Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Lifetime Subscription ?

Comments

• Options
    If I were you guys I would ask them to do a trusted trader system so that people who invested in those packages can trade and sell them, and they get a cut for being verifying and securing the transaction.
  • Options
    i am keeping my lifetime sub no matter what.  This is my last MMO I will sink time into.  My fingers are crossed.  I am happy with everything at this point too.  
  • Options
    I have to agree with @KingOelc you would have to kill me (again) if you wanted my pack
  • Options
    I would be against selling/trading packs, that is the type of system that encourages a few people to buy all the packs available (like limited number of KS packs) and then sell/trade them later.

As for buying something, regretting it, and wanting to get rid of it and let someone else use it, I understand. I can't imagine that would be the only way that system would work.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    It is a moot point. IS has already come out with a policy about it. Essentially they are not going to assist anyone in re-selling packages, and anyone that does so is at their own risk. Either on the end of the person selling getting scammed, or the person buying. There was a blowup on Reddit a couple months back where someone had doctored some messages and claimed they were from moderators backing an official refund/resale of KS packages assisted by IS. They shut that mess down real quick and put out some guidelines for it. I didn't follow all the details exactly since it had to do with the shitshow that is the sub-Reddit, but if my interpretation of those events is wrong, one of the mods will surely step in and correct me. @Belle-bot.exe ♡ @lexmax
  • Options
    I got my lifetime sub for about 400ish, I just thought it was a good idea because of the A1 testing, the name reservation, Oh and all those sweet monster coins :)
  • Options
    Frankly, the Braver Of Worlds KS pack was the best investment I've ever made. It's easily doubled in value since I bought it, as I've had offers to sell it for $1000 (full disclosure I have about $300 of other cosmetics on the account)
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Frankly, the Braver Of Worlds KS pack was the best investment I've ever made. It's easily doubled in value since I bought it, as I've had offers to sell it for $1000 (full disclosure I have about $300 of other cosmetics on the account)
    only 300? you need to get more items slacker ^^ 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:
    I spend a small fortune in booze. Non negotiable is my liquor budget.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:
    I spend a small fortune in booze. Non negotiable is my liquor budget.
    And I spend mine on tea and books ^^
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Karthos said:
    Xombie said:
    Sylarr said:
    Xombie said:
    The bundles currently offered do however offer a good chunk of play time, plus nunerous other goodies that may tickle your fancy.

yeah the bundles are good, but would be nice to get a lifetime sub for 500 bucks :smiley:
    Naturally, but there would be a massive uproar if they made that exclusive available again. I'm glad I got in early enough! 
    I hold a lifetime sub, but would be ok if they offered a long term sub option that's heavily discounted. Like 1yr sub for $8 a month or something.
    /Agreed. This is the sensible alternative.  
    I totally agree.
  • Options
    almost bought that too :(
  • Options
    feels bad that you all say they didnt offer it again :neutral:
  • Options
    Sylarr said:
    feels bad that you all say they didnt offer it again :neutral:
    They did give a second chance outside of kickstarter by letting the summer backers have the offer of lifetime subscription.
  • Options
    Yeah but if you were able to get a hold of any kickstarter package, you can still upgrade to lifetime sub.
  • Options
    @Sintu
    I was under the impression Summer Backers were giving several months 'free-play' but not lifetime.

If Summer Backers did have that chance, I hope some of them were able to claim it.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Azathoth said:
    @Sintu
    I was under the impression Summer Backers were giving several months 'free-play' but not lifetime.

If Summer Backers did have that chance, I hope some of them were able to claim it.

Summer Crowdfunding Campaign Packages

Note: Concept Art is under "Kickstarter Summer Upgrade Addons" above

$550 Braver of Worlds
    • Invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 1 (Earliest Access to Ashes!)
    • Summer Exclusive - Lifetime subscription to Ashes of Creation!!
    • Access to Live launch head-start - 2 days early!
    • Summer Exclusive - Pridestalker Epic mount
    • Summer Exclusive - Character Majesty Costume
    • Guild Name Reservation - 1 Name reserved
    • Monster Tokens x 5 - Elite Tier
    • Unique "Braver of Worlds" forum badge
    • Unique in-game character title "Braver of Worlds"
    • Plus all previous rewards!!

@Azathoth  I found the old one under wiki.  The Kickstarter summer backers came after the kickstarter ended and gave those who had issues paying on kickstarter a second chance.  Was a bit more expensive and had different skins then the original kickstarter but was very similar.
  • Options
    It was also to allow people to pay with paypal
  • Options
    @Sintu
    Well played, thank you for the clarification :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Kratz said:
    Karthos said:
    I hold a lifetime sub, but would be ok if they offered a long term sub option that's heavily discounted. Like 1yr sub for $8 a month or something.
    /Agreed. This is the sensible alternative.  
    I totally agree.
    I have a Lifetime Sub as well with ashes with the Braver of Worlds KS package...but i think this would be a very good option to offer to people who didnt get into the KS or summer KS options . I Play ESO and pay 6 months at a time, but would happily pay for a year in advance if they offered it. 

• Options
    I chucked in $1000 on kickstarter a year ago hopefully it actually turns out to be a decent game!
  • Options
    Acidaus said:
    I chucked in $1000 on kickstarter a year ago hopefully it actually turns out to be a decent game!
    I damn near pulled that trigger myself. But i decided on the $500 Braver of worlds . Now i see the games development is playing out as i hoped i will upgrade to the leader of men package. 

im kind of hoping that when the game comes out i'll build myself a new kick ass gaming pc shortly after release and this MMO will last me the 10 years to my retirement :) 

• Options
    Falmin said:
    I would love to get that but I'll have to settle for a years sub.
    Same here..   :disappointed:
  • Options
    seems like many of you guys got the kickstarter lifetime sub :#o:)
  • Options
    Lets just hope it pays off ^^
  • Options
    Yep, I've only backed three games on KS and I started out with a basic AoC package for about a week.  I saw the lifetime option, gave it a couple days and realized it was darn well worth it.  I did use a bit of google and then watched the chat videos to help me decide.

Glad I did, things are going swimmingly with this game.  Especially with the fact we are headed for alpha 1 about 3 months earlier than expected.   Very much so looking forward to finally getting in to play the game.

• Options
    Yep, I've only backed three games on KS and I started out with a basic AoC package for about a week.  I saw the lifetime option, gave it a couple days and realized it was darn well worth it.  I did use a bit of google and then watched the chat videos to help me decide.

Glad I did, things are going swimmingly with this game.  Especially with the fact we are headed for alpha 1 about 3 months earlier than expected.   Very much so looking forward to finally getting in to play the game.

I just upgraded to the lifetime package, myself. I agree, the progress of this game is very promising.
  • Options
    With the way the Aussie dollar is going, I made a solid investment during KStarter.
  • Options
    if you guys have the Kickstarter Lifetime Sub Pack, do you even get all the Monthly Skins? or you need to buy it extra?
  • Options
    Sylarr said:
    if you guys have the Kickstarter Lifetime Sub Pack, do you even get all the Monthly Skins? or you need to buy it extra?
    we need to buy them as well