Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Hello there! I have a short question:

Are game design choices being compiled in an internal knowledge base (e.g. Confluence), or is it generally just in the heads of the team leads?
  • Athix wrote: »
    Hello there! I have a short question:

Are game design choices being compiled in an internal knowledge base (e.g. Confluence), or is it generally just in the heads of the team leads?

@Athix They are written on the GDD (Game Design Document) which is about 4k pages according to Steven. Team leads however often come up with new solutions to some existing problems. Brain storming is quite common.
    signature.png
  • VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since you plan on increasing the level cap with expansions, can you please go a little bit more into the details of how you plan on keeping previous content from becoming obsolete?

A big issue in many MMORPGs is that expansions effectively remove content by only making the most recent content additions be relevant.
  • Have you considered implementing a tradeable in-game monthly subscription token to decentivize gold farmers?
  • Requiem1Requiem1 Member
    edited September 2020
    What sort of participant rating tool will the Mayor have for sieges to help them pick the strongest players ( Level/Armor Rating/Achievements) to help them avoid picking a dozen 1 day old griefer alts?
  • Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When you die to an NPC does the loot you lose as part of the death penalty persist in the world for a short time as lootable so you can run back and pick it up from re spawning, as NPC's can not loot your corpse, or does it instantly disappear?

If a corrupted player can loot your corpse after they ganked you, then the loot would persist.

If loot persists for a short time. Can another player come upon the loot on the ground and pick it up before it despawns?

phoenix.png
    Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
    Love a good story and lore.
    Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord
  • Will tamers be able to bring their pets into battle?
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • How skill demanding crafting will be? Will the player be asked to perform some form of task to craft the item/get higher quality or will it the challenge be simply into procuring the materials?
  • HasorkoHasorko Member, Alpha One
    Some of the artworks for the cosmetics embrace a certain archetype such as the Sunscorch Raiment looks very much like Fire Mages/ Warlocks or similar. Now I was wondering if it was possible to apply this also to roles like the Guardian which should look very ... well tanky... Will their be different styles of the cosmetic for different armor types, can cosmetics only be applied to certain armor types or is it actually possible to be the tankiest thing in AoC while running around in comfy cloth robes? :P
  • Will it be possible for new characters to play with higher level players?
  • ThatFaithGuyThatFaithGuy Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm hoping you can elaborate a bit more on the 80/20 combat system and your vision for it. I know when you last mentioned it, there was lots of work to be done (your words!), but could you elaborate more on what you want it to look like by release? How will skills be balanced so that players who aren't using tab target can compete against tab targeters?
  • There was a dev discussion on scaling a while back. Has any decision been reached as far as scaling dungeouns, toons, zones, gea,r abilites and so on in game.
  • RagnarokkrRagnarokkr Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A couple people have asked, but I wanted to frame it slightly differently:

With just passing the first day of fall a couple days ago, is the alpha 1 still slated for this fall? If so, do we have a rough date estimate at least?

Thanks!
  • Will there be an in-game lore explanation for why mobs respawn, or will players be forced to accept that enemies will pop up out of nowhere "just because"?
  • ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Personal improvement in both your player ability and your character is a huge part of an MMORPG. What tools will you give players to improve their own ability? For example, training dummies.

Thanks for doing these livestreams! Hope you guys are all happy & healthy :)
  • With necromancy will you only be able to summon undeads or will you be able to reanimate dead? For me at least summoning undeads isnt really necromancy its just a different looking summon.
  • KatarsisKatarsis Member
    edited September 2020
    What about the transfer or merger of Mail Group and AoC accounts? :)

&&

I'm trying to get this question for the third time, but it doesn't get to you! I would like to know about the skins of munts from early access sets. They will be tied to one mount or can be worn on different mounts as the manual bestiary is updated?
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited September 2020
    Requiem1 wrote: »
    What sort of participant rating tool will the Mayor have for sieges to help them pick the strongest players ( Level/Armor Rating/Achievements) to help them avoid picking a dozen 1 day old griefer alts?

@Requiem1 Mayors don't choose who gets to participate in sieges soo..no tools xd

Seawee wrote: »
    How skill demanding crafting will be? Will the player be asked to perform some form of task to craft the item/get higher quality or will it the challenge be simply into procuring the materials?

@Seawee Crafting will be quite complex but rewarding at the same time. They take inspiration from Star Wars Galaxies for crafting

Invilicus wrote: »
    Will there be an in-game lore explanation for why mobs respawn, or will players be forced to accept that enemies will pop up out of nowhere "just because"?

@Invilicus There is a reason why players respawn in Ashes lore. I'm certain mobs will have one as well.

Katarsis wrote: »

&&

I'm trying to get this question for the third time, but it doesn't get to you! I would like to know about the skins of munts from early access sets. They will be tied to one mount or can be worn on different mounts as the manual bestiary is updated?

@Katarsis Dunno what ''mail group'' means. If you mean My.Games (previously called My.com), Intrepid has put an end to their deal with them. They will self publish in EU.

As for the second question - mounts will have tiers (1,2,3). Ground mounts being tier 1, gliding, jumping etc mounts being tier 2 and mounts with actual flight being tier 3. The skins you purchase will be applied to relevant tier of mounts tho some of the flying mount skins (e.g emberstorm dragon) can be applied to tier 2 gliding mounts as well. More information will be given about skin application in the future.
    signature.png
  • Katarsis wrote: »

&&

Внешний вид можно будет одевать на любое животное на вашем аккаунте - предварительного сняв со старого - как и внешний вид персонажа можно передавать на своём аккаунте как угодно.
  • oneuproadoneuproad Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    If you plan to have a guild with lower member cap size and let's say you hit this cap of 50 with people who are fit for the requirements. However, there are people you still want to have in your guild aka friends, family who don't meet the requirements for the guild(different mindset etc). Do you have any plans to allow these people to still join the guild?

Idea is, they can join but they cannot participate in strict guild related events such as node war, but at the end they can still play/chat together.

edited September 2020
    oneuproad wrote: »
    If you plan to have a guild with lower member cap size and let's say you hit this cap of 50 with people who are fit for the requirements. However, there are people you still want to have in your guild aka friends, family who don't meet the requirements for the guild(different mindset etc). Do you have any plans to allow these people to still join the guild?

Idea is, they can join but they cannot participate in strict guild related events such as node war, but at the end they can still play/chat together.

@oneuproad Guild maximum cap is 300 with minimum being 5. 301th person cannot join the guild no matter what. There's however a family system which has its own thing. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Families
    signature.png
  • Half Tilt GamerHalf Tilt Gamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When sieging a castle for the first time against NPCs, will clearing enemies and objectives grant a certain bonus towards claiming the castle beyond just killing the raid boss?

In its current form a second guild could come in behind the trailblazing guild, wipe them atthe boss and take the castle without having to kill anything else or complete any other objectives.
    Find me on Youtube and Twitch as Half Tilt Gamer!
  • Will there be NPC's and if there are will they be voice acted?
  • Will the game start with all regions' servers operational on day 1?
    edited September 2020
    Knightie wrote: »
    Will there be NPC's and if there are will they be voice acted?

Yes there will be NPCs..but no not voice acted. Tho they will make some sounds and for example say ''greetings'' etc
    Knightie wrote: »
    Will the game start with all regions' servers operational on day 1?

that is the plan

@Knightie
    signature.png
  • schlaghundschlaghund Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ( so that you don't butcher the name just use schlag ) [ as in the byproduct of cutting / wielding cast etc

question : for those of us that work way to much
    can we get email updates or rather more email updates
    not the subscribe type email crap , but for those of us
    that backed the project a bit more information

i unfortunately stopped watching streams a while back
    due to the fact that there was always the same questions
    answers over and over and over again with very little new
    information content. * first 20+ vids*

i just want a nice brief update weekly or biweekly on whats happening
    i don't care to search though forums, or watch a 1h video to find out about
    15 seconds of content or update when you get to it.

I know the team is working hard and updates are being made.
    i just want to cut out the fluff for the info. so is it possible to get a
    biweekly update without the subscription newsletter crap. or is it only in newsletter form?
  • LukianLukian Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    Could you tell us more about the sounds of Verra? Things like Music, Combat, Movement, Monster Sounds.
  • JesusHealYouJesusHealYou Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will you make equipment sets and make particles or special effect around the gear like aura or similar when set is complete etc etc.. like lets say u collect legendary set you get some special aura around your char etc etc you get the idea
  • Can wealthy players donate to a node's treasury, perhaps enabling a mayor to keep taxes low?
  • Does working at Intrepid imply limitations in context of playing Ashes of Creation as a regular player?