Could there be a server where you only have 1 character?

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    xmix wrote: »
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    You shot your shot, you got a response, it wasn't what you wanted, now evolve or die.

Ouch 😂 you made it sound brutal AND funny at the same time. 🤣

I personally would appreciate if one of the Developers answers me directly here in the Forum. I think i got once(?) a Reply from one of the Admins here ?

Personally i am more confused. " xmix's Concern " is that the Servers "might become broken" or so ??

How so ? How could Servers get in trouble by not being a 1-Character-only-type of Server ? 🤔

So the number of players is not increasing, but professions and castes are constantly increasing because of altos.

over time professions will have less value if everyone has a profession by alt character.

by placing alt characters in different cities and changing 1 character, you can travel about fast and take part in events that you wouldn't be able to get there.

you can make alt troll characters called Askallon and I could hunt your guild members and there are no consequences because there is only 1 alt character

You can register for events that you won't participate in afterwards and it doesn't matter because you're an alt character, so I don't care what your reputation

everyone will have a priest and a tank character and they don't look for people to go fight, they just change characters and there is already 1 priest in the team and you don't have to look for them or recruit the guild

I think these can worsen the quality of the server,

but these can also be just assumptions, it will not be possible to do any of them, only I see horrors

You're used to playing games like this.

I'm not saying Ashes won't turn out to be a game like this, but it's not a thing that automatically happens.

Maybe we get a little less socialization because instead of having to meet a whole new Rogue player, one of your guildmates has a strong enough Rogue Alt for whatever the goal is, but that's about it. Everything else is a design thing that Intrepid can and probably should fix even on a single-character server.

Are you used to a lot of games with time-wasting grind and a lot of rewards that are given to the player 'just for leveling up or showing up to things'?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• xmixxmix Member
    Azherae wrote: »
    You shot your shot, you got a response, it wasn't what you wanted, now evolve or die.

I personally would appreciate if one of the Developers answers me directly here in the Forum. I think i got once(?) a Reply from one of the Admins here ?

Personally i am more confused. " xmix's Concern " is that the Servers "might become broken" or so ??

How so ? How could Servers get in trouble by not being a 1-Character-only-type of Server ? 🤔

So the number of players is not increasing, but professions and castes are constantly increasing because of altos.

over time professions will have less value if everyone has a profession by alt character.

by placing alt characters in different cities and changing 1 character, you can travel about fast and take part in events that you wouldn't be able to get there.

you can make alt troll characters called Askallon and I could hunt your guild members and there are no consequences because there is only 1 alt character

You can register for events that you won't participate in afterwards and it doesn't matter because you're an alt character, so I don't care what your reputation

everyone will have a priest and a tank character and they don't look for people to go fight, they just change characters and there is already 1 priest in the team and you don't have to look for them or recruit the guild

but these can also be just assumptions, it will not be possible to do any of them, only I see horrors

I'm not saying Ashes won't turn out to be a game like this, but it's not a thing that automatically happens.

Maybe we get a little less socialization because instead of having to meet a whole new Rogue player, one of your guildmates has a strong enough Rogue Alt for whatever the goal is, but that's about it. Everything else is a design thing that Intrepid can and probably should fix even on a single-character server.

Are you used to a lot of games with time-wasting grind and a lot of rewards that are given to the player 'just for leveling up or showing up to things'?

These are long-term problems that I think we will experience after 6 months or 1 year.

2 people play the game for the same amount of time, but one invested his time in 1 character, the other leveled up 8 characters, both of them played 800-800 hours in the same amount of time. And they will have a character that uses the same profession as yours. And over time, there may be 10-50 other people who level more altos with the same profession as yours in 1 city.

You see no problem with that? If not, that's fine.

I just want to have the option to have such a server with 1 character on 1 server. This also has problematic sides. But I think less than with the alt server.

These are long-term problems that I think we will experience after 6 months or 1 year.

2 people play the game for the same amount of time, but one invested his time in 1 character, the other leveled up 8 characters, both of them played 800-800 hours in the same amount of time. And they will have a character that uses the same profession as yours. And over time, there may be 10-50 other people who level more altos with the same profession as yours in 1 city.

I just want to have the option to have such a server with 1 character on 1 server. This also has problematic sides. But I think less than with the alt server.

I've been playing that game type for over 10 years (two of them, technically).

I've also played other games that don't do it like that. The results are different.

So it's not that I don't see a problem with it, I'm trying to say that the problem doesn't automatically happen.

There are definitely many MMOs where 'just playing more' is enough to have this result. But it's not guaranteed, it's a design question.

• xmixxmix Member

I've been playing that game type for over 10 years (two of them, technically).

I've also played other games that don't do it like that. The results are different.

So it's not that I don't see a problem with it, I'm trying to say that the problem doesn't automatically happen.

There are definitely many MMOs where 'just playing more' is enough to have this result. But it's not guaranteed, it's a design question.

Anyway, I have these issues with them.

Maybe they have a solution for everything, but maybe they don't care.

And since they do not communicate with us on these topics.

It will be a slightly different mmo than the others, so it is not certain that everything will work as imagined.

want you to connect to 1 city and interact with the cities around it.

However, because of the alt characters, you can participate globally in the development of the life of many other cities.

There can be more content, but it can affect the quality and make the experience worse.

But this is also just a matter of perspective.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited February 21
    So you can only be the best in 1 profession per character.

Hmmm wasn't it ... ... ? ... ... 🤨 🤔

Dygz wrote: »
    A character may only ever be a Master in up to 3 professions and Grandmaster in up to 2 professions across all artisan branches.

A~HAH !!! I KNEW IT !!! (lol forgot the 100% Certainty of this)

Thanks, Dygz. 🫡
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • The day WoW let you make an alliance character and a horde character on the same server... the game was over. Because the entire series was based on the war between the 2 factions. This game... is about being someone in the world of Verra. The minute you're allowed to be 2 people in Verra, it ruins the appeal. On different servers, sure... but more than one character on one server is likely to kill the vibe of reliance on each other and making a name for yourself, be it good or bad.
    Krisco wrote: »
    The day WoW let you make an alliance character and a horde character on the same server... the game was over. Because the entire series was based on the war between the 2 factions. This game... is about being someone in the world of Verra. The minute you're allowed to be 2 people in Verra, it ruins the appeal. On different servers, sure... but more than one character on one server is likely to kill the vibe of reliance on each other and making a name for yourself, be it good or bad.

MMOs make many changes over their lifespans, almost all of which tend to be to increase their appeal to less invested audiences.

From my research, nearly no MMO that most people have heard of, starts off like this. Even early BDO was good. It's not the base principles that ruin it, it's the reason behind them.

If a game 'allows for more characters' at the start, it usually counters this by making individual actions very engaging, but not as tangibly rewarding, pushing players to enjoy the social aspects more. As players fall into their groups and new players appear, they may shift toward more tangible rewards for new players (new characters), and then, alts become more appealing too, to people who otherwise would not have alts.

So far, Ashes of Creation doesn't seem to plan to be that type of game. You need to put in the work, you don't get any 'bonuses' for 'just having the alt', not even bonuses to help you experience things more easily on that alt.

Some people have asked for this, but so far, we haven't seen any indications that we'll receive anything like it.

The thing we rely on each other for is results of investment of focus and time.

The limits on Artisanship Skill help for a different reason related to 'selfishness', but it shouldn't rock the foundation of the game world, or anything that drastic. Your perception isn't utterly invalid, it's just taking the concept too far, imo.

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The day WoW let you make an alliance character and a horde character on the same server... the game was over.
    I hate to break this to you my dude, but WoW is still going.
  • DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Diamaht wrote: »
    Anyway, this is an almost 1 year old post. I only wrote 1 answer, it was thrown up again by others. The forum is there to draw attention to problems and we hope that they will deal with it.and their official position is that there will be no differences between the servers.but I think the alt characters will slowly destroy the base of the game.
    it will impair trade and communication between characters.let's say we take team consisting of 6 people.each has 3-5 alt characters.the number of major professions is 20 or less.number of major castes 8.so this team covers the whole game they can be completely independent.they don't trade and do everything for themselves and will go everywhere in teams, 3 teams in 3 cities and that's 6 people
    you can hold back newcomers by making a lot of alts.and you don't take part in the end game for a long time because you want to have more characters and professions.
    Even a team of 6 players with 5 alts cannot progress a Node very far on their own.
    They cannot win a Siege. They will still need to rely on help from other players to manage Mayoral Caravans.
    They cannot win Castle Sieges on their own.
    Highly unlikely they will be able to manage Social Orgs and Religious Orgs on their own.
    They would still very probably want to have alliances with some Guilds.

Not everyone's goal is to reach the top or take part in the Castle sieges.many people like pve and trade.if 1 person will be able to handle 3-8 professions, it can take the time of the entire game.you don't have to go to pvp.and it's better to draw an extra alt character than to participate in pvp because in the long run the alt character is worth more to him.and these people will disappear for 5-12 months depending on how difficult the character and the development of the professions will be.the professions are important, but I wouldn't allow people to dive into it at such a level and because of this, the pvp content and everything else would be pushed into the background.it is possible to solve this within the game, but they don't communicate that much.there are times when I would regret spending it alt time. But then it wouldn't bother me that someone has more characters.

The time investment for what you are describing on the crafting level would be so enormous that very few people would or even could accomplish it. I tried this in FFXIV, Eve Online and in SWG (and even in EQ2 a bit) and the time investment long term is not realistic.

Very few people can hold up, and even the few that could didn't destroy the economy. And keep in mind, FFXIV, SWG and EQ2 all had (or currently have) far smaller servers and fewer market locations than Ashes is planning.

The closest example is Eve, and there, individuals are not the issue. Massive Corps with thousands of players are the ones who can actually influence and control markets.

I understand it's a concern for some, but in the last 20 years I've yet to see individuals with too many alts ruin economies.

there are 3 blacksmiths in the city whose main character is goldsmiths, they will make a living from this as this will be one of your main sources of income. They will open +6 sub-character blacksmiths for you. logic out the rest by what will happen to the market.it doesn't matter if 5 people or 15 people have the chance to collect.I think this could be a problem with the alt in the longer term, not after 1-2 months but within half a year.maybe the wood or metal you farm could be sold for 1 silver, but they won't even buy it for 10 bronze anymore.but it depends on the balance anyway.

Oh I understand what you are describing. I'm saying it doesn't play out that way in real life.

An over saturated market by one player drives prices down, which drives away competion. Which then raises prices which brings back competition.

The small profit margins make it barely worth the extraordinary effort in competitive times, followed by frustration in noncompetitive times when he starts getting undercut once again. That's just one example of the market correcting itself.

Your rationalizations don't factor in any human or market dynamics.

Also dividing the player base (especially in the early days of the game) or denying alts cause far more problems than they solve.

You're too optimistic, what can go wrong will go wrong, it's better to look at it that way, because that's how games work. If they come up with a balance in the beginning, the players will upset it anyway. Because of Altok, the number of professions will increase, but the number of players will remain the same.

I'm giving you specific examples from comparable games that are live right now as proof. WoW, GW2, and ESO are not comparable examples, their economies are nowhere near as complex. . If you want to fracture the player base and get rid of alts, you can add this to the pile of dead mmos.
  • xmixxmix Member
    Anyway, this is an almost 1 year old post. I only wrote 1 answer, it was thrown up again by others. The forum is there to draw attention to problems and we hope that they will deal with it.and their official position is that there will be no differences between the servers.but I think the alt characters will slowly destroy the base of the game.
    it will impair trade and communication between characters.let's say we take team consisting of 6 people.each has 3-5 alt characters.the number of major professions is 20 or less.number of major castes 8.so this team covers the whole game they can be completely independent.they don't trade and do everything for themselves and will go everywhere in teams, 3 teams in 3 cities and that's 6 people
    you can hold back newcomers by making a lot of alts.and you don't take part in the end game for a long time because you want to have more characters and professions.
    Even a team of 6 players with 5 alts cannot progress a Node very far on their own.
    They cannot win a Siege. They will still need to rely on help from other players to manage Mayoral Caravans.
    Highly unlikely they will be able to manage Social Orgs and Religious Orgs on their own.

Not everyone's goal is to reach the top or take part in the Castle sieges.many people like pve and trade.if 1 person will be able to handle 3-8 professions, it can take the time of the entire game.you don't have to go to pvp.and it's better to draw an extra alt character than to participate in pvp because in the long run the alt character is worth more to him.and these people will disappear for 5-12 months depending on how difficult the character and the development of the professions will be.the professions are important, but I wouldn't allow people to dive into it at such a level and because of this, the pvp content and everything else would be pushed into the background.it is possible to solve this within the game, but they don't communicate that much.there are times when I would regret spending it alt time. But then it wouldn't bother me that someone has more characters.

The time investment for what you are describing on the crafting level would be so enormous that very few people would or even could accomplish it. I tried this in FFXIV, Eve Online and in SWG (and even in EQ2 a bit) and the time investment long term is not realistic.

Very few people can hold up, and even the few that could didn't destroy the economy. And keep in mind, FFXIV, SWG and EQ2 all had (or currently have) far smaller servers and fewer market locations than Ashes is planning.

The closest example is Eve, and there, individuals are not the issue. Massive Corps with thousands of players are the ones who can actually influence and control markets.

I understand it's a concern for some, but in the last 20 years I've yet to see individuals with too many alts ruin economies.

there are 3 blacksmiths in the city whose main character is goldsmiths, they will make a living from this as this will be one of your main sources of income. They will open +6 sub-character blacksmiths for you. logic out the rest by what will happen to the market.it doesn't matter if 5 people or 15 people have the chance to collect.I think this could be a problem with the alt in the longer term, not after 1-2 months but within half a year.maybe the wood or metal you farm could be sold for 1 silver, but they won't even buy it for 10 bronze anymore.but it depends on the balance anyway.

Oh I understand what you are describing. I'm saying it doesn't play out that way in real life.

An over saturated market by one player drives prices down, which drives away competion. Which then raises prices which brings back competition.

The small profit margins make it barely worth the extraordinary effort in competitive times, followed by frustration in noncompetitive times when he starts getting undercut once again. That's just one example of the market correcting itself.

Also dividing the player base (especially in the early days of the game) or denying alts cause far more problems than they solve.

You're too optimistic, what can go wrong will go wrong, it's better to look at it that way, because that's how games work. If they come up with a balance in the beginning, the players will upset it anyway. Because of Altok, the number of professions will increase, but the number of players will remain the same.

I'm giving you specific examples from comparable games that are live right now as proof. WoW, GW2, and ESO are not comparable examples, their economies are nowhere near as complex. . If you want to fracture the player base and get rid of alts, you can add this to the pile of dead mmos.

Just because the economy of the game will be more complex. That's why the alts will have a worse effect.

I don't think it would cause such a level of breakage on the server.

if the developer doesn't do it, someone else will do it. The bigger fracture.

example vanilla wow or what.

I've never WOWed, I don't get it.

• xmixxmix Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    The day WoW let you make an alliance character and a horde character on the same server... the game was over.

I think he wanted to imply that wow made decisions that caused many people to leave.

I saw how it shows the structure of the servers. One nation is 100% and 95%, the other side is 0-5%.

Just because the economy of the game will be more complex. That's why the alts will have a worse effect.

The economy being more complex, requiring larger amounts of inputs is the reason that economy's like Eve are not dominated by individuals.

Here is another piece of evidence for you. Name a group centered mmo that denied alts and prospered. OSRS is the only thing even close, and that's a single player game at it's core. People, over time, want options and variety or they eventually leave to find it elsewhere.

These hard core ideals kill multiplayer games. Every single time. Develop one video game, and fix the problems that arise or try to account for them while designing and testing. Don't section off the player base, especially at the start. Especially don't do it to accommodate ideas that always fail.
  • xmixxmix Member

The economy being more complex, requiring larger amounts of inputs is the reason that economy's like Eve are not dominated by individuals.

Here is another piece of evidence for you. Name a group centered mmo that denied alts and prospered. OSRS is the only thing even close, and that's a single player game at it's core. People, over time, want options and variety or they eventually leave to find it elsewhere.

These hard core ideals kill multiplayer games. Every single time. Develop one video game, and fix the problems that arise or try to account for them while designing and testing. Don't section off the player base, especially at the start. Especially don't do it to accommodate ideas that always fail.

So you're saying the game will be boring and we're going alt-s so we don't get bored. And get more experience by owning more castes and learning more professions.

If it is mongyák, it will take 600-1000 hours to develop 1 character max lvl and 1 profession.

then most of my problems disappeared.

but if it is 100-200 hour then I have problems.

So you're saying the game will be boring and we're going alt-s so we don't get bored. And get more experience by owning more castes and learning more professions.

If it is mongyák, it will take 600-1000 hours to develop 1 character max lvl and 1 profession.

then most of my problems disappeared.

but if it is 100-200 hour then I have problems.

Good, then you don't have problems.

Leveling character to max level is probably 250+ hours.

I've never even seen a game where max Crafting level didn't take much longer than max character level.

You have to work for nearly everything.

1000+ hours would not surprise me.

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 21
    The day WoW let you make an alliance character and a horde character on the same server... the game was over. Because the entire series was based on the war between the 2 factions. This game... is about being someone in the world of Verra. The minute you're allowed to be 2 people in Verra, it ruins the appeal. On different servers, sure... but more than one character on one server is likely to kill the vibe of reliance on each other and making a name for yourself, be it good or bad.
    Good thing WoW finally got rid of the race war restriction.

Also a good thing that Ashes does not have Factions.

RPGs are about the player characters; not about the gamer.
    You also have to ask: How many different server types are we asking them to make?

The one character only idea, will not be the only one. I'm willing to bet the population of PvE Only fans and RP Only fans, are both far larger than No Alt fans, so you'll see those servers also, and likely before yours. Based on demand, your server type won't get top billing, it may not even get second or third billing.

It further divides the play base with every new type. It also compounds the development process (I would imagine), because every time they try to make changes, they have to account for all the different server types with varying play styles.
  • xmixxmix Member
    You also have to ask: How many different server types are we asking them to make?

The one character only idea, will not be the only one. I'm willing to bet the population of PvE Only fans and RP Only fans, are both far larger than No Alt fans, so you'll see those servers also, and likely before yours. Based on demand, your server type won't get top billing, it may not even get second or third billing.

It further divides the play base with every new type. It also compounds the development process (I would imagine), because every time they try to make changes, they have to account for all the different server types with varying play styles.

It must be complicated, you need 1 more skillful programmer. You have to rent 1 server.

It is up to them to ensure a regulated environment and to operate them.

Or leave it to the fans. And broken servers.

Can you name an MMO that doesn't have a broken server? Which is still somewhat popular. New world may not exist .
    edited February 22

It must be complicated, you need 1 more skillful programmer. You have to rent 1 server.

The reason Steven doesnt want any alternate ruleset servers is because that forces them to take those rulesets in to account with any potential future changes to the game.

Perhaps in the future they may want to split each grandmaster profession off in to three branches, with a character only able to pick one. If all servers allow players to have alts, this is an easy thing to work out the impact of. If one server has no alts, the impact on that server also needs to be considered - and in this specific case that impact would prevent the change being made.

Whether YOU like it or not, this is what Steven has said.
  • WarRathWarRath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No
    REASON ! - Steve confirmed in one stream last year that you will be able to share loot between characters within the same server. I know this becasue I asked the question.
    REASON 2 - With 64 possible classes and God know how many crafting professions having multiple characters makes sense for those who want to dedicate the time to play like that.

You seem to want hardcore PvP but on your own terms.
    ivpyvbbwcuwd.png
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter

If I could get a meaningful answer to these from someone who is actually a developer or admin, then it could be closed.

The admin responded 1 time, I was not satisfied with his answer.

The hubris and entitlement this answer reeks of is what is wrong with modern gaming. That you feel you are entitled to even a single response from a developer, much less the one you already received from a community manager employed by the company, shows that you are that special type that won't be satisfied with the answers they have already given multiple times over development, that are reflected in easy to find sections of the wiki, and will not be changed because "I think they should do this....." You shot your shot, you got a response, it wasn't what you wanted, now evolve or die.

This is a game that has accepted croud funding. A topic gets enough traction on the forums. IS would be wise to adress it. Because of that, you can't get upset someone is trying to do just that on a forum. That's not being entitled, that's using the very forum IS team has asked for.
  • xmixxmix Member
    Server I play on (broken server).

Starting 2-24-2024, players are NOT allowed to switch character or log in a different account to spy, and / or snipe players on the opposite faction.
    - Any player caught doing this will be punished with character ban:
    * 1st offense : 1 day Character ban
    * 2nd offense: 1 week Character ban
    * 3rd offense: Permanent Character Ban

but here 2 factions are fighting each other.

I have no problem with spying in AOC. But if you are a spy, take on a great character with all its advantages and benefits.

Alt ok to be sent to spy with 0 responsibility.

Metropolis belongs to your guild and you are besieging it with alts, of course you cannot be up with both of your characters at the same time. Free victory.

• Noaani wrote: »

But only so well because Ashes is not out yet. 😁 . 😈

Wait when Ashes of Creation comes out and maybe takes One Million or Two Million Players from WoW. Oh, delicious, delicious Lizzard-Tears. I hope i will live to see it happen. 😁👍

I am well aware -> no other MMO Game can ever truly be a "WoW-Killer". There are to many People drained of Sanity, Joy and Reason who refuse to let their eternal Dealer go and not get one Shot after Shot after Shot ... ...

... ... of their Addiction. ;)

But the true Problem is the lack of good Opponents and Competition. We need more good MMO's. ;) And Ashes will be apparently just that. A good MMO.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer

But only so well because Ashes is not out yet. 😁 . 😈

Wait when Ashes of Creation comes out and maybe takes One Million or Two Million Players from WoW. Oh, delicious, delicious Lizzard-Tears. I hope i will live to see it happen. 😁👍

I am well aware -> no other MMO Game can ever truly be a "WoW-Killer". There are to many People drained of Sanity, Joy and Reason who refuse to let their eternal Dealer go and not get one Shot after Shot after Shot ... ...

... ... of their Addiction. ;)

But the true Problem is the lack of good Opponents and Competition. We need more good MMO's. ;) And Ashes will be apparently just that. A good MMO.

I'm not convinced WoW and Ashes serve the same audience. There is some crossover for sure but the fundamental gameplay loop is totally different.

IMO Eve Online should be worried about Ashes. WoW should be terrified of Riots MMO
  • Diamaht wrote: »
    I'm not convinced WoW and Ashes serve the same audience.

I am well aware You're most likely right. Also, admitting here that i would "love" to just see Ashes take a LOT of Players away from WoW and then see the WoW-Developers get all pissy and whiny about it. 😁 . 😈

Lastly, i love a more or less "balanced" Market. If no single MMO is overall far more popular than all the Others, than this is a good thing.

All the absolutely ruthless, shameless, "soul-less" and outright GREEDY Decisions of Activision Lizzard in the last handful of Years and more are a Proof that no single MMO should have a kinda Monopoly in how many People like and play it.

It just lets the Owners devolve into shameless Bas ... ... ... t ... ... ... "greedy People" - and then they turn the MMO into a SHOP-Cashcow with cheap and painful Plotlines that put the glorious Past to shame. ;)

While i am very convinved Ashes ' WILL ' be a very good MMO when it gets released,
    i am aware the Market is oversaturated with Players who got mentally impaired by WoW, partially have "STOCKHOLME SYNDROME" because of that Game,

and are addicted to soul-less Content with Dropchances so low, it's even lower than Bobby Kotick's Respect for Women. (lol)

I personally want to get away from WoW. I want to get away from that Game which i loved so much in the Past : but i see only other MMO's left and right who are more or less everything i do not want. ^.^;"

Ashes ... ... ... Verra ... ... ... IS - what i want. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    But only so well because Ashes is not out yet.
    I mean, this is as untrue a prediction/statement as I have ever seen.

If anything, I can see Ashes release causing a slight temporary increase in WoW subscribers three months later.

To be clear, slight temporary increase.
  • xmixxmix Member

The 2 games are different, WOW and Aoc.

WOW is a very PvP + story based game if the players play 1-2% pvp.

Aoc and for pvp events.

There are many reasons why many people do not leave wow.

Many people don't have time to learn 1 new mmo.

If your friends are there, you don't even leave the community.

Starting from 0 in MMO and leaving your 10 years of work there.

It's strange to me, but many people like WOW's graphics.

You put all the money in the world into WOW and then you can't leave that much money there anymore.

First good MMO, you have a hard time letting go of that feeling.

A lot of people are there because of the story.

But what's happening lately is that many people are going back to classik servers. WOW also released its own. Many people play on broken servers as well.

• xmixxmix Member

But only so well because Ashes is not out yet.
    I mean, this is as untrue a prediction/statement as I have ever seen.

If anything, I can see Ashes release causing a slight temporary increase in WoW subscribers three months later.

To be clear, slight temporary increase.

What a surprising turn of events to change the foundations as well.

So it won't be that whatever you do in the area, the area gets a part of it, but you have to do missions.

But if they put a multi-hour CD on it or a daily CD for the missions. In fact, the problem with the alts arises even more.

So it won't be that whatever you do in the area, the area gets a part of it, but you have to do missions.

But if they put a multi-hour CD on it or a daily CD for the missions. In fact, the problem with the alts arises even more.

You don't have to do missions, it can be 'whatever you do in the area'.

There's no 'cooldown' in that sense.

Again, you just haven't played a game like this (that is understandable, they're rare, and not what most people want from an MMO).

You shouldn't make assumptions about things like this. Ask someone who actually knows at least a similar game, when you don't know how or why Intrepid plans to do something.

I'm assuming that this is actually your feedback on Commissions, but even if it wasn't, this answer is still correct enough.

• xmixxmix Member

You don't have to do missions, it can be 'whatever you do in the area'.

There's no 'cooldown' in that sense.

Again, you just haven't played a game like this (that is understandable, they're rare, and not what most people want from an MMO).

You shouldn't make assumptions about things like this. Ask someone who actually knows at least a similar game, when you don't know how or why Intrepid plans to do something.

I'm assuming that this is actually your feedback on Commissions, but even if it wasn't, this answer is still correct enough.

It was just announced in the monthly stream

New World was such a mission system.

If the wording were more precise, we wouldn't get involved and we wouldn't have to think in assumptions.
  • VargosVargos Member
    edited March 5
    This is 1 request and 1 question. The majority likes that several characters can be used on 1 server, I don't want this to change on every server, just make 1-2 exceptions if there is a need for it.if you can have more than one character on 1 server, my personal problems with it: time-consuming, pvp with your non-main character with minimal negative impact,event with multiple characters,it does not look for a missing main character, but instead switches to it,more characters you can learn more professions, this also reduces the interaction with the others Clearing dungeons multiple times,your alt character is in a small guild, your character is big in a big guild. if you only have 1 character, the classes and the character itself are more important and pvp is less. thank you in advance for your feedback. (if something is weird, it's because I translated it with a translator, but I hope you can understand roughly what I'm writing)

To reduce the number of alts, simply allowing players the option to change their primary class could be effective. I see no downsides to this. It could be restricted so that changes can only be made in cities, but giving players the ability to switch their main class without losing progress could significantly improve player satisfaction. Additionally, it often happens that players abandon the game out of disappointment with their chosen class, as the prospect of leveling up from scratch is neither appealing nor feasible for many. This change could potentially retain players by offering them a way to explore different gameplay styles without the need to invest an excessive amount of time in new characters.