What class will YOU be picking?

PiratePirate Member
edited August 23 in General Discussion
Curious to know what everyone is going to choose! I can't wait to play Alpha-2! My only regret is not finding out about this game earlier to buy the dark allegiances cosmetics. :'(
pEV1XW0.jpg
ExcitableSaltyDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

Comments

• Orc Paladin
    😁
  • SholerSholer Member
    Necromancer
  • PiratePirate Member
    Sholer wrote: »
    Necromancer

That sounds tempting to me as well!!!
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited August 23
    Most likely a mage during Alpha. I'll probably spend at least a few hours playing every main class during the beta though. What I play at launch will depend on what class feels the best to me during the beta.
  • Empyrean elf paladin or highsword.
  • PiratePirate Member
    darthaden wrote: »
    Most likely a mage during Alpha. I'll probably spend at least a few hours playing every main class during the beta though. What I play at launch will depend on what class feels the best to me during the beta.
    That's actually a good way to go about it, I'm gonna do that as well!
  • Cleric, Ranger and Bard are the ones I will test. My normal class is ranger but the other two offer some ways to help the guild as a whole.
  • I'll be testing Bard and Cleric during Alpha to see which feels better, but the term "Oracle" is calling to me and my little roleplaying heart
  • All. The. Tanks. Really just interested to see how that role will play out in this.
  • I prefer the classes like strider (ranger/fighter) or assassin (rogue^2). Sometimes Battlemages or maybe even Scryer (Cleric/bard) every once in a blue moon.
    Hot dog hamburgers
  • I am an alt-o-holic, so problably most of them...
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 23
    Highsword, Spellsword, Weapon Master, Dreadnought, Shadowblade or Knight. Basically any class that has fighter in it. I haven't decided on one yet.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds
    Ren'Kai tank secondary healer thus a paladin.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • TreboTrebo Member
    At different stages in my life, big decisions kept me awake. But your question, my friend...
    I still have my daily stare down with the class combination table.
    The truth is undividable. Only the heads, it won´t fit in, can be split.
  • Offensive tanks and duelist/skirmishers.
    Here's a tip, and a spear behind it.
  • RedFloRedFlo Member
    Either Guardian or Argent. A Tank / Summoner Combo also sounds interesting, but probably going full Tank.
  • Bard. Heavy armor, helbard, and Rogue or Tank subclass.
    KkvMmA5.png
  • RaidriRaidri Member
    Maybe Mage/Cleric. But the classname sounds strange. Acolyte is a kind of beginner, laity or assisstant of a church.
    So maybe with the summoner I'm on the safe side.
  • Definitely primary Cleric. After that I don't really know but I am healer.
  • Orc summoner! The two summoner classes that interest me the most are the Wild Blade and the Spellmancer.

My concept around the Wild Blade would be a Ren'Kai weaponsmith that summons blades.

My concept around the Spellmancer would be a Vek scholar that summons elementals. If I could, I would change the name of this class from Spellmancer, which is a name I really dislike (come on, it should be a greek prefix, same goes for Shadowmancer) to maybe Elementalist, which I think would be more representative of what the class will be like.

I am also curious about the Shadowmancer. I would assume that one of the Rogue augment school is poisons/toxins, so a poison-based pet is something I'd like to see.
  • Initially it was the Bard, however I'm unsure about it's viability in a 3v3 setting if the staple will be Heal/DPS/DPS, so I think Cleric is going to be the safer option. So, goodbye to the singing Kaelang, and hello to the healing Kaelang.
  • FoogleFoogle Member
    I'm going to upgrade to get Alpha 2 access to test the classes and combinations while helping test the game :smile: and though knowing me I'll have a character for each base archetype I'm definitely leaning towards the summoner path and mostly towards necromancer :smile:
  • Kaelang wrote: »
    Initially it was the Bard, however I'm unsure about it's viability in a 3v3 setting if the staple will be Heal/DPS/DPS, so I think Cleric is going to be the safer option. So, goodbye to the singing Kaelang, and hello to the healing Kaelang.

Go bard/cleric for AoE HoT healing. I think that bards wont have many hard cast abilities, which would be amazing in 3v3.
    KkvMmA5.png
  • Meta fighter. Two swords. Heavy armor. Kaelar
  • Most likely a stealther of some sort if augmented full stealth is available. if not then a Dual wield Fighter.
  • RaidriRaidri Member
    Orc summoner! The two summoner classes that interest me the most are the Wild Blade and the Spellmancer.

My concept around the Wild Blade would be a Ren'Kai weaponsmith that summons blades.

My concept around the Spellmancer would be a Vek scholar that summons elementals. If I could, I would change the name of this class from Spellmancer, which is a name I really dislike (come on, it should be a greek prefix, same goes for Shadowmancer) to maybe Elementalist, which I think would be more representative of what the class will be like.

I am also curious about the Shadowmancer. I would assume that one of the Rogue augment school is poisons/toxins, so a poison-based pet is something I'd like to see.
    Your idea with the orc sounds cool. But actually we don't know how much the secondary class change something.
  • I'm super interested in giving Soulbow a shot as my main (pun fully intended and I am not sorry). I'll probably roll an Oracle as well, for RP purposes.
  • Raidri wrote: »
    Your idea with the orc sounds cool. But actually we don't know how much the secondary class change something.

Considering we know 3 of the four mage schools will be elemental-based, I think it's safe to assume the elements will play a big role. But you're right, we never know.
  • Sandman wrote: »
    Most likely a stealther of some sort if augmented full stealth is available. if not then a Dual wield Fighter.

Stealth will only be possible for main class rogues.
    KkvMmA5.png