Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Summer Crowdfunding Campaign FAQ *Updated 6/27*

Hey everyone!

First of all, we want to thank you for your excitement as we recently launched our Summer Crowdfunding Campaign. We’re hoping that this gives those who weren’t able to before, a chance to participate, while also rewarding previous Kickstarter backers as well.

Now we also understand that there is a bit of confusion going on with how the summer campaign works and we want to clarify some points for everyone:

• Previous Kickstarter Backer Accounts

• We sent out an email on Wednesday (6/21) indicating that previous Kickstarter backers would need to sync their Kickstarter accounts with their Ashes of Creation account via their email address. Many backers voiced their concerns that they did not like this system. Therefore, we worked with our engineering team to change this. Instead of having to link your Kickstarter and Ashes accounts, your Kickstarter registered email will receive a key code representing your Kickstarter package. You will then be able to apply the code to whichever account you wish. If you do not have an account to put it on yet, you’ll still need to register on www.ashesofcreation.com and then go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ to apply your key. This key will be distributed via email within 5-8 days from today (6/23).

• Previous Kickstarter Backer Upgrades

• Once previous Kickstarter backers apply their received codes to their account via the Account page, they will then be able to go to the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign page and upgrade their pledges. The choice of pledges will be from the original Kickstarter offerings.  If you own an early bird package, you will keep that early bird value while upgrading.  For example, if you own an $80 Early Bird of the Pioneer package, and you wish to upgrade to the Founder package, you will pay the difference from $100 to $150, not $80 to $150.

• Your Items

• The checkout process on our site currently indicates that you can immediately download your items after purchase. This is incorrect. However, you will receive your package keys after our Summer Crowdfunding campaign has completed. We are working with our web team to try to get this messaging clarified on the site ASAP.

• Backer Goals

• We are working with our web team to put up a ticker so that you can track progress in real time on our new backer goals. We expect this to be implemented within the next few days.

Have additional questions regarding the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign, Kickstarter, etc.? Please post them here and we’ll answer them as soon as we can.

Thank you!

***UPDATE 6/27/17***

It appears that some users did not receive/open emails that were originally sent out regarding their Kickstarter pledges. 

For transparency's sake, we switched from using Kickstarter's email service to our own service via MailChimp. This was so that we could get more granular with who we were targeting for purposes of information, upgrade options, feedback, and of course, surveys. 

If you have NOT received an email from us and were a Kickstarter backer, please email us at cs@intrepidstudios.com along with your Kickstarter-registered email address. I am currently compiling a list of users this is affecting so that I can pass this along to Mail Chimp to figure out why users did not receive these emails. While the original email intentions have still changed, we are planning on using this system to distribute information about your Kickstarter key codes, therefore we are working to ensure this system works to communicate with you.

Thank you!

Comments

• First :D
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    First
    Edit: I was not first, I'm ashamed
    edited June 2017
    Good clearing
  • Fantastic clarity. I think the whole community is appreciative of this much transparency. Thank you!
  • Thank you for the update.
  • Although it didnt really effect me, i think this decision is the right one as many people prefer to keep seperate email accounts for various things. 

This is much more straight forward. Bravo team. 
  • "For example, if you own an $80 Early Bird of the Pioneer package, and you wish to upgrade to the Founder package, you will pay the difference from $100 to $150, not $80 to $150."

That's a little shitty though :/ I dropped my earlybird special for a leader of men, when I could have got a discount on leader of men :P 
  • Thanks @Yaviey that clears some things up and will make alot of people happy by going to a code.
  • Look forward to the linking, the offerings, and tickers.  <3  I know y'all have a lot on your hands right now.  Know that I am cheering for you.  <3
  • Thank you for listening to concerns and doing your best :") 

Looking forward to it a lot 
  • Amazing news, thanks Yavi, so happy that they will go with the keys for KS accounts :-)
  • ++++++++++
  • That sounds wonderfull! i love it! Good news!
  • When will we have our forum titles and such? 
    edited June 2017
    Any update on Steven's proposal of possibly giving all Summer Exclusive rewards to the Lifetime sub backers from Kickstarter?

• wow, thats really great. Super considerate of the community's wishes!
  • Thanks for the update!!
  • Thank you for the update @Yaviey very clear and I am glad you changed your mind to a better system.
  • Thanks, @Yaviey!  Your efforts are greatly appreciated!  Lord knows your job couldn't have been easy the last few days.
    edited June 2017
    Any update on Steven's possible proposal of giving all Summer Exclusive rewards to the Lifetime sub backers from Kickstarter?  The example he gave was "It would mean that backers from the Braver package would gain all summer exclusive items at the braver level and below.  The Leader of Men would get the Leader package summer exclusives and below etc."
  • Great that you guys changes the system!
  • Yet more proof that Intrepid is listening to the community. Thank you for the update.
  • Thank you for this opportunity and clear explanation of things
  • Thank you for clarifying as I have not received any emails yet since pledging on the KS but this explains that:
    "This key will be distributed via email within 5-8 days from today (6/23)."

• @Alusi If you are using gmail, check your promotions folder. You should have received an email on the 21st. That's where I found mine.
    edited June 2017
    Good news indeed! Tnx @yaviey :smile: Though I have one question about that upgrading part. 

"For example, if you own an $80 Early Bird of the Pioneer package, and you wish to upgrade to the Founder package, you will pay the difference from $100 to $150, not $80 to $150."
    ^
    So... does that mean that when I have the Braver of Worlds early bird $400 dollar and I want to upgrade to Leader of Men. Do I get a $100 dollar discount? Leader of Men for $900 dollars since the counter will start from $500 dollar, the normal price for Braver of Worlds. Isn't that a bit unfair for the people that pledged the Leader of Men for $1000 dollars right at the start of Kickstarter? Since Leader of Men didn't have early bird packages. I'm just wondering if it aplies to Leader of Men too. Or does it only apply to packages that "had" early bird sales? For example from Pioneer $100 dollars up to Braver of Worlds $500 dollars. Everything above doesn't get the discount, something like that?

Kind regards,

Dolan
  • Dolan said:
    Good news indeed! Tnx @yaviey :smile: Though I have one question about that upgrading part. 

"For example, if you own an $80 Early Bird of the Pioneer package, and you wish to upgrade to the Founder package, you will pay the difference from $100 to $150, not $80 to $150."
    ^
    So... does that mean that when I have the Braver of Worlds early bird $400 dollar and I want to upgrade to Leader of Men. Do I get a $100 dollar discount? Leader of Men for $900 dollars since the counter will start from $500 dollar, the normal price for Braver of Worlds. Isn't that a bit unfair for the people that pledged the Leader of Men for $1000 dollars right at the start of Kickstarter? Since Leader of Men didn't have early bird packages. I'm just wondering if it aplies to Leader of Men too. Or does it only apply to packages that "had" early bird sales? For example from Pioneer $100 dollars up to Braver of Worlds $500 dollars. Everything above doesn't get the discount, something like that?

Kind regards,

Dolan
    That would be kinda lame, seeing that I dropped my $400 pledge to upgrade to leader of men. I had to shuffle around a lot of money to make that happen :P 
  • I think the upgrade system is great news and could generate even more cash flow for Intrepid.
    edited June 2017
    Prenex said:
    Dolan said:

^

Kind regards,

Dolan
    That would be kinda lame, seeing that I dropped my $400 pledge to upgrade to leader of men. I had to shuffle around a lot of money to make that happen :P 
    ^

This is what I was wondering. People that pledged $1000 dollars right at the start of Kickstarter and the people that dropped an early bird $400 dollars Braver of Worlds to get Leader of Men for $1000 dollars. If people that have lets say Braver of Worlds for $400 dollars will drop it now to get a $100 dollars discount, that would be pretty unfair for the ones that pledged for Leader of Men during Kickstarter since it had no early bird packages :wink:

Now I'm not a Leader of Men pledger, I'm sticking to my Braver of Worlds since that is enough for me. Don't want the angelic and demonic skins :smile: But I'm just asking so the people that pledged Leader of Men during Kickstarter get to know about this matter.
  • Sintu said:
    Any update on Steven's possible proposal of giving all Summer Exclusive rewards to the Lifetime sub backers from Kickstarter?  The example he gave was "It would mean that backers from the Braver package would gain all summer exclusive items at the braver level and below.  The Leader of Men would get the Leader package summer exclusives and below etc."
    This