Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Class Will Be Your Main?

Comments

• Options
    lexmax said:
    Krojak said:
    Sure, their paper is magically enhanced, but my sword is filled with the light of righteousness! 

Or something like that lol
    You keep telling yourself that, crusader, until @Umji comes along with a big rock to smash your shiny one-handed scissors :tongue:
    Big rock can't hit me in the sky young elf :)
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Big rock can't hit me in the sky young elf :)
    Are you super sure about that? :wink:

• Options
    IS @Umji the hulk!?
  • Options
    LOL, no idea my plate wearing friend. I can't understand anything he/she/it says :lol:
  • Options
    Cleric, definitely.  I find healing more satisfying than other roles in MMOs.
  • Options
    Hahhaha, I would like to go fighter, Hulk challenge accepted!
    Image result for beating the hulk
  • Options
    How is it that cleric is winning? Since when were healers the role of choice? Or is everyone picking it like me because you are tired of playing with scrub healers so if you want something done right...
  • Options
    @Xantham
    Everyone wants to be viewed as the selfless healer but they know they'll be playing hard core DPS  ;)
    JK. I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate clerics here!
  • Options
    Solarion said:
    @Xantham
    Everyone wants to be viewed as the selfless healer but they know they'll be playing hard core DPS  ;)
    Selfless, pfft, I mainly played my healer so I could get insta queues :flushed:
  • Options
    Pflexmax said:
    Solarion said:
    @Xantham
    Selfless, pfft, I mainly played my healer so I could get insta queues :flushed:
    Pfft, it's all about appearances
    Image result for all about perspectiveEvery cleric is just a repressed barbarian. And Vice versa.
  • Options

• Options
    I have always liked the darker classes. So I will try the summoner first and if I am summoning things like water and fire elementals rather than zombies and demons then I will probably shift over to rogue. 
  • Options
    it really depends on balance, but I think clerics have been seeing some real survivability boosts in games as of late.
  • Options
    Necromancer or dark knight. Something evil, or at least as evil as MMOs allow people to be anymore.
  • Options
    Wow...I'm honestly really surprised that the balance has been so nice between all the classes...only a little bit of a sway between a few.  Mage and Summoner taking the lead in dps classes, of course.   lol
  • Options
    Have to agree, very pleased to see the mix!
  • Options
    I will more than likely be a tank or fighter, with a cleric secondary. Turn myself into a paladin of sorts. Of course, I will end up at least trying most class combinations because my ocd won't let me slide on not playing them all at some point. :|
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    lexmax said:
    Krojak said:
    lexmax said:
    Krojak said:
    I think people who choose to be the tanks/fighters  are pretty special and unique in that they have to specialize.  They have a lot of responsibility and many don't want that.  Some say it's boring as they do with healers, I just thing they don't know how to play the role to the max.  Also they don't want to depend on others as most tanks need to do.

The dps people are more interested in numbers and surviving and the tanks help them with that. 

Just my thoughts.  
    As much as I said Ranger to start this thread, I'm leaning towards tank. It just feels like a role that a GM should adopt.
    Now that you mention it, early game my first character will probably be a tank. There are too many unknowns out there to be wearing a napkin for armor.
    A napkin is ok, if it is magically reinforced :)
    Sure. I bet that's what you tell all the mages before you run them through :frowning:
    Sure, their paper is magically enhanced, but my sword is filled with the light of righteousness! 

Or something like that lol
    A guy in an alley once offered to show me his righteous sword. 

It's a trap.
  • Options
    Venjenz said:
    Necromancer or dark knight. Something evil, or at least as evil as MMOs allow people to be anymore.
    Where HAVE all the evil players gone? MMOs seem to have largely abandoned these storylines for some milquetoast "melting pot" of balance/goodness.
  • Options
    why do the fighting when you can create life 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    correction: create undeads.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    correction: create undeads.
    I have undead for days
  • Options
    Lack of evil players? Pffftt. 
    *covers halo with a horned hat* 
    No idea what you're talking about. 
  • Options
    I can't decide between mage and fighter :/
  • Options
    Once a tank always a tank. Now to choose between Cleric Fighter and Mage as secondary!
  • Options
    Spellcasters tend to be my favourite classes. With roots/snares and fireball one can go a long way. 
  • Options
    Gameriti said:
    I can't decide between mage and fighter :/
    Why not both? Fighter + Mage = Spellsword, or something like that.
  • Options
    Dunno. Either Fighter, Cleric, Mage, Ranger or Summoner. lol i have no idea what i'll pick. I'm a huge fan of fighter and mage classes in games if they are done correctly and "realisticly", atleast in the fighters case.
  • Options
    Dunno. Either Fighter, Cleric, Mage, Ranger or Summoner. lol i have no idea what i'll pick. I'm a huge fan of fighter and mage classes in games if they are done correctly and "realisticly", atleast in the fighters case.
    You just named half of the classes ^^
  • Options
    It really depends on what class combinations will be when they flesh out the class system. I might think I'll try a cleric/%classname% first, but I might see a class combination that will be in tune with me and go in a completely different direction.

Still pretty sure it'll be a hybrid class with various options available.