Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Information] World PvP

Comments

• Options
    Kadin said:
    you know another option is to leave the system in place and give the corrupted player X2 effects ( drop chances X2) if a bounty hunter kills them and maybe X3 if they have a contract on that person when they kill them.
    Another options is to give green players (when they die) X2 effect to drop double gear, and perhaps X3 if they are killed by red players.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Kadin said:
    you know another option is to leave the system in place and give the corrupted player X2 effects ( drop chances X2) if a bounty hunter kills them and maybe X3 if they have a contract on that person when they kill them.
    Another options is to give green players (when they die) X2 effect to drop double gear, and perhaps X3 if they are killed by red players.
    Are you guys sure you're planning on playing the same game ... o.0
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    So again i feel like we are missing the big picture here fellow PvE folks.

While i support the current system ( although i don't think you should go purple for defending yourself )  Open world pvp is actually a huge benefit to pve. Gold farmers, bots and that bastard mage who aoes all the mobs right before you get to them can all be delt with in the pvp system.

So removing it or most of it would only serve to create the same problems that we have seen in pve games since everquest released in the 90's.

If its not acceptable that "Some" pk-ers want to force their gankbox play style on us then we cant force our"carebear" play style on them

To achieve balance no one will get everything they want. its just that simple.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The flagging system only applies outside of specific PvP zones. If you want to PK gank people, you can freely do so without risk of gaining corruption in these Zones.

• Options
    Do we know in pk if looting rights will go to the pker only or if player corpses will be open season?
  • Options
    Wraeven said:
    Do we know in pk if looting rights will go to the pker only or if player corpses will be open season?
    Good point. I've always assumed the same looting rules as PvE would apply, but this is a pretty big assumption. 
  • Options
    If not then we could find ourselves in a very loot-ninja rich environment.

but as with everything else I guess we'll have to see how it goes  :)
  • Options
    Don't worry. I plan on sneak attacking lex several times in alpha to loot his shinies. We will find out the rules and corruption workarounds fairly fast.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Gothix

One easy question.

Why do you feel the developer should change the core of the game to cater to a play style the development team has stated on every possible form of  media ( save smoke signals ) they don't want in the game ?

Sorry this will come across insulting but i have no better example. You remind me of the kid on the floor screaming, pounding his hands and feet because he doesnt like the rules and adults set down.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    The flagging system only applies outside of specific PvP zones. If you want to PK gank people, you can freely do so without risk of gaining corruption in these Zones.

Those are not ZONES (maps / areas), those are EVENTS, as such are not persistent and only occur occasionally.

Ofc. I am not surprised at all you are declaring those as "zones". It equals to tagging equal level fights as "ganking".
  • Options
    Kadin said:
    @Gothix

One easy question.

Why do you feel the developer should change the CORE OF THE GAME to ...
    Just lol, I don't know if I should even answer to this...

Tweaking 1 flag instance, and tweaking stat loss in 1 instance (equal level pvp) is changing "core of the game" for you?

Again, I'm not surprised you folks use ultimate exaggerations as arguments. Yeah I think I don't have to say anything more about this.
  • Options
    Kadin said:
    You remind me of the kid on the floor screaming, pounding his hands and feet because he doesnt like the rules and adults set down.
    Maybe you should step away from mirror then?
  • Options
    Sorry no internet flame wars today. I'm not in half the mood.  My example was based on the fact that you are basically throwing a fit because you don't like the rules. Lets just call that 100% valid unless you would are saying you agree with the rules in which case ill retract that ?
  • Options
    Kadin said:
    Sorry no internet flame wars today. I'm not in half the mood.  My example was based on the fact that you are basically throwing a fit because you don't like the rules. Lets just call that 100% valid unless you would are saying you agree with the rules in which case ill retract that ?
    Or maybe we should call a game being 2 years away from release, in pre alpha, and all "rules" (mechanics) still subject to changing and/or tweaking. How about that?
  • Options
    So what other forms of communication should you ask the developer to make to be more clear about the intention ? Smoke signals ?
  • Options
    I mean being realistic here ganking newbs ( players who stand 0% chance of winning) presents allot of risk to them and none to the ganker. In this case your having to shoulder the risk that they wont fight back and you will become corrupted giving you allot of disadvantages. They have to understand they will drop more resources for doing this.

You both have risk now and you can both control that risk.

So have you ever asked yourself why these systems exist at all in games ?

Gankers cost game companies money plain and simple its bad business for an MMO that's what survival games are for and even most of those struggle for anything but a ghost town server
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    lexmax said:

Those are not ZONES (maps / areas), those are EVENTS, as such are not persistent and only occur occasionally.

Ofc. I am not surprised at all you are declaring those as "zones". It equals to tagging equal level fights as "ganking".
    Call them what you will. Intrepid calls them Zones, so I call them zones :)
  • Options
    @lexmax With the excellent help of Shunex I have an audio link now for the corruption document we were discussing earlier.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E1wn98fczg&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    Kadin said:
    I mean being realistic here ganking newbs ( players who stand 0% chance of winning) presents allot of risk to them and none to the ganker.
    If you read what I wrote about you will see I did not ask removal of corruption mechanics for ganking "newbs", players new to the game, and lower level then you.

I asked for removal of only stat degradation and only for equal level PvP, for example on max level players aren't newbs anymore.. and they are equal level so it's not true that someone "doesn't stand 0% chance of winning).

On that level it's only about a chose, to fight or not. There IS fair chance to win players being equal level. Choice not to fight back is on player, if they chose not to fight back, they have nothing to complain about. That is NOT ganking.

So what I asked is only removal of stat degradation (corruption and red flagging remains) for EQUAL level player fights.

That is not asking to cater to gankers, and it's not asking for removal of corruption.
    So I would really love if people (there are several people that do this) stop exaggerating in discussions.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    lexmax said:

Call them what you will. Intrepid calls them Zones, so I call them zones :)
    The fact remains, those are not persistent. So while such events aren't occuring, players have nowhere to go for "free open world PvP".

If IS designated some land areas in world as perma PvP flagged, that would be something different, but this is not the case.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Gothix

If they did that the would not discourage that behavior as much as the feel they need to. So i think your stuck.

And in most games a player can be the same level and still stand a 0% chance of winning so lets not hide behind that old excuse either.
  • Options
    @Gothix Do you realize that you can call your gankers and zones what ever you like and claim that you are right and everybody else wrong, but it does not change any facts behind those words even how much you try to twist those words? Developers wants to protect all non-combatant green players from player killers and they call this kind of behaviour ganking you like it or not. Thats it. They dont want their game to become gankingbox or murderbox and that can only happen with CURRENT corruption system. With your tweaks we will have that murderbox. 

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Ferryman said:
    With your tweaks we will have that murderbox. 

No. With removing corruption all togeather for all levels, and with removing bounty system and red flagging you would have murderbox.

With only tweaks I suggested you would have a normal open PvP game that doesn't punish PvPers.

But I guess we will see where we get.
  • Options
    @lexmax With the excellent help of Shunex I have an audio link now for the corruption document we were discussing earlier.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E1wn98fczg&feature=youtu.be
    Thanks @UnknownSystemError and @Shunex. I can rest easy knowing we have an official source for the info on random corrupt player respawning. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Roxx said:
    just make it like lineage 2 if i hit a green player and he dies to fall dmg or anything else cause i dropped him to 2% hp, i dont get red.
    so both sides have something to "abuse" because it almost impossible to fix it for all ppl.
    green player can abuse the system to steal "ur farm" and stuff, and u can abuse the enviroment to not get red.

Ok ..explain how anyone steals your farm in ashes specifically.
    Then explain how the caravans, keeps and other battlezones prevent you from 'ganking' your little heart out ?
    Ashes does not prevent you from getting your Roxx off.

• Options
    Gothix said:
    Ferryman said:
    With your tweaks we will have that murderbox. 

No. With removing corruption all togeather for all levels, and with removing bounty system and red flagging you would have murderbox.

With only tweaks I suggested you would have a normal open PvP game that doesn't punish PvPers.

But I guess we will see where we get.
    Once again you have your own meaning for word.. murderbox this time and its not in line what it actually meens.

That stat decrease has huge role to prevent continuing ganking and thats why its important to have. Your whole approach is wrong and it does not just goal to give gankers some relief, it penalizes non-combatant players. So your suggestion just goals to continuing ganking with protection to not get so much attacked by yourself. 

Now if after testing gankers life is acknowledge to be too penalized, that relief should start from experience debuff, loot drop rate or making bounty hunting system harder. That would be tweaking without penalizing green non-combatant players who are ment to be protected by the corruption system.

But yeah i know, you dont share the devs vision to protect those players who dont want to take apart to open world PvP. Because in your eyes those PvE minded players should not have that priviledge and they should be fed for wolfs so those wolfs would have more fun when they get easy kills.       
  • Options
    I expect you'll find that flagged pvp will be more common that you think, at higher levels.   

The system is designed principally with the intention of protecting players who aren't established from being picked on by those who are.

This is going to be a very economically driven game.

For more advanced players, I expect you'll find that certain materials will be very valuable and very rare, and that people will be willing to take the risk of going red, to get their hands on them.

I also think you'll find that people in these higher levels will be willing to turn purple to defend themselves, thus avoiding corruption for the attacker after all.

At low levels, staying green and just dying is the obvious option, particularly when you are being attacked by someone you have no chance against.  Your attacker becomes corrupt and therefor is not likely to continue to be a threat.

At higher levels however, one has to seriously consider the penalties of not fighting back.  
    The penalties for dying while green may start to outweigh the positives of having your attacker become corrupt. 

And this has been advertised as a 'slow combat' game.. i don't think people are going to be dying in one hit all that easily.  For a green player, escaping alive may be a viable option, rather than just rolling over. 
  • Options
    @lexmax Sweet, now that we have confirmation on the respawn mechanics for corrupted players being different than for non-red characters, my next question is.
    Will I be able to literally send these people to the Underrealm? We know that Underrealm nodes will exert influence on the world above (confirmed). So when you kill a corrupted player and he is on top of the map, will they have a chance of respawning on the underside if it is present. Would be hilarious to take out a red, then have them have to fight their way back to overworld access.

Question:So i was about to say if it wipes all of it, what's to stop me from getting a bunch of corruption and having a friend kill me to grab anything that might drop.

Steven:That would be what is to stop you… Not only that, as a corrupt player, if you are dying, you’re not going to spawn at the normal respawn locations. You’ll be respawning randomly in the vicinity and you’ll also be trackable by bounty hunters on the map. Not your exact location but the general vicinity of where you are. So players who want to kill you, do not need to flag in order to kill you. They will stay as a non combatant if they are attacking a corrupt player because essentially at that point you’re like a monster and you don’t flag when you attack monsters.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fvr9KYT104i8WYppCup1v6SUTZFJTobVz8uRHDas4YM/edit
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Then explain how the caravans, keeps and other battlezones prevent you from 'ganking' your little heart out ?
    Ashes does not prevent you from getting your Roxx off.

Ok so maybe a time when players can be green should also be an event, that happens occasionally. And rest of the time players should be by default forced purple.

By logic you applied above, this should work for you.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Ashes is not a normal open PvP game.
    Ashes is an open world PvX game.