Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Braver of Worlds Inn

Comments

• Options
    Soreal said: 
    We're in it for life, pour more barkeep :)
    Better to be a well-known drunkard than an anonymous alcoholic!
  • Options
    *arrives with two kegs of beer one on each shoulder* Looks like I brought these up just in time! Good to see some new faces, sit, sit, take a load off! Let me see that jug, there now, full jug for latter and a fresh mug for now... where is your plate? Bahhhh let me get you some food. Bards, lets get a good drinking song going!!
  • Options

*grabs his lute and prepares a song of praise for @Mazikar's kindness*

Oh...Here’s to the girls who do
    And here’s to the girls who don’t
    And here’s to the girls who say they never will,
    But when the time comes, won’t.
    But here’s to the girls most of all,
    Who say they never will:
    “I can’t. I won’t. I shan’t. I don’t!
    … but just for you, I will.”

*Cheers!* :)

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    *Places glass on table*  Give my glass to the first bard that plays, I'll pay his choice.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    *walks into the Bravers Inn, two large, bulging sacks, slung over his shoulders*

"@Mazikar!  It may have taken quite a while, but the Glumble Bee honey you so wished for is yours, my friend."

*places the sacks on the bar, revealing two large earthen jars.  Unsealing the jars, the pungently sweet aroma of honey permeates the inn*

"For you, and won at great cost, I might add.  Most of that cost incurred at the Leader of Men's Inn..." *a dark look crosses his face*  "A cost I mean to repay..."

*gives himself a shake*  "Also, I had to visit the caverns you mentioned, twice.  My first foray was successful, but I gave that honey to the Wayfarer's Inn, nearby.  Share and share alike, I always say.  So, my apologies for making you wait.  And, now..."

*makes his way to an empty booth near the singing minstrel, takes a seat, and promptly falls asleep, head falling onto the table*
  • Options
    How's everyone doing today eh?

*plops down on a char, takes out her cymbals and starts clanging a simple tune. 
  • Options

I'm good thank you, but I'm damn tired of looking around for the Leader of Men tavern as it's simply disappeared. I can't look anymore as I'm too damn thirsty. "BARKEEP, a flagon of your finest good man".

*slumps down next to @AutumnWillow*

How goes the adventure?

• Options
    *fat half unconscious lady dwarf rolls out from under a table with a trail of drool at the mouth*
  • Options
    *sitting with a bewildered look on face as observing lady Dwarf and admiring her beard
  • Options
    *fat half unconscious lady dwarf grumbles something about there not being enough ale and rolls back under the table*
  • Options
    Kratz said:

I'm good thank you, but I'm damn tired of looking around for the Leader of Men tavern as it's simply disappeared. I can't look anymore as I'm too damn thirsty. "BARKEEP, a flagon of your finest good man".

*slumps down next to @AutumnWillow*

How goes the adventure?

*Stops her clanging for a moment.

Things are going kinda slow. But I hear that they're planning to start up a new settlement up north in a couple of months. They're giving out work writs and invites for tradesmen and adventurers every week I hear. I'll see if I can get my hands on one over the next few weeks.

*Continues gently clashing her cymbals
    *CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG*
  • Options
    just thought i say hi to all the others that have no money . so cheers 
    ps . so hungry 
  • Options
    ps . so hungry 
    Pssst hide under the table with meh :D I hope they drop coins from their pockets :333
  • Options
    ps . so hungry 
    Haha, I've heard news that the Leader of Men inn has disappeared. They might have gone bankrupt after the bank creditors came a knockin'
  • Options
    You totally just gave me a reminiscent moment about a DM I used to have for DnD campaigns.  
  • Options
    My name is jeff
  • Options
    Now things are getting fun, time to break out the Brain Fizz Ale, a master mage spent hours infusing this with magics to make you a little lighter, and less likely to fall down. The side effect is you feel like your head is carbonated. Haaa haha ha ha! I kinda like it! Your belches sparkle also... I bet ya we could make a bit of a contest outa this! Come on drink it up, lets see who can do what now! Haaa haha ha! More roast beast! Come on now grab a plate! 
  • Options
    Anyone reading this who is not a Braver of Worlds backer, don't worry my seedy Inn will welcome you with open arms. The dodgier you are, the better! The wine is cheap (and mixed with piss), the harem are ready, willing, and almost as cheap as the wine!
  • Options
    I will have to stop sitting at the table with the belching bearded wombat and stomach rumbling gnome under. Although the food and ale is free I leave the tavern my coin purse significantly lighter??????
  • Options
    *waddles in, grinning broadly at everyone*

"Must have been a good night, last thing I remember was buying rounds at 'the leader of men' nothing since...
    I followed the sound of a party to here, hope you don't mind me popping in?"
  • Options
    "keep it down I'm trying to rest here"
  • Options
    xantham said:
    Anyone reading this who is not a Braver of Worlds backer, don't worry my seedy Inn will welcome you with open arms. The dodgier you are, the better! The wine is cheap (and mixed with piss), the harem are ready, willing, and almost as cheap as the wine!
    So it's you that moved the Leader of Men Inn? I want to go back there as I left my pipe there. At this point, I'm eternally grateful that I'm not a fan of wine. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    *stirs from his brief slumber, raising his head, and giving a loud yawn, as he stretches*

"Loud enough to wake the dead in here..."  *Looks around at the influx of new customers, into the inn.  His eyes narrow in recognition as his gaze falls upon the unmistakably familiar figure of @Nagash*

"Speaking of the dead..." *raises his voice, towards @Nagash*  "What are you doing here, Lord of Bones?  Last time I saw you, you were busy feeding the floor wine, at the Leaders of Men Inn.  No graves, or mortuaries, nearby to keep your interest?"
  • Options
    *stirs from his brief slumber, raising his head, and giving a loud yawn, as he stretches*

"Loud enough to wake the dead in here..."  *Looks around at the influx of new customers, into the inn.  His eyes narrow in recognition as his gaze falls upon the unmistakably familiar figure of @Nagash*

"Speaking of the dead..." *raises his voice, towards @Nagash*  "What are you doing here, Lord of Bones?  Last time I saw you, you were busy feeding the floor wine, at the Leaders of Men Inn?  No graves, or mortuaries, nearby to keep your interest?"
    "I see you got out of your cage little bird how was your flight over here didn't fall into anymore trouble I hope"  
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    A breath of fresh air, carrying with it the earthy tones of spring, lazily rolled its way into the Inn as the front door creaked open. An old, decrepit man leaned on the threshold, hunched over, supporting himself on a age worn staff of maple wood. Sharp, piercing blue eyes slowly scanned the contents of the building. A brief nod, as if to himself, and the old man began to waddle his way towards the nearest table.

"Yes, this chair. This one right here. That'll do it. Yes, yes indeed THIS is the perfect chair for me..." he said to no one in particular, his voice tinted with a soft, almost musical sound. "No other chair in this place could be the one, nope, not at all!"

The hunched old man gently set his staff to lean against a nearby table. Slowly, ever so slowly, he lowered himself with shaking arms into his targeted seat and, with a final plop, set himself down.

"Well that was a lot of work." he muttered to himself. "One of these days I need to find some spell to make that a little easier..."
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Krojak said:
    A breath of fresh air, carrying with it the earthy tones of spring, lazily rolled its way into the Inn as the front door creaked open. An old, decrepit man leaned on the threshold, hunched over, supporting himself on a age worn staff of maple wood. Sharp, piercing blue eyes slowly scanned the contents of the building. A brief nod, as if to himself, and the old man began to waddle his way towards the nearest table.

"Yes, this chair. This one right here. That'll do it. Yes, yes indeed THIS is the perfect chair for me..." he said to no one in particular, his voice tinted with a soft, almost musical sound. "No other chair in this place could be the one, nope, not at all!"

The hunched old man gently set his staff to lean against a nearby table. Slowly, ever so slowly, he lowered himself with shaking arms into his targeted seat and, with a final plop, set himself down.

"Well that was a lot of work." he muttered to himself. "One of these days I need to find some spell to make that a little easier..."
    "jesters to @freespiryt " "see this is why being dead is some times better"
  • Options
    "What in the name of Ashes is that foul stench on the air?"

The withered old man could smell something. It never lingered long, but once in a while the soft breeze from an open window would circulate the air, bringing with it the cloying smell of rotting flesh. The smell of death.

"The manager of this fine establishment needs to clean the lavatories. Yes, yes indeed. Something must of crawled into one of them and died!" the man said in his musical tone, a small chuckle escaping this thin lips as his steely blue gaze fell upon the undead one across the room.
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    "What in the name of Ashes is that foul stench on the air?"

The withered old man could smell something. It never lingered long, but once in a while the soft breeze from an open window would circulate the air, bringing with it the cloying smell of rotting flesh. The smell of death.

"The manager of this fine establishment needs to clean the lavatories. Yes, yes indeed. Something must of crawled into one of them and died!" the man said in his musical tone, a small chuckle escaping this thin lips as his steely blue gaze fell upon the undead one across the room.
    Nagash Walks up to the young man in disguise as an old withered human and grabs him in his skeletal hands by the throat

"Look what we have here, a walking bag of bones not far from my embrace. Now then do you wish to repeat what you just said meat bag."  
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    "Now now, my fine dead friend Nagash the Lich" the old man wheezed from beneath the vice like grip of the undead claw. "Surely one as old as yourself could not be so rattled by such a little barb." He chuckled through clenched teeth at his own joke. This bag of bones probably didn't get it.

With a wink of his eye, and a brief flash of bright light, the old man was suddenly sitting in a different chair on the other side of the table. "You are Nagash, also ONCE known as the Great King of the East, who ruled his kingdom far from here with an iron fist." he began, failing to get comfortable in this clearly inferior chair. "Yes, I know you "Once King Nagash". What brings you here, so far from the source of your anger and revenge?"
  • Options
    I still have no idea who you are talking about. I was on this earth for millennia I have seen empires rise and fall so my name would be known but the person you are talking about is nothing but an imposter using my name and fame to gain respect *smirks at the memory* still he did prove to have some worth while I was bored his screams were sublime