Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Information] World PvP

Comments

• that would be awsome
  • *The cleric sits down and lets the red flagged bully beat her while watching over his shoulder.
      Seconds later, a red flagged rogue jumps out and slaughters the pvp bully!
    The rogue and cleric walk away laughing.*
  • So is the PVP gonna be a anywhere any place kind of deal? 

I always enjoyed fighting over good XP locations with opposing enemies. Nothing like the good trill of killing off a party deep in a Dungeon and trying to fight your way in fast so they don't catch up and return the favor.

• @zenworld It's looking that way. Similar to Lineage 2. I'm sure you'll see "We were here first" which turns into a brawl :lol:
  • I can tell the creators for this game played Runescape, that gear dropin will have alot of people with their tail between their legs "dog cry" :D.. so u guys better think twice before ur arse get flaged lol, ill be lurkin for yall :p
  • I would imagine you want to be careful about who you attack. I'm wondering if you can just walk up and PK somebody even if they are a citizen of the same node. If you start PKing people in your own node then you will get a bad name.
  • Edit: Updated references based on discussion on Discord. I've also added more information on Caravan PvP.
  • Is ow pvp alloud everywhere or just in specific zones? If there are specific zones does these have better resources which are mandatory to progress? 
  • Muscle said:
    I can tell the creators for this game played Runescape, that gear dropin will have alot of people with their tail between their legs "dog cry" :D.. so u guys better think twice before ur arse get flaged lol, ill be lurkin for yall :p
    When you saw the White skull above someones head 30 levels into the wilderness  it was either the most terrifying or the most arousing thing ever xD
  • Ferryman said:
    Is ow pvp alloud everywhere or just in specific zones? If there are specific zones does these have better resources which are mandatory to progress? 
    Pvp is allowed everywhere. If you haven't read about the flagging system i'd recommend checking it out. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Is ow pvp alloud everywhere or just in specific zones? If there are specific zones does these have better resources which are mandatory to progress? 
    Pvp is allowed everywhere. If you haven't read about the flagging system i'd recommend checking it out. 
    Aa ok. Yes i have read about the flagging rules, but where this happens was not clear to me. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Aa ok. Yes i have read about the flagging rules, but where this happens was not clear to me. 
    Thanks for your feedback. I've edited the post to hopefully make this a little clearer.
    • non-combatant who dies suffers normal penalties, which include experience debt, durability loss, as well as dropping a percentage of carried raw materials.
      • combatant who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
    To my understanding this means that if someone ganks me, I do not fight back, and then my buddy kills him I will suffer more penalties then the person that ganked me?
    This does not make sense to me, can someone give an explanation as to why its like this?
  • J_M_O_ said:
    • non-combatant who dies suffers normal penalties, which include experience debt, durability loss, as well as dropping a percentage of carried raw materials.
      • combatant who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
    To my understanding this means that if someone ganks me, I do not fight back, and then my buddy kills him I will suffer more penalties then the person that ganked me?
    This does not make sense to me, can someone give an explanation as to why its like this?
    No, the opposite is true: You as a non-combatant (who didn't fight back) will suffer normal death penalties. The ganker, who's flagged as corrupt for killing you, will suffer three or four times your penalties and will have a chance to drop gear, weapons, loot and inventory items
  • You rock!
  • @lexmax okay, thank you that makes more sense
  • Best combat system BDO , best PvP system Tera Online. 
    AoC target combat system- me ok , I guess it is ok, they should know what are they doing.
    AoC PvP system - me , ok nice massive arenas this looks good , and than I read "For open world PvP, we have designed a flagging system that severely deters people from griefing other players". OH common the PvP players are those who getting griefed with that system , what is the problem to me to kill any player on open world ? Why do you call its griefing? It is freedom! I like to duel any player I see but the community is fulled of carebears that are discussing how make PvP player to get more penalties and make them quite from the game (like BDO did) . Make PvP server for no penalties for killing an other player and PvE server for those who dont want PvP ...
  • Ashes is a PvP and PvE game. If you want a full loot open PvP game then there are plenty of those games on the market :)
  • Eleanc said:
    Best combat system BDO , best PvP system Tera Online. 
    AoC target combat system- me ok , I guess it is ok, they should know what are they doing.
    AoC PvP system - me , ok nice massive arenas this looks good , and than I read "For open world PvP, we have designed a flagging system that severely deters people from griefing other players". OH common the PvP players are those who getting griefed with that system , what is the problem to me to kill any player on open world ? Why do you call its griefing? It is freedom! I like to duel any player I see but the community is fulled of carebears that are discussing how make PvP player to get more penalties and make them quite from the game (like BDO did) . Make PvP server for no penalties for killing an other player and PvE server for those who dont want PvP ...
    It's all a matter of opinion.   What you consider the best others may not.
    Ashes of Creation is the dream and being developed by a team to their specifications.  Not yours, not mine, theirs. You and I do have the FREEDOM to choose to play or not according to what they deem makes the game in their eyes.   

• lexmax said:
    Ashes is a PvP and PvE game. If you want a full loot open PvP game then there are plenty of those games on the market :)
    You didnt understand me right , I dont care about the loot, I care about combat and fPvP as well. I know how does the game works if there is no PvE server for PvE players. They start complaining why they are getting killed until the devs are making an update with a hard penalties for PK.
  • Eleanc said:
    lexmax said:
    Ashes is a PvP and PvE game. If you want a full loot open PvP game then there are plenty of those games on the market :)
    You didnt understand me right , I dont care about the loot, I care about combat and fPvP as well. I know how does the game works if there is no PvE server for PvE players. They start complaining why they are getting killed until the devs are making an update with a hard penalties for PK.
    All servers are the same: PVX. There are NO pve or pvp specific servers. The flagging system is not some new concept they added later, but has been part of the core concept from the beginning. If you pvp normally, you should never run into a problem. If you like to murderbox/grief, then you are going to get state slapped. I never saw the Ashes episode where they Burger King'd this game up and said "Play as you want." then restricted people's choice.
    http://www.ashesofcreation-the-odyssey.com/2017/07/pvp-flagging-and-corruption-system.html
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Eleanc said:
    lexmax said:
    All servers are the same: PVX. There are NO pve or pvp specific servers. The flagging system is not some new concept they added later, but has been part of the core concept from the beginning. If you pvp normally, you should never run into a problem. If you like to murderbox/grief, then you are going to get state slapped. I never saw the Ashes episode where they Burger King'd this game up and said "Play as you want." then restricted people's choice.
    http://www.ashesofcreation-the-odyssey.com/2017/07/pvp-flagging-and-corruption-system.html
    People would just die once and than you could not kill them again because KARMA! End of the PvP . All hail carebears.
  • @eleanc Thanks for joining the forums and letting us know your opinions. I am sure they will be given the consideration and weight they deserve. 

Thank you, and I want to mark again how it is important to have 2 servers . In our days MMORPG is full of casuals . Most of the MMORPG now are easy to play solo, from lvl 1 to lvl 100. Back to the casuals , they want to play only PvE content and stay untouched by other players, most of them just enjoy grinding . Such players are called carebears.  So they need a separate server to play . And PvP server where you are not getting perma banned after 1 kill.
  • Just like I explained in your other post trying to resurrect issues that have already been debated, discussed, agonized over, and cried salty, salty tears over is just unnecessary shitstirring. Here is a small smattering of quotes from the owner of Intrepid Studios explaining once again how this games PVX is going to work.

PvP sounds like it’s going to be a fairly important and tightly integrated portion of Ashes of Creation, especially with the cities themselves potentially coming under siege and being wiped from the face of the world. Will players who are disinclined to participate in that area of gameplay be able to completely avoid it?

No player is forced to participate in the PvP events of Ashes. But you are right to say that PvP is important. It is one of the primary catalysts for change in the world. And because change can impact all players, we feel that everyone should have a say in that change. We have incorporated roles for non-pvp oriented players to impact these PvP events. Such as developing the defensive abilities of cities and castles, or enhancing the defenses of our caravans, to creating faster mounts, and advanced weaponry that can be used by the PvPers. To discovering supplies and artifacts through PvE to aid in the battles waged by others. Ashes strives to create an inclusive atmosphere where participation in the direction of the world is not restricted to one particular form of gameplay.

What type of flagging system will be used for PvP in Ashes? Something completely open like Free-For-All, or a system limited to certain areas (like caravans and sieges), or maybe an incentivized factional opt-in system tied to established nodes, similar to Star Wars Galaxies’ TEF system?

We are still developing our flagging system, but I can give you an overview of how it stands now. It is important to keep in mind, that players are not forced into PvP. If you want to influence the world around you through non-pvp methods, it is an equally viable option.

There are three states that a player can find themselves in: Non-Combatant (Green), Combatant (Purple), and Corrupt (Red). Everyone is a Non-Combatant by default. If a Non-Combatant attacks a Combatant or another non-combatant, then they become a Combatant for a period of time. Similarly, if a Non-Combatant enters a PVP zone (which includes things like Castles, City Sieges and Caravans) they are automatically flagged a Combatant while in the zone, and for a period of time after leaving that zone.

Players can kill Combatants without repercussions, and are encouraged to do so, since dying while a Combatant means you suffer reduced death penalties. Where this changes is when a Combatant kills a Non-Combatant. In this case, the Combatant is Corrupt, and acquires a Corruption Score (which is accrued based on a number of different parameters, including the level differential of their freshly slain victim). This Corruption Score can be worked off with effort through a few mechanics, but the primary means of getting rid of it is through death.

While a player is marked as Corrupt, they may be attacked by both Combatants and Non-Combatants. If a non-combatant attacks a corrupt player, the non-combatant will not flag as a combatant. We also have some other ideas that we haven’t formalized yet that will allow players to participate in what we feel could be a fun cat-and-mouse part of the game. As an example, the location of these corrupt players will be displayed on the map, if you have the Bounty Hunter title, which can be obtained through a quest available to a citizen from a Military zoned, Stage 4 (Town) Node. These are systems that we’re still working on, but Corruption is something we want to provide explicit gameplay opportunities for.

In any case, all this comes to a head via death penalties. A Non-Combatant who dies suffers normal penalties, which includes experience debt, durability loss, as well as dropping a portion of carried raw materials (which can then be looted). A Combatant who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the Non-Combatant rate. A character who has a Corruption Score on the other hand, suffers penalties at three times the rate of a Non-Combatant, and has a chance to drop *any* carried/equipped items based on their current Corruption Score.

The idea here is to disincentivizes those who wish to gank or grief others, while rewarding those who engage in consensual PVP. We don’t want Ashes to be a murder box!

Again, this is the briefest of overviews, and I’m sure this explanation raises as many questions as it answers. It really demands a more thorough explanation, which we’ll get into in a developer blog. Also, keep in mind that Ashes is continually a work in progress – though I’ve given a lot of specifics here, what survives play-testing is anyone’s guess!

edited August 2017
    UnknownSystemError   You get an A++++  for showing patience and effort in trying to educate he/she who has no comprehension beyond their own self.
  • Eleanc said:
    Thank you, and I want to mark again how it is important to have 2 servers . In our days MMORPG is full of casuals . Most of the MMORPG now are easy to play solo, from lvl 1 to lvl 100. Back to the casuals , they want to play only PvE content and stay untouched by other players, most of them just enjoy grinding . Such players are called carebears.  So they need a separate server to play . And PvP server where you are not getting perma banned after 1 kill.
    There is a lot to this games pvp systems. I'd recommend waiting to see how it plays before comparing it to other games. This isn't another pve game that allows pvp combat, this is a pvp game(and a pve game). They are making this game with pvp in mind and I don't think they intend the flagging system to be the primary form of pvp combat. It's there to give people the freedom to attack and fight anywhere but most of your pvp combat should happen in pvp zones that ignore the flagging system. Pvp zones include caravans and sieges but they also mention hunting grounds as being pvp zones. This most likely means that the best pve spots will be pvp zones where you are free to attack whoever you want. There is also the guild war system to think about.

Once again, i'd recommend waiting to see how the game plays before jumping to any conclusions.
  • Eleanc said:
    There is a lot to this games pvp systems. I'd recommend waiting to see how it plays before comparing it to other games. This isn't another pve game that allows pvp combat, this is a pvp game(and a pve game). They are making this game with pvp in mind and I don't think they intend the flagging system to be the primary form of pvp combat. It's there to give people the freedom to attack and fight anywhere but most of your pvp combat should happen in pvp zones that ignore the flagging system. Pvp zones include caravans and sieges but they also mention hunting grounds as being pvp zones. This most likely means that the best pve spots will be pvp zones where you are free to attack whoever you want. There is also the guild war system to think about.

Once again, i'd recommend waiting to see how the game plays before jumping to any conclusion.

"best pve spots will be pvp zones where you are free to attack whoever you want"
    It would be great, however the forum will be full of complains by the PvE players (Black Desert experience).
  • No loot will be dropped. Beside some materials, that awful. It is enough to kill 1 green person to get permanent corrupt . And lose equipment. Welcome to Carealot, the carebears home land.
  • Eleanc said:
    No loot will be dropped. Beside some materials, that awful. It is enough to kill 1 green person to get permanent corrupt . And lose equipment. Welcome to Carealot, the carebears home land.
    Loot is dropped Elanic. 

• corrupt player suffers penalties at three or four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes weapons, gear, and inventory items.

• After death, players respawn at random spawn locations.

edited August 2017
    Eleanc said:
    No loot will be dropped. Beside some materials, that awful. It is enough to kill 1 green person to get permanent corrupt . And lose equipment. Welcome to Carealot, the carebears home land.
    Its not about carealot, its all about how developers wants their game to stand. They dont want to make AoC full loot hardcore pvp game (or anything close to that). They want there to be ow pvp, but its something where is not the focus of this game and its not ment to be punishing. Its just something what happens sometimes and greats the feeling of danger. Focus of PvP are in these different kind of battlegrounds as sieges, caravans, arenas and such. Thats devs vision of their own product and i think there is no reason to try change it.

So what they try to do is cater certain types PvP and PvE players and not going for extremes. That is how i see it. Atm i play Albion online and there happens this same where some players sees full loot PvP too punishing and they want to make it more PvE friendly. Thats not gona happen ofc because its against the core of the game.

So i see that you want AoC change to cater more your personal intends. But your vision of the game is different than devs. Also you present minority with demanding more punishing PvP, so if devs would choose your path they would loose more players than get and also they would deceive those who has already invested money to their product. Thats why i see your crusade kind of vain.

Only option i see that there would be separated hardcore PvP server. At this point devs have not been so excited about the idea. Those dont seem to be good invest in long term and just because minority of potential players actually like those. So maybe PvP servers are more risky to turn ghost towns. Also if players can change servers would it be unbalanced if PvP server works differently than PvE servers? Those would be slightly different game then..