Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Class Will Be Your Main?

Comments

• Options
    Depending on how the archetype is setup as and what will follow I would have to go with a ranger w/ the hopes duel swords may be an option (and archery as a 2nd or reverse). (which would only lead up to an elf as the chosen race)

But I would also follow the path of to creating 3 other characters two of which would be aimed at pure magic for both healing (white mage - elf), and destruction (black mage - dark elf or other).

On my number 4th slot I would most likely aim at a paladin w/ healing effects...(not yet a front line hitter but enough to double as a healer when needed)

And of course if I wanted to experiment I would create an all round classed human w/ a mix of what ever I could get into.
  • Options
    Whatever will let me be a Tul'nar Monk.
    Because... claw hands, baby!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'm looking into and interested in the Dwarf -  Tank/Bard - Tard , sounds like it may be a lot of fun even though we haven't heard anything about the BARD!
  • Options
    got to say, Krolantis sounds interesting for an island that doesn't exist...
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    @AutumnWillow

Oh I remember that. But I'm hoping that they're won't  be a noticeable Role Difference.
    I envisioned an intricate Class-Role along with its abilities that goes with it.
    In other words:

All Rangers, Tanks, Fighters and Mages can become a DPS, a Healer and  a Tank
    ( thought i should clarify )
    Including any Combinations of the 3
    Along with the "Augments" that was mentioned

Each having is own unique Skills & Abilities that can also be affect by Augments.

... I'm still just hoping they consider implementing my idea of Crafting Abilities   > ~ <  
    Would really make it awesome ^~^

( something I mentioned in a Separate Discussion:
    https://ashesofcreation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/21210/crafting-abilities#latest )

Ah I get what you mean. I initially thought that as well. primary + secondary class creating a totally unique 3 class that may or may not belong to the primary archetype chosen.

After hearing the explanations from the team, I'm still pleased with the way that it'll turn out. Making it clearer for people when they choose their primary class, that's the role they'll probably end up doing for that character.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Kratz said:
    Only 9% Bard? Cool - I can charge more for my songs!
    Unless you meet a fighter/bard who's at 7%. heh
    Sing me a song, you're the piano-man.
    i was actually thinking of going with cymbals. But I think I can still carry off that song if the Cash Shop sold fancy glasses.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Kratz said:
    Only 9% Bard? Cool - I can charge more for my songs!
    Unless you meet a fighter/bard who's at 7%. heh
    Sing me a song, you're the piano-man.
    i was actually thinking of going with cymbals. But I think I can still carry off that song if the Cash Shop sold fancy glasses.
  • Options
    But it WILL exist. Mark my words!
  • Options
    Exotic Tavern Crawl incoming!
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Exotic Tavern Crawl incoming!
    Everyone's invited! The mead is on @Tuffman29

• Options
    Hoody said:

I Didn't choose Fighter, Fighter chose me.

P.S. I love how everyone thinks Fighter is going to be THE easy class.. when in fact Ranger is THE easy class more often than not..Its too early to know these things..
    You know what you want and you commit to it.  I like it!!

Fighter type classes aren't really "easy" so much as they are always straight-forward when compared to other classes.  You pick a fighter, and you can pretty much guarantee you know what you're getting.
  • Options
    Normally I would probably have gone cleric but that summoner class is just very appealing to my control an army of the undead or something like that goals.... this could also be because of the book i just finished "awaken online."
  • Options
    Xolver said:
    Normally I would probably have gone cleric but that summoner class is just very appealing to my control an army of the undead or something like that goals.... this could also be because of the book i just finished "awaken online."
    Cleric/summoner and Summoner/cleric sound like pretty interesting combinations. In fact I think Cleric combos with several classes are appealing to me.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Xolver said:
    Cleric/summoner and Summoner/cleric sound like pretty interesting combinations. In fact I think Cleric combos with several classes are appealing to me.
    Agreed, i was also thinking about being able to heal your minions or say for the cleric/summoner maybe be able to summon minions that have cleric abilities would be really awesome.
  • Options
    Fighter then cleric, classic paladin. 
  • Options
    I'm likely going to play more than one class but I went with Summoner on this poll. I've always been drawn to classes with pets and the Summoner type class has always been my favorite with a Ranger class being a close second. Ultimately it's going to depend on how the various classes develop and how much fun I have playing that class/subclass.
  • Options
    Xolver said:
    lexmax said:
    Xolver said:
    Agreed, i was also thinking about being able to heal your minions or say for the cleric/summoner maybe be able to summon minions that have cleric abilities would be really awesome.
    Summoning healing minions that heal you as you heal others. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Mage-Bard, so my fireballs will carry a beautiful song of destruction to my enemies.

Or, Summoner-Bard (Bard-Summoner?), so I can summon a traveling orchestra to perform with me at taverns. #Neveralone

But, somehow I doubt augments will work this way!  I honestly have no idea atm.  I'll decide over the course of the alpha and beta testing (considering changes and improvements).
  • Options
    Good to see bards in the lower percentage. Ill be in high demand for party entertainment!!!

-- Bandit --
  • Options
    an almost even spread...Not sure Korlantis will get funded with this information...
  • Options
    Imagine a 8 man raid team of nothing but summoners with each of the different subclasses. I will call its the the cabal of Summoners
  • Options
    I always prefer to play classes/builds that allow me to strengthen my allies and cripple our enemies - to tip the scales of chance in our favor, as it were.   ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Does Discord count as a game? 'Cause it really should  :'(

MT

Uh... sorry guys... wrong chat.
  • Options
    Mazikar said:
    Fighter then cleric, classic paladin. 
    Paladin is Tank/Cleric, its one of the few combinations that have been confirmed.
  • Options
    Going rogue primarily because I like the benefits that come with stealth. Juggling between tank and cleric as secondary based on the info we have on how augments work.

I also find joy in a bit of trolling so hopefully we have something like a sleep/mez to make ppl nervous of the inevitable doom lol

Also keep in mind, the ppl that check out forums in the first place are a community in and of itself. For example, some that use reddit will never set foot over here on the official website
  • Options
    Definitely going to try out cleric first, 'cause I always gravitated towards healers. Being self-sufficient health-wise allows for an easy time while doing stuff solo. Also really interested in bard, mage and summoner. I wonder how these will cross with each other and what combinations will come out of it, so it's kinda hard to name a specific pick at this point.
  • Options
    After reviewing some of the things said about some of the classes my main will most likely be a Rouge/ranger but I will still play quite a bit of other classes
  • Options
    My most favorite time in WoW was when I was an elemental shaman in Wraith (Yes, I'm a wraith baby!). I enjoyed it the most with a mixture of DPS and buffing, well being capable of giving off heals to assist the healer (I'll never forget the time in Halls of Reflection with my friends). I hope to experience the fun of a support role again, and if not then I'd probably become a cleric. I'm sure I'll be an obvious minority playing an orc bard or cleric so I'll stand out in situations.  :D
  • Options
    My most favorite time in WoW was when I was an elemental shaman in Wraith (Yes, I'm a wraith baby!). I enjoyed it the most with a mixture of DPS and buffing, well being capable of giving off heals to assist the healer (I'll never forget the time in Halls of Reflection with my friends). I hope to experience the fun of a support role again, and if not then I'd probably become a cleric. I'm sure I'll be an obvious minority playing an orc bard or cleric so I'll stand out in situations.  :D
    I enjoyed playing ele and resto shammys in WoW. I'm thinking that the equivalent to a shaman in AoC might be the Cleric/Mage or Mage/Cleric combo. Very little is known right now though, best info/speculation I can find at the moment is here:
  • Options
    @lexmax I've been thinking a lot about different archetype crossovers and how they could possibly play out. Thank you for the link, very insightful information!