Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 24, 2017

Comments

• Options
    What about skill global cooldown? Will there be one or no? If yes how long will it be?
  • Options
    Without the "normal end-game" and lack of DPS meters, how do you plan on making instanced raids competitive, challenging, and scaled such as WoW, Rift, FFXIV, and Wildstar. You have given me little faith that these types of raids will even exists.

I know its early but any hint at there being actual instanced raids, with a low cap on people 10-25, that is challenging and takes skill and coordination of multiple people would make me finally sold of this great looking game.
  • Options
    This one goes primarily at the art team: will players be able to create female characters with a flat chest? This is a common oversight in favor of breast physics.
  • Options
    Question: Without the "normal end-game" and lack of DPS meters, how do you plan on making instanced raids competitive, challenging, and scaled such as in WoW, Rift, FFXIV, and Wildstar. You have given me little faith that these types of raids will even exists.
  • Options
    In the predator video we saw the stealth to have a slightly visible shimmering effect. Is this visible only to the player so they can track their own position, or will stealth look this way to other players as well, allowing an observant player to notice an incoming rogue?
  • Options
    The downfall of most subscription games is that they follow the trend of converting to F2P when subscriber numbers don't meet expectations or fall off. The market is tough for subscription MMOs currently and most studios convert to F2P rather quickly, it seems.

As contributors to a subscription MMORPG who may value what a subscription model brings to the game, what can you tell us regarding your plans as far as what kind of playerbase you feel the game should maintain in order for the game to remain subscription based? Is there any threat of converting to F2P in the future? Going into this project is there a certain mindset for development to ensure the game remains sustainable even if it isn't the top subscription MMO of all time?
  • Options
    Can you say more about your plans for raids or grouped endgame content? Open world vs instanced? Endgame vs mid-level? Gear check vs everyone can contribute. Any other details?
  • Options
    @Paaperclips

I'll assume you mean P2W, and not F2P
  • Options
    Can you go into detail about sailing and the boats we will be sailing with, specifically what types of ships are going to be available (battleship, dreadnought, dingy) and can we build them ourselves?
  • Options
    Will there be player-owned carts and wagons to customize (like ships, as an example?)

If so, re these player carts and wagons used with the caravan system, or is it more of a generic caravan that spawns to deliver the goods?

Can players carry goods with their own wagons, and if so, how does that differ from the caravan system?
  • Options
    Alongside the immersive Environments, will their be ” Weather Hazard(s) ” too ? And If so, will their be plenty ?

( Such as Randomized Lightning, Quicksand, Haunted Areas, Falling Boulders, Erosive/Crumbling Ledges etc )

Secondly ... please consider adding <em> " Crafting Abilities "</em>. What is it ? Simply Put, Craftiting Abilities will be abilities you can gain via Crafting - they'll be entirely unique dependent on the Class-Type & Crafting Profession. <ul>
    It'll essentially be an entirely Separate </ul>

<em> Pallette of Abilities. that can be Combined with Main-Type Abilities in order to make create new ones.

I thought this would be fantastic solely because you mentioned in an Interview about "Augments" in Abilities. So Figured .. this would be the "icing-on-the-cake" ^
  • Options
    Will NPC "actors" perform actions in the world? Things like fishing by a lake, eating at a table, cleaning objects. little actions that make the world feel alive? IF so, will players be able to as well?
  • Options
    Will the alpha and beta be on different servers? Wouldn't it be unfair for the people in beta to be coming into a server that they cant start from scratch?
  • Options
    You already mentioned a few things about sieges so i apologize for bringing it up, but will there be a way to say invest in an npc guard/army to help protect the city and would it be possible to send that guard/army to assist friendly cities under siege?
  • Options
    Will there be stat/skill points in ashes and will there be skill trees?

Could we get an example of what happens when your character levels up?
  • Options
    How do you plan for Crafters who are not raw material gathers to progress without having to spend more currency than gatherers? What's to keep non-gather Artisan professions from being neglected due to high amounts of currency investment?
  • Options
    Q: Will you guys consider partnering with a resale website where people can sell their kickstarter pledge accounts? This gives those of us that didn't reach a higher tier a chance at buying one of the bigger packs should someone want to sell them.

Additional commentary( don't include this):
    http://crowfall.anshex.com/ Crowfall has done this and you can buy Crowfall kickstarter pledges from there that other people are selling, that way it won't go for sale on shady market websites that might end up scamming you.

I think it would be a great idea to consider partnering up with one of these guys. I personally wanted to reach the 1K pledge but due to my end of semester bills coming in, I was only able to afford a smaller package.
  • Options
    In a for example 8 man dungeon what is there worth while incentive for taking multiple classes. Say the group is 1 Tank/Tank, 2 Cleric/Clerics and 5 Mage/Mage, Rogue/Rogue, or whatever dps is meta at that time.
  • Options
    How will the clerics early game play, will we be able to play or do we need to rely on a group early on? Also will healing be intuitive or will we be afk whack a mole heal bots?
  • Options
    I know (based on the people I speak to on Ashes discord) that many people do not really understand the meaning of a persistant alpha/beta. I truly feel that if you could clarify this to people, they would be more likely to invest larger amounts, or invest in general in the kickstarter, which would result in even more backers, or higher backing amounts.

My question: Can you please clarify the meaning of a persistant alpha/beta phase to people who may not understand specifically what that means.
  • Options
    How will crafting be kept viable?

Will there be wear and tear on items that at some stage will be unrepairable?

So crafter's are still needed and not made redundant once people have the items they need.
  • Options
    Under the Royalty package on KickStarter, The Q&A with developers, is this a streamable event? Can i put that on my youtube channel? Talk more about it please.
  • Options
    Will alts have a shared bank mechanism similar to EQ2? meaning each toon will have their own bank space, but there will be a few boxes that will be shared with the account. I am hoping this will be enabled.
  • Options
    Will character stats affect Artisan skills and can we change our artisan skills at some cost, maybe starting over?
  • Options
    I had two questions, Will you be able to keep your character if you change servers, or will you need to make a new one for the new server?

My second question is, What will happen to a quest that you have already started if the node that quest is from is sieged and destroyed?
  • Options
    In general I want more information regarding the bard and cleric, two classes I feel have been lacking in any tangible, nonvague info.

The main part of my question tho is will you make these two classes, who tend to fulfil support roles able to fend for themselves in questing, and more importantly in owpvp. For example will I be able to make a dps focused bard for owpvp that is actually effective, and will we be able to change/adjust our builds so we are not pigeonholed into being a dps bard in pve which may not be desired as much over its support build?
  • Options
    Are there any mechanics in place to prevent your character from being chain crowd controlled (i.e stuck in crowd control) for the entire duration of a PVP fight?
  • Options
    I know it's late but how will Crafted items and gear compare to dungeon and raid gear, IF someone became a master at crafting that item specifically ?
  • Options
    What happens if subscription runs out, does your mansion, freehold or etc get destroyed?
  • Options
    Question about fishing: Will you guys be changing how important fishing is? Currently in MMOs fishing is seen as a side activity and anybody can do it and it’s really easy to get things. How will you guys make it more so people who invest more time into fishing get more rewards?