Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Class Will Be Your Main?

Comments

• Options
    I want to be a Dwarf Bard and I assume that really isn't a natural choice either. I'm hoping that they'll allow each race to lean towards all classes but link it maybe to either of the two race options, so Dunir is more of a tank warrior while the Nikua are more melodic and partial to the arcane? I dunno.  
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    I honestly can't choose atm. 
    Mainly because i'm still wondering how the Class & their Abilities will intertwine

I was under the impression that all Classes can, essentially, become all roles
    (Tank,DPS or Healer. And any mixes ) 
    Just that some Classes will have more ... "emphasis" on their role, but not noticeable to to where it'll be unbalanced.

In addition, I prefer to challenge myself with the Hardest to play with.

So Cleric or Bard would have to be my default for now.

I think your primary class determines your role. And your secondary class tweaks and modifies the role. But a tank/Cleric will still be more of a tank rather than a healer. 

It'd be a Paladin infact. 
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    I want to be a Dwarf Bard and I assume that really isn't a natural choice either. I'm hoping that they'll allow each race to lean towards all classes but link it maybe to either of the two race options, so Dunir is more of a tank warrior while the Nikua are more melodic and partial to the arcane? I dunno.  
    A Dwarven Bard is perfect!  Don't 'ye know that us dwarves have a deep tradition of songs that celebrate our victories and triumphs?  It's one of our best ways we pass on our tales to new generations!  

Why, as a Dwarven Bard, 'ye practically would be part of the education system!  ;)
  • Options
    Hopefully you're correct @Rumbleforge.
  • Options
    Magic above sword. Mage/Wizard/Witches  UNITE!
  • Options
    Still deciding between Ranger/Mage or Mage/Ranger.... need to wait for more information about the classes....
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Here's a dwarven song you can practice in the mean time! ;)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

YouTube search Song of Durin (Complete Edition) - Clamavi De Profundis if link doesn't show. 

• Options
    I'm going to be a fluffy tank.
  • Options
    I'm going with fighter  because of the survivability and the damage...hope we can use axes and 2hs. 
  • Options
    WolfwingX said:
    I'm going with fighter  because of the survivability and the damage...hope we can use axes and 2hs. 

They've said that armor isn't class restricted, which makes me wonder (hope) that the same is true for weapons. 

• Options
    WolfwingX said:

They've said that armor isn't class restricted, which makes me wonder (hope) that the same is true for weapons. 

I am hoping. I understand that it would a lot of balancing/programming but would be so worth it. 
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Here's a dwarven song you can practice in the mean time! ;)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

YouTube search Song of Durin (Complete Edition) - Clamavi De Profundis if link doesn't show. 

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed that :)
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Desseus said:
    Hard to say so early I would like more info before I make my final choice, but Summoner has be the most interested.
    I wonder just how powerful the summons will be in relation to their masters. If the summon is killed, is the master near useless? I have so many questions about this class.
    Well, when it comes to this I must put in a serious report *for once* This is how I would make the summoner class. Say you are a level 10 summoner, you could have control of two low-level minions that are around 35% of your max hp and 25% of your DPS which may seem low but this will be explained later on.

So when you reach level 25 you have the option to summon more low-level minions with the same stat line but up to four (or six if you picked the summoner subclass on top) now that means you have a small group that can tank and do a large amount of DPS as it burst damage spread to four people. The other option is to still have two low-level minions but you can also create a mid-level minion like a death knight for tanking which would have taunt with 110% of your hp but only 20% of your DPS or a shadow rogue for DPS which has 50% of your hp and 90% of your DPS. with this you have the choice of having a small army of weak minions or a small elite force to do your bidding. 

The summoner should also be weak in early game as he/she is still learning the powers of summoning which would mean only weak minions can be summoned while in late game or max level you should be one of the strongest classes due to the power creep. I have a more in-depth working of this but as we have no info as of yet it's all speculation so this basic guide is how I think it should be implemented but again it's all speculation. 
  • Options
    *heals & buffs*
  • Options
    The drunken dwarven ranger shall return!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Right now I'm leaning mage just because of the levitating shield. Seems very convenient and may be very powerful when pvping to gain ground to places others can't (effectively shutting them down from killing you)

But the summoner also had me quit interested. Depending on what kind of summons, and how weak the class is by itself.
  • Options
    Right now I'm leaning mage just because of the levitating shield. Seems very convenient and may be very powerful when pvping to gain ground to places others can't (effectively shutting them down from killing you)

But the summoner also had me quit interested. Depending on what kind of summons, and how weak the class is by itself.
    you are a headless horseman and you pick mage over summoner? we need to have a chat my friend 
  • Options
    I have always had a special place in my heart for the Ranger class even from D&D days throughout all the games I've played.  So, I'd like to think it'll be my main, though it might be a tie between Ranger and Summoner.  And hell yes I'll be making Ranger/Summoner and Summoner/Ranger characters.  lol

At the end of the day, I'll make one of each and see how I like them, though there are soooooo many combinations I don't know if I'll be able to do all of them, but at the least I will do quite a few and see how I like them. 

I'm an Altoholic.  We are many.  We are I.
  • Options
    I'm an Altoholic.  We are many.  We are I.
    Interesting. I never makes alts. All or nothing with the first character for me.
  • Options
    Taking into account the OWPVP aspect of this game a toon that can gain seperation when attacked, kite and hopefully pull the attacker into friendly fire seems like a good plan.
    Of course untill we see the skills etc i'm not sure which class will be best suited to this however based purley on speculation I am thinking a Ranger/rogue. B)
  • Options
    I usually default to mage as my main spec, although I am completely open to changing as we find out more info / see vids of each class :)

I find that mage usually requires a more cerebral style, particularly in PvP, that I really enjoy. And, from the class description, I like the idea that groups will need me to manipulate the environment in some way for PvE content!

Having said that, I will also be closely considering the ranger, fighter, and summoner :smiley:
  • Options
    Paladin Tank because i will meatwall and heal the squishies. While preferably having enough dps to not feel like my sword is a wet noodle.
  • Options
    As long as classes are balanced anything will be fun.

I always end up playing all classes over time, simply because I want to experience everything.

I usually start with ranger as my first character, and then later on chose other classes for alts.
  • Options
    Bannith said:
    Paladin Tank because i will meatwall and heal the squishies. While preferably having enough dps to not feel like my sword is a wet noodle.
    ^^ this has always been my biggest issue with playing as a tank and/or healer in other games. The leveling process is an absolute nightmare if you are trying to play solo and your class hits like it skipped arm day at the gym for the past 20 years.
  • Options
    since i don't have to be a boring  Shield-Tank, a Tank i will be!!

• Options
    I like the idea of Tank/Cleric or Cleric/Tank at the moment.

I like tanking/healing but I like PvP a lot too so hopefully there will be some viability in that regard.
  • Options
    I'm going for the fighter. I really love my axe. It's a strange relationship but I love it. 
  • Options
    I will be a mage, I am big into role play and have also role played as an even mage! Can not wait ^-^ 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I will defend my guild,
    I will defend my party,
    I will defend my dps, 
    I will defend my healer,
    I will die for the cause,

And I will be denied death
    EVERY
    DAMN
    TIME

come at me
  • Options
    I will defend my guild,
    I will defend my party,
    I will defend my dps, 
    I will defend my healer,
    I will die for the cause,

And I will be denied death
    EVERY
    DAMN
    TIME

come at me
    By all means, try and stop 'em. I won't stand in your way. Beat them back, chop them down, hold the line, carry the day. Cover yourself in glory, or in guts, it makes no difference to me. Or to the dead, for that matter. You're just postponing the inevitable, lad. Mark my words, they'll get us all in the end