Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can we re-set this thread with a poll?
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »

You want to make 64 poll options?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    akabear wrote: »

normal people cant make polls so it would have to be a stawpoll
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KusaijshiKusaijshi Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I dont know what i will Play.
    Normaly i realy likes assasins. But Tanks and heal are always nice too. And since its a game with dd/heal/Tank and Not this everyone can do everything shit i realy Think about playing heal or Tank.
    But i Think i will Test the classes and look how they Fell in alpha2-beta2 and decide then
  • Options
    Not sure whether to go with Mage or Summoner. On one hand, Summoner appeals to me quite a bit through the overall theme (I want to summon Pokemon, alright?), but the "jack of all trades" seems a more mediocre approach in comparison to going full Tank, Healer, or DPS.

On the other hand, Mage seems nice because magical DPS is always something that I enjoy, but it feels a bit more "standard" compared to the Summoner, though the Archetypes probably help with that.

Of course, the Summoner seems to offer more versatility for solo/small group players since you can double as a back-up for a role, fill in the one missing role, etc. than the Mage would. Probably easier to get a group, too, since so many of the classes are DPS.

Then, again, it depends a lot on how they plan to balance the Summoner's capabilities versus other classes because I can see a situation in which no one wants to party with a Base Class Summoner because getting a Base Class DPS/Tank/Healer would be far more effective.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about running a Dwarf Battlemage as my first character. I like Dwarves, magic, and swords, so this seems like a perfect fit for me.
  • Options
    JazeriousJazerious Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Summoner or bard!!! I played cleric in too many other games. Unless they make clerics fun to play or are just really back at making summoners and bards, i'm skipping cleric this time around.

Well most likely I will make all 3, but main either summoner or bard XD!!!

I can tell i'm going to have so many alts in this game ZZZZZZ...
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Sandman wrote: »
    Most likely a stealther of some sort if augmented full stealth is available. if not then a Dual wield Fighter.

Stealth will only be possible for main class rogues.

well, Steven did give in example of a WR charge skill going stealth during the charge animation with a rogue augment.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Jazerious wrote: »
    Most likely a stealther of some sort if augmented full stealth is available. if not then a Dual wield Fighter.

well, Steven did give in example of a WR charge skill going stealth during the charge animation with a rogue augment.

When? Then only example he gave to charge was the mage teleport augment i believe. COuld be that i missed it though.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

Ooooh, that's interesting. I missed that one, too. Would open up lots of possibilities.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Yea, he mention is over a year ago. He could have changed him mind by then, but that's like saying teleport will only be given to mage primaries.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yea, he mention is over a year ago. He could have changed him mind by then, but that's like saying teleport will only be given to mage primaries.

Well, they talked about keeping specific abilities class bound. Like direct healing of other party members.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    depending of my future RP guild:
    Knight if i go Tank
    Battle mage if i go DPS
    High Priest if i go Healer
  • Options
    I'm going to try dreadnaught first because it sounds amazing
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    any word on how many characters we are likely to be able to create?
    I would like to make a few, but first an assassin or ranger!
  • Options
    Soulbow for sure
  • Options
    Human High Priest or Scryer.
  • Options
    RhuellRhuell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like to be a hoplite hunter, but any fighter variant would suffice as long as it supports my hoplite fantasy.
  • Options
    Rhuell wrote: »
    I'd like to be a hoplite hunter, but any fighter variant would suffice as long as it supports my hoplite fantasy.

You sound like a bunny. Are you a rabbit? (Gets out his claws for Wabbit huntin season)
  • Options
    NuubNuub Member
    Assassin
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Empyrean Battlemage
    Dünir Guardian & Kaelar Templar >:)
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Empyrean 100%, going with something in the ranger family. I will have to feel it out first.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Member
    I want to play a light melee one hander/dual wield fighter so probably Bladedancer(Fighter/Bard).
    For the race, anything that is not a dwarf(i have usually hard time to play short characters) and which has a good look on creation screen.

And maybe Falconer(Ranger/Summoner) or Battlemage(Mage/Figther) or any bard type for a reroll.
  • Options
    MowabyMowaby Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bard
  • Options
    Defenitly enchanter..wanna live that log horizon shiroe fantasy :D
  • Options
    I miss playing Bards, but I always like being beefy, so I assume I will try Tank>Bard first and see what happens.
  • Options
    Healer - High Priest
  • Options
    Shaman or Soul Weaver
  • Options
    Pirate wrote: »
    Curious to know what everyone is going to choose! I can't wait to play Alpha-2! My only regret is not finding out about this game earlier to buy the dark allegiances cosmetics. :'(
    pEV1XW0.jpg

Gonna be trying spellsword first :)
  • Options
    2Clueless2Clueless Member
    edited March 2021
    To everyone else picking Assassin: I look forward to working with you, ganking you as you try to gank someone else, getting ganked by you, and/or completely leaving you alone as you carry out your business due to mutual respect.