Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 24, 2017

Comments

• Options
    PvP flagging system sounds really good, have one question about it though.

Would there be any way to stop a gank of a player involved in solo PvE mob combat?
    More specifically a gank team could use a solo PvE players AoE damage to get that player flagged as a combatant enabling a gank attack from one or more other players with no risk of corruption, while that lone PvE player is enaged with the Mob. I have seen this kind of thing in many other open world pvp games.

Would there be some way to lock out a player from PvP if they are in combat with mobs?

Love the whole of Ashes concept!
  • Options
    *Deleted* - Accidental repost
  • Options
    Could we play our own music in the game? Like in a tavern we'd have a set of sheet music and we could put in the notes and whatever we put is what's played or something?
  • Options
    What is required to build a ship is it just materials and such or also a certain progression of a node or else (maybe carpentry?)?
    What happens if your ship gets destroyed? And does the corruption system also apply to ship fights?
  • Options
    Question : When our Free Hold devolves after a Node falls do we also lose our claim on the plot?

Maddstone
  • Options
    If my friends and I all want to play together but start as different races how soon after character creation can we meet up? Also how difficult will it be to navigate to where we want to be so we're all together?

Example: In WoW if you started as a Night Elf you were stuck leveling in the night elf zone unless you corpse ran the entire length of two continents. MMO's are better when played with friends IMO. I don't mind starter zones but it should be easy afterwards to say board a ship to another zone to meet up with friends. (at least at the start.)
  • Options
    Most of us are well aware of how important character names are to some players. So my question is:

Are character names going to be unique per server or shard (ala WoW) or will names be linked to player handles or accounts (ala Guild Wars 2)? In other words, will our characters be able to have a first name that someone else might also have?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Are drugs (not the medicinal kind) going to be a thing, if so could you describe their usage?
  • Options
    I am fascinated with the potential of the economics designed in this game and everything related to sea-based content.

Question: What sea-based professions or artisan classes could we see?

Examples:
    Shipbuilder - Building ships for others, yourself, or guild
    Dockmaster - Owning your own dock to charge rent for spaces. Perhaps it's your own property in high-level node cities only
    Sailor/Captain - Perhaps people hire you to pilot their ship to the rumored treasure zones or area without crashing or getting attacked - possibly even purposefully seeking out sea-based monsters.
  • Options
    Will dye in the game expire after one use?
  • Options
    My question is what kind of tavern games will there be?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Will there be a fishing, if yes what sort of mechanic will there be for fishing and what can be done with the fish, ie how meaningful will fishing be.

• Options
    I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not, but what happens when the node levels up in the world? Like if a node reaches the Metropolis stage, will the Metropolis instantly appear or will it be something like a 24 hour build phase?
  • Options
    Can I hire an NPC to craft something for me while I'm out in the world gathering materials or vice-versa?
  • Options
    Any chance of mohawk and head tattoo options for my dwarf?
  • Options
    Do we have a Social Organizations like a Adventure Guild that’s allow guild member and none guild member to create their own Quests for another players? But is not like a Thieves guild and No illegal stuff.
  • Options
    I think that enchant should be a thing of mages and clerics for sake of RPG.
  • Options
    Are there any plans for a phone app to complement the game? Perhaps a mini game to win in game currency, or an app to control workers for crafting, or a way to access the auction house.
  • Options
    I was wondering if the armour an weapons made by crafting will be as good as or better than the ones found in a instance or are they just dusting mats for enchanting ??
  • Options
    First time forum user here, but I'm loving where the game is heading. I have questions about the corruption and flagging system.
    1. If I am in a large raid attacking a world boss. and a second raid group attacks as well and none of them are flagged for PVP, will friendly fire from raid group 1 effect raid group 2 if the fighting is in close quarters? If so, would that cause corruption?
    2. Are you planning for a mechanic that would prevent things like this from happening, and if so, would it only be for world bosses and specific events, or would it be for all mobs? I ask about all mobs as if everybody logs into starting zones I want to know if I need to not use AOE mechanics to avoid getting corruption.
    3. If I do get corruption and am purposely ganking, you've said that my PVP effectiveness would decrease and my gear would be able to be looted on death. What is there to prevent me from changing my gear before dying or between ganking low level player characters?
    I also have one question about the referral program and the FAQ i read that said that people can receive "cash back" under the program:
    1. Are you going to be sending tax forms to people who make enough money in the states where this would apply and do you think will this result in you having to hire a tax professional just to manage this system?
    Also, I am not 100% certain I am remembering this correctly, but I believe I heard it said in an earlier Q&A that many if not most items will not be "Bind on Pickup".
    1. If this is the case, what are you planning for the gold sellers/item sellers who will be in effect using RMT "real money transactions" to sell these items on third party websites? This was a major issue for Blizzard with the Diablo franchise and I could very quickly see this happening with this game effectively making it Pay to Win.
    Thank you for listening to my questions, I hope at least one gets answered in the next Q&A. If not I'll try posting again! :)
  • Options
    Can we completely cover our characters body in tattoos? What sort of tattoos are you considering also?
  • Options
    I have a few friends who are healers, will healing be more engaging than just watch the green bars?
  • Options
    Will you consider bringing meaning back to another overdone trope of MMOs, character death and respawn? Since the game will have angels, demons, and divine classes will you break the mold and forego instant respawns which make character death meaningless, and give characters the option to take a short journey through the afterlife of their chosen in game religion, with quests to prove they are worthy of being reborn? If they succeed they are resurrected with a temporary bonus. If they fail to prove they found wisdom and enlightenment they are reincarnated as a bard named Jeff with all the temporary and permanent disadvantages and social disgraces that entails.
  • Options
    What happens when a player dies, where do they respawn, are there any casualties?
  • Options
    Can the caravan system be integrated into the siege mechanic? where you need to transport the Trebuchet's to the city node and there is a situation where you have to defend it like that of transporting goods. this would be awesome because it also has a risk vs reward and meaningful conflict. perhaps if they get attacked and they are defeated along the way they still get to do the siege but they have a reduced effect modifier so it's not super punishing for the attackers. but still, has a benefit for the people defending.

much like in rust u have to transport your explosives to said base in order to raid it. and there is a risk that you will be ganked along the way and loose everything. obv less punishing.
  • Options
    Dungeon difficulty
    I like actually having to think about pulling so we dont wipe. What to disable, how to do this and that, but I understand this probably wont fit the mass. So are there going to be several difficulty levels of dungeons, even if it makes it kind of repetitive?
  • Options
    How often will you change up the end-game meta such as cookie cutter builds where most people focus on the same stats and skills?
  • Options
    Hi! Would there be dark fantasy environments like in BERSERK(manga), Dark Souls(pc game) world? Would there be a blood effects(toggleable maybe? This project can be more than just a cartoon mmo for sure) after killing monsters\animals\peoples ?
    You know, not just green grass and sun rays...but big a$$ destroyed castles, grave yards, catacombs, poisoned swamps, maneaters caves and etc as well.
  • Options
    Another one question is: Would player's race be a thing... would it matters something? Not just skills\classes but quests or npc relationship with you, main storyline? Would some guards attack or not passing you in some quaters of city if you race is... mmm beastlike or elven as example.
  • Options
    Will all metropolises be unique in how they look and will they have different layouts?