Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Class Will Be Your Main?

Comments

• Options
    Well looks like there will be no shortage of healers.. lot of clerics in that poll
  • Options
    Im a dwarvish bard in the making \o/
    im amazed that there are more tanks than fighters at the moment :0
    maybe support people are more likely to be forum users xD
    who knows xD
  • Options
    If I could be a bard that plays the violin, that would be tremendous!
  • Options
    Clerics and bards forever ????
  • Options
    All us support people have flocked to AoC because so many mmos think people don't want to heal as a class aha
  • Options
    Summoners sound like the versatile class so I might make them my main.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I will defend my guild,
    I will defend my party,
    I will defend my dps, 
    I will defend my healer,
    I will die for the cause,

And I will be denied death
    EVERY
    DAMN
    TIME

come at me
    By all means, try and stop 'em. I won't stand in your way. Beat them back, chop them down, hold the line, carry the day. Cover yourself in glory, or in guts, it makes no difference to me. Or to the dead, for that matter. You're just postponing the inevitable, lad. Mark my words, they'll get us all in the end 
    What server are you going to play on. I'll cry for victory.
    I'll herald the morn to our enemies mourn. Bring the very destruction that led our gods astray and plunder the very homes of those that plan our cities demise.
    I will raise my shield aloft to the Valkyrie that looks down awaiting the day. the day she can lay her tender lips upon mine, but nay.  the day is not today.
    Nay is tomorrow that day.
    Death will reach for me and be repelled by the loving glance of clerics devoted.

The cause.
    The cause to defy pure evil that stirs within our realm will be my focus. my hearth it;s very soul.
    Though i may go, I will return. reborn, and furious.
  • Options
    I will most likely play a fighter. I want to play a rogue but the odds of my doing so are low. So yes, rogue. I mean fighter. Or a summoner. Definitively, maybe. 

• Options
    @Ghyx I know right! a wet noodle damage type should at least be effective in pvp for the annoyance factored damage bonus of 10000%.

I do see a pretty nice spread here though looks like most if not all combos with be amply represented.
  • Options
    Can not wait until we get more information to start to really narrow this down.  For now picking Rogue but Ranger and Summoner are also interesting to me.
  • Options
    Somewhere between an offensive spell-casting Cleric and a support mage. Like Rift's Cleric, or old school WoW elemental shaman before totem changes. Medium armor, ability to buff group, be self reliant on heals, but mostly focused on ranged dps.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Don't know what I'll have as a main yet

Edit: but the ones that interest me are Rouge, mage, ranger, and summoner
  • Options
    Nice to see people choosing a broad range of choices from the outset! 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'm a scholar at heart, so all the classes I play in RP games, tend to be magically inclined.  I'm really curious to see how the summoner class looks, when the devs get around to fleshing out the classes, and showing the player base how each one operates.

I would love to be able to summon dark, shadowy creatures from the nether regions, to rip the souls from my ill-fated adversaries, and watch as they cry, screaming into the abyss!  

"GET THEE HENCE, THOUST INCONSEQUENTIAL SPECK OF DUNG!!  FALL TO THY DOOM,  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

*clears throat*

Or, just play a cleric.  Whichever.  
  • Options
    I've always been a full support player; Priest in Tera, Caretaker in Archeage, Spiritshaper in Rev Online and a Life wizard in Wizard101. It is my goal to help people in anyway i can :smile:
  • Options
    With the info we have so far, I'm at a 50/50 split between tank and cleric.  I'm REALLY curious to see how the secondary class impacts the tanking and healing styles!

I want to be a cleric/summoner that can call little healing minions to aid my party members.  Here's hoping that's the direction they go with it.  ^.^
  • Options
    @AutumnWillow

Oh I remember that. But I'm hoping that they're won't  be a noticeable Role Difference.
    I envisioned an intricate Class-Role along with its abilities that goes with it.
    In other words:

All Rangers, Tanks, Fighters and Mages can become a DPS, a Healer and  a Tank
    ( thought i should clarify )
    Including any Combinations of the 3
    Along with the "Augments" that was mentioned

Each having is own unique Skills & Abilities that can also be affect by Augments.

... I'm still just hoping they consider implementing my idea of Crafting Abilities   > ~ <  
    Would really make it awesome ^~^

( something I mentioned in a Separate Discussion:
    https://ashesofcreation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/21210/crafting-abilities#latest )
  • Options
    Well from this we know one of two things either we will have mostly healers or all the healers there ever will be have voted :P As for me tree dwarf ranger/bard ship captain will be my goals.
  • Options
    But you know, those Niküa dwarves seem like an odd bunch..... I could easily see one of them taking that sort of path.   (Damn hippy dwarves! ;)  )But no matter what kind of dwarf ye be, ye can accomplish anything if ye put your mind to it! ;)

You sir have triggered me :P I WILL BE THE KING OF THE HIPPY DWARVES WE SHALL PLUNDER YOUR HOMES PILLAGE YOUR VILLAGES AND .. dam whats in this vape.. Ok fine maybe I'm a stereotype but I'm a happy tree dwarf :smile:
  • Options
    I'm planning on playing a 2h parry/ evasion tank so.... maybe tank x rogue or ranger? depending on the subclass benifits
  • Options
    Tank here. LF DPS & Heals.

Just practicing.  :)
  • Options
    Quick make friends with the clerics! =p
  • Options
    I'm probably gonna go with summoner depending on what we hear between now and release. I'm personally hoping that some of these classes will have attributes that help outside of combat and I'm also hoping for summoners to be able to summon things that help craft or something along those lines
  • Options
    Most likely mage. I have always loved magic systems. What my secondary class will be, I am unsure of. With all the possibilities I will need a full list of the classes and the combinations before making a final choice.
  • Options
    In most MMORPGs im a altaholic and will play one of every class. Hopefully i can control it because I dont want 64 characters. But the Predator and Paladin has always been my favorites and a necromancy warrior (sort of like WoWs DeathKnights)
  • Options
    I'm interested by three classes at the moment Bard, Cleric, Ranger. I'm usually always playing a healers in MMORPG, however this time I'd like to be a little more offensive, because I will really want to explore. I'm thinking of a build that would mix up nice adventuring skills and some healing. Also, I want a bow as weapon. Unless killing with a harp is a thing.
    So for now, my idea would be to find a suitable combination. Maybe Ranger-Cleric, Bard-Cleric, Bard-Ranger, Cleric-Bard ... I will have to see.

Voted Bard cause from the three its the class that attract me most
  • Options
    summoner for me for now untill they release more information it might change.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Krojak said:
    Desseus said:
    Hard to say so early I would like more info before I make my final choice, but Summoner has be the most interested.
    I wonder just how powerful the summons will be in relation to their masters. If the summon is killed, is the master near useless? I have so many questions about this class.
    Well, when it comes to this I must put in a serious report *for once* This is how I would make the summoner class. Say you are a level 10 summoner, you could have control of two low-level minions that are around 35% of your max hp and 25% of your DPS which may seem low but this will be explained later on.

So when you reach level 25 you have the option to summon more low-level minions with the same stat line but up to four (or six if you picked the summoner subclass on top) now that means you have a small group that can tank and do a large amount of DPS as it burst damage spread to four people. The other option is to still have two low-level minions but you can also create a mid-level minion like a death knight for tanking which would have taunt with 110% of your hp but only 20% of your DPS or a shadow rogue for DPS which has 50% of your hp and 90% of your DPS. with this you have the choice of having a small army of weak minions or a small elite force to do your bidding. 

The summoner should also be weak in early game as he/she is still learning the powers of summoning which would mean only weak minions can be summoned while in late game or max level you should be one of the strongest classes due to the power creep. I have a more in-depth working of this but as we have no info as of yet it's all speculation so this basic guide is how I think it should be implemented but again it's all speculation. 
    Sounds very interesting Nagash, hopefully the class works out to be something like this.
  • Options
    Either tank or fighter but who knows until more information is available...
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I will defend my guild,
    I will defend my party,
    I will defend my dps, 
    I will defend my healer,
    I will die for the cause,

And I will be denied death
    EVERY
    DAMN
    TIME

come at me
    By all means, try and stop 'em. I won't stand in your way. Beat them back, chop them down, hold the line, carry the day. Cover yourself in glory, or in guts, it makes no difference to me. Or to the dead, for that matter. You're just postponing the inevitable, lad. Mark my words, they'll get us all in the end 
    What server are you going to play on. I'll cry for victory.
    I'll herald the morn to our enemies mourn. Bring the very destruction that led our gods astray and plunder the very homes of those that plan our cities demise.
    I will raise my shield aloft to the Valkyrie that looks down awaiting the day. the day she can lay her tender lips upon mine, but nay.  the day is not today.
    Nay is tomorrow that day.
    Death will reach for me and be repelled by the loving glance of clerics devoted.

The cause.
    The cause to defy pure evil that stirs within our realm will be my focus. my hearth it;s very soul.
    Though i may go, I will return. reborn, and furious.

Lucky creatures. At long last you have found the tranquility of death. I was like you, once, clinging to life and blind to the truth. When I uncovered the truth, I too shuddered and paled with fear. Deep in these catacombs, I was remade. Here, my brethren slumbered for eons while the living grew like weed.

My Lord knew this day would come. He had plans for us all. We would purge this world once more. So come, poor victims of life. We will grant you tranquility in these crypts.

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead do not fight one another. The dead have no desires, no petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace