Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 24, 2017

Comments

• Options
    Pvp flagging system.

For preventing murder sprees of solo PvE players involved in simple exploring or gathering I think the system sounds great.
    However as I mentioned earlier in the thread and as Vagrant mentioned above when PvE players are involved in combat with AoE damage flying around PvP players will be able to "exploit" the intended purpose of the mechanic to either:
    Flag players involved in Mob fighting PvE for combat against there own choice.
    Or worst case scenario by sending in low lvl alts to the PvE mob fighters AoE, these PvE fighters could get alot of corruption that is totally not their own choice.

This will be something that will happen. When I played Age of Conan on open wprld pvp enabled servers, there was a murder point system designed to dis-incentivise player killing of low lvl characters. Gank squads would use this exact tactic to get other groups murder points just for trying to defend themselves.

I was wondering if by design players can be flagged for in pvp combat, then can we have a system where players are flagged as in PvE combat during which time it is impossible for them to damage or be damaged by another player. Then within a short time frame of non PvE combat this resets back to normal. Would this not solve the whole issue?

*have since had this situation explained to me by Deaths Proxy on Ashes Discord, apparently this could never happen due to the fact that players have to enable or turn on the ability to damage other players. Coming from an Age of Conan and Elder Scrolls Online background only I was not aware of this*
  • Options
    Will pets have different roles such as tank pets, healing pets, dps maybe even RARE pets that go out and seek resources out for you?
  • Options
    What weapons will there be in the game and will i be able to use them in different ways? For example bring my staff into melee combat or throw my daggers at other players?
  • Options
    If I have a Freehold in a land that is predominately elfish and therefore the base style is elfish will I be able to purchase skin packs for my builds to make them orcish style instead?
  • Options
    1] I plan to roll a tank as my initial main character; can you tell me when will the combat class system specifically involving primary skills (and table for possible secondary influence upon them) be revealed/ illustrated on the official web site or your stream videos?
  • Options
    You've said so far that the artisan class will have 3 trees, gathering, refining, and crafting. How will the animal husbandry fit into this? Is it part of this tradeskill system or is it tied separately to the freeholds or some other way?
  • Options
    Can you please elaborate on inventory/storage plans? You've said there will be storage on freeholds, but can you rent storage in a node, such as a bank? How about plans for player inventory (1 bag, separate inventory for crafting materials vs. equipment?
  • Options
    Is storage going to be gated behind the cash shop in any way with options to purchase inventory/storage space for real world money?
  • Options
    Could you explain what parlor games are going to be incorporated? Poker possibly or will it be unique games creates for AoC
  • Options
    While it has been confirmed that classes will have utility, will that utility be deep and specific? For example, will say a mage be the only class to blast open a cave? Or perhaps only a mage/summoner can create a light rune stone for other players to use as a light source?
  • Options
    With the system that you are designing with Unreal Engine 4, will you have weekly maintenance periods in which the servers will be down or will you be able to have a system with minimal downtime similar to Guild Wars 2?

With having an ever evolving world with active pvp likely to be going on most of the time, having minimal downtime would be great.
  • Options
    Will there be a cargo ship caravan type system, yo ho a pirates life for me?
  • Options
    Is an open world castle/dungeon an adventure that can last days or weeks or the same length as a 2-3 hour instanced dungeon/raid in a typical MMORPG?
  • Options
    The Fighter (or warrior) class in many RPGs often has the stigma of being the most basic class, and often serves as the roll of a tank. How will Ashes' Fighter class play with its divergence from the Tank archetype, and in what ways will it not just be the basic, mechanically simple class if at all?
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been addressed but: character transfers between servers: will they be a thing at launch? or later? or at all?
  • Options
    What is realy cool about the nodes is that we get to watch them grow from the start until its a big city. And there will be huge benefits of getting inn early in a node. But i could see people joining the game after a few months having truble caring about the node at all because they havent put in the work at the node. Do you think this will be a problem and of so what will you do to get new players involved in the nodes?
  • Options
    Q. Is a guild hall necessary for a guilds' progression?

For example 3-4 guilds can all be a citizen of the same node, however only 1 of them (on a first comes first served basis) will be able to have a guild hall within that node. In which case only the guild that has a guild hall can progress further, causing the remaining 3-4 guilds to either leave to another node or try and attack the previous node in order to establish their own guild hall instead.

Regards,
    Rizen
  • Options
    Can u describe Thieves Guild , Traders Company and Scholars Academy a bit more ?
    Advantages and disadvantages , goals , restrictions, ect ....
  • Options
    Will a Cleric primary be required to heal a group in a typical dungeon? Is there a secondary class that would prevent them from being a sufficient healer in that scenario?
  • Options
    Will fishing have real world fishing mechanics? Such as, casting lures and reeling in vs just cast to a node and waiting.
  • Options
    In previous livestreams you've said you want abilities to have both in and out of combat uses. Can we expect there to be ways to exploit the environment with skills to gain advantages? E.g. lighting haystacks on fire using your ranger/mage fire arrows to create smoke for a caravan assault, or say not assaulting at all but just doing it to scare caravans to hiring more guards and delaying while you attack a different location. other examples completely free of combat would be something like freezing the stream to let caravan cross it when the bridge is out
  • Options
    Will Caravans have to follow specific roads between cities or will they be able to take roundabout routes through forests and such?
  • Options
    You stated that there will be no pvp/pve unique gears but that will be ranks/leaders in the arena system, so in regards to that, how do you plan to balance the playing field for players that dont participate so much in the pve aspect of the game but still would like to play in the arena, gear wise.
    Also pvp question, how will CC crowd control work in the game? will there be diminishing returns? Will we be able to use abilities to counter/remove other players abilities?
  • Options
    what can we exspect for support healing skills?
  • Options
    Will any of the Classes be gender-locked?

Will the servers be region-locked? I Live in the UK but always play on US servers as my gaming friend lives in Florida. Is that going to be an issue?
  • Options
    About crafting: Will you be able to master a productionline through having other characters than your main character: One gatherer, one refiner and one crafter?
  • Options
    Hello,

How often after game release are you planning to have updates with new content? (quarter/half year)
    Thanks
  • Options
    What will the minimum client requirements be? Will ashes be optimal with a higher multi core cpu (ryzen 1800x in my rig), and will today's video cards (1080ti in my rig) be able to handle ashes on high to ultra settings?
  • Options
    Can you explain your approach to the applying overarching storylines/lore when every server potentially can be completely different?
  • Options
    Would you consider adding a mounted combat profession?
    We are aware of the implications of adding mounted combat in PvP... But how about with a limited arsenal allowed on horse back? (i.e. Lance) which in reality its a completely separated craft. Perhaps even with your own weaponry but with damage debuff as a limitation for the speed benefit.