Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will Dwarf designs get beefier and wider?

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The difference between Gnomes and Dwarves can be mere semantics.
    Especially in a world with only Dwarves.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Who knew extra large midgets could be so complex...
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    If the ingame models were any similar to that of pathfinder then you wouldn't see such a difference between this art and the game models

vyacheslav-safronov-pathfinder-kingmaker-dwarf-female-archer.jpg?1537927024

511802cece3bc88c2f49dee825bdd90c.png

Enough proof that the current dwarves look terrible
  • Options
    That might be true if Steven was basing his game on Pathfinder Kingmaker - which he's not.
  • Options
    These goal posts are all over the place.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Conrad wrote: »
    If the ingame models were any similar to that of pathfinder then you wouldn't see such a difference between this art and the game models
    The in-game models for Pathfinder Dwarves look like the current in-game model for Dunir.
    Here's the base model for Dwarves in Pathfinder Kingmaker when you click on the portrait of the Female Dwarven Archer below.

H4i524a.jpg
    56G5R1v.jpg

And here are the base models for Gnomes in Pathfinder Kingmaker:
    BKukUBH.jpg
    XmlV65D.jpg
  • Options
    BiccusBiccus Member
    Well even in Pathfinder game there is more than body type 1. one's thicker, one's thinner. I have faith that the sliders will be able to get nearly everyone what they want.. Even if I do think that they should be slightly beefier as a base model.
  • Options
    Right.
    We can expect more than one body type for Dünir in Ashes since Steven says the final character creator will be as good or better than BDO. We can expect beefier and somewhat wider.
    It's just a matter of how much wider.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think a lot of the current problems people have can be fixed with good customization
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    The in-game models for Pathfinder Dwarves look like the current in-game model for Dunir.
    Here's the base model for Dwarves in Pathfinder Kingmaker when you click on the portrait of the Female Dwarven Archer below.

H4i524a.jpg
    56G5R1v.jpg

And here are the base models for Gnomes in Pathfinder Kingmaker:
    BKukUBH.jpg
    XmlV65D.jpg

Yeah. And they suck
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    But, Conrad says he wants the Ashes in-game Dwarf models to be similar to Pathfinder Kingmaker - and they currently are. They also don't look like Gnomes.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    But, Conrad says he wants the Ashes in-game Dwarf models to be similar to Pathfinder Kingmaker - and they currently are. They also don't look like Gnomes.

He wants them to look like the art shown. The in game models don't fit. Just like in Ashes.
    Don't be facetious Dygz, it's unbecoming of someone your age.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    I know what he wants. Just because you want something, doesn't mean you will get it.
  • Options
    ThexBlackxKnightThexBlackxKnight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    I know what he wants. Just because you want something, doesn't mean you will get it.

Steven said he is making this game as gift to the mmo players, he is not making the game just for himself , if enough players say they don't like the look of something he will change it.
  • Options
    Steven also said the game would launch before 2020.
    He also said Nodes 3.
    He also said they would no longer give dates until they were 100% sure they could meet the date.
    As I said... you can also believe the world is flat if you want to.
  • Options
    ThexBlackxKnightThexBlackxKnight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven also said the game would launch before 2020.
    He also said Nodes 3.
    He also said they would no longer give dates until they were 100% sure they could meet the date.
    As I said... you can also believe the world is flat if you want to.

A lot people didn't like the look of the a cosmetic skin they bought , Steven took the time out to change it to make it better. So yay he will make the changes players want.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    He will make some changes.
    If he tries to make all the changes players want, the game will be vaporware.
  • Options
    He he tries to make all the changes players want, the game will be vaporware.

Not true , games are made for players , it would be become vaperware if Steven was unwilling to change anything.
  • Options
    He he tries to make all the changes players want, the game will be vaporware.

Not true , games are made for players , it would be become vaperware if Steven was unwilling to change anything.
    LMFAO
  • Options
    latest?cb=20180927134334

And yet you said I want Kingmaker looking models. No I linked the art, which is far more accurate than what kingmaker models look like.

And considering we are still early alpha 1, it's more valid than not that we will get an update to dwarf models. Steven did not say they will not change any models so you saying it won't happen is false.

Not sure why you're so hellbent on arguing against any changes while you cant even prove they won't happen. If this is meant to be based on Pathfinder, they have to change the design, because so far they look far off
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I have never argued against "any changes".
    The current Dunir models are similar to the Dwarf in the Pathfinder race comparison chart and also look like the Dwarf models in the Pathfinder Kingmaker game you posted when you wrote:
    "If the ingame models were any similar to that of pathfinder then you wouldn't see such a difference between this art and the game models."
  • Options
    The current Dunir models are similar to the Dwarf in the Pathfinder race comparison chart and also look like the Dwarf models in the Pathfinder Kingmaker game you posted when you wrote:
    "If the ingame models were any similar to that of pathfinder then you wouldn't see such a difference between this art and the game models."

I linked the ART not the game models tho. The game models look awful compared to the art. Stop taking things out of context to argue against me
  • Options
    But, what you wrote is: "If the ingame models were any similar to that of pathfinder then you wouldn't see such a difference between this art and the game models."
    And then you complain that you don't like the in-game versions of the Pathfinder art you posted.
    Which proves your quote to be false.
  • Options
    But, what you wrote is: "If the ingame models were any similar to that of pathfinder then you wouldn't see such a difference between this art and the game models."
    And then you complain that you don't like the in-game versions of the Pathfinder art you posted.
    Which proves your quote to be false.

... you're literally bending what I said to counter argue what I'm saying. I linked the art, not the models. I don't give a shit what the ingame models in PFK look like. I was linking the art. Neither in PFK or in AoC, do the models look like the art, even though they should. Thin dwarves are fine as lowest slider option, but not to the extent of the body proportions we see in AoC rn
  • Options
    "

All you are doing is arguing in this thread about changes, telling people about Steven's vison.
    This quote is very false.
  • Options
    Nope. All I have said is expect drastic changes to cause significant delays in the schedule.
    There are some drastic changes that won't happen.
    It's Alpha. Changes will happen. Changes are planned. But, just because you want some drastic change to occur doesn't mean the devs will make that happen.
  • Options
    Nope. All I have said is expect drastic changes to cause significant delays in the schedule.
    It's Alpha. Changes will happen. Changes are planned. But, just because you want some drastic change to occur doesn't mean the devs will make that happen.

You seriously don't know how game development works. It's the drastic changes to game mechanics / story that cause delays, not character models. Those are visual. Please, don't comment about changes causing delays if you don't know how the process works. Visuals very rarely cause delays in the alpha stage of the game (rarely because few games focus on the visuals)
  • Options

Nope you have been arguing this whole time with anyone that has suggested a change in the Dwarf models. Telling people changes will cause delays is still a argument about changes .. logic fail on your part.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    ... you're literally bending what I said to counter argue what I'm saying. I linked the art, not the models. I don't give a shit what the ingame models in PFK look like. I was linking the art. Neither in PFK or in AoC, do the models look like the art, even though they should. Thin dwarves are fine as lowest slider option, but not to the extent of the body proportions we see in AoC rn
    I didn't bend anything. What you wrote is:
    Even the in-game models of the very game you are posting art from, Pathfinder Kingmaker, has in-game base models that look more similar to current Dunir model rather than the 2D art. So, your quote is false.
    And you just admitted that your quote is false by now stating that the PFK models are not similar to the PFK 2D art.
    PFK also has a beefier/wider version of the Dwarf models - which I am confident Ashes will achieve. It's not as beefy and wide as the PFK 2D art you posted.
    I'm also confident that if Ashes gets models that look like that 2D art, there will be significant delays in the schedule.