Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is ONE thing you dont want to see in Ashes?

Comments

• Options
    Vyraka wrote: »
    I have mixed emotions about micro transactions. On one hand, I like them - I like both functional MT items (adding bag space) as well as Pay to Look Pretty MT items. The truth is it's already a reality in the game before the game has launched. Micro transactions are here to stay.

What I don't like about MT is it being tradeable with other players because at that point it really does become pay to win. In BDO, you can buy a fancy outfit, sell it on the market for several million, and then go buy high quality gear. To me that is pay to win.

And like I said, I like being able to buy extra bag space, but I can even see that being pay to win too.

Totally agree. That's a red alert for MT operations. Just make it like FFXIV, untradeable cash shop items. If you want to give options then probably a gift option and that's about it. Getting stuff and selling ingame is plain horrible.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    Valento92 wrote: »
    I have mixed emotions about micro transactions. On one hand, I like them - I like both functional MT items (adding bag space) as well as Pay to Look Pretty MT items. The truth is it's already a reality in the game before the game has launched. Micro transactions are here to stay.

What I don't like about MT is it being tradeable with other players because at that point it really does become pay to win. In BDO, you can buy a fancy outfit, sell it on the market for several million, and then go buy high quality gear. To me that is pay to win.

And like I said, I like being able to buy extra bag space, but I can even see that being pay to win too.

Totally agree. That's a red alert for MT operations. Just make it like FFXIV, untradeable cash shop items. If you want to give options then probably a gift option and that's about it. Getting stuff and selling ingame is plain horrible.

The problem with gift options is that I have seen it turn into P2W too. In ESO, there is a market for Crowns - their MT currency - via gift options...Pay X amount of gold for a gift of crowns.
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • Options
    I dont want to see cheaters-> rmt. But they already got an eye on the game...
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Valento92 and @Vyraka I agree, limit the MT's and no tradable or gifted items from the cash shop 100%!
  • Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    I dont want to see a raid boss, instance boss or world boss just sitting there doing nothing. Have it pathing or doing something immersive.
    Nothing kills ot for me more than to get to the boss and it's just sitting there like a mannequin. I feel like I have to get my quarter out and put it in its slot to start the fun.

Also, it would be nice if they are hostile towards players. Sure it can be annoying having your caravan getting attacked by a big world boss but such situations are the stuff to create memories.
  • Options
    @Iversithy completely agree! Better hire you some help if a known world boss loves a certain type of good you are transporting! Love this idea!
  • Options
    Marcet wrote: »
    PvE being TOO EASY.

I want very difficult bosses and giant dungeons, epic adventures.
    +1 This.
    I read throu every post so far and quit a lot of people are asking for this.
    Most people are sick of carebear PvE.

53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    I don't want to see any this cancel culture, diversity propaganda or anything remotely political in the game. Keep it to gaming ONLY. I would quit so fast if they even try to push any this.

Amen!
  • Options
    @Exiled King amen to that!
  • Options
    Elitist jerks
  • Options
    I dont want to see a raid boss, instance boss or world boss just sitting there doing nothing. Have it pathing or doing something immersive.
    Nothing kills ot for me more than to get to the boss and it's just sitting there like a mannequin. I feel like I have to get my quarter out and put it in its slot to start the fun.

Yes! Two ideas that will make the world's environment feel more organic and dynamic rather than grindy and it'll also give players new incentives to move around the map more organically and work with/against each other on a basis temporary :

-This will make the world feel more alive and dynamic rather than grindy which is a must for a MMO that is based around player decisions - make the boss attack small nodes. This will not only make the players move around the world more organically but also make the world itself feel more alive. That way higher level players will have incentive to go there rather than to just keep grinding in the node they are currently grinding as part of a personal/guild goal to unlock some dungeon or get a drop etc.

-Make the boss want/need certain things that it can get from players/nodes. So if a node is really advanced on a certain religion and that boss really hates the religion - make it go after the node. If the node has a ton of X material and the boss wants it - make it raid the node and steal the material. This will give incentives for guilds that are normally enemies to work together on a temporary basis, other times it'll give guilds an incentive to work together with the boss to raid the node or to sabotage the defenses, or just use the boss's sudden appearance on the map as a distraction to more safely raid caravans of other guilds etc.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    JONTA wrote: »
    Not being able to see everything just because you arn't in a big guild,

This is a horrible idea. You want to experience everything in a group driven game but don't want to be part of a group? I think the issue may be that you have never been a part of a "good" large guild. Proper leadership is very hard to come by in mmorpgs and most people are greedy for virtual loot. Private message me if you want to hear about how I run things and you will be able to experience the entire game without worry.

@bigepeen Your name and your comment are pure gold together. I needed that today haha.

@Jamation I agree. Nodes should not be similar imo. I have a strong feeling that the world is being hand crafted for us based on the love they are showing the community so far.
  • Options
    I don't want to see mounts with special moves or attacks, like jumping higher than an average player or doing any damage. I feel like they can bypass possible puzzles or obstacles that would have otherwise needed to be solved by grounded players or players with normal mounts. If there is a puzzle that requires specific mounts I'd be okay with that, but I don't want to see mounts with abilities being able to bypass things that would be more difficult to a player without a mount.

I understand that flying mounts are going to be rare, so not everyone will have access to flight (good for traversal, which I'm okay with it affecting), but I don't want to see anyone abusing this. Like if I'm in a guild taking a dungeon and some people fly through the dungeon and kill the boss, ruining my chance to experience the boss.
  • Options
    I don't want to see any this cancel culture, diversity propaganda or anything remotely political in the game. Keep it to gaming ONLY. I would quit so fast if they even try to push any this.

Anyway racism is bad, sexism is bad. If these realities impact your enjoyment of a game, then the problem is you
  • Options
    uaouao Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    i dont want to see bright particle effects when using skills. especially not ones that look like a bunch of bright individual pixels floating around. so basically every skill fx shown so far :')
  • Options
    @KHRONUS it just kills it for me...especially when all the raid is right in front of the boss and it's still just sitting or standing there oblvious waiting for you to get all set up....its like let me know when you are ready...like I said let me go put the quarter in it to start the fun.

I liked that thing in Valakas ( L2 ) where you entered the crater to fight, and the respawn was random between 5 and 20 mins, so you had to be there, expecting the boss to come out any minute, it lead to some disgraceful afk incidents... hahaha
    FOeRqtf.jpg
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »

Anyway racism is bad, sexism is bad. If these realities impact your enjoyment of a game, then the problem is you

so you're one of them huh?... its common sence that racism and sexism is bad, but virtue signaling and shoving political agenda down the peoples throats is bad on whole new level...if you keep telling people that shitting on the street is bad, they will avoid you, hare you will try to distance from you, they know it and they dont need to hear it on every turn.
  • Options
    Mojottv wrote: »

so you're one of them huh?... its common sence that racism and sexism is bad, but virtue signaling and shoving political agenda down the peoples throats is bad on whole new level...if you keep telling people that shitting on the street is bad, they will avoid you, hare you will try to distance from you, they know it and they dont need to hear it on every turn.

You literally brought up the topic yourself and implied those common sense statements annoy you.

I have to question why you call it a political agenda to just have diverse NPCs or themes around combating in-game prejudices. It’s hardly political if it’s common sense. “The earth is spherical” isn’t political, neither is “Pollution hurts the environment”. Do these basic factual statements also annoy you the same way “racism is bad” does?
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Zairos wrote: »
    I would like to pick up anything and pluck anything out of the earth, obviously you cant pluck a giant tree but can we also cut them down any one, an entire interactive map. if i want to pick up a random rock and toss.

That would be really cool. But its incredibly difficult to implement that in game, that's why next to no game has this feature.

New World came pretty close to everything being a resource.

Yes they did. The world is just about the only thing that they got right.
  • Options
    1) I do not want intrepid to nerf content purely because a group complains about it being too difficult
    2) follow up on that I do not want to see just zerg based content or easy content, let's make MMO's difficult again (both open or instanced content)
    3) I do not want to see this game become another WoW plenty of MMO's do everything their ex-wow community asks ... every single one of those MMO's is pretty much dead now.
    4) I do not want to see loot boxes + they are banned in my country anyway :open_mouth: xD
    5) I do not want GM's or CM's to just be hands-off, would be fun to see them organize events in-game.
  • Options
    Parseable data to the clients - I believe they said no to this already, but just in case, I don't want it in the game.
  • Options

They're 'bad', sure, but they make for good story points. I enjoy conflict in games and stories, no matter how bad or disturbing they may be. For example, dropping something like the 'n-word' in-game is a bit extreme though and I suspect doing so would likely earn you some form of punishment. But other than that, mocking an Elf by calling him a 'dagger eared c***' shouldn't be taken seriously because it's within the game world.
  • Options
    Merek wrote: »

They're 'bad', sure, but they make for good story points. I enjoy conflict in games and stories, no matter how bad or disturbing they may be. For example, dropping something like the 'n-word' in-game is a bit extreme though and I suspect doing so would likely earn you some form of punishment. But other than that, mocking an Elf by calling him a 'dagger eared c***' shouldn't be taken seriously because it's within the game world.

Well yeah, I’m not saying conflict is bad at all, especially in a world like Verra where racial tensions will be, if not a primary factor, at least a notable factor in conflict.

It’s mostly that people can and do complain when such conflicts and NPC opinions are openly portrayed as idiotic. People complained about xenophobia being criticized, in the background mind you, in ESO.
  • Options

Did I ? I believe you attacked the guy who said he don't want to see any of this toxic SJW bullshit thats out in the world currently, in the game. He said, he just wants to Keep it to gaming ONLY, no propaganda, and i guess it triggered you, to respond with virtue signaling, and I started the topic?

Everyone has had enough with this bullshit, all the movies and games with this kind of propaganda bullshit fails quickly.
  • Options

Did I ? I believe you attacked the guy who said he don't want to see any of this toxic SJW bullshit thats out in the world currently, in the game. He said, he just wants to Keep it to gaming ONLY, no propaganda, and i guess it triggered you, to respond with virtue signaling, and I started the topic?

Everyone has had enough with this bullshit, all the movies and games with this kind of propaganda bullshit fails quickly.

I don’t know why you’re quoting yourself, showing off how you hear common sense statements and then get mad for some reason. What propaganda do you think is getting pushed in gaming exactly? I see a whole lot of people whining about “them evil SJWs” but I’ve yet to see anything that actually qualifies as a bible-like morality lesson or overt virtue signaling within a game.
  • Options
    QuintusQuintus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As much as I am averse to the sight of out-of-control cosmetics, I understand that they are a large part of what funds the game. My hope is that they at least will never morph the player character into a totally new form.
  • Options
    VelletyVellety Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Too much realism
  • Options

Spoken like a true virtue dictator. It's always the other person who is the problem, isn't it? Excuse me not wanting geopolitics/race pandering in a virtual reality role playing game, that is literally designed to be a fantasy world where everyday problems don't exist. They DON'T need to exist in every thing that is created

As others have stated, they agree. You don't have to, just go join your favorite political group and leave the gamers out of it.
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options
    jubilum wrote: »
    Open world/non consensual pvp. I have yet to find anything else so far that ruins the game but this one issue.

You trolling I guess
  • Options
    I don't want them to cater to the vocal, biased minority.

Clearly they have a varied audience who want things they've experienced in different games in the past.
    A lot of these do conflict with each other, but I hope AoC can find a way to make a rich eco-system where they can all co-exist. I have yet to see a game with equal depth in both PvP and PvE. Most usually have compromise in one area or another.