Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Female Expression In AoC

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2022
    Ffs.....
    Liniker wrote: »
    this thread is basically a bunch of grown-ass men with neckbeards crying about not being able to play with over-sexualized dolls in a video game.... :#

Actually it's filled with longhaird bearded guys (that you KNOW used to wear a metallica or iron maiden black shirt throughout highschool everyday, that now...) watch or make youtube videos, fact checking stuff like:
    1)Dual wield isnt realistic in medieval times
    2)What duels rly looked as opposed to movie scenes
    3)Weapon expert comments on Legolas
    4)Carrying swords on your back wouldnt work in combat
    4)Modern day blacksmiths rate viking axes

and other useless facts that nobody cares for since, you know, you dont need to carry a two handed sword when you go around town with your vehicle, nor do you need to know of you need a spear or a mace as a forklift driver, against a heavily armored knight that doesnt exist.
    So, since this isnt your youtube feed and since this will be an mmorpg and not some period survival game, beautiful designs matter more than realistic prude crap.

Nobody asked for bikini armors. Nobody asked for Tera, bdo, ff14 sex dolls. Stop using this failed counter argument as an excuse to legitimize your immersion concerns...
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    this thread is basically a bunch of grown-ass men with neckbeards crying about not being able to play with over-sexualized dolls in a video game.... :#

More like it's filled with grown ass women like myself wanting a character we enjoy the look of having grown ass men tell us why it's not "realistic".
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Yeah yeah, overly sexualised lady

7504772e3f80ffe5c4c277136c8bbce4.jpg
    bda426d1c53d9c911c54ef6bc3c2796f.jpg
    7b399bf688948bac4f67eac786fd5fcd.jpg
    de4b78cc0e270ed5d5a2ff291dcc0027.jpg

yes, really... totally overly sexualised...
    those are examples... Could try to find old screenshot of 2 of my characters in a NwN2 servers.
    I dislike skirt most of time even short, (and even if some ceremonial armors had them i know, again it is my taste) but those are just examples of sexy armor i found without really searching...

I admit myself to have problem with high heels for fighters. out of debate "people could like it", i am sure, most people who wants some armor like those would totally be ok to have them without heels.
    Heels would be even a problem : not exactly same model (due to how legs are with or without heels) so i think people would accept it but lot also expect to have no heels...

So don't come "how do you run with those high heels lol" ...
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I’m still trying to figure out why George doesn’t like my Metallica shirt.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »

Is your Metallica shirt realistic?
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Good. When you manage that simple task move on to the next, little by little you will start to understand how more than one sentence starts to form a paragraph. Who knows? One day maybe you will be able to communicate effectivelly without getting confused.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member

Damn right it is. It was forged by Vikings, and it’s effective on my back too.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options

Then it is approved by Caeryl and the rest of the Realism Syndicate to be allowed in game. Congratulations.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options

Then it is approved by Caeryl and the rest of the Realism Syndicate to be allowed in game. Congratulations.

Loved this. I dont know if it was intentional but it put the brakes on little crows missdirection.
    Back onto why crow and caeryl dont like the girls proposed "shirts", which is the issue.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Whew… I was nervous there for a bit.
    the Realism Syndicate

There’s a guild name now?

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Loved this. I dont know if it was intentional but it put the brakes on little crows missdirection.
    Back onto why crow and caeryl dont like the girls proposed "shirts", which is the issue.

Hm? I'm just playing around and crow3 is following along, i don't have a horse in this race even tho i'm more favorable of the side of artistic freedom(unless we are talking stuffertons here), also i didn't saw Crow3 freaking out about things like heels and calling people's tastes weird and desiring censorship of said tastes for the sake of realism in this thread like Caeryl.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    Whew… I was nervous there for a bit.
    the Realism Syndicate

There’s a guild name now?

Yes, you are only allowed in the guild if your character uses Realistic weapons, armors and mounts(No magic allowed).
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    Unintentional then
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Good. When you manage that simple task move on to the next, little by little you will start to understand how more than one sentence starts to form a paragraph. Who knows? One day maybe you will be able to communicate effectivelly without getting confused.

I think you meant "communicate effectively." Besides, I'd rather say a lot in a little, than - well - what you do. ;)

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022

I think you meant "communicate effectively." Besides, I'd rather say a lot in a little, than - well - what you do. ;)

You said nothing. And dont steal my line that I use against noanni
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited July 2022

As tempting as it is, I don't really follow you and Noaani, but I think it's sweet you have a line for him.

I already gave my 2 cents like 5 pages ago before the thread was necroed to complain about dwarves.

However, what could I possibly say that would be relevant in this thread? There are plenty of women on this forum that provided their opinions on the topic, and I value their perspective infinitely higher than my own when it comes to the spectrum of how they want to visually express themselves.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited July 2022
    Gah! double post - sorry.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022

As tempting as it is, I don't really follow you and Noaani, but I think it's sweet you have a line for him.

I already gave my 2 cents like 5 pages ago before the thread was necroed to complain about dwarves.

However, what could I possibly say that would be relevant in this thread? There are plenty of women on this forum that provided their opinions on the topic, and I value their perspective infinitely higher than my own when it comes to the spectrum of how they want to visually express themselves.

You dont have to say anything if you are not up to the task. As I said, you said nothing.
    You made 2 silly attempts to dismiss what I have said. Perhaps you are bored and want to fit in, even if you have nothing to add as you admitted.
    My position stands. People for hidden reasons are against girls wanting attractive designs. It is evident in the way that their "realism" arguments are full of holes in an mmorpg, or their pretentious blindness to the fact that the monthly npc designs are male copy paste.

You think that what I wrote is unecessary? When people still reuse their "realistic", "immersion", "stupid" high heels"?
    Take a jab at them, unless you felt attacked by me, in which case by all means keep quoting me, proving yourself false for saying that you say a lot by saying little, proving me right for telling you that you say nothing. Nothing of relevance.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Here it is again, condensed for you since I think that you cant read through more than 2 lines of fluff.

Why are you back to the topic if you gave your 2 cents on a necroed thread? Admittedly you got nothing relevant to say, as I told you.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited July 2022
    My position stands. People for hidden reasons are against girls wanting attractive designs. It is evident in the way that their "realism" arguments are full of holes in an mmorpg, or their pretentious blindness to the fact that the monthly npc designs are male copy paste.

You think that what I wrote is unecessary? When people still reuse their "realistic", "immersion", "stupid" high heels"?
    Take a jab at them, unless you felt attacked by me, in which case by all means keep quoting me, proving yourself false for saying that you say a lot by saying little, proving me right for telling you that you say nothing. Nothing of relevance.

Well, if it's helpful I've never perceived anything you've said in the last three years as an attack. Nothing here is a fight. I also literally said my opinion is irrelevant about what designs are attractive for female players - because I'm not a female player.

That said, I think Intrepid is going to create a broad range of looks where some are going to be unisex, some are going to be minimal, some are going to be revealing, and some are going to be form fitting, and totally unrealistic. It's going to be a smattering of compromise that will surely enrage a small percentage, make a small percentage really happy, and everyone else will find a few looks that appeal to them and be just fine.

It's going to be ok, @George_Black.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gah! double post - sorry.

*prepare the pyre
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    You dont have to be a girl to dismiss false calls for realism in favour of ugly designs and rebuff insults.
    What does that have to do with anything? There are girls on both sides.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited July 2022
    Aerlana wrote: »
    *prepare the pyre

Bwahahah! Just a disclaimer, dwarves take a LONG time to burn. So add some accelerants liberally.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    Here it is again, condensed for you since I think that you cant read through more than 2 lines of fluff.

Why are you back to the topic if you gave your 2 cents on a necroed thread? Admittedly you got nothing relevant to say, as I told you.
    abo6gf76xx18.gif
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
  • Options
    Elder wrote: »

abo6gf76xx18.gif

Memeing is embarrasimg. Please make some life adjustments.....
  • Options
    ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

abo6gf76xx18.gif

Stop being an angry baby. ;)
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
  • Options

abo6gf76xx18.gif

Stop being an angry baby. ;)

Leave me alone
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Otr wrote: »

Was my reason also "full of holes"?
    While I know that the game is a fantasy game, for me that is not an excuse to allow anything.
    My taste when it comes to fantasy worlds is influenced by the traditional European medieval atmosphere, where people believed in spells, witches, mages.
    And regarding "attractive", I definitely do not want influences from asian mmos, with anime looking characters or from any hollywood or most modern movies where actors have to look beautiful.

I also have nothing against running with heels in the forests if I can hide their cosmetics, like I hidden some animated signatures with add blocker on this forum. :tongue:

Nobody asked for asian influence or sexualized armor.
    There is a world of difference between sexualized (asian attractive) and attractive

That hollywood good looks comment was weird. Furthermore I am of the opposite opinion on beauty standards vs relatability. But that's off-topic.

Third, you wont be able to hide cosmetics. It would hurt the value of the product. Dont repeat yourself.

Yes, there are holes in your argument. There are badass, cool heavy armor designs. Completely non-practical and completely in the realm of fantasy.
    There are wooden armor looks. Set them on fire, cut them down.
    Why do people freak out about girl knights with exposed boobs? Ffs. Why is this the ONLY request that "doesnt" make sense.
    This is the 4rth time I mention all this.
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    girl knights with exposed boobs

Giggity

• Options
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    girl knights with exposed boobs

Giggity

Alright