Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    GarrenGarren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will you provide additional ways to separate player in-game currency other than the traditional character inventory or character bank. We understand character banks are node specific, but what about player made Money Bag items? I would love the option to separate money, (i.e. This is the money I made from my Wine business, this is the money I made from our dungeon run, etc.) in character inventory. Thank you and look forward to Alpha 2!
  • Options
    Will major sieges or castle fights always take place on the same day of the week and time or will there be some variance based on when the requirements of the siege are met. In another game if you wanted a battle you had to flip a port. The port battle then took place at a specific time period after the port was flipped. The port battles took place in time periods of higher play time so that no battles would happen in the middle of the night or early morning etc.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Any plans on changing that tank name ? lmao
  • Options
    Will time magic exist? i.e Stopping time within a certain radius.
  • Options
    Could third-party auction-houses hosted on the web be a problem and if so will you be able to solve it?
  • Options
    AeranduilAeranduil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Have any thoughts gone into providing Controller/Gamepad support to be tested during Alpha/Beta, or implemented after launch? (I was hopeful when seeing the Gamepad tab in the APOC interface).
  • Options
    GruntagGruntag Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regarding monster behavior (AI), will mobs adjust their tactics all over Verra, from the 'starter areas' to the higher end content? From what I have heard/read so far, we will see some adjustment to the players tactics and behavior by the Instanced and Open World Bosses, but will we see this among all mob groups?

• Options
    Will there be any benefit for choosing the same Primary and Secondary class. So will the Guardian overall class (Tank + Tank) be a more effective tank than the Knight overall class (Tank + Fighter)? Or will the Guardian have special abilities only a Tank + Tank can use providing a benefit for choosing the same primary and secondary?
  • Options
    SinjinSinjin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When will kickstarter backers who purchased the Braver of Worlds tier have access to the alpha?
  • Options
    If there's a scenario where somebody needs to change servers, what will that process look like?

For example, let's say that I've invested 1000 hours into my only character in the game. I have a strong connection to my character and my investment is reflected in my gear, wealth, and crafting expertise. Most of my friends have moved on from AoC to other games, but I have some new friends that play AoC on another server. Will I be able to bring my character, gear, wealth, expertise, furnishings, etc. with me to join them, or will I spend my next 1000 hours in-game catching up to my first character?
  • Options
    Are the 64 class names set in stone? Because it was previously said that there would be 4 different schools of augmentation and some of those names don't sound like they encompass the whole range of options that combination of archetypes would entail.
  • Options
    Have you read Rebirth of the Thief Who Roams the World?
  • Options
    Summer LegacySummer Legacy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Freeholds have rentable storage without giving perms just passive income?
  • Options
    Will Ashes include unique (developer created) cities that aren't "Nodes" or "player run" or will the 4 ruins of the races be the only areas of note before players start to populate the world?
  • Options
    Hi, I am a player from Taiwan , my question is : do you have the plan release this game in Asia and translate it into traditional chinese ?

Thanks for your time
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With the 80 to 20ish split on open world vs instanced content. What percentage of raid bosses will be instanced? Do you think you can have "WOW-Mythic or FFXIV-Savage difficulty raid bosses in the open world without them being prize piñatas for large groups to zerg?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Will there be more Companion Type Clases like the Summoner or only the Summoner? For example does the ranger have an Pet or only the Summoner sub Classes? There was an example in the Wiki for Summoned Weapons does this goes for the physical Arch/summoner sub classes or all?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Hey! Is there a possibility to pledge fealty or support for other guilds? Like you would have major pvp guild which offers protection to trading, crafting and gathering guilds.

Also is there possibility to make contracts between guilds for agreements and if it's not held x would happen?
  • Options
    Will guilds have a guild bank that will allow members to deposit items / resources / gold etc? (Separate from alliance) Obviously withdrawals controlled by GM / officers etc. I feel having separate banks will be a benefit.
  • Options
    Yo Jeff,

Are you thinking of any of the archetypes or even classes having a cavalier from pathfinder kinda feel? Having banners to buff teammates and even mounted combat?
  • Options
    digitalwinddigitalwind Member, Intrepid Pack
    Certain classes have clear advantages in leveling and questing speed.
    For example, effort to kill mobs is greatly different for a cleric vs a mage.
    Are there any plans balance exp gain by class?
  • Options
    BirdieBirdie Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey Intrepid friends!
    I was trying to find a way to prevent RMT but also keeping the game realistic.
    So I came up with this.
    Whenever someone trades gold with someone else, that gold will be taxed. The tax will depend on the node you're currently in. Gold will always be taxed even if the user trades an item for gold.
    That might prevent people from selling huge amounts of gold due to taxes.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    Someone in the community proposed a decent solution for the issue of people with cash shop cosmetics looking too visually stunning even in the low levels.

So my question is does intrepid consider making some cosmetics equipeable only in higher levels like level 20-30 so that there is a more apparant visual progression even for cash shop cosmetics?
    Thank you for your work :)
  • Options
    Considering the game is all about Risk vs Reward. What risk do Bounty hunters have when bounty hunting. It seems to me they could empty out their inventories and therefore have a chance at gaining high tier equipment for no risk. What are your plans to counter this?
  • Options
    As someone who has never been into a mmo game before, mostly due to getting into the game late and being left behind in terms of level and gear, how do you think Ashes of Creation will differ in this regard
  • Options
    Dante MachiavelliDante Machiavelli Member, Alpha One
    What kind of anti-cheat steps will you take or software will you implement?
    ooh ooh oowa oowa
    -tenor.gif
  • Options
    FizzwingleFizzwingle Member, Alpha One
    I believe that Intrepid can and will pull together the mechanical aspects of this game well.

What i am not so sure about at the moment is IF Intrepid has given Story and Lore adequate focus.

Story and Lore are the part of a game that turn an MMO into an MMORPG that has the potential to hold the attention of a community for long periods of time. Without revealing to us the lore, can you expand on the size of and priority given to the Lore and quest line team and how they plan on making a world that develops so organically with so many potential differences feel cohesive on every server?
  • Options
    Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited September 2020
    psym3x wrote: »
    Are the combat pets all DPS oriented or are there Tank, DPS, Healing and Support variants? Can I be a healer that has a combat pet that aids me in my healing or provides mana regen?

@psym3x The idea behind pets is that you sacrifice something so that they don't add anything extra to your power (so even if the combat pet somehow aids in your healing, you won't necessarily heal more but rather heal from 2 different sources - same logic applies to dps.

Kashews wrote: »
    While I'm sure technology has come a long way, and it wont be an issue, but I'd rather ask for a definite answer.
    Is the combat dependent on latency/ping or does it work on other factors?
    As an Australian who will be playing with Americans on the NA servers, how I enjoy the game and what classes/skills I chose, can be influenced by how I would perform in combat with a high latency/ping.

@Kashews Action combat is dependent on latency/ping to some extent as you need to be precise and reactive. If you go 75% tab, there shouldn't be an issue. Almost all online games are ping dependent sooo yeah.

Creo wrote: »
    Do freehold buildings keep their progression when you relocate after a successful seige or node atrophy?

In haiku form:

After freehold seige
    Will our buildings keep progress
    Question this I do

@Creo Well the layout is saved even if it gets destroyed. And, Your progression is tied to your character - not your properties. By progression if you mean moving from a small house to a mansion etc - you have to do those again.

Naylor wrote: »
    We have been given sneak peaks of a world but not what is in the pipeline and its priorities. Could you share some of the recent milestones that have been achieved and the biggest hurdles so far?

@Naylor They actually do this once a month in every livestream. An e-mail is also sent monthly to all registered intrepid account emails about what they've been working on etc. Sometimes new devs are introduced in livestreams as well. They talk about their work in detail including the challenges they've faced.

Damokles wrote: »
    Can we augment weaponskills, and if we can: can we augment them with main class augmentations?

@Damokles Possibly. We do know that weapon skills will 'synergize' with active ones - ''The more skill points that are allocated to the combat skill tree, the greater a player's weapon familiarity. This in turn unlocks various proc effects on weapon use that can offer synergy with other active skills. This synergy also applies to active skills from other characters.These procs may reduce or reset cooldowns on other skills on the player's hotbar. Using a skill/ability will in general reset the combo. The developers are considering specific abilities might be able to be used without resetting the combo system.''.

Banemorth wrote: »
    One of the things I loved about Eve Online was the depths of the political intrigue. Will Ashes encourage or discourage things like spies, moles, robberies, deception, etc. Where is the line between normal gameplay and griefing / abuse drawn in your mind?

@Banemorth Yes that is part of the sandbox environment the game will offer. Spies, moles and deception are a part of it. Robbery does not exist in player-player sense but there will be specific questlines of social organizations like the Thieves Guild that encourage sabotage, espionage, intrigue etc.

Eques3n wrote: »
    How big of a role does RNG play when it comes to obtaining Weapons, Armor, and Rare Items?

@Eques3n Small RNG in most of the game's features. The idea is that it isn't too much that your skill is ignored but also not too little that all skilled players can obtain everything.

Rayhoyep wrote: »
    Will gear/weapons be level locked?

@Rayhoyep Yes.

Dreoh wrote: »
    What are some examples of the action side of the current hybrid combat you have envisioned, mechanically and visually? Will bow users be able to fire their basic attack in any 3Dvector direction if they are in action camera? If so, what percentage of skills will be able to be cast this way?

@Dreoh Yes that is the plan. There will be 3D vector projectiles and hitscans etc - all were tested during Apocalypse. 75% of your skills on your hotbar can be either action or tab oriented. I'd suggest asking a specific question about the action combat if you are interested - but just 1 question as per the rules.

@
    How do you plan on balancing the Tab-targeting & Mouse-targeting system? It sounds to me like either mouse-targeting will be highly useless, as tab-targeting will just be much more reliable, or every single competitive player will be forced into using mouse-targeting to get more bang for their buck.

@Original Tuska To balance things, action abilities will deal more damage and all hard CCs will be action. Since they actually have to land their attacks (skillful gameplay), they are rewarded. Soft CCs will tab and it will deal less damage than action abilities as you are auto aimed to targets like missiles. All competitive players could be ''forced'' into using more action oriented skills tho they would have to actually land their attacks which requires mechanical skill. If they are able to...well I don't see anything wrong with that considering those with mostly tab targeted abilities just press a few buttons and the target takes damage : p

(I'm kinda tired so I'll pick random ones)

Can secondary archetypes perform their role function ? eg could a Dreadnought or Brood Warden tank at all for a group, even if only for easier content ?

*fingers crossed you're ready to share some design intent on this*

@theonegargoyle Secondary tank classes would be ''tanky'' but not as effective as an actual tank. Totally depends on your build tho - and the game has a lot of progression paths for it.

NazguL777 wrote: »
    At what point do you choose which node you belong to? How hard is it to migrate citizenship?

@NazguL777 It isn't too easy and there's a cooldown period of 2 weeks before you can change your citizenship.

Hi! Hopefully my question gets through this time

How realistic will the armor and weapon design be in terms of practicality?

IE: Will I be able to gear up in over the top thick giant glowing armor with shoulder pauldrons larger than my characters head? Or will it be more practical and propositional?

@HokageofToads They are going for realism so you won't see very large shoulder cauldrons etc. Steven is very serious about that.

Hakurai wrote: »
    How in depth will mount breeding be in Ashes of Creation? Aside from appearance, will mounts have any stats or skilled tied to them, and will there be any form of mounted combat such as charging enemy lines like that awesome scene in Return of the King? :D

Quite in depth and yes, they will have stats and skills tied to them. There will be mounted combat as well with some mounts having combat abilities tho players can't use their class abilities while mounted. Great Ashes content btw loved your YouTube channel <3

Hjerim wrote: »
    To our knowledge, Intrepid exceeded the estimated cost of production of $30 million a while ago. Steven himself have largely been funding this game up to this day. Is this a sustainable situation for Intrepid for possibly one or two years more development time - and now also with the added cost of self-publishing in EU?

@Hjerim its sustainability is dependent on the personal wealth of Steven which imo is better to be not discussed. Tho he did say, not too long ago that the cost will probably exceed 40m and he seemed to be fine with it soo. I wouldn't worry about if they will be fine financially.

Lyon wrote: »
    Will hotkeys be customizeable? Right now you for example loot and open doors and talk to npcs all with E hotkey. So will all these functions stay on one hotkey or will you be able to split them on multiple ones AND will you be able to do everything with mouse clicking too and turn off the option to do it with a hotkey?

And hi Toast

@Lyon ew clicking things with the mouse like in top down games..smh. xd anyway. Yes you will be able to change the E hotkey.

OkiFedora wrote: »
    I'm not a huge PVP fan, only because I'm not good at it. I'll participate in wars with others, if needed, but prefer to solo quest and level. Will there be enough content in AoC like questing, and building out a character for someone like me?

@OkiFedora oh yes..no doubt about that. The plan is ''to have more things than player has time for''. I would read the wiki about all the non PvP stuff Ashes offers - https://ashesofcreation.wiki

SHMIKE wrote: »
    PvP is the main drive for me in any mmo. Do you plan on having a competitive format for pvp as far as ranking and tournaments 2v2 3v3 5v5? ...Also will macros/add-ons be allowed?

@SHMIKE Yes and No. There will be 3v3, 5v5 and 8v8 tournaments but macros(/add-ons won't be allowed.

Will weapons be visible on the characters back/belt when out of combat?If so even smaller ones like orbs or spellbooks?What about jewelry?Wish you all the best.

@PhoenixProject Yes, they will be visible.

Sinjin wrote: »
    When will kickstarter backers who purchased the Braver of Worlds tier have access to the alpha?

@Sinjin By the end of this year is the plan.

Fizzwingle wrote: »
    I believe that Intrepid can and will pull together the mechanical aspects of this game well.

What i am not so sure about at the moment is IF Intrepid has given Story and Lore adequate focus.

Story and Lore are the part of a game that turn an MMO into an MMORPG that has the potential to hold the attention of a community for long periods of time. Without revealing to us the lore, can you expand on the size of and priority given to the Lore and quest line team and how they plan on making a world that develops so organically with so many potential differences feel cohesive on every server?

@Fizzwingle Story and lore are literally one of the main focuses of the game. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lore https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Story_arcs

''All of the events are based around storytelling. All of the the narrative quests are based around storytelling. All the organizational quests are based around storytelling. You know the game is built from a story basically, so we want to make sure that there's context and relevancy for all of the actions that you're doing in the game. – Jeffrey Bard

The overarching narrative is that players are the returning children of Verra. They will not be characterized individually as "saviors"

Even player driven mechanics will still have story components. There will be a reason why the player driven mechanic is available or required of the player; so you know every system that's created touches a story. – Steven Sharif''

The lore is also apparently yuge - enough to become a franchise on its own according to Steven.

signature.png
  • Options
    LazyHybridLazyHybrid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I was wondering if there will be any different server types just to get like-minded players to look at the same servers when signing up, I love to play PvP and PvE stuff but what often keeps me in a MMO is being able to find players with a interest for RP, For me it is what makes the world feel more alive.

TLDR: Will there be a small tag for example PvP/PvE/RP focused servers? I understand that the servers will have the same content available.
  • Options
    Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited September 2020
    LazyHybrid wrote: »
    I was wondering if there will be any different server types just to get like-minded players to look at the same servers when signing up, I love to play PvP and PvE stuff but what often keeps me in a MMO is being able to find players with a interest for RP, For me it is what makes the world feel more alive.

TLDR: Will there be a small tag for example PvP/PvE/RP focused servers? I understand that the servers will have the same content available.

@LazyHybrid Yes as Steven said some time ago, although all servers are the same (all PvX), some may be more PvE or PvP focused than the others + he definitely expects there to be RP focused servers
    signature.png