Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 24, 2017

Comments

• Options
    How can we see the worldmap? Will it be in a UI, or will we need to create a map item?
  • Options
    Hi guys! Isende here (eye-sen-day), and I've got a couple of questions. However, I'll restrain myself and try to choose just one!

For myriad reasons, this has become a very important part of gameplay for me; will we have the option to hide things such as helm/cloak/shoulders? How about belts/shoes/gloves?

Thank you!
  • Options
    A lot has been said about open world dungeons and world boss raids, but not much about instanced group content. What will instanced group PvE look like at max level? I'm especially interested in details about instanced raids.
  • Options
    Will we soon see some more race's? especially the Orcs :)
  • Options
    Dungeon difficulty: I like actually having to think about pulling so we dont wipe: What to disable, how to do this and that; but I understand this probably won't fit "the mass". So are there going to be several difficult levels of dungeons, even if it makes it kind of repetitive?
  • Options
    Main question:
    Given the importance of transporting goods and the economy, what is the current plan for inventory size and management?

Side questions expanding/heavily related to main question:
    For example, is it going to be more slot based, weight based, something else entirely? About how much general questing can we expect before our bag is full? Will we have saddlebags to increase our carrying capacity via mounts? Can we increase our carrying capacity, either overall or for certain items via the artisan tree (IE gatherers can carry more wood/ore/etc)?
  • Options
    <strong>Community Created Content</strong>

Will AoC have inbuilt social media functionally direct to twitter/youtube etc? Even before that will it be simple to take screenshots? Will we be able to interact with the game as much as we can ie sitting in chairs, camera spanning or distance usage?

Parkour, Parlor games & Exploration at Sea has me so intrigued are there any more activities/functions in the works right now setting AoC apart from other MMORPGS purely to show our game off?

Will AoC have any sites/platforms/incentives/programs officially set up to support community created content?
  • Options
    Question:
    Will there be some sort of "Skill-books" (which can also fail, reading them) for each class and each skill, which you can get randomly by maybe farming bosses or something else in the world, to be able to also level your skills to a specific level to get also stronger by your abilities and not only through your level and gear (?) Or will it be as always (or mostly).. that you only have skills with fixed damages numbers which you can only unlock if you reach level X and X?!

Side Note:
    It would be awesome to have some sort of "Skill-leveling System" beside your primary level to have more options in pve.. whether just running massive dungeons for rare gear loot and stuff and leveling or maybe going out in the world by your own or maybe even with a few friends and hunt some specific (rare) monsters/things to "farm" specific items (like Skill-books/stones as I mentioned) and other necessary resources, maybe for enchanting gear.
  • Options
    I have a really important question, do you know where will your servers be located, at least for EU?

Also, end game PVE content, will it be accessible by small groups 4-6 ppl or only by raids 15-40 ppl?
  • Options
    I would like to know the answer to the question about PvE experience vs. crafting experience and whether you can level from either, too.
  • Options
    Will there be island nodes large enough to house a metropolis?

Also, fortress island node?
  • Options
    Dungeon difficulty - I like actually having to think about pulling so we don't wipe: What to disable, how to do this and that; but I understand this probably won't fit "the mass". So are there going to be several difficult levels of dungeons, even if it makes it kind of repetitive?
  • Options
    I would like to know for roleplaying immersion sake:

How much custom furniture will be able to be crafted or found in game? Or will it be cash store only?

Will there be a barber shop of sorts in game?

How do you plan to appeal to roleplayers in general?

I liked the comment someone made in the last Q&A about gender fluidity in character creation. I would just like to say I would like to second this idea. I'd like to see clothing, hair, and body types not be gender locked (except maybe facial hair unless female dwarves have the option for beards).
  • Options
    If I were to pledge the $500 level kickstarter package but was not going to be the guild leader, could I gift the guild title benefit to my friend whom is the guild leader?
  • Options
    Will items not labeled as "Kickstarter Exclusive" in the Kickstarter packages be available a la carte via a cash shop after the Kickstarter campaign?
  • Options
    If a person purchases the $500 level Kickstarter package, can they gift the Guild Name Reservation to a friend if they do not intend on using it?
  • Options
    Playing a musical instrument sometimes makes for some really good RP. Will there be an ability to do this without having the bard profession as your primary or secondary class? ((Looking at this purely as a RP functionality and not a combat/buff mechanics.))
  • Options
    Will ships be summonable/desummonable entities like archeage or persistant like EVE online?

If the latter, can people permanently steal another player's ship? Can one put permissions / lock his boat while exploring the coast?
  • Options
    When it comes to the gathering skill you have stated that at the highest levels you get "bots" to do the work for you. Are these npcs that we have to pay a fee for or is it more of creating our own worker bots?
  • Options
    Open world dungeons was something talked about on a previous Q and A, I love that idea of not having all dungeons instanced but how would you address the issue of making multiple parties trying to complete one dungeon, for example if one party was 1/2 way done before another party started, wouldn't that party miss out on half the dungeon and need to wait until the mobs re-spawn or the first party is finished?
  • Options
    I'm absolutely loving so much of what I'm hearing from these Q&As! However, my biggest gripe so far is the lack of character races!

While the current races aren't horrible as you are including most of the tried-and-true races, I just feel like they're a bit "meh" IMHO. There is just nothing there at the moment that has me really excited! A lot of your competitors currently in development (I won't name them) are getting really creative with races...and that's exciting!

So, my question is, who do I have to bribe around here to get me some more "exotic" races in Ashes such as Halflings, Half-elves, Goblins, Gnomes, Goliaths, Tieflings, etc?

Also, if there are no plans to include other races in the near future (that may be ready for launch), would additional races be something that is included in an expansion down the road?

Thank you!
  • Options
    Once players reach the level cap would there still be the ability to level up combat skills?
  • Options
    Are the crafters will be able to sign their crafts?
    For example a blacksmith will be able to sign his sword and everyone that will get the sword, will see his signature on it.
  • Options
    Will we be able to adjust character height and mass during character creation?
  • Options
    Who is in charge of Audio Engineering for Ashes? There's nothing on the website about this role yet. If you want an immersive experience, the sound effects and music are as important as the visual environments.
  • Options
    As a summoner, there was talk about being able to play through your summon. Will this also apply to some utility things for the summoner like controlling an eagle to scout ahead? Also, what happens to your character once you are inside a summon or another creature?
  • Options
    Will there be further rewards to taking over/destroying a node development ? What is preventing most people from pivoting their ideals to fit into an already existing booming metropolis, vs trying to spend resources to take it down? Is the path of least resistance going to be an issue with preventing conflict?
  • Options
    How huge will the gab between skill and gear be?
  • Options
    Will you be able to allocate your Stat Points to build your own unique character?
  • Options
    I happily donated to your Kickstarter, and I am happy with all of the nice extra content we are unlocking with the stretch goals. My question is more on the game development side:

<em>How do you plan to use the money from the Kickstarter to make the game better than your mentioned core viable product? What tangible places is the money going that you might not have been able to afford without the success of the Kickstarter?</em>

I'd just like to know exactly how my contribution to the game is going to make a difference for you and your team, and I'm sure many others out there would as well.