Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 24, 2017

Comments

• Options
    <strong>COLLECT-OHOLICS-ANONYMOUS</strong>

Something I'm looking forward to most about Ashes of Creation is the fact its such a stunning game on the Western side of the world. Don't get me wrong I love Asia and the beauty of Asian culture my gene pool naturally encourages this BUT my question is: where we have become use to seeing Asian influences in such vividly realistic games via customization/housing/wardrobe items will AoC be focusing Western cultural influences?

Will AoC stick to its very traditional look and era it has at the moment or should we expect to see see gimmick themed weapons/furniture/wardrobe? How will AoC aim to be cute, unique and alluring to collect-oholics?
  • Options
    In the past, I have seen enthusiasm and strong opinions on a game forum prior to launch, turn into a toxic state that persisted into Live and the game itself. In hindsight, I've wondered if allowing the rampant speculation and heated debate about how the game "should be" contributed to that toxicity. So my question is, "Do you have a strategy for preventing a negative environment in the community as it develops?"
  • Options
    Will the game use speech bubbles & have the standard say, emote, yell channels? Also what descriptive functionality will there be for role players such as surnames and bits of descriptive text to compensate for the lack of addons?

Will character customization have an age slider, can I make a crippled old man, or a young squire barely 14?
  • Options
    i have a few guild related questions
    first is the structure of people, like treasurer, war commander things like that, can you give us insight to the positions players can be in as well as the permissions.
    number 2: the banking, and housing systems as well as how will the guild be ranked?
    number 3: how will alliances work for guilds and corporations

also, last questions: are there any sources of shared look / gold? like for instance will the guild get a cut of gold drops, resources, etc...?
  • Options
    well regarding if other classes can heal themselves, that is a yes, if they pick a healing sub like the cleric, they can put augments on there attacks or spells that will heal them when they are used, so you can heal yourself without a cleric, however that said, I do not know how useful clerics will actually be.
  • Options
    How will Ashes incentivize players to stick to a 'main' character? Particularly in a "player-driven" world, alts could tend to diminish the games experience - specifically in concerns to the economy.
  • Options
    We already know separate servers will have copies of same world to evolve, and cities/villages will have some customization options from the players side. But what about nodes? Will all nodes have the same borders on the different servers, or we will have to adapt our behaviour to our own nodes and not just replicate step-by-step what other servers did to achieve the same thing? (So lets say there is mountain node and lake node on one server, but on the other those are both under one bigger node?)
  • Options
    How complicated will the game mechanics be for damage, abilities, interactions in combat, classes, specific features of classes, proffessions, etc., so that it doesn't feel like a casual game for those who wanna delve deeper? Also will there be improved tooltips enabled for number-crunching and theory-crafting and stuff? (For example, in Vanilla WoW to teach your pet a specific ability, first you need to get it from a different beast, that has it learnt when tamed, and train with him a little, until you can teach it to other pets.) Also, will there be combat pets in the game? Will it have solo-only adventures/hunts/missions similar to what we've seen in Runescape quests, Treasure Hunts, difficult bosses with specific mechanics even outside "instances".
    Some questions from a hardcore player, who likes number-crunching and mathematics.
  • Options
    While I'm really looking forward to more details on the crafting system., I figure that will be disclosed later in an in depth dev blog. So my question is:
    What will your stance be on streaming on Twitch/Youtube for the alpha/beta phases of the game? Or will we be behind an NDA for that portion of the game?
  • Options
    Hello, guys!!! My Question is - How you can avoid "GATE" wars mechanics like it will be in LineAge II , when people can't leave peacefull zones because they get damages from enemies, wich shot them in the back and hide back into peace zone? These is realy owfull mechanic.
  • Options
    My questions
    1. Lets say you're out doing a smaller dungeon/event with a couple of random players. Can they then kill you once the mob or whatever happens is defeated and take the drop for themselves.
    2. I do understand they can get corruption, does that in its own last forever until killed for a bounty or can they run away until a timer wears off or even just log out for a certain amount of time.
    3. If you do die do you just instantly teleport to a spawn point for all dead players, somewhere random, or even a death respawn timer then teleport.
    4. Loot drops, will they be spread out evenly to everybody around, dice roll, or first person to hit the pickup key.

Sorry in advance if these have been answered already. Thank You
  • Options
    You mentioned Lord of the Rings, how much of that (apart from races) will we see into the game ? What aspects of Lotr inspired you ?
  • Options
    hey guys :)
    can you carry different types of weapons as every class? if yes, how much?
    will there be dualwielding or something like that?
    for example:
    warrior/ranger
    warrior 2x 1handed sword, than switch to a bow.
    thank you and congrats for your amazing kickstarter campaign!
  • Options
    Hi,
    Will we have UI maps - mini map - zone map etc

If yes will there be Fog of War for areas we have not been to or seen?

thanks!

Solill
  • Options
    Your most appealing content like settling and governing cities, exploring undiscovered territories, running a [successful] inn, etc. will most likely only be available for the select few who are fully committed to the game. What impact can a regular Joe have on the game world? What can this game offer to him compared to other games where everyone's eventually able to achieve everything? How would someone starting the game a few months later be able to compete with early adopters who already built metropolises?
  • Options
    how in depth hiring npcs will be ?
    for example let's say i'm an innkeeper , can i have some servants and maids to work in my inn , will we have different roles for npc's such as dancers , singer , musician , etc... , can we change there outfits ( to get a uniform for my inn )
  • Options
    Can you please provide more details on how fishing will work in AoC? Will there be baits, lures, biome species, seasonal species, time of day catches or catch rates, fishing pools(nodes) or open water fishing?
  • Options
    Will you be able to take over multiple zones in the name of your Metropolis or Guild?

Meaning our zone is A. we boarder zones B, D, and F. Can we take those over or just sack them?
  • Options
    Will the priest/cleric robes change depending on his/her religion? For example if your religion is similar to catholic the robes will have crosses or something like that and if your religion is like nature based the robes will have trees, leaves, etc. And the question also goes for the other classes

Thanks! Regards!
  • Options
    <strong>Game Security</strong>

Is it important to AoC to prevent account stealing, bots and gold selling in game? What measures are you taking and have you already got anything in place to keep accounts safe and used by legit players only?
  • Options
    For the seasonal changes in AoC, will there be any form of seasonal clothing/armor that may provide resistance to the effects of the weather, or even enhance certain attributes? E.g. my character may have reduced walk/run speed in winter while wearing minimal clothing because he's too busy freezing to death

Thanks!
  • Options
    In animal husbandry, when an animal is "born" from breeding, will we get the opportunity to raise it, or will it be born a grown-up?
  • Options
    What stance will Intrepid studios take towards third party software, like DPS meters, quest helpers etc?

Thank you!
  • Options
    Can we have confirmation that the demon/angelic skin in the Kickstarter will be 100% unique throughout the life of the game, and that we will see nothing else resembling them in any way.

They are one of the biggest perks to the package in my opinion, and I would like to back at that tier. But I am concerned that down the line we will end up seeing skins that are very similar minus maybe a unique particle effect, different horns, slightly different wings, etc. I am very concerned I am going to get a slap in the face down the line and would like this to be cleared up since similar posts on the forums were never answered.
  • Options
    Regarding Naval content, will the Fishing skill be impacted by the players ships? (large net fishing off the side/back end of the ship or is fishing limited to a shore with a fishing rod?
    additional thought for fun... Thoughts on a node in the middle of the sea? (City on water, Seige by ship, Laviathan encounter when it's sea has been disturbed due to city size, etc)
  • Options
    Will the game have a map screen, and if so, what will you see on it?
  • Options
    Can we decide where the nodes are going to be? Would it be possible to make a dwarven city inside a mountain like in the hobbit?
  • Options
    How many nodes will be in the world, how many of each stage can there be at once for example will there be something like 20 camps, 10 villages, and 5 metropolis.
  • Options
    Are social organizations going to be in war with eachother permanently? For example if I’m a member of Thieves Guild i would like to hunt down members of Trader’s Company without any corruption.
  • Options
    Is animal taming and/or provocation a thing that bards could possibly have? If not bards, will any other class be able to do so? By provocation i mean having a monster attack another monster or even another player.