Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• Options
    KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    My current fantasy is a Dunir High Priest (Cleric/Cleric) with a crossbow for range and a war hammer for close quarters. Most likely looking at becoming a Master Weaponsmith to complete the dwarf fantasy.

Second fantasy would be a Empyrean Battle-Mage (Mage/Fighter) with a wand for range and a rapier and dirk for close quarters. This one would probably become a Shipwright to live that Swashbuckler fantasy.
  • Options
    Empyrean Necromancer (summoner/cleric) with either a bow, staff, or dual wielding maces
  • Options
    Assassins, if i could make 20 characters, i'd make 20 assassins.
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Kaelang wrote: »
    Initially it was the Bard, however I'm unsure about it's viability in a 3v3 setting if the staple will be Heal/DPS/DPS, so I think Cleric is going to be the safer option. So, goodbye to the singing Kaelang, and hello to the healing Kaelang.

Go bard/cleric for AoE HoT healing. I think that bards wont have many hard cast abilities, which would be amazing in 3v3.

Debatable - you need the burst healing in a 3v3 scenario, which is why my choice has moved from Bard to Cleric. Bard will probably be meta in the 8 man roaming comps / 8 man groups - but for the 3v3 stuff I think Cleric will be better. :)
  • Options
    Guardian or Assassin.
  • Options
    ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaelune Rogue, not sure on the secondary yet.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • Options
    Base Rogue with Ranger as secondary
    Predator I think it's the name
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Dunir High Priest

There may yet be a chance for A1 access... Keep your eyes peeled to the Store.
    phoenix.png
    Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
    Love a good story and lore.
    Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord
  • Options
    No idea yet! Will wait for more info on the classes once released. I guess my friends choices will matter so we could form efficient party together.
  • Options
    LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most likely a Tulnar / Py'rai Rogue/ Ranger combo for me, really depends on how elf like the Tulnar can look.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tank/All sub classes until I find what works best.
  • Options
    Probably empyrean archwizard for the rp elements plus glass cannon is always fun.
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Py'rai Shaman (Cleric/Summoner) is leading the pack currently.

Enchanter (Summoner/Bard) and Conjuror (Summoner^2), as well as Soul Weaver (Bard/Cleric) and Songcaller (Bard/Summoner), are hanging around on the list too.

signature.png
  • Options
    ZajaZaja Member
    Bard, fisher and chef :D
  • Options
    GruntagGruntag Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    fighter/mage, aka spellsword, or possibly a fighter/cleric, highsword :)
  • Options
    I’m not sure. Usually I roll a rogue and two flavors of healer, but since Ashes seems like it’ll be more of a one-toon kinda game, I’ll probably go Cleric/Bard, then if I can devote more time to another character, Rogue/Bard (half for the name: Charlatan) or Rogue/Tank. Some kind of dps/utility jack of all trades that’d solo alright. Ranger/Tank and Summoner/Summoner sound alright too, maybe even a Rogue/Rogue just to throw all the edgy cosmetics on it.

But yeah, a Cleric/Bard and then who knows
  • Options
    After looking everything through again to make sure things have not been completely changed. I am going to definitely enjoy Enchanter or a summoner/bard mix. I am not quite sure how bard will pan out but I am interested in the whole music and group support role to a degree. However summoners have always been my go to classes if they are available and I am truly looking forward to seeing how Ashes brings summoners to life in such a way where perhaps we can have illusions as pets like the concept of Personae in EQ2. However there is always the aspect of the Lore behind summoners and their pets and creates a mysterious feel especially when you take race into account.
  • Options
    For now I am leaning towards some form of summoner. However as more info comes out about the classes I might completely change my mind.
  • Options
    I tend to lean to the least played classes/unpopular ones. Makes it that more interesting when I figure them out and show others their viability
  • Options
    Dunir High Priest

There may yet be a chance for A1 access... Keep your eyes peeled to the Store.

I would be so happy if I got to play A1! I'll def be keeping my eyes peeled for it :o
    ExcitableSaltyDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    I'm torn, the single class combination I'm probably most drawn to is Enchanter, but as an archetype I'm likely gravitating towards Mage the most. If I go mage I will probably be Warlock or Sorcerer depending on what synergizes better, although I'm mixed on the 'dark magic' aesthetic, which a lot of mage combos seem to imply... I have plenty of time to figure it out I guess
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Falconer, I think.

I want to go ranger for the tracking to aid animal husbandry.

Summoner because I like pet classes, and before I heard about animal husbandry I was going to go summoner/summoner
  • Options
    RoblightRoblight Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Shadowblade (Fighter/Rogue), I want to be able to dps somebodies face off, stand my ground but also have some mobility/stealth options that a rogue has.
  • Options
    NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Race I'm already leaning for is Empryean

Class depends on which one supports Melee arcane warrior types the best

So

SpellSword or Battlemage depending on ability morphs and passives. As well as possible other augment trees that could potentially shape one or the other down the line
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited August 2020
    Song Caller, Soul Weaver, or Minstrel. Depends on what the class system ends up being in the end.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I am hoping to be a high end raid healer, so High Priest is most likely the only option. During testing I will take a look at testing my cleric with a summoner, bard, mage, and maybe a ranger to see what they can bring to the table. But in the end high end healers, most likely will need to stay pure Cleric/Cleric.
  • Options
    It is hard to pick RN, I want to play as half of the basic classes (fighter, cleric, bard, tank), but in this game it feels like it will be better to stick to one of them and be dedicated to one rather than spawning several alts. So the best thing, as was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, is to test the classes in alphas/betas.
  • Options
    KyizwaKyizwa Member
    edited August 2020
    I dont really know what to go with. I usually go for rogue but since i dont know how the final classes will be like i dont have an idea. I hope they make a preview for every class showing the final result when combined with the second one.
    How am i supposed to be able to choose from 64 classes without seeing anything?
  • Options
    Conjurer or Enchanter!
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    Likely Py'rai Bard x Summoner, Ranger or Mage.

Despite his woodland origins he'll have an obsession with the sea and will strive to become a shipwright