Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• Options
    Winnugami wrote: »
    That all said, I have had this image in my head of what a Keeper would be for so long that I will probably end up with that. I just foresee summoning massive walls or floating shields to defend myself and my allies.

I am going to with Keeper as my final answer for now.

I had imagined it as a class built around banner mechanics, but that may be the case!

Me, personally, would like a melee bard class. Or any bard that doesn't jump around playing an instrument, wich is pretty anticlimactic to me.
    So, probably tellsword or trickster, whatever has the coolest flavour.

• Options
    WinnugamiWinnugami Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sov54 wrote: »
    That all said, I have had this image in my head of what a Keeper would be for so long that I will probably end up with that. I just foresee summoning massive walls or floating shields to defend myself and my allies.

I had imagined it as a class built around banner mechanics, but that may be the case!

Me, personally, would like a melee bard class. Or any bard that doesn't jump around playing an instrument, wich is pretty anticlimactic to me.

Fighter Bard sounds like a Dervish. Maybe that?
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    Mage, like 5 of the versions of Mage. :)
    After a while I will add in a Rouge and a Summoner that will be more for performing specific tasks rather than most gameplay. I doubt that I will ever level more than that.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sov54 wrote: »

You could play any bard as a melee dps if you wanted to. Just put some talentpoints into weaponskills. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    ArchWizard ;)
  • Options
    Melee fighter with utility Fighter+Bard= Bladedancer or Tellsword
  • Options
    In previous mmorpgs I've personally always taken a liking to pet-based classes. In WoW it was a Hunter, Final Fantasy 11, it was a Beastaster, in Diablo 2 & 3 it was the Necromancer.

So in Ashes of Creation, it'll most likely be a Class based in the Summoner Archetype. (First picks would be Necromancer, followed by Beastmaster). <3

But......

There is also something strangely appealing to me... crawling out of the deep dark recesses of my mind that makes me curious about "CULTIST" (Rogue/Cleric). It just has this creepy-weird vibe to it. I like it..... >:)

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    Archmage or scion and watch people fight to their deaths (while wielding gears I've crafted) from afar. add in a few pewpews as needed.

Or weaponmaster / spellsword if the crafting system turns out to be so good that I can't resist wielding the swords I've crafted.
  • Options
    Archmage or scion and watch people fight to their deaths (while wielding gears I've crafted) from afar. add in a few pewpews as needed.

Or weaponmaster / spellsword if the crafting system turns out to be so good that I can't resist wielding the swords I've crafted.

Go the one true way: melee archmage with mage augmented weaponskills! :D
    Craft special gear with perfect mage stats, like a two handed sword with high mentality for the added fire augmentation for example.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    KumaryKumary Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I might go Shaman (Cleric/Summoner) or Warlock (Cleric/Mage) ... Only time will tell :P
    5b72df90d96c187ed7e6c2f181b8322e.png
    Stormborn Discord: Join Here
    My AoC Referral: Click Here
  • Options
    Going for mage in AOC this time, most probably warlock or sorcerer. Sick of Tank and Healer ( which is my main and second character in MMORPG I currently playing)
    Raidri wrote: »
    Orc summoner! The two summoner classes that interest me the most are the Wild Blade and the Spellmancer.

My concept around the Wild Blade would be a Ren'Kai weaponsmith that summons blades.

My concept around the Spellmancer would be a Vek scholar that summons elementals. If I could, I would change the name of this class from Spellmancer, which is a name I really dislike (come on, it should be a greek prefix, same goes for Shadowmancer) to maybe Elementalist, which I think would be more representative of what the class will be like.

I am also curious about the Shadowmancer. I would assume that one of the Rogue augment school is poisons/toxins, so a poison-based pet is something I'd like to see.
    Your idea with the orc sounds cool. But actually we don't know how much the secondary class change something.

Interesting idea on the poisonous pet , it would be great if the rogue second archetype could augment the pets to switch position with shadowmancer.

Yet, I don't think Dev will allow second archetype to augment the main archetype too far off from original skill effect . What i speculated will be change in damage type (physical, holy, fire etc.), Delay or instant, Single Targeting or AoE, range of attack, single strike or multiple, blockable or critical hit and etc minor tweaks in the main achetype skills tree.
  • Options
    GrentonGrenton Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd be lying if I said Necromancer isnt SUPER interesting to me. That and Cultist seem rather cool!
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    Brood Warden or Necromancer
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    Necesito un druida.
  • Options
    Human Paladin all day baby
  • Options
    I will be starting Rouge first, but the plan is All. And since most gear is tradable, I see gearing as a non issue. Hand me down leveling gear is prime.
  • Options
    RoarriorRoarrior Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ren'kai Bladecaller is speaking to me. Although in my mind Bladecaller is probably much different then it will be in game lolol.
  • Options
    FanatiqueFanatique Member
    edited November 2020
    I'd very much like a Duelist, Dreadnought, Shadowblade, or Predator. It all comes down to which primary class I'll choose, still no idea about that. I guess Alpha Two and Betas will show me the way.
  • Options
    ill be doing a lot more research before i make a gameplay changing decision like that but likely battle mage
    854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I'm really leaning towards the Bladecaller (Fighter/Summoner). With the Bladecaller I'd like to imagine that it's similar to the Blade & Soul's Blade Master and their ability for "Flock of Blades". Perhaps it may just be a handful of blade summoned that swing around yourself for a bit. Or a heavy strike fighter ability follows through with 3 other spectral blade. The image for Bladecaller that comes to mind is League of Legend's Irelia with her close gap ability and the follow up strikes with multiple blades.

Dropping points into certain skills I could see being simply adding another blade/strike to an ability. 1 point = 1 spectral blade. From the example above being you use an fighter ability to swing down hard with your sword in main hand for 150% damage on strike, 3 points in that ability and that strike would be echoed with 3 spectral blade doing 50% or so of the original damage if they hit.
    E8OOol.gif
  • Options
    ThedeadnightThedeadnight Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    Summoner/summoner, summoning all the pets possible. I dont want to have to lift a finger of my own if I can help it, just buff them up and let them rampage
  • Options
    Orc Dreadnought is taking my fancy at the moment!
  • Options
    inusaainusaa Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Is there a crowd control class ?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    inusaa wrote: »

there are crowd control skills
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    inusaa wrote: »

giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MushinMushin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fighter as my main then tank and mage as alts, but who knows I'll be using alpha and beta to figure it out.
  • Options
    Fighter Archetype!

We don't have much info on the fighter yet... but if I were to theory craft on how some of these classes might go:
    1. Dreadnought - increased damage mitigation... matching good DPS with good survivability.
    2. Blade Dancer - Being a front line warrior who buffs those fighting around them?

Those are my top 2 that interest me the most. As for my weapon, I'm either going with a 2-hand sword or a halberd. Heavy armor - Kaelar.
  • Options
    NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Either summoner or ranger as the base. I like the idea that class, class pet's type, and husbandry pet's type, allows me to be my own personal holy trinity. Ideally a stacked party is a full crew with husbandry pets and possibly class pets from whatever secondary archetype combos give an extra ally.
  • Options
    Nightshield. My original classes were always rogues but I've since developed into someone who adores tanking. I would absolutely love to see how they combine a tank's mitigation with an assassin's rogue style to create unique skillsets either with evasion tank based things or battle active stealth providing a unique form of mitigation.
    Future mercenary guild owner in Ashes of Creation
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton
  • Options
    If the bard gameplay is somewhat close to EQ bard gameplay i will for sure go with Minstrel.

If not that then i will go for Predator.

I hope news on classes will be released soon :smile: