Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 24, 2017

123457»

Comments

• Can you speak to the weapon variety you want to provide?
  • Currently you have around 13,000 backers, myself included. When the game does go live, there is bound to be a very big increase in players, aside from this number. It was lightly spoken about in one of the Q & A's that there may be a population limit per server, which is great I think for this game to be successful, you can't have thousands upon thousands of people on a server or individuality becomes barely marginal. <strong>Will you have enough servers to handle an increase of 100,000 or even 200,000 people, while also having a population limit per server?</strong>
  • It would definitely lend to the sense of community if players couldn't change their names post-creation. It would allow people to become (in)famous without being able to just pay ten bucks and lose any notoriety they've gained. What are your plans for this?
  • Not sure if this has already been explained or asked earlier as I only just found out about this game not too long ago

Will there be a wether system in the game
    Like some places it will randomly rain maybe some other places will be snowing and so on
  • Can you tell us if crafting will have it's own it's skill based game/mini-game mechanics (not purely talking about Artisan Level). In other words, will crafting be "add mats to station, turn dials based on specialization and hit Craft" for your item. Or, will there some sort of skill based system that could test the player's understanding of the crafting system mechanics?

I'm thinking about VG here (if I can reference another MMO as an example).
  • Will objects have huge invisible cubes around them which stop motion, or will these motionblockers have the exact shape of the individual objects?
    (look at TERA for bad and most WoW objects for good example)
  • Are there separate "resource pools"? And if so, should that be taken into consideration when picking your secondary class?

For example, I plan on playing a fighter primary with mage secondary. And this assuming you do NOT get to pick your primary and secondary off the bat as I expect. So as I level up as a fighter (prior to picking up my mage secondary class) I would increase stamina. But when I pick up a mage secondary class, do the skills now require mana/magicka? If so, would I be able to reallocate those "attribute points" from stamina into mana/magicka?
  • Hello MMO Heros!

Could you clear this up? Will events and reactions of Nodes be random for each Node as you go and within the context of the Node's stage and position, or are they all determined in a set pattern like a choose your own adventure style?
    Thanks!
    Bringslite
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-24-2017/page/2/#post-27661">Ferista wrote:</a></div>Can you tell us what summoners will be summoning? Will it be demons, undead, monsters, elementals? Will they be permanent pets or temporary? Will you be able to summon more then one or only one at a time?

</blockquote>

This!
  • Will there be different tiers of skills? e.g. read a rare book from a raid drop and learn to cast a spell more proficiently? And if you do go down that route , will the visuals change as well? Thansk!
  • Dungeon difficulty
    I like actually having to think about pulling so we don't wipe. What to disable, how to to this and that, but I understand this probably won't fit the mass. So are there going to be several difficulty levels of dungeons, even if it makes it kind of repetitive?
  • Can we expect Cinematic Cut scenes on the big story line events/completions.
  • Will the kickstarter rewards be account wide or only available to one character per account?
  • What exactly do I drop if I'm killed in world PVP? Is corruption the only way players have a chance to drop their gear?
  • How indepth will the breeding system be? Will it just be a button click and you suddenly have a new animal or will it be more involved (Taming / Mating / gestestion periods)?
  • Will be ingame Auto Assist for Target or some kind of FOCUS marker above the Character/Mob, possible?
    For Example If you are plaing in party and someone marking the primary Target - you can Tab and sellect it immediately.
  • Most classes are in some sense “self-explanatory” regarding the role they preform, but how will the bard class work? Will it function strictly as a support class or can it preform other roles?
  • Will there be two handed spears?
  • Can you talk about the healing mechanics?
  • How high is the skillcap in the game?

Will it end up as if you know a rotation, that will be enough to compete with other players, or will greater players be able to distinguish themselves and how?
  • What will you be doing to mitigate the repetitiveness of daily quests near or at end game?
  • <blockquote class="d4pbbc-quote"><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-24-2017/#post-27654">Elvenoob wrote:</a></div>So… Read all of this before judging it… Will there be breast sliders on female characters.

Hold the torches and pitchforks, anyone who was grabbing them, I want to mention, I think adding this as an option would promote more modestly proportioned female characters, since, every MMO I’ve played which does not have this as an option, if you were to add a slider to these games, the default model would, most of the time, fall in the top 75%, at least, and often the top 90. (The mage from your mage video would be at about 90, for example)

</blockquote>

Just wanted to add, THANK YOU for the thorough explanation. I'm not going to lie - when I first read the beginning I did an eye roll thinking it was another guy wanting to know for the usual reasons (teehee). But on the explanation, I totally feel you! Also, it was worth it to see Steven get red on the livestream. ;)
  • <blockquote class="d4pbbc-quote"><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-24-2017/page/2/#post-27669">Galadeon wrote:</a></div>1. Who are the members of the Ashes of Creation technical team? (not artists the back-end creators)
    2. How does Intrepid intend to overcome the replication problem and Net Role issues with Unreal Engine?
    3. How, in detail, will the engine resolve sync issues of past FPS-based MMORPGs.
    4. How much money has been delegated to creating the back-end code?
    5. The team is historically small for a back-end netcode project. Do you intend to hire more people?
    6. Please explain if you will utilize a server cloud and the methods for load balancing severe load situations. Eg. What information will go to Server B when Server A is at capacity?
    7. How do you intend to debug the back-end code in detail?

</blockquote>

Hey Galadeon, to explain more about #2 on your list that was answered on our livestream - this is from our Director of Technology: "We're implementing our own protocol, which adds Quality-of-Service functionality to replication messages.... AND we are trimming down what gets replicated from the server and what is simulated locally.
    Net roles, on the other hand, are being tuned in a case-by-case basis. We want the game to be played the way we design it, not overrun with hackers and cheaters.
    We are adding a number of active and passive countermeasures to hacking and cheating, too."