Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Class Will Be Your Main?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Wish I.S would show some gameplay of fighters :sweat:

TBH ranger/mage is so going to be sexy as well.
  • Options
    I'm sure I'll be an obvious minority playing an orc bard or cleric so I'll stand out in situations.  :D
    I think an Orc bard is someone like chanter or a storyteller (in the sense of "keeper of stories"), at least that fits the most common fantasy orc archetype. Might be completely different depending on the type of the orc you're going to choose (Ren'Kai or Vek).
  • Options
    Lilem said:
    I'm sure I'll be an obvious minority playing an orc bard or cleric so I'll stand out in situations.  :D
    I think an Orc bard is someone like chanter or a storyteller (in the sense of "keeper of stories"), at least that fits the most common fantasy orc archetype. Might be completely different depending on the type of the orc you're going to choose (Ren'Kai or Vek).

I'll probably go Vek, since from the Kickstarter, appear more magic orientated. I'm also fond of the color green; the crimson color seems more off-putting to me unless I can take a more demonic stance on Ren'Kai appearance. I think I forgot what you said from playing WoW for so long and watching Orcs shown to warmonger in both MoP and WoD. Despite there being some displays of the contrary, everyone talks about them in that manner. It honestly slipped my mind. 

I enjoy the more shamanistic aspects of common orcish culture, and the fact the entire Vek follow this (Allowing Ren'Kai the more warmonger portion) gets me excited. It allows me to get into my character when I could see him as a wise man who gives console on the possibility of the future, who goes deep into mystical caverns to gather herbs for alchemy, and hopefully (with enough variety) is decorated in paint and tattoos. 

I guess all I got is my imagination until there are more details out!
  • Options
    @Orcishlover I know what you're talking about.. Orcs were always served as these battle-hungry race of beastmen (with some sense of honor, but still) in Warcraft, especially in MoP when Garrosh showed his true colors. I wanted him dead SO BAD, I was almost screaming when we killed him in the Siege of Orgrimmar!

However, there are also examples of more spiritual and calm orcs, such as the Shadowmoon clan pre-Ner'Zul, for example. They strike me as almost serene and very in tune with nature and stars. Maybe this is more close to what a true orc gentleman likes B)
  • Options
    rogue/fighter for sure!  >:)
  • Options
    Hard to say so early I would like more info before I make my final choice, but Mage has me the most interested at the moment.  Haha. I guess I'll decide as more details are release. 
  • Options
    WolfwingX said:
    TBH ranger/mage is so going to be sexy as well.
    This is what I wanted to do
  • Options
    Bard/Bard or Bard/Cleric or Bard/Summoner. Need more info on how the augments will work. 50% of the reason I backed this game is because their is a Bard class. Im floored they are a caster not a melee class. I love new twists so I cant wait to see more info on this topic. Bard spell caster huh :smile:
  • Options
    Nanfoodle said:
    Bard/Bard or Bard/Cleric or Bard/Summoner. <...> Im floored they are a caster not a melee class.
    My guess is that Bards could be a melee class too, depending on the secondary class. For example, Bard/Warrior or Bard/Rogue.
  • Options
    Super early to say, but I'm totes thinking bard. It'll be interesting.
  • Options
    Mine will be a big no
  • Options
    It's gonna be a cleric for me .. for sure :3
    Maybe Cleric / Summoner .. Frankly, I'm just dreaming about summoning an angel xD pls dream with me <3
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    But it WILL exist. Mark my words!
    This just in, @Krojak will be spending 100% of his game time trying to rename an island after himself.

Quick, everyone!! Develop literally every other node on the mainland so that his island stays populated by lean-to's and straw mats.
  • Options
    I'll probably start of as a tank..Although a lot of classes seem interesting. 
  • Options
    Tank/Summoner or Tank/Healer sounds pretty juicy to me.
  • Options
    My main will be the first character that i choose 
  • Options
    I'm tempted to change mine to a more fighter build. It's so hard to choose!
  • Options
    I'm sure many will change as more info is released, but if I end up as a staff carrying Elf I'll be gutted :(
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Kratz said:
    I'm sure many will change as more info is released, but if I end up as a staff carrying Elf I'll be gutted :(
    IF I told you, and this is a BIG IF, that I was thinking about... playing an elf, would you disown me?

scrambles for cover
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Kratz said:
    IF I told you, and this is a BIG IF, that I was thinking about... playing an elf, would you disown me?

scrambles for cover
    Not for all the camels in Saudi! You'd have to change your sig though....far too manly for an Elf :D
  • Options
    I'm suprised fighter is so few x.x and I thought there would be more bards XD interesting result so far :3
  • Options
    @Krojak never be afraid release your inner elf!

@Kratz you're coming up short on tolerance as always, I see.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    @Krojak never be afraid release your inner elf!

@Kratz you're coming up short on tolerance as always, I see.
    Damn you and your puns! :D
  • Options
    I think people who choose to be the tanks/fighters  are pretty special and unique in that they have to specialize.  They have a lot of responsibility and many don't want that.  Some say it's boring as they do with healers, I just thing they don't know how to play the role to the max.  Also they don't want to depend on others as most tanks need to do.

The dps people are more interested in numbers and surviving and the tanks help them with that. 

Just my thoughts.  
  • Options
    I think people who choose to be the tanks/fighters  are pretty special and unique in that they have to specialize.  They have a lot of responsibility and many don't want that.  Some say it's boring as they do with healers, I just thing they don't know how to play the role to the max.  Also they don't want to depend on others as most tanks need to do.

The dps people are more interested in numbers and surviving and the tanks help them with that. 

Just my thoughts.  
    As much as I said Ranger to start this thread, I'm leaning towards tank. It just feels like a role that a GM should adopt.
  • Options
    Krojak said:

Just my thoughts.  
    As much as I said Ranger to start this thread, I'm leaning towards tank. It just feels like a role that a GM should adopt.
    Now that you mention it, early game my first character will probably be a tank. There are too many unknowns out there to be wearing a napkin for armor.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Krojak said:

Just my thoughts.  
    Now that you mention it, early game my first character will probably be a tank. There are too many unknowns out there to be wearing a napkin for armor.
    A napkin is ok, if it is magically reinforced :)
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    lexmax said:
    Krojak said:

Just my thoughts.  
    Sure. I bet that's what you tell all the mages before you run them through :frowning:
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Krojak said:
    lexmax said:
    Krojak said:

Just my thoughts.  
    Sure. I bet that's what you tell all the mages before you run them through :frowning:
    Sure, their paper is magically enhanced, but my sword is filled with the light of righteousness! 

Or something like that lol
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Sure, their paper is magically enhanced, but my sword is filled with the light of righteousness! 

Or something like that lol
    You keep telling yourself that, crusader, until @Umji comes along with a big rock to smash your shiny one-handed scissors :tongue: