Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Not really feeling the whole front flip Dwarfs...

124»

Comments

• Options
    AtrushanAtrushan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    Conrad wrote: »
    Atrushan wrote: »
    I don't care either way but I will say this. The description says NOT to be deceived by their stout nature, that they are the strongest warriors the world has ever known. I'd honestly question ANY other race being able to do a flip in full armor over the strongest warriors the world has ever known, personally. Also stoic is an attitude, not a body type.

If that was the case Gimli wouldn't ask Aragorn to be thrown xP

You can't exactly throw yourself and a flip is just an acrobatic technique. Also keep in mind a dwarf armor would be lighter than a bigger being due to it being less materials. Also are you trying to say that Aragorn could do a flip in full body armor?

• Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    I don't care either way but I will say this. The description says NOT to be deceived by their stout nature, that they are the strongest warriors the world has ever known. I'd honestly question ANY other race being able to do a flip in full armor over the strongest warriors the world has ever known, personally. Also stoic is an attitude, not a body type.

You can't exactly throw yourself and a flip is just an acrobatic technique. Also keep in mind a dwarf armor would be lighter than a bigger being due to it being less materials. Also are you trying to say that Aragorn could do a flip in full body armor?

If Aragorn couldn't do a flip in full body armor... Gimli even less!!!
  • Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    @Atrushan And I want Gimlis in the game, okay? I want them to stumble and fall like a potato when lightly jogging.
  • Options
    ShergrimShergrim Member
    edited June 2021

not necessarily, dwarves have much thicker armour due to them being able to carry much more weight than humans or elves.
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

As someone who's worn full body armor (medieval and modern), I ain't believing anyone's doing flips in it w/o Spiderman levels of strength vs size proportions.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That's like not believing in gods.
  • Options
    SigmundSigmund Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey all,
    Was super excited to make a dwarvan character. Logged in, and ended up with a garden gnome. Front flip notwithstanding, the feel was way off.

I fully realize that sliders and customization options are not in place, and combat animations are in flux. Fingers crossed for a future change in the direction of Marcus Hietz or Tolkien, and far less Oompa Loompa, no offense to Grumpy, Sleepy and Sneezy, et al.

A suggestion only: Broader shoulders and hips, barrel-like torso, larger hands and feet. My hope in playing a dwarf was to feel like part of the mountain, akin to stone. Sturdy. Not punt-able or diminutive.

Now if Alpha being Alpha proves the current posture and model can be built on, and is flexible enough to allow players to make more halfling-type characters, then Hammers High! and /salute! to them - but I'll hold out for the dwarves that appear to be "pound for pound the strongest warriors the world has ever known."
    Certainly NOT coveting the lost treasures of Dünheim.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How would you all feel if the flip was only occurring during a sprint jump?
    Small print leads to large risks.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd prefer if it was possible to flip except while sprinting.
  • Options
    GaluxGalux Member
    Just make it so everyone can choose whether they want to flip or not, either in the character creator or as an option in-game.
    8DGfGVF.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Galux wrote: »
    Just make it so everyone can choose whether they want to flip or not, either in the character creator or as an option in-game.

I feel like an optional toggle might get more buggy than its worth. Also its kind of a racial characteristic. I hope they give Nikua this and dunir something slightly different just so my beefy breathern feel more grounded, ultimately. But testing the acrobatic stuff is more important for early terrain testing. So my question is more directed at Nikua players not Dunir.
    Small print leads to large risks.