Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What class will YOU be picking?

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    AcijAcij Member
    edited July 2022
    Probably something with Rogues!
    Feel like for someone who often play solo thats good! 😭
  • Options
    Honestly

Probably Sorcerer, depending on what the bard skills are like. If not some kind of summoner.
  • Options
    Minstrel... 100% and ill prolly pick up cooking if i can as a profession.
  • Options
    I've been going back and forth with every possible combination of Tank, Bard and Summoner.

That said, if Brood Warden is going to be anything like I imagine (as a terminal Golgari player), I'm going to go with that so hard.
  • Options
    Empyrian elf Spellsword or Bladecaller is what is calling to me the most, I really like the fantasy of a warrior with magic. But I will try every class combination in alpha/beta and play whatever feels better gameplay wise to me.
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    So hard to say with so many classes so i will just name a few that interest me:
    Not sure what race yet but probably a male kaelar or vaelune
    Templar, Scryer, Soulweaver, Spellstone, Dreadnought, Magician, Apostle

I'm more looking towards tanky casters, tanky healers and would support a lack of some mobility for survivability. I also am interested in support classes but will have to see what that looks like. I will not be playing any rogue or ranger classes or combinations for sure though.
  • Options
    Chaine351 wrote: »
    I've been going back and forth with every possible combination of Tank, Bard and Summoner.

That said, if Brood Warden is going to be anything like I imagine (as a terminal Golgari player), I'm going to go with that so hard.

Golgari is nice, got stuck on black red blue for a while myself.
  • Options
    Dreadnought first, and then Knight.
  • Options
    AzrayaAzraya Member
    If they put enough time and effort into the augments you can get from secondary classes then I bet everyone is gonna have alot of alts. There would be so many interesting class combos I would want to try.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    Possibly going to roll as a Highsword(Fighter/cleric) and pretend to be a Black Templar space marine who kills anyone who isnt human.

But also interested in Hunter(Fighter/Ranger), strider(Ranger/fighter), scout(Ranger/Rogue), and predator(Rogue/Ranger).
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    AzrayaAzraya Member
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Possibly going to roll as a Highsword(Fighter/cleric) and pretend to be a Black Templar space marine who kills anyone who isnt human.

But also interested in Hunter(Fighter/Ranger), strider(Ranger/fighter), scout(Ranger/Rogue), and predator(Rogue/Ranger).

I too am interested in Predator if turns out like I hope.
    How are you thinking predator might be in terms of its abilities/augments?
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    Azraya wrote: »

I am thinking it will augment rogue abilities with either range, mobility, or crowd control. I am thinking likely mobility and crowd control though so it doesnt feel too similar to scout.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    AzrayaAzraya Member

I am thinking it will augment rogue abilities with either range, mobility, or crowd control. I am thinking likely mobility and crowd control though so it doesnt feel too similar to scout.

Ah, I'm hoping augments go far beyond adding range, mobility and CC to abilities.
    I saw predator as more of a stealth oriented class. stalking a single target and ambushing for high burst damage.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited July 2022

Ah, I'm hoping augments go far beyond adding range, mobility and CC to abilities.
    I saw predator as more of a stealth oriented class. stalking a single target and ambushing for high burst damage.

I do wish that secondary classes make a much bigger impact on the class but from what I can tell they are simply augments to your primary class that slightly affect them based on your choice. But there is time for that to possibly be changed if intrepid sees it as fitting.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    AzrayaAzraya Member

I do wish that secondary classes make a much bigger impact on the class but from what I can tell they are simply augments to your primary class that slightly affect them based on your choice. But there is time for that to possibly be changed if intrepid sees it as fitting.

I hope they put a bit more time and effort into the augments to do more than just somewhat affect you. My hype for this game comes from all the different builds I want to try.
  • Options
    WesCnEWesCnE Member
    One thing that will be difficult for Intrepid is the importance of "every" class. Having played multiple MMOs over the years...1-3 classes dominate all others & the rest of the community starts petitioning & all sorts of negative feedback about a character they've put so much time into. Having 64 possible class combinations...the challenge for Intrepid is to make all 64 desirable & have at least 1 ability that they do better than the other 63.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    1. Bladedancer
    2. Shaman
    3. Scout
    4. Warlock

The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    1, Wizard
    2, Cleric
    3, Tank
    4, Bard
    5, Summoner
    6, Ranger
    7, Fighter
    8, Rogue
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Enchanter
    2. Oracle
    3. Arch Mage
    4. Hawkeye
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    1. Tank+Tank
    2. Tank+Fighter
    3. Tank+Rogue
    4. Tank+Mage
    5. Tank+Cleric
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Kaelang wrote: »
    Initially it was the Bard, however I'm unsure about it's viability in a 3v3 setting if the staple will be Heal/DPS/DPS, so I think Cleric is going to be the safer option. So, goodbye to the singing Kaelang, and hello to the healing Kaelang.

Go bard/cleric for AoE HoT healing. I think that bards wont have many hard cast abilities, which would be amazing in 3v3.

Is there a confirmed arena?
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Is there a confirmed arena?
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Tulnar Beast master and doing animal husbandry to raise meat animals
  • Options
    Likely a Dunir Dwarf Templar. And a Vekk Orc Predator
  • Options
    Wanted to roll ranger+mage previously, but the mage showcase got me really interested in mages though ...

battlemage? a sword-swinging melee mage sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Tearl StoneheartTearl Stoneheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Kaelar Guardian
  • Options
    Vaelune - Tank or Fighter
    fyosrcgrbxmp.gif
  • Options
    ArundoArundo Member
    Going to go with Hawkeye as I mostly play hunters, rangers etc kind of classes in MMO's. A true bow and arrow kind of class like Hawkeye it is.