Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

About the partnership with My.com...

I just discovered the news about this partnership for the EU region. My question is if i can access the NA servers from Europe without any issues.

I honestly don´t trust My.com, they take games and make them all P2W garbage. I hope that i don´t have to deal with them just to play Ashes.

Comments

• Options
    Steven will update us later tonight with more information. Unless he has some really good reasons I'll probably roll NA.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Well if it's My.com then it's already too late. What they touch becomes shit, flee while you can...
  • Options
    Yeah really concerning especially since the last game I looked forward to was Revelations Online xD if I can iI will roll NA too if these guys are the publishers :3
  • Options
    Yeah really concerning especially since the last game I looked forward to was Revelations Online xD if I can iI will roll NA too if these guys are the publishers :3
    Revelations Online was definitely dead-on-arrival, kinda sad to see considering apparently worked started on it in 2005... My mate dropped $200 odd dollars for the preorder pack that had a guild mount in it and couldn't refund it so he ended up just sticking to it for a couple of months.

I haven't got much hope for My.Com but I don't believe Steven would just throw he's child (so to speak) in the trash so I'm assuming they would only be hosting and offering customer service. Maybe not the best situation but this at least adds further credibility to the project and also offers a better chance for Ashes to be brought to regions like Russia.

I'm still praying for an OCE server and god damn I dont even care if they get the worst publisher as long as Intrepid controls the cash shop; lets hope that will be the same for this situation as well. 
  • Options
    I´ll rather deal with high latency and lag than My.com
  • Options
    Yeah even I has to admit this is not a good sign 
  • Options
    I see Tencent Games in our OCE future. Makes me sad if after all this it goes to shit with region locking and having to have different clients to log on to different regions.

• Options
    Oh please no! Not My.com...
    Please voice it to Steven because if my.com is going to be the publisher in Europe, then it’s a BIG RED FLAG for players.
    1) Nothing says more « Pay 2 Win » than my.com. Just look at all the games they have.

2) I do not want my personal data with them. Their database was compromised with my info that wasn’t supposed to be stocked by them and it result in my having to change banking accounts information.

3) I had an awful experience with their Services wether it is GM wise or Customer support.

If you guys need a publisher in EU, get in touch with Trion or even Ubisoft or even NCSoft! I'd rather have them than my.com...

In the end, it's my fault for backing a game (i have Braver of the World pledge) without knowing the publisher in Europe. I thought you were going to do it. Anyway, if it goes live, the way I know my.com, then I'll be playing on the US server casually (because I can't for the sake of my experience go with my.com and I won't be able to get up at 4 am to Raid or something...).
  • Options
    They did promise no region locking though during kickstarter but who's to say they won't change that.
  • Options
    Is my.com a russian company? Wasn't it a russian company that deep sixed everquest next?

• Options
    Ok, this is the first large red flag for me.. My.com REALLY? After seeing what they made of Revelation Online, this is highly concerning. 
    I am starting to doubt this "no P2W" promise that Intrepid Studios have kept promising us... 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I want an answer from Intrepid if its going to be possible to connect to the NA servers from Europe or if the game is going to be region locked by IP address. If that is the case, then i would like to know how can i get a reimbourse from my Kickstarter package.

I´m dead serious, i don´t want anything to do with My.com
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Same here this has shaken my hopes for ashes in the EU
  • Options
    Hmm...I am not familiar with my.com but many people I know in the community are and this hasn't gone down well. I'll eagerly look forward to hearing what Steven has to say about it. I must admit, I thought Intrepid would publish themselves seeing as it's Steven's baby.
  • Options
    I mean they had the money to be self-published and they are doing so in the NA so why not here?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @Kratz
    Well thought the same way and I never consideration that My.scam would publish AoC in EU.  

• Options
    I really am hoping for some good explanations here, really worrying :3
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    This does not inspire much hope

• Options
    I'm unfamiliar with my.com

Anyone on the EU care to explain, calmly, what their deal is?

On NA I know we'll still have stevens crew publishing here so far.
  • Options
    What the Fudgeeeeeee!!!
  • Options
    nagash said:
    This does not inspire much hope

Yeah honestly I rather play on NA servers rather than go through those guys, I played allods a lot in the past and then they fucked with Revelations :/ 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I'm unfamiliar with my.com

Anyone on the EU care to explain, calmly, what their deal is?

On NA I know we'll still have stevens crew publishing here so far.
    Well someone threw a bunch of reddit link from one of their mmos, revelationMMO , on the discord. and detailed poor customer support, poor data security, ban happy mods.

Also, they are from a russian company. Who can say what might happen ,or that JUST the EU players are affected, in the event of a hack?
  • Options
    can i get a refund ?!
    seriously i wish we could make a petition against my.com
    they fucked up so much in the past with their p2w shit.
    publishers like that needs to get punished.
    Would be a nice Statement when they loose the partnership with IS (based on Gamers reaction), and publisher maybe gonna start  thinking twice about what they publish as a next game and how they publish it.
  • Options
    I can't imagine My.com will be able to make @GMSteven turn Ashes into P2W.

As for the rest of the concerns about My.com, I know nothing about them.
  • Options
    Roxx said:

Would be a nice Statement when they loose the partnership with IS
      Sadly, Intrepid wouldn't have announced the partnership if the deal wasn't already sealed and it should be quite impossible to bail out. So there's not much hope there :|
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Well after the explosion on discord @GMSteven says we have to trust him so that's good enough for me, at least until we know more about what we're discussing here. There's no doubting My.Com's previous as many have stated here, but we don't know the facts of the contract either and I can't believe that Steven would hurt Ashes in any way at all. It's time to be patient and see what's announced next.  
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Well after the explosion on discord @GMSteven says we have to trust him so that's good enough for me, at least until we know more about what we're discussing here. There's no doubting their My.Com's previous as many have stated here, but we don't know the facts of the contract either and I can't believe that Steven would hurt Ashes in any way at all. It's time to be patient and see what's announced next.  
    I hope you are right I really do want to believe that this will all end out fine in the end but I have this nagging feeling that it's not. I hope I'm wrong  
  • Options
    I think it depends on what exactly my.com is doing in the contract

If they are just a glorified storage entity for Ashes unique servers who are taking the task at a discounted rate for more revenue and aren't involved with the game itself, then EU will be fine.

Customer support of course, could be an entirely different matter
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Giving rights to localize on eu for my.com and on ru for mail.ru makes games dead from the start. Their politics is to make money, not games. Please consider, what community tries to say to you.

Thats how hope for good mmorpg dies

• Options
    My.com is the European division of the Maill.ru Group. Unfortunately, there are no good localizers in the RU region, вut the unprofessional, greedy and loving to introduce in their localization hellish p2w only one - mail.ru. If you knew how they love lootboxes, they try to implement them wherever there is an opportunity. Hopefully Steven will not succumb to the toxic effects of my.com marketers who, to increase profits, will want to squeeze gamers.
    Many RU fans of AOС, after they heard that the localizer will be the mail.ru, began to talk about AOС in the past tense