Which Class Will Be Your Main?

KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester

Which Class Will Be Your Main? 

I know we have infinite time to wait for the release* of this game we all so desperately crave, so I thought I'd run a "simple little poll" to see the breakdown of which classes excite us the most. I know that class identity is very important to each of you, so let's hear your battlecry** for your chosen profession!

Please don't worry, the information in this poll is being gathered in the name of fun!***

Disclaimer:

* Some time between tomorrow and the year 2120
** Please don't scream your Battlecry too loud. The children next door are sleeping.
***This information is strictly being gathered in the name of Science, and will in no way be used for nefarious purposes. I will in no way sell the information gathered here to the highest bidder, so that I may purchase a small island off the coast. This island will NOT be named "Krolantis", and I will NOT be sending out private invites to the people with the most money to live on my island paradise.

Which Class Will Be Your Main? 705 votes

Tank
10%
ShunexBelle-bot.exe ♡igordsmreacconPrimalinstinctTalokPuzzlesArilKadinSpaceBunny11danclearyGadgetKodonseraphusdaimads194madsRochmoninovparad0xImmoralityTXBooieGraldur 74 votes
Fighter
11%
dunbarthWonderboyBraneGamesTarlachKetchupHoodyMcStackersonSTrooperLuky685FreakycrackInfinity_NexZastroseriousSc4ndal0uSKealm13Tyrs13Ti4558IcariumIroncragWolfwingX 80 votes
Rogue
14%
AaronSchifftSintuRaindrop102PossumdracdocKronsefXMehdiXNixalDoctorLoveiNekophilippt8SasklArdulMesisPahagahec85kaEzKatValentinesSkriptchaz 105 votes
Ranger
9%
KarthosUzialPJ_RydeckerNephinchocolate42069CrazyCanukkKnifeparty112SweetLavenderGothixblunoteHeartbeatDolanCrymoarAudifreqglykonCobraKingAkaBearOyerthDiffkeySN4RE 70 votes
Mage
14%
VunakGOATRageskylarTatianaPinkberryDingoA_m_FirstTamarynThornNayukhuutLareeshaLydisanderIronMatzeOneWingedAngelGameritiDarthadenSanty182MavrosEmmybirdHoogeejohannesgotha 99 votes
Cleric
14%
MistroHigh_PriestessDeviMagvorSaintJLunarSkyOjayAliceMaquiameGrisuValeriustrubluGloryProxy_ProsperoXenantayaArchangelusJustinVixaniAIiceApok 102 votes
Summoner
14%
CambiguousWatz80InusaaEsarosaXontianSarkadoAstiKing_GilgameshKingOelcThe Talking FishMoxiuzR41D3NZKeithusMeisterArgentdawnBiggBlackManBoddaIrishBastrdRandomGnomefreespiryt 102 votes
Bard
10%
lollolkokoBrittanyOkiebooAquielDarkiebaconstineSekaElloaDaexrosLunessenceSadistic_TurtlechaosplutosylOrcishloverFortuneKenjiSamaXzernex2landmanWolfspelzRuby437 73 votes
«13456713

Comments

  • AutumnWillowAutumnWillow Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Very likely a bard. Haha. I guess I'll decide as more details are release. 

    Join the Ashes of Creation South East Asia Discord community
    You think you have what it takes to be a Bandit Lord of Baubbleshire? Sign up here!

  • KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester
    Ranger
    Very likely a bard. Haha. I guess I'll decide as more details are release. 
    A man of music! Will you be singing, playing the lute, or some other more intricate device? :)
  • DesseusDesseus Member
    Summoner
    Hard to say so early I would like more info before I make my final choice, but Summoner has be the most interested.
  • ArkanthArkanth Member ✭✭✭
    Fighter
    I'm going with fighter for the moment, but it might change to tank since I want to play with some kind of berserker class, and I'm not sure which archetype would be better as of now. 

    I'm too cool to have a signature.- Not really. | Glory to the Sky Fang Clan.
  • lexmaxlexmax Moderator mod
    Mage
    So long as I can freeze your face while simultaneously burning your a$$ from a distance ;) 

  • KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester
    Ranger
    Arkanth said:
    I'm going with fighter for the moment, but it might change to tank since I want to play with some kind of berserker class, and I'm not sure which archetype would be better as of now. 
    I get the feeling that the Fighter would lend itself to a berserker better than a tank, but that is just a gut instinct kind of call. We do need more details.
  • RivestRivest Member ✭✭
    Fighter
    I've always like playing the "Swordsman" type classes so probably the Fighter. Though if Cleric looks good I may become a healer, I always liked laughing at people try to kill me as I played ring around the rosie with a tree healing myself.

    P.S. I'd like my room to have a nice view of the ocean with a nice balcony to tan on.
  • KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester
    Ranger
    nagash said:
    You have to ask 

    No, no I don't. I had a feeling this would be your class @nagash considering your channel art and posting style :wink:
  • KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester
    Ranger
    Rivest said:
    I've always like playing the "Swordsman" type classes so probably the Fighter. Though if Cleric looks good I may become a healer, I always liked laughing at people try to kill me as I played ring around the rosie with a tree healing myself.

    P.S. I'd like my room to have a nice view of the ocean with a nice balcony to tan on.
    I believe that mutli-classing will be possible. You may be able to have your cake AND eat it too!

    You're room shall be prepared as such. The balcony will overlook the sea, with a lovely palm tree to provide you shade as needed.
  • KasutoKasuto Member
    Rogue
    Either rogue or ranger. But without knowing the skills its hard to say which one suits me better
  • KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester
    Ranger
    Kasuto said:
    Either rogue or ranger. But without knowing the skills its hard to say which one suits me better
    I'm personally debating a hybrid of both. The invisibility that the rogue seems to offer looks too good to pass up.
  • jimsan078jimsan078 Member alpha-stress-tester
    Bard
    A Bard or a Cleric, some healer class, i have always had healer as my main in all MMO games i played.
  • KasyeeKasyee Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Cleric
    I just can't decide. I think Ill do at least 8 alts xD Everything sounds so fun! :P

    The only ones I have no interest in is Fighter and Tank. Never really enjoyed them.
  • RumbleforgeRumbleforge Member alpha-stress-tester
    Tank
    Dwarven Defender!
    (Or perhaps Paladin)

    So as you might guess, I'm actually more excited about class combos.

  • BaylonaBaylona Member
    Ranger
    Wasn't actually expecting the cleric to be the most popular tbh.
    I wanna go for a Ranger & Bard hybrid.
  • KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester
    Ranger
    Dwarven Defender!
    (Or perhaps Paladin)

    So as you might guess, I'm actually more excited about class combos.
    There is a real part of me that wants to play a Dwarf Ranger/Mage. Why? IT MAKES NO SENSE!
  • KasutoKasuto Member
    Rogue
    Krojak said:
    Kasuto said:
    Either rogue or ranger. But without knowing the skills its hard to say which one suits me better
    I'm personally debating a hybrid of both. The invisibility that the rogue seems to offer looks too good to pass up.
    I was thinking the same.
    Would be awesome if ranger/rogue has a short invisibility too. Its a tough choice though
  • DesseusDesseus Member
    Summoner
    Krojak said:
    Desseus said:
    Hard to say so early I would like more info before I make my final choice, but Summoner has be the most interested.
    I wonder just how powerful the summons will be in relation to their masters. If the summon is killed, is the master near useless? I have so many questions about this class.
    Indeed, If the summoner is next to useless then powerful summons to balance it out will be needed, maybe summons for specific roles like Damage, CC, Ultility and so forth.
  • KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester
    Ranger
    Desseus said:
    Krojak said:
    Desseus said:
    Hard to say so early I would like more info before I make my final choice, but Summoner has be the most interested.
    I wonder just how powerful the summons will be in relation to their masters. If the summon is killed, is the master near useless? I have so many questions about this class.
    Indeed, If the summoner is next to useless then powerful summons to balance it out will be needed, maybe summons for specific roles like Damage, CC, Ultility and so forth.
    The summons for different purposes is probably a safe bet to happen. Now we need to figure out the power level balance between caster and summon.
  • SchismSchism Member
    Rogue
    Going for Rogue. I love exploring and adventuring, and it's the rogue-type class that makes it more immersive for me (I know it can be just as fun on other classes, but still). Not to mention the rogue classes are usually a little faster than others and I plan to keep a lookout for the corrupt/bounties lol
  • AutumnWillowAutumnWillow Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Krojak said:
    Very likely a bard. Haha. I guess I'll decide as more details are release. 
    A man of music! Will you be singing, playing the lute, or some other more intricate device? :)

    I've always had a soft spot for drums. Though the thought of running around with a flute or pipe and training all kinds of furries through a zone brings a big smile to my face. 

    Join the Ashes of Creation South East Asia Discord community
    You think you have what it takes to be a Bandit Lord of Baubbleshire? Sign up here!

  • FleelixFleelix Member alpha-stress-tester
    Rogue
    Rogue Rogue
    Rogue Mage
    Rogue Ranger



     Styx 

    [Sieges] [Arenas] [Battlegrounds]

    EU - PVP

  • DesseusDesseus Member
    Summoner
    Krojak said:
    Desseus said:
    Krojak said:
    Desseus said:
    Hard to say so early I would like more info before I make my final choice, but Summoner has be the most interested.
    I wonder just how powerful the summons will be in relation to their masters. If the summon is killed, is the master near useless? I have so many questions about this class.
    Indeed, If the summoner is next to useless then powerful summons to balance it out will be needed, maybe summons for specific roles like Damage, CC, Ultility and so forth.
    The summons for different purposes is probably a safe bet to happen. Now we need to figure out the power level balance between caster and summon.
    Agreed, personally I would be happly with a 60%-40% kind of deal with the 60% in favour of the summons, but will still need to hold our own without them, or at least survive/escape.
  • KratzKratz Member alpha-stress-tester
    Bard

    Cleric bard.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  • RumbleforgeRumbleforge Member alpha-stress-tester
    Tank
    Krojak said:
    Dwarven Defender!
    (Or perhaps Paladin)

    So as you might guess, I'm actually more excited about class combos.
    There is a real part of me that wants to play a Dwarf Ranger/Mage. Why? IT MAKES NO SENSE!


    Well, dwarven society certainly has it's own mages!  I'm sure it has the occasional ranger too....  so a Ranger/Mage? Mmmmmmm yeah, sure, it could happen! 

    I mean, if Pickle Bouldershoulder from the Forgotten Realms books can be a Druid, then I donna' doubt ye can pull this off - if the fire of the dwarven forge burns in 'yer heart! 

    And don't let those tree hugging elves tell 'ye that ye can't do it! 
    ;)

  • KrojakKrojak Member alpha-stress-tester
    Ranger
    Krojak said:
    Dwarven Defender!
    (Or perhaps Paladin)

    So as you might guess, I'm actually more excited about class combos.
    There is a real part of me that wants to play a Dwarf Ranger/Mage. Why? IT MAKES NO SENSE!


    Well, dwarven society certainly has it's own mages!  I'm sure it has the occasional ranger too....  so a Ranger/Mage? Mmmmmmm yeah, sure, it could happen! 

    I mean, if Pickle Bouldershoulder from the Forgotten Realms books can be a Druid, then I donna' doubt ye can pull this off - if the fire of the dwarven forge burns in 'yer heart! 

    And don't let those tree hugging elves tell 'ye that ye can't do it! 
    ;)
    Druid makes far more sense though! Dwarves have such a strong connection to the earth, it can be logically explained.

    The arcane arts, however? Spending loads of time above ground roaming the woods with a bow? These are very un-Dwarf like.
  • EragaleEragale Member, Alpha 1 Stress Test alpha-stress-tester
    I honestly can't choose atm. 
    Mainly because i'm still wondering how the Class & their Abilities will intertwine

    I was under the impression that all Classes can, essentially, become all roles
    (Tank,DPS or Healer. And any mixes ) 
    Just that some Classes will have more ... "emphasis" on their role, but not noticeable to to where it'll be unbalanced.

    In addition, I prefer to challenge myself with the Hardest to play with.

    So Cleric or Bard would have to be my default for now.
  • RumbleforgeRumbleforge Member alpha-stress-tester
    Tank
    Krojak said:
    Krojak said:
    Dwarven Defender!
    (Or perhaps Paladin)

    So as you might guess, I'm actually more excited about class combos.
    There is a real part of me that wants to play a Dwarf Ranger/Mage. Why? IT MAKES NO SENSE!


    Well, dwarven society certainly has it's own mages!  I'm sure it has the occasional ranger too....  so a Ranger/Mage? Mmmmmmm yeah, sure, it could happen! 

    I mean, if Pickle Bouldershoulder from the Forgotten Realms books can be a Druid, then I donna' doubt ye can pull this off - if the fire of the dwarven forge burns in 'yer heart! 

    And don't let those tree hugging elves tell 'ye that ye can't do it! 
    ;)
    Druid makes far more sense though! Dwarves have such a strong connection to the earth, it can be logically explained.

    The arcane arts, however? Spending loads of time above ground roaming the woods with a bow? These are very un-Dwarf like.
    This is true, no arguing that.   Traditionally, most of our dwarven magics come from the divine side of the spectrum and not through wizardry, witchcraft, or sorcery! 

    But you know, those Niküa dwarves seem like an odd bunch..... I could easily see one of them taking that sort of path.   (Damn hippy dwarves! ;)  )But no matter what kind of dwarf ye be, ye can accomplish anything if ye put your mind to it! ;)


«13456713
Sign In or Register to comment.