Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Happy with Freeholds acquisition method.

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Ha! The chat was yelling at us to stop asking about Freehold stuff.
    We were like: "Uh... is that question too closely related to Freeholds? Which other questions can I ask?!?"

What did you want us to ask about Animal Husbandry?
    Just how we're supposed to do that in a node and how many people would be able to do that at the same time.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    NiKr wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Ha! The chat was yelling at us to stop asking about Freehold stuff.
    We were like: "Uh... is that question too closely related to Freeholds? Which other questions can I ask?!?"

What did you want us to ask about Animal Husbandry?
    Just how we're supposed to do that in a node and how many people would be able to do that at the same time.

IMO Intrepid should dedicate at least part of one of their livestreams to putting out fires they have started.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    IMO Intrepid should dedicate at least part of one of their livestreams to putting out fires they have started.

lol you and others started the fire, they clearly have stated everything will be tested, balanced, and if it doesn't work, will be changed
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »

lol you and others started the fire, they clearly have stated everything will be tested, balanced, and if it doesn't work, will be changed

Oh, I didn't know I was the one that changed what the community knew of Intrepids plans.

Here I was thinking that information came from Intrepid.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023

Oh, I didn't know I was the one that changed what the community knew of Intrepids plans.

?? do you understand what "subject to change is" ? is that a concept that your mind can process?

do you understand that the new information are presenting now, that replaced information we had before is Also subject to change and may change during development?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    edited July 2023

?? do you understand what "subject to change is" ? is that a concept that your mind can process?

do you understand that the new information are presenting now, that replaced information we had before is Also subject to change and may change during development?
    Yes.

Are you aware how futile it is trying to test systems that rely on social structures?

Additionally, changes to what is being tested will necessitate changes to what goes live.

Previously, we were going to be testing freeholds that were able to be acquired by players willing to put the work in. Now, we are looking to be testing something totally different.

Exactly how do you expect to test the auction system for freeholds? We can test that the system functions, but since guilds in alpha or beta have no real motivation to test how they would use that system, we can't actually test out how much of a hold on freehold ownership guilds will have - which is the main issue to most people.

I mean, if my guild were going to test at all (we are not), and if we were going to play the live game (we are mostly not), it would be in our best interest to make sure the auction system is very well tested for functionality, but not tested at all in terms of how it will be used. There is literally no way we would put the effort in to monopolizing freeholds while testing as we would put in while live.

So really, the "subject to testing" is actually, literally meaningless when it comes to anything to do with social structures. Such thigs quite literally can not and will not be tested.
  • Options

No, we have questions because we don't have all information. You can't say "will be tested", this ain't a religion, we need facts and numbers.
    We already know that metro will have low hundreds appartments. Again with the vague statements. Is that 100? 200? 300? 500? We keep getting this vague info, which raises more questions. Sometimes it's better to not have the info at all.

Like freeholds, Steven said in the Forge stream that he doesn't want the "pubic option", but he wants to be shared in social structures. Does that mean in family AND guilds? So if I belong to a guild and open a freehold to Guildies, anyone from my guild can use it?
  • Options
    BlackBrony wrote: »

No, we have questions because we don't have all information. You can't say "will be tested", this ain't a religion, we need facts and numbers.
    We already know that metro will have low hundreds appartments. Again with the vague statements. Is that 100? 200? 300? 500? We keep getting this vague info, which raises more questions. Sometimes it's better to not have the info at all.

Like freeholds, Steven said in the Forge stream that he doesn't want the "pubic option", but he wants to be shared in social structures. Does that mean in family AND guilds? So if I belong to a guild and open a freehold to Guildies, anyone from my guild can use it?

You are correct normal consumers can't handle open development lol. You would fall under that group saying its better to have no info.

Are you sure following development is for you, making that statement?
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

You are correct normal consumers can't handle open development lol. You would fall under that group saying its better to have no info.

The moment we make assumptions you cry "you don't have all info" because it goes against what you believe. That's the point. You have no arguments, so your argument is "you don't have all info". Might as well have no info if you're gonna keep using that argument
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

The moment we make assumptions you cry "you don't have all info" because it goes against what you believe. That's the point. You have no arguments, so your argument is "you don't have all info". Might as well have no info if you're gonna keep using that argument

Who is we, what group and people are you putting yourself beside. Different people have made different kinds of assumptions.

You literarily are saying its better to not be told anything my response is related to that.
    Sometimes it's better to not have the info at all.

Its about being understanding and open minded of development. Ie one of you saying you can't do animal husbandry and me saying they said you could do all up to t3. Yet you are assuming you can't do it even after being told other wise.

My response to the bidding is we don't know the whole picture so staying on one side without knowing how the system works or the plan is silly. Voice your concerns sure, but you can't say it as it is fact until you see and know how the system works.

You don't know how everything works is again a valid point, so it is something you need to keep in mind. If you think you don't need information and you can assume things which spreads misinformation, honestly you are just whining at that point for a reaction.

• Options
    We didn't start the fire
    It was always burning, since the world's been turning
    We didn't start the fire
    No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it

Anyway. About how animal husbandry could be handled in a node. You go to the public pen. Then you interact with the animal husbandry crafting station. A crafting window with what beasts you have in the enclosure opens up. If you want to interact directly with it you can make it spawn. You can put it back in "storage" or "export" it to .pdf its final form.

Not as elegant as if on a freehold, but serviceable.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Percimes wrote: »
    We didn't start the fire
    It was always burning, since the world's been turning
    We didn't start the fire
    No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it

Anyway. About how animal husbandry could be handled in a node. You go to the public pen. Then you interact with the animal husbandry crafting station. A crafting window with what beasts you have in the enclosure opens up. If you want to interact directly with it you can make it spawn. You can put it back in "storage" or "export" it to .pdf its final form.

Not as elegant as if on a freehold, but serviceable.

Maybe not an animal husbandry table but instead maybe an NPC. Ex farmer, vet, rancher, herder...
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    EndowedEndowed Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Each owner can invite up to 7 people and all the 8 family members will be able to get the highest tiers of processing so with 3000 freehold that's 24k endgame processors, 48% of the server

This is how small indy and casual players "get over".
    They team up with a few friends and lower the cost overall and lower the siege/risk dramatically.
  • Options
    Endowed wrote: »
    Each owner can invite up to 7 people and all the 8 family members will be able to get the highest tiers of processing so with 3000 freehold that's 24k endgame processors, 48% of the server

This is how small indy and casual players "get over".
    They team up with a few friends and lower the cost overall and lower the siege/risk dramatically.

It's not your freeholds, it's the guild's freehold, you don't get to decide who you invite to your family
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

It's not your freeholds, it's the guild's freehold, you don't get to decide who you invite to your family

Someone hurt you. It wasn't us. It will be ok.

Lets actually play the game for a few minutes before we make up our minds so staunchly.
  • Options
    When my own guild is actually trolling me -_-

55kwfy3epmxb.png

End derail
  • Options
    Abarat wrote: »

Someone hurt you. It wasn't us. It will be ok.

Lets actually play the game for a few minutes before we make up our minds so staunchly.

The guild bought it, not you. Thats the point