Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Information] World PvP

Comments

• Options
    I am not interested in someones loot, I am interested in having a good fight with  in the open world , I would never kill a new player it is not interesting , in additon l  am not interested in griefing people( spawn camping , hunting 1 player for nothing and that sorts of thing)   And what I actually want to see is AoC is a large living world that built by players, with much freedom in it. I dont want to play a game where you get permabanned for killing a player.   I want to get attacked by player , suddenly without warning. If I die it is my problem , I wasnt good enough. If I take this guy out I get fun . If I have a good fight with him , I have fun. If I die from him I will be prepared for the next time. And what about organized pvp arenas? You just thing "how do I get more kills to win" it is boring. But there are carebears who think that they are the gods of the game and play as if they were playing in skyrim (but x10 more casual ) , they are the only player in the game. Others  are just npc.

Is this game PvP-Oriented or Pve-Trolling-Oriented?
  • Options
    Player corruption

1.A player’s corruption score increases with each non-combatant player killed.

2.The wider the level disparity between the players the more corruption will be gained.

3.The higher the corruption score, the higher drop percentage when the corrupted player is killed (see Player death below).

4.The higher the corruption score, the more skill and stat dampening applies, until the corrupt player ultimately becomes ineffective at combat.

5.Corruption is removed through death. Multiple deaths may be necessary to remove all corruption. There may be other mechanics to reduce corruption.

6.Corruption has a visible effect on a player’s appearance.

7.A corrupt player’s location is revealed to bounty hunters. 
    I now really warried about the future of Ashes. Let's try to analize the PK System - good mechanic to make MMO so Realistic. At first of all go for nature balance. That's why Developers have to keep clear mind adding PK System into game. 

1. I agree with 100% - the punish best way to care about players, but not the only

2. May be it is justly but only if the Corruption penalties don't influence at you - were did you see The Murderer suffering after assasination? It's so foolishly!!! He must suffer AFTER death by the death penalties (loose exp/stats/and so on..)

3. If Murderer can drop Items, goods and things. Why other players can't? - It's so foolishly again!!!. Where is the BALANCE?
    More KILLS=More drop it is JUSTLY!!!

4. This condition is so UNNECESSARILY!!! The murderer kills to feal the suffering of his doings - It's so absurdly!!! Developers where are your logic? At my point of view you are tring here to please the Care Bears community against mass PK. But sometimes the PK it is the only one way to proof your honor!!! If you realise this paragraph without any REALLY worthy mechanics to reduce stat dumping applies you will fall in my estimation.

5. A Life for a life, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth!!!. If you want to stop the way of Assassin - pay a price your experience. It is JUSTLY!!! Still support your way of searching other methods for satisfaction.

6. All right. But it is not a main thing in game process.

7. I have nothing against bounty hunters, but Developers have to understand the more Penalties they will give for PK - more the PK System will Minimize to ZERO, don't even try to make PK System useless. A lot of large skilled players will pass by this project because of Reducing Usefull mechanics!!! Try to import NEW mechanics - not moderate the old one!!!

Thank You For Attention. With Hope and Love from Russia!!!
  • Options
    J4y said:
    Player corruption

2.The wider the level disparity between the players the more corruption will be gained.

3.The higher the corruption score, the higher drop percentage when the corrupted player is killed (see Player death below).

4.The higher the corruption score, the more skill and stat dampening applies, until the corrupt player ultimately becomes ineffective at combat.

5.Corruption is removed through death. Multiple deaths may be necessary to remove all corruption. There may be other mechanics to reduce corruption.

I now really warried about the future of Ashes. Let's try to analize the PK System - good mechanic to make MMO so Realistic. 
    This is a high fantasy MMORPG, it's not supposed to be realistic. It's supposed to be fun for everyone to play, not just the people who like to PK murder other players.
    Source: https://youtu.be/yzBxKoH7erU?t=1504
  • Options
    J4y said:

4. This condition is so UNNECESSARILY!!! The murderer kills to feal the suffering of his doings - It's so absurdly!!! Developers where are your logic? At my point of view you are tring here to please the Care Bears community against mass PK. But sometimes the PK it is the only one way to proof your honor!!! If you realise this paragraph without any REALLY worthy mechanics to reduce stat dumping applies you will fall in my estimation.

The developers are trying to produce the game THEY want and desire to have.  Not to please you, me or your care bears or pvp players.   The majority of people who have joined this great community and have decided to back Ashes are doing it because they too want pretty much the same things or they wouldn't be here.  It's a very limited few that feel they have to have it they're way or no way.  

As @lexmax stated above this is high fantasy NOT real life.  Fun for all not just PvPers who don't care about others.   There are many PvPers who disagree with you and are waiting to test the game as planned.   
  • Options
    Soon this thread will be closed too. ;) 
  • Options
    Eleanc said:

Is this game PvP-Oriented or Pve-Trolling-Oriented?
    One big thing it's not............ PVP trolling oriented. You are greatly in the minority pal.
     The Devs will have their day and we shall test THEIR game not yours. 
  • Options
    Eleanc said:
    MMO's these days beyond " WOW " or better yet " TERA " just have no staying power because these developers are trying to do away with open pvp because they feel like that would veer away customers when the MMo's that had the most volume with players had this feature lol.
    WoW never had open PvP and it's the most successful MMORPG in history. I think you are defeating yourself with your own logic.
  • Options
    "Carebears killed MMORPGs"  :D

This is hilarious how these who pretends or wannabe hardcore players always accuses carebears and casual players of ruining games, but in fact they are the once who poisons communities with that toxic attitude and causes only drama with their behaviour.

There are some hardcore open world PvP MMO games out there and several are under development, so i dont understand why to try so desperately change something from different genre to that same mold? IS dont bend. ;)

• Options
    I understood the intent better behind the corruption system better when they explained killing an unflagged character is akin to murder. 

You can still kill around caravans & sieges bc then people are flagged. 
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    I understood the intent better behind the corruption system better when they explained killing an unflagged character is akin to murder. 

You can still kill around caravans & sieges bc then people are flagged. 
    That is true. You can also kill players in open world who are flagged or corrupted without penalty. So the system just restricts killing non-combatant green players and prevents the mindless ganking that way. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    lexmax said:
    J4y said:
    Player corruption

I now really warried about the future of Ashes. Let's try to analize the PK System - good mechanic to make MMO so Realistic. 
    This is a high fantasy MMORPG, it's not supposed to be realistic. It's supposed to be fun for everyone to play, not just the people who like to PK murder other players.
    Source: https://youtu.be/yzBxKoH7erU?t=1504
    What the reason to play this game if the challenge will be minimize to zero? High fantasy MMORPG for HIGH FANTASY PEOPLE? Please don't cover by Stereotype quotes from Steven. It don't show you in good way. For what reason you create this thread? - right for people to DISCUSS!!! not to protect WITHOUT any causes. If we were promised GREAT PvE content why others against normal PK System? Stop spare the casuals you are falling down in my eyes. Even Casuals will die - they have to improve there existence at OPEN world Player vs Player - not money!!! It was, it is - it will be so!!!
  • Options
    J4y said:
    Player corruption

I now really warried about the future of Ashes. Let's try to analize the PK System - good mechanic to make MMO so Realistic. At first of all go for nature balance. That's why Developers have to keep clear mind adding PK System into game. 

1. I agree with 100% - the punish best way to care about players, but not the only

2. May be it is justly but only if the Corruption penalties don't influence at you - were did you see The Murderer suffering after assasination? It's so foolishly!!! He must suffer AFTER death by the death penalties (loose exp/stats/and so on..)

3. If Murderer can drop Items, goods and things. Why other players can't? - It's so foolishly again!!!. Where is the BALANCE?

5. A Life for a life, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth!!!. If you want to stop the way of Assassin - pay a price your experience. It is JUSTLY!!! Still support your way of searching other methods for satisfaction.

7. I have nothing against bounty hunters, but Developers have to understand the more Penalties they will give for PK - more the PK System will Minimize to ZERO, don't even try to make PK System useless. A lot of large skilled players will pass by this project because of Reducing Usefull mechanics!!! Try to import NEW mechanics - not moderate the old one!!!

You are missing the point.
    Its not supposed to be fair and balanced.
    It supposed to be a deterrent.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I guess for me the vocal minority that keep calling for murderbox mechanics remind me of when I owned a bar here in Japan. Every year we would have a summer barbeque down by the river. Over the years as we grew, so did the event. My meat vendor in later years got in on the action and would sponsor along with me. We would offer all you could eat and drink for a fee. Had live bands and stuff for the kiddies like water ballon fights. And every fucking year after year 5 or 6 we would have someone get kicked up the chain to me that was whining about how they were vegan, and we should have more meat free options or that the smell of cooking meat was offensive to them. I would put on my best owner face and tell them I would be glad to refund their money and they could leave the event. Every single time they stayed.
    Don't be the vegan at the bbq.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    J4y said:

The developers are trying to produce the game THEY want and desire to have.  Not to please you, me or your care bears or pvp players.   The majority of people who have joined this great community and have decided to back Ashes are doing it because they too want pretty much the same things or they wouldn't be here.  It's a very limited few that feel they have to have it they're way or no way.  

As @lexmax stated above this is high fantasy NOT real life.  Fun for all not just PvPers who don't care about others.   There are many PvPers who disagree with you and are waiting to test the game as planned.   
    We here to discuss not for repeating - the life change the views change but the Laws of Universe will never change!

To developers:

And if you got penalties before you was killed it's look like cheating against PvP players! ::Moderated:: You've got enough money to be independent!!! Show us your 17 years skill of Lineage ll Experience!!! Try to realize all old mechanics and bring your new for the "altar of experience"!!! Don't try to please the majority - it will not be something new!!!

Thanks for reading me.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

To be a deterrent for what? Against zerg? If so then make a barrier for example only who in Guilds will have a chance to get a curruption penalties cause of state at war with some other Guilds or something else! Don't make PK mechanics a "static swamp", please.

• Options
    Life is too short. Shouldn't we all try to work together to create a world or game that EVERYONE can enjoy?

A person's true character is revealed when others don't respond as they wish and bend to their ways.

Spoiled little children struggling to evolve into big bullies by crying and demanding will never match up to real adults.  
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    ------Moderated and clipped-----

Everyone can enjoy Ashes of Creation the question is reason of it, another clone for casual - don't think so. We are here cause we want something NEW mechanics (PK - it is not the new one, its old, but if you tring to change it - try to avoid disbalance, because disbalance will be betwin two potentualy equal REAL PERSON behind the monitor) and EXCITING challenge for all who ingame client!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    J4y said:

To be a deterrent for what? Against zerg? If so then make a barrier for example only who in Guilds will have a chance to get a curruption penalties cause of state at war with some other Guilds or something else! Don't make PK mechanics a "static swamp", please.

A deterrent against the thug mentality.
    Maybe in 20 years, you will understand.

You see... you have >>>NOTHING<<< stopping you and me from ganking and PKing anyone you like in the static (castle), mobile (carvan) and transient (siege) PvP areas.
    NO ONE is stopping you from doing your thing here.
    So the argument you cant PK and gank is bullocks to be frank.

The corruption system is there to say you will not PK and Gank EVERYWHERE and ALL THE TIME.
    There is a time and a place for it..ie the warzones.
    And the civilised zone areas is not it.
    I find it troubling that you still cant seem to understand the difference.

All you are here to do is demand PK and Ganking everywhere at all times.
    You want purely the law of the jungle instead of civilisation.
    This is not the ashes world and never will be.
    So suck it up or move on.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    J4y said:

A deterrent against the thug mentality.
    Maybe in 20 years, you will understand.

You see... you have >>>NOTHING<<< stopping you and me from ganking and PKing anyone you like in the static (castle), mobile (carvan) and transient (siege) PvP areas.
    NO ONE is stopping you from doing your thing here.
    So the argument you cant PK and gank is bullocks to be frank.

The corruption system is there to say you will not PK and Gank EVERYWHERE and ALL THE TIME.
    There is a time and a place for it..ie the warzones.
    And the civilised zone areas is not it.
    I find it troubling that you still cant seem to understand the difference.

All you are here to do is demand PK and Ganking everywhere at all times.
    You want purely the law of the jungle instead of civilisation.
    This is not the ashes world and never will be.
    So suck it up or move on.
    Why u are not crying for spots with mobs? - just make a penalties for player who just came to spot zone or even single PvE server? Across 20 years each player will have own mob on his own spot!! if Ashes of Creation team will follow people kind of you - Is it so cool? - No it's awfull. Cause of this Steven makes it Open World PvP.

Who prohibits you to make a group and fight against thug mentality? May be your brain?
    Who prohibits you to get into a Guild and take war against that kind of people? May be again your cowardly ego? PK System it is a stimulus to stick tougether back to back to each other without any "Party Searching inclient interfaces abilities" with quick dangeon raid without any "troubles" - challenge,fight, accept the battle for your place under the sun!!!

Or what? :D you are so funny!
  • Options
    Devs read the community moderators who read the forums!!!
  • Options
    J4y said:
    @ CylverRayne
     Me don't interested in your slave and primitive vision of the specific situation.
    You again proved my point.  Have a nice day. Maybe your mom will buy you an ice cream.
    Thanks, for no trolling me. Have a nice day. I don't like ice-cream. My mom will buy me something else.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Edited for clarity.
  • Options
    My, this conversation appears to have gotten a bit heated. 

I really think people may be over-worrying here.

I remember the good old days in WOW when i would have my lvl 10 whutsit trouncing about in Goldshire, and I would just be minding my own business and suddenly i'd be dead because some lvl 70 fellow had decided to sit there and snipe newbies for a half hour, or until such time as we could call in our own lvl 70 to push him out.  

That is the kind of behavior i think we are trying to see discouraged with this pvp plan.

There will still be abundant opportunity for people to annihilate each other.

And there will be a means for people who are, frankly not prepared for pvp, to avoid being senselessly slaughtered every three minutes.   

The devs will work towards a balance.  It will be a balance that will piss some people off, but it will be a balance, nonetheless..  ;)

• Options

Just a courtesy reminder here of the following Community Guideline.

• Greetings and welcome to the Ashes of Creation Community Guidelines and Code of Conduct for the official game forums. When you sign up to use the forums, you automatically agree to adhere to these rules. Therefore, please make sure you know what you’re agreeing to! Don’t worry, there aren’t too many things to worry about and most of these will be common sense.

Don’t Be a Jerk!

Pretty self-explanatory. Don’t post personal attacks and do not harass other users or employees of Intrepid Studios. Racist, sexist, misogynist, discussions of **** or brutality, homophobic, and other types of offensive messages may be removed. Posts purposefully trying to “flame” another user will always be removed. This can result in a suspension or ban.

Let's keep this as a discussion and not veer off into a flame war.  Please and thank you <3

• Options
    Wraeven said:
    My, this conversation appears to have gotten a bit heated. 

Yeah it is, because this is third thread a row where we argue about same things. ;)
  • Options
    Hmm... this topic needs less argue and more debate ^^
  • Options
    What a fun to play a game where no ones kills it other, all they players harvest flowers , growing horses and being toxic if someone kill them once. Take down your pink glasses. It is the second black desert already but at least black desert has a big world a better graphics. World PvP is dead already, dont clickbait people with open world pvp, there is no world pvp . Just some battle arenas and duels.  Instead of writing arguments why does the system is good and balanced, or why should carebears protected they are trolling and flaming . Such adult and nice people. "go play another game" , "I want to hit grind mobs and clear dungeons just like in solo game" " I wish all the nazi pvp players were gone" , "mmorpg PvP is shit go pubg if you want pvp" "PvP players just crying on the forums."

They even have the rare skill of knowing opponent age by seeing people internet posts. What a fun to play a game where no ones kills it other, all  players harvest flowers , growing horses and care about each other. Take down your pink glasses. It is the second black desert already but at least black desert has a big world and better graphics. 

How the system works for now.
    If I am a pvp player and attack a random player , he will not flag because why to ,  I cant even kill him because of the corruption.
    If I am being attacked, I will stay in green mode so the enemy player could not kill me.
    If we both want to fight- double flag.
    If someones troll me , he can do it . Nothing that I can do because no open pvp.
    If someone griefs my resources or spot I cant do anything because there is no open pvp.
    If someone is killing my friend from another guild , I cant help him , because there is no open pvp.
    If I want to duel someone I have to ask him because there is no open pvp.
    If I want to kill a group of players I cant because there is no openworld pvp.
    So the shitty pvx system is made to hold as many casuals carebears, and more of those community in order to have a  bigger online. 
    Vote with your wallet they say. What they think is 'lets make a game for carebears and clickbait pvp players into it". Carebears would stay and enjoy all what they want , casual PvE content. PvP players would eat the cactus and play on their paddock. How about making PvP and PvE servers? Why it is such a big problem.
     Many people who are playing crowlfall , those who play ultima , albion, tera, bdo, archage, wow, allods online, heaven and hearth and more projects , with people who left the mmorpg genre would join AoC PvP server. Let the carebears rot on their PvE servers . You want people you will get them! Such many players (and me too) joined to BDO and their Hardcore pvp content and enjoyed it until carebears haven't cried loud on the forums and the devs changed it. 58% were against the change. But devs didnt give a f**k,they had enough money and they made a game for the korea players. People just left the product.

PvE costs nothing if there is no open PvP content. If some scrubs want to play arenas where everyone with the same gear and fight by sending anime memes to each other thats fine, on PvE server. If someones want to play fun farm , thats fine for pve PvE server. 

All the players who left mmorpg genre because of carebears and casuals will come to AoC pvp server. Crowfall players , BDO online players (most of them have left the game after the update), Ultima Online, wow, heaven and hearth, Allods Online , Tera Online, la2 . All those players will come to play on PvP server. I have asked many PvP players what do they think about  current ashes of creation . Sh**ty carebear game . 
    Normal players wouldnt get fun of playing such game. Of course people will play , they invested money. It is called eating the cactus,
    MAKE MMORPG GREAT AGAIN!