Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is ONE thing you dont want to see in Ashes?

Comments

• Options
    I don't want to be forced to pvp. Have at least a few servers that are PVE either exclusively or with limited PVP areas.

I don't want crafting to be useless at end game. Crafted gear should be as good as any gear dropped from end game raids. And don't gate end game crafting mats in raid either. Basically don't force me to play content I don't want.

Don't make things that were valuable content suddenly valueless in expansions. I'm not talking about gear being replaced I mean like say you have to collect crystal shards to purchase something in-game and after the expansion the crystal shards are worthless. Once you add them to the game leave them in the game.

Don't make achievements character specific but rather make them account-wide.

Don't race lock classes.

Group finders should be server-specific.
  • Options
    I don't want to be forced to pvp. Have at least a few servers that are PVE either exclusively or with limited PVP areas.

I don't want crafting to be useless at end game. Crafted gear should be as good as any gear dropped from end game raids. And don't gate end game crafting mats in raid either. Basically don't force me to play content I don't want.

Don't make things that were valuable content suddenly valueless in expansions. I'm not talking about gear being replaced I mean like say you have to collect crystal shards to purchase something in-game and after the expansion the crystal shards are worthless. Once you add them to the game leave them in the game.

Don't make achievements character specific but rather make them account-wide.

Don't race lock classes.

Group finders should be server-specific.

Group Finders will not exist, they have direct negative effects on player interaction and hostility levels.

All servers will be PvX, you need to come to terms with the fact that you will have to PvP to be effective in the game.

Account-wide achievements remove the context of those achievements. 1mil group healing is something very different on a Rogue than it is in a healer. Keep achievements character-specific.

Crafting will be needed at all levels due to gear degradation and the systems by which gear is acquired. They’ll be needed for seige equipment and for furniture and for ships.

I can’t imagine them creating one-off currencies, and we’ve got confirmation there won’t be race-locks on class.
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »
    [quote="QueenofPixels;c-251766"
    All servers will be PvX, you need to come to terms with the fact that you will have to PvP to be effective in the game.

Is this projected or confirmed? If I can't at least flag my character as a non-combatant for PVP my interest in this game just hit zero.
  • Options
    I would love if there weren't any items or emotes that other people can use that affect other characters, outside of a combat situation.

(ie noisy items that cause your character to faint or dance without your direct input)
  • Options

Is this projected or confirmed? If I can't at least flag my character as a non-combatant for PVP my interest in this game just hit zero.

this is confirmed. If you cant handle that you will have PVP with PVE at all times, then this game isn't for you.
  • Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    edited September 2020

Ashes has always advertised as a PvX game. It’s been confirmed since day one.
  • Options

Thanks. I'm rather new to this game and I was not aware. That's too bad my sons and I were looking for a new MMO to play together and this game sounded very interesting. I think this game would have had a fairly wide appeal if that were not the case. My experience in PVP games is that it brings out the worst examples of the gaming community.

Hope the game works out for you.
  • Options

Thanks. I'm rather new to this game and I was not aware. That's too bad my sons and I were looking for a new MMO to play together and this game sounded very interesting. I think this game would have had a fairly wide appeal if that were not the case. My experience in PVP games is that it brings out the worst examples of the gaming community.

It brings out both, worst and best, its not pvp game, its pvx game, means no pvp without pve and vice versa. It ahould be completely different experience to modern mmos. Would recommend to try.
  • Options

I'd recommend FF14 or World of Warcraft for your family if you only want to PvE.
  • Options
    "Consensual-Pvp"
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    I don't want to see a global chat. Maybe a regional/node chat, but nothing that stretches over the server. Kind of like how classic WoW had "the barrens" chat, I'd like to see certain areas have reputations for different types of chat. Trading zones, nonsense zones, etc.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Daily quests. Hate em.
  • Options

My understanding is that, while there is always PvP in the game, there will be enough content for those who want to focus on leveling through questing and building out a character's profession that you won't have to participate in it all the time. I don't like PvP when it becomes a gank/camp party. The corruption system in AoC sounds like it will take care of that problem so that the game should still be enjoyable for someone who doesn't want to focus on PvP content.
  • Options
    LoL people asking for no PvP. If they add the possiblitity to dissable the PvP flag, I will not buy this game. I'm very bored of PvE content and their players.
  • Options
    palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A game that isn't Ashes of Creation.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited September 2020
    shadiss wrote: »
    I don't want to see a global chat. Maybe a regional/node chat, but nothing that stretches over the server. Kind of like how classic WoW had "the barrens" chat, I'd like to see certain areas have reputations for different types of chat. Trading zones, nonsense zones, etc.

Great point. Disabling global chat is one of the first things I do in any mmo.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    this is confirmed. If you cant handle that you will have PVP with PVE at all times, then this game isn't for you.

Excuse my ignorance, I am completely new to the game, but how do you PvE while someone is attacking you?

I’d appreciate it if anyone could explain better how the system is supposed to function or point me in a direction when I can read up a little more about it.
  • Options
    Moid wrote: »

Excuse my ignorance, I am completely new to the game, but how do you PvE while someone is attacking you?

I’d appreciate it if anyone could explain better how the system is supposed to function or point me in a direction when I can read up a little more about it.

Say for example there is a crafting recipe that you really need, and you know it drops from a dungeon close to your home node and off a certain trash mob. You grab a few friends and head out to the dungeon. You set up inside a room in the dungeon and begin to grind mobs trying to get this recipe to drop. Another group might come in and think to themselves "Wow that's a really good room, it seems like way better loot than our room" You will now most likely have to defend your room. This is PvP and PvE at the same time. World bosses all drop materials to craft the best gear in the game, guilds will fight over these bosses. This is PvP and PvE at the same time. Caravans can easily be set to be attacked by a random spawn of mobs, no idea if they are going to do this though. If they do you will have to defend caravans from mobs and players.

You can't have one without the other in Ashes. Everything is completely intertwined.
  • Options
    One thing I would not like to see is Gw2 kind of WvW combat (blob vs Blob) these fights are 30 vs 30 for example and literally last 30 sec up to 2 min. There is nothing epic about it. Big fights should last a long long time.
  • Options
    Bricktop wrote: »
    Say for example there is a crafting recipe that you really need, and you know it drops from a dungeon close to your home node and off a certain trash mob. You grab a few friends and head out to the dungeon. You set up inside a room in the dungeon and begin to grind mobs trying to get this recipe to drop. Another group might come in and think to themselves "Wow that's a really good room, it seems like way better loot than our room" You will now most likely have to defend your room. This is PvP and PvE at the same time. World bosses all drop materials to craft the best gear in the game, guilds will fight over these bosses. This is PvP and PvE at the same time. Caravans can easily be set to be attacked by a random spawn of mobs, no idea if they are going to do this though. If they do you will have to defend caravans from mobs and players.

You can't have one without the other in Ashes. Everything is completely intertwined.
    So it is designed as I feared. Unless PvP is factored into drop rates then this could end up being a massive problem. I could just see something like an EQ where grinding and camping is absolutely required but then you’re constantly ganked by PvPers.

I hope they are factoring PvP into drop rates but that’s impossible to do as PvP isn’t controllable like PvE is. While you can control the spawn rate of mobs, you cannot control player characters nor can you predict what they will do. So it seems to me you either have to design the game such that there isn’t much camping involved otherwise you end up making camping near impossible.

I played DAoC so I’ve seen what open world PvP can be like. In DAoC the frontiers allowed for anytime PvP so any PvE camps in the frontiers became very well known and attracted constant visits from the players from the enemy realms. There had to be a really huge incentive to consider camping those frontier PvE spawns for them to be used but the designers failed to account for that, at least in the early years (this may have changed at some point). Thus those frontier PvE spawns were virtually never utilized, the frontier was the PvP zone and the inner realms (safe from PvP) were the PvE zones by choice of the players.

It was never fun to spend a bunch of time to gather a group, travel all the way out into the frontier to the spawn location, and then get ganked within 10 minutes. Many a group simply disbanded after such experiences and many people’s first questions before joining groups was, “are you going out to the frontiers?”
  • Options
    Moid wrote: »
    Bricktop wrote: »

So it is designed as I feared. Unless PvP is factored into drop rates then this could end up being a massive problem. I could just see something like an EQ where grinding and camping is absolutely required but then you’re constantly ganked by PvPers.

I hope they are factoring PvP into drop rates but that’s impossible to do as PvP isn’t controllable like PvE is. While you can control the spawn rate of mobs, you cannot control player characters nor can you predict what they will do. So it seems to me you either have to design the game such that there isn’t much camping involved otherwise you end up making camping near impossible.

I played DAoC so I’ve seen what open world PvP can be like. In DAoC the frontiers allowed for anytime PvP so any PvE camps in the frontiers became very well known and attracted constant visits from the players from the enemy realms. There had to be a really huge incentive to consider camping those frontier PvE spawns for them to be used but the designers failed to account for that, at least in the early years (this may have changed at some point). Thus those frontier PvE spawns were virtually never utilized, the frontier was the PvP zone and the inner realms (safe from PvP) were the PvE zones by choice of the players.

It was never fun to spend a bunch of time to gather a group, travel all the way out into the frontier to the spawn location, and then get ganked within 10 minutes. Many a group simply disbanded after such experiences and many people’s first questions before joining groups was, “are you going out to the frontiers?”

well its not factioned based game, so unless ur guild has a lot of declared wars, you shouldnt worry to much about someone coming along and killing you just like that. But at the same time, killing someone will still going to be worth when fighting over top spots. So you better have a good party that can defend the spot as well as kill some mindless mobs.
  • Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited September 2020
    One thing that i don't want to see, hmm...

Well if I have to pick one it will have to be: I do not want to see Intrepid bending their knee to the vocal minority, especially when it comes to changing core game systems completely.

There seems to be a number (minority) of individuals in the community who seem to think they know the ins and outs of what Intrepid studios is designing and exactly how everything is going to play out in this game already and why it will not work. I find this very interesting considering the game isn't even in the Alpha phase just yet. I also believe it is kind of disrespectful at times how some individuals think that with all the talent and experience from so many different backgrounds that the Intrepid studios has accumulated this far are completely unable to find solutions to potential problems. We haven't even seen what they are planning to do... Especially when the game is not even if Alpha state and most core game systems have not been tried/testsed yet.

Please do not confuse this with Intrepid not taking in feedback. They most definitely should do, but this should be agreed by a considerable amount of the community AND should still fit in with the overarching design ideas/systems of what this game is being built on. This game has some strong core ideas and I would personally hate seeing these being changed into systems which would create another WoW clone.

That's just my opinion, if others disagree then they're perfectly free to do so.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    1. Want a name plate on the houses ...the name Plate should be editable, so that we can write our name on our house. 2. Builds of classes should be hidden so that none can spectate it without wish of owner of class.It should be hidden totally.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    I don't want to see people, who spend money in the cash-shop, looking better than players that have invested several hours into the game. Alas, it looks like this is going to be a problem in AoC.

It's fine bro
  • Options

Change your keybinds.......I mean with sons it's good too ...u will have a house to protect....by becoming stronger u will show your son's u r capable of protecting them , this will give u a wonderful feeling and sons will look happy, that my dad actually doing something for us in game rather than just money grinding in real life.
  • Options
    I know this is probably inevitable, as it happens in every community, but I definitely don't want there to be toxicity in the zone chat of the game. There is nothing more immersion shattering than having people chatting about the woes of the real world and angrily debating politics when I'm trying to escape that very thing by logging into a video game. I don't like muting or hiding zone chat because it can be really helpful, especially in this game - I would think Z.C. would be where grouping and coordinating, selling of goods, etc will take place.

Instead, its very refreshing to see players answering questions for newer players and helping them with quests, coordinating parties and such. Problem is, its too difficult for a company to monitor on a daily basis. It happens in every game and I know its a long shot to not see toxicity, but this community has been really cool to watch in my short time here - I definitely think this community is capable of being amazing to each other. Just my $0.02 :)
    6i6j1rfdw7pg.png

Kash | Content Creator/Podcaster | Twitter X @KashQuests | Twitch.tv/LoreForgedHQ | LoreForged.com
  • Options
    Will there name plate on the houses to give more feeling of having ourself......will the name plate going to be editable, so that we can write our name on our house.
  • Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    I dont want to see a raid boss, instance boss or world boss just sitting there doing nothing. Have it pathing or doing something immersive.
    Nothing kills ot for me more than to get to the boss and it's just sitting there like a mannequin. I feel like I have to get my quarter out and put it in its slot to start the fun.

I agree 100%, I want the boss the be actively trying to take out large groups and pumping out mechanics in areas for players to face off against on the fly while they handle rival guilds and players at the same time. If they aren't going to have DPS meters I hope its because I need to hybrid my build so while it may not be optimal, it can handle boss mechanics and counter player tactics. Make tanking matter in more than a traditional manner so we have to protect our allies from multiple points of interest, if they make this work it would be highly active and require a "think on your feet" style of play that I can absolutely get behind.
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Xenotex to further your point, this also applies while we are fighting the boss adds(plenty of info on the wiki about boss/raid fights) have the boss doing something, supporting his generals, or his baby goons, be it buffing, rallying, healing etc.
    To take this a step further, instead of us players training the boss to certain area how about the boss trains us across the world, within reason of course.