... And I'll be able to play a tank that can provide evasion, stealth, and etc raid/siege based support to helping players escape, maneuver, and ambush opponents. Mitigation through deception sounds really badass to me.
    Future mercenary guild owner in Ashes of Creation
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton
  • Options
    AshburnAshburn Member
    edited October 2020
    Spellsword. Cuz it sounds & looks sexy

spellsword_by_radulfgreyhammer-d5zaiya.jpg
  • Options
    I think this is the first game where I haven't had a clear idea of which class I'll end up playing. Hope to figure out how several play in beta.
  • Options
    Shadowmancer...............
  • Options
    Ocicat wrote: »

Beastmaster?
  • Options
    Shadow shield with the hope of being able to play it as a shadow bodyguard!
  • Options
    VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    Ranger as the 1st Archetype for sure, but I haven't decided yet on the second. I'm really curious to see how the augments will work. Will they be generic or specified? Meaning - are the secondary augments for example Fighter the same for Ranger Primary as they are Cleric Primary?
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • Options
    VhinxVhinx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Trickster
    The Order-
    g5ybg7eb1zhp.png
  • Options
    Vhinx wrote: »
    Trickster

Gunslinger! Royalguard! Swordmaster! Trickster!

the four styles lived in harmony but that all changed when Virgil attacked
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Ocicat wrote: »

Beastmaster?

Seems more like a BM hunter from WoW with way more options. Intriguing to be sure so I might have to try that one out.
  • Options
    Well for me to make decision I'll have to see a more finished version of the combat and more details in each class and how they play.
    Now what seems appealing to me currently are the mage+tank(Spellstone) and tank+mage(Spellshield) other that I find interesting are cleric+fighter(Templar) and tank+summoner(Keeper).
    In other games I usually play something that can support my team and if possible be a little tanky. Also I like magic so if I can find a combination of those in one of the classes I will probably pick that.