Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

List the reasons why you would PK somebody that doesn't wanna fight back

Comments

• Options
    Leiloni wrote: »
    Well ideally if you attack someone and they don't fight back, they should at least leave. Just walk away. But if they stand their ground and just get killed like some sort of protest, well they're essentially griefing me at that point. If you don't want to fight that's fine by me, but then you need to leave.

That is a very odd way of looking at it. I am here minding my own fucking business, maybe plucking some apples from a tree or mining some iron, when suddenly someone pops out of the bushes and starts bashing my head in...

And If I do not flee from you in that case, I am griefing you? You could tell the guy that he should sod off and if not, kill him then and eat the corruption. But saying someone just standing around while you make the active decision to PK him is griefing you just boggles the mind.

Basically: I have the right to stand around wherever I see it fit. You have the right to bash my head in, whether I fight back or not. But you pay a price if you proceed to kill me. :)
  • Options
    ^
    Exactly.

There are always 2 sides of a coin.

A lot of people don't understand this. If someone doesn't comply with something you want them to do, they are not griefing.
    If someone interrupts another players activity without reason, they are the ones griefing, not the player staying minding his own business.

After all, I always like to remind people what they are actually doing, killing someone over some apples or potatoes. Repeat it in your head and realize how pathetic it is ;)
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2020
    Y'all are forgetting:
    - If I'm paid enough.

My price is pretty high tho, so honestly I probs won't unless I lose my temper.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    BricktopBricktop Member
    edited November 2020
    FliP wrote: »
    Exactly.

There are always 2 sides of a coin.

A lot of people don't understand this. If someone doesn't comply with something you want them to do, they are not griefing.
    If someone interrupts another players activity without reason, they are the ones griefing, not the player staying minding his own business.

After all, I always like to remind people what they are actually doing, killing someone over some apples or potatoes. Repeat it in your head and realize how pathetic it is ;)

Neither player is griefing in this situation. Both of them are just playing an open world game the way they see fit and fun for them within the rules of the game. It's not griefing to kill somebody in an open world game, and it's not griefing to not flag back and stand there and die. Player activities are interrupted in these types of games where resources can be scarce and highly sought after and it makes things more interesting.

Things aren't as absolute to me as they are to some players. You say they are griefing you for potatoes, while I say they are securing resources that are finite or scarce in a game that allows you to seize an opportunity to get ahead when it falls into your lap. Doesn't matter if it's a potato, iron, legendary crafting mats, entrance to a dungeon, a world boss, you name it and it most likely applies. You should shift your perspective. Instead of saying "Wow that guy killed me he's a pathetic jerk griefer" you could try having a more positive mindset and remember that people have different versions of what's fun to them and different desires and interests within the game.
  • Options
    A small group of us are just trying to find some fun non-arena PvP so we start with the legal options such as roaming around looking for a caravan. But if our limited game time is quickly running out for the night and it's just been another night of wasted money due to boredom then sorry to the next small group of adventurers, perhaps on their way to a dungeon, but you just became our only open world PvP option and we're picking a fight with you

My hope is the above scenario never has to happen, that the legal PvP open world options are always so plentiful that a night will never be wasted. So here's hoping for great game mechanics and high pop servers.
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't PK someone who has no intention of fighting back unless I was having a really really bad day. But that's just me.

Well ideally if you attack someone and they don't fight back, they should at least leave. Just walk away. But if they stand their ground and just get killed like some sort of protest, well they're essentially griefing me at that point. If you don't want to fight that's fine by me, but then you need to leave.

They're "griefing you" by having you attack them out of nowhere....? Are you for real?! :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No reason at all. They deserve to die.
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't PK someone who has no intention of fighting back unless I was having a really really bad day. But that's just me.

n09j0ak.jpg
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Killing a confirmed bot.

Not sure that would count as a PK though.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cause they rolled non-Tulnar.
    Nagash wrote: »
    You are missing a huge one
    1. If they are tulnar

You miss spelt Elf.
    Not sure how but maybe check you keyboard it might be messing up.

They are number 3 right after orks
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    1. If they are tulnar

You miss spelt Elf.

Ugh, don't forget the dirty dwarves....
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    1. If they are tulnar

You miss spelt Elf.

Ugh, don't forget the dirty dwarves....

They are 4th
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Day 61:

We did it!
    Through clever use of dialogue we unravelled the plans of the ascending (descending?) heir to Atrax' throne.

Of the four divine races, three are under threat:
    • The Orcs
    • The Elves
    • The Dwarves
    It is confirmed from his own mouth - in this order the notable races will be eliminated.
    Our greatest hope may rest in the hands of the humans - though they are prone to befall cunning and deception.
    I'm sure patience with the humans will run out eventually, but they may have just enough time to prevent calamity repeating itself in the annals of history.

I rank quite early in this list. I must decide if I should stand still and die, thereby inflicting the olde curse of corruption to expose that which is corrupt, or if by doing so I am causing them grievance - perhaps I should consider just leaving. It would be more polite.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I`d say there is a fair amount of forum pvp already that will probably transform into game pvp later on.
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    I`d say there is a fair amount of forum pvp already that will probably transform into game pvp later on.

Yeah the forums can be a battle ground i just hope @Noaani has protection ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

Yeah the forums can be a battle ground i just hope Noaani has protection ^^
    I'm good.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

Yeah the forums can be a battle ground i just hope Noaani has protection ^^
    I'm good.

Glad to hear
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    1. If they are tulnar

You miss spelt Elf.

Wait... that was another misspelling of any race other than an elf. Its kind of easy to mix it up, so its okay!
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

bwaahahahahaahahahhahaha!
    :D:D:D
    The attacker is the one who should leave. If you don't, you are Corrupting own yourself.
  • Options

I like this logic lol. If you aren't playing the way i want to play, then you can go home! But honestly if I'm killing someone and they don't fight or flee, then they deserve to die. It's just basic human cognition.
  • Options
    McShave wrote: »
    But honestly if I'm killing someone and they don't fight or flee, then they deserve to die. It's just basic human cognition.

I hope I never meet you in real life.
  • Options
    Pannath wrote: »
    -I was bored
    -Someone had something I wanted
    -Someone was running their mouth
    -It was monday
    -Because I could
    -I didn't want to share a spawn/loot
    -On a bet
    -Because someone told me I couldn't
    -To foster open world pvp
    -To help people stop thinking they were safe and need to stay on their toes
    -Because I didn't like their character/guild name
    -The list goes on

It will be fun to hunt you :smile:
  • Options
    LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited December 2020
    McShave wrote: »

But honestly if I'm killing someone and they don't fight or flee, then they deserve to die. It's just basic human cognition.

Well think of it this way - the death penalty for dying while green is double that of dying while purple, and they are some rather harsh death penalties. If you really don't feel like fighting, all you have to do is hit the person once to turn yourself purple, and then suffer much, much less death penalties if you think you're going to die either way. Or, you can also just turn and run away. Two very easy solutions that are in the best interest of the defending player no matter how you look at it.

So if you stand there, don't move, don't attack, and die as a green, you're screwing yourself over in a big way. How spiteful and petty does a person have to be to intentionally cause themselves major progression losses just to make someone else go corrupt, when in all likelihood that corruption is easily gotten rid of with some mob kills and a death (assuming the player doesn't yet have any corruption). That's got to be least logical, most emotion-driven decision a person can make.
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited December 2020
    1. If they are tulnar

oh it is ON.

- If they are Necromancers named Nagash (since I Know Nagash will already be killing all the other Necromancers for me, I then only need to worry about one)

And I thought my answer would be, "I would never do that" BUT reading others answers I do have a couple:

- If you had ganked/griefed me previously you are KoS period. Even your alts if I learn their names.
    - If they are a known bot / Chinese farmer type. Basically someone I know is intentionally cheating the system. (I actually did this in ESO AND griefed them for hours)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    How spiteful and petty does a person have to be to intentionally cause themselves major progression losses just to make someone else go corrupt, when in all likelihood that corruption is easily gotten rid of with some mob kills and a death

Abso-damn-lutely I will. If I can, I'll destroy all my resources too, just so you can't get any. If I can't have them, no-one can.

The question you're not asking is: How spiteful and petty does a person have to be to go and steal everything from someone else, rather than putting in the effort to get it themselves.
  • Options
    How spiteful and petty does a person have to be to intentionally cause themselves major progression losses just to make someone else go corrupt, when in all likelihood that corruption is easily gotten rid of with some mob kills and a death

Abso-damn-lutely I will. If I can, I'll destroy all my resources too, just so you can't get any. If I can't have them, no-one can.

The question you're not asking is: How spiteful and petty does a person have to be to go and steal everything from someone else, rather than putting in the effort to get it themselves.

You don't get someone else's loot from killing them. They lose a portion of stuff and that's it. You still have to go and kill mobs/gather ore, etc. yourself. The point of killing the person is to reduce competition for those mobs/nodes so you can gather it yourself.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    You don't get someone else's loot from killing them. They lose a portion of stuff and that's it.
    No, if you kill someone you get a portion of their raw materials and certificates (which are turned in for coin).

Also, this is not BDO, we have no reason to assume there won't be enough mobs to go around, and fighting over resource spawns is pointless since we can only hold a small amount in our inventory and would need to go back to town to deposit them well before the harvest is depleated.
  • Options

You don't get someone else's loot from killing them. They lose a portion of stuff and that's it. You still have to go and kill mobs/gather ore, etc. yourself. The point of killing the person is to reduce competition for those mobs/nodes so you can gather it yourself.

You might find this helpful. Have a read!

https://ashesofcreation.wiki
  • Options
    Well think of it this way - the death penalty for dying while green is double that of dying while purple, and they are some rather harsh death penalties. If you really don't feel like fighting, all you have to do is hit the person once to turn yourself purple, and then suffer much, much less death penalties if you think you're going to die either way. Or, you can also just turn and run away. Two very easy solutions that are in the best interest of the defending player no matter how you look at it.

No no no... Death penalty for green is the normal one, just like if a mob had killed you. PvP flagged death is half the penalty. By not fighting back you may get a bigger penalty (double than if you had) but your attacker gets corruption if they kill you, which could be worth not having a smaller penalty for yourself. In some situation, for some people, giving corruption (or the threat of giving corruption), might outweigh half penalty. If your attacker realize you are not fighting back and, not wanting corruption, stop his assault, you don't get any penalty. No death penalty is even less than half penalty.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    pretty much OP's reasons +

1. Just out of boredom. Hey, it's just a game.
    2. Suddenly feeling murderous. Hey, it's just a game.