Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here

Comments

• I have played MMOs since early 2000 when I played Ever Quest some but really didn't get into the genre until I started playing WoW in 2004. I played WoW heavily from Classic to WoTLK and kept a Max level character up to MoP. Around 2009 I started playing Eve Online and this is still my game of choice . I did play off and on at first but I have played Eve Online steady for the past 5 or so years. I have high hopes that this game can capture the sandbox as well as Eve Online but in a fantasy world.
  • Hiya!
    I'm Dawn (DamnitDawn or Smasherella in MMOs), I've been a fangirl for a few MMOs and still play every day.

I've been in IT for more years than I care to admit, started out as a dev and ended up on the Agile Transformation/Delivery side of the house, with a stop DevOps (still kinda have my hand in there), and a Jira product owner side gig at my current job, which I luuuurve (Atlassian, yeah!).

Anyway, I've been following Ashes for a while now and am loving what I see so far. Very excited to get in here and do stuff. I've done beta testing for other MMOs and would love to help out here wherever I can here.
    Cheers!
  • Hi i am laveyan xD
  • CNeexCNeex Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Greetings everyone,
    I‘m CNex (aka CNeex, aka Kevin) and I‘m following Ashes already for a while now. I am happy to be part of this forum and also being very excited about the endless possibilities Ashes will bring us (hopefully ;p).

I am a software engineer turned into a product owner/quality assurance manager.
    DamnitDawn wrote: »
    ...Atlassian, yeah!...
    +1 absolutely my opinion as well :smiley:

My passion are MMOs so I tried to get back into for a several time already. Unfortunately no MMO served the capabilities I am looking for yet, until I found Ashes. First I started MMOs back in 2006 but meanwhile stuck into the real life due missing satisfaction of those MMOs I played before.

I am looking for great fun together and meaningful discussions supporting Ashes Devs, forming a great game.
    I am always open minded for good conversations, so I am happy to hear from you.

Cheers and stay healthy,
    CNex

Cheers Kevin
  • Hi,

I'm TimeOfKaos, but my real name is Eric and i'm from Spain. I'm a programmer and i've been looking for this game for a while waiting to be released.

I also want to be able to get it in Spanish, but as many times it was said, we need a big comunity, but i will do the effor to translate, make the location job or whatever to bring this game to more people.

A pleasure and i will wait for updates.
  • KiffatKiffat Member
    Hello everyone,

my IG is Kiffat almost everywhere. Really looking forward to a true dynamic world where you can build a reputation (like it was in WoW 14 years ago...).
    I really hope this game lives up to the hype it gives me for 2 years now again and again
  • TheeWhiteTheeWhite Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Hello! I am TheeWhite and I like games.
    I am a contributor to Ashes of Creation Kickstarter, and since the day I'm following the major updates. Since the MMO testing will begin, I'll surely follow closely the news and hope that the game be ready as soon as possible. A Beta tester here, but even if I was an Alpha, I don't have a nice PC yet, so the timing will be good.

A few years ago I had played some MMORPGs but none met my expectations, and felt like a MMORPG should make us feel, and it is hard to explain, and harder to implement it. And that’s what I’m hoping the AoC team will make come true, and i'm pretty sure they will.

I really doesn't know what kind of character/profile I will be in the game, and that is kind of cool, since there will be a lot of specialization/mastery/path possibilities and I'd like to decide based on game experience.

Thank you Intrepid Studios for making us this game, and I'm sure it will be awesome!
  • Hello all! I am Sajanim, or as my Son and Grandsons call me, Old Man. I just recently came across AoC and for the first time in years got interested in possibly gaming again. I started out with the release of EQ, have played a number of MMO's over the years, and finally got bored with the same old grind in WoW, and quit playing about 5 years ago. I am most excited about the idea of a truly new kind of MMO. Looking forward to the new adventure.
    "Time and Tide waits for no man." (Chaucer)
  • DrainDrain Member
    hello guys, I'm fairly new to mmo & RPGs but I'm super exited to play this one.
  • Evening folks.

Was drawn here by the massive hype caused by Twitch and Youtube, now impatiently waiting for Alpha Two. Come on dev-team, turn this into the game we've all been waiting for!
  • TrubiTrubi Member
    Hi there.

Something about me.
    I've been playing mmo's since 2004. I spent thousands of hours in games such as Lineage2, WoW, Tera, ArcheAge.

Lineage2:
    I love it for the community driven conflict and competition.
    Nothing feels better like killing somebody who was bad-mouthing you on the forums.
    The shear necessity to compete and fight for hunting spots was extremely fun and challenging at the same time.

WoW:
    One of the best raiding systems I've ever experienced.
    Those close fights for who can down the boss 1st on the server.
    And excellent diversity for boss or encounter mechanics.

Tera:
    Best combat system on the market to this day.
    Engaging fast and fluid action combat.
    I've got frustrated and quit that game more times than I can count, but I have always returned, since nothing could satiated the thirst for the combat this game provides.

ArcheAge:
    Most interesting class/skill system. It provided so much variety and diversity, I spent hours just fiddling with the skill combinations to achieve game play I liked and enjoyed.
    Best crafting and housing system hands down.
    Too bad corporate greed got better of it. If not for that I would be most likely playing the game until this day.

I really like how AOC is cherry-picking the best systems out of these games and implementing them in it's own way.
    What I wish is that there would be an option to do 99% of the combat in one way or the other. I just think action combat is superior :)
  • Hey guys, I'm Tim or tlhgamer. New here, but looking to dive right in! I'm so very excited for this game and to be a part of this community!
  • Hello, I'm LordRaven,

I wana be the best Dual Wielding (Not because of Sword Art Online Thing or something) PVP and PVE player in the game and I will Invest a lot of time to polish my skils in game!
  • Hi, I'm Dragonwolf2. I will either go by this name or Harbek Fireforge if I can get it. I haven't played too many MMOs but I have some experience with ESO and such. I mainly played MOBAs in the past. I'm a huge D&D lover and have a few years of experience running it as a DM. In Ashes I plan on making a Dwarf tank and either being a paladin or guardian. I also plan on learning weaponsmithing as my master craft.
  • UrikkUrikk Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi, I am Urikk. I hopped on this bandwagon later than I would have liked but I am here now :smile: (I would have preferred to get in during crowdfunding stage -- pfft life-long memberships! :angry: ). Nonetheless I am very much so looking forward to AoC now that I have discovered it. Cheers!
  • Hello!
    My IGN is Brakiel, I am a recent follower of AoC, but I am also very on board with the concept.
    I played mostly Rift and WoW.
    I thoroughly enjoy theory crafting and balance discussions.
    Hope to see you all as I wander the posts.
  • Hello people! I’m Xavier. I have always enjoyed open world games and can’t wait to jump in and begin my journey to become a great (class undecided yet) haha, all sound so fun!
    JikhNl5.png
  • DeztoxDeztox Member
    Hi, my name is Deztox alias Playboybunny (in more non-serious MMORPG's). Going to be looking for a strong PvP and PvE guild with a few of my friends in the EU towards the more hardcore/semi-hardcore side.
    Really looking forward to seeing how the fighting will pan out and how dynamic it will be.

Played a wide span of MMO games: Neverwinters Nights, Ultima Online 2, Lineage 2, and WOW since Vanilla.
    Really looking forward to this game!!!
  • WolWol Member
    Hi all, I'm Wol or Wollow. Co-leader of a well established community of over 13 years. We cater for adults over the age of 25 who play MMOs our biggest and founding community is on WoW but we have also have a successful FC in Final Fantasy XIV. Really liking everything I'm hearing about AoC and we fully intend on forming a guild on this game as well.

Myself, I've played a lot of MMOs WoW being my main but tried GW2, SWTOR, FFXIV, Wildstar, Rift, ESO, BDO, LOTRO, Secret World, DDO all with varying levels of enjoyment.

Anyway HELLO! Happy to be here and support the game as much as I can because if the vision of this game comes to life it could be something truly special.
  • PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello all, Been watching this for awhile. Finally commited today with the Voyager Plus and can't wait to be part of the community!

Peggysuegotparried/Sandman
  • jsolojsolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey guys I’m jsolo and really excited for alpha 1
  • Knork3Knork3 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hi, my name is Knork3. Knork3 the Generic! Be very afraid!
  • Pravchenski, BarKeep of a Particular bar which will open somewhere in verra...A stranger in a strange land I am, My passion is to sell booze and to whore my women. Yes, it is weird how some of my girls are wearing wigs the size of dwarfs have scruff voices and have beards but hey, it get's the job done is all I must say. Now I need to decide weather or not I will make my brothel have a discount to dwarves or not, also need to stop drinking, else I remind myself if lesser bards who think cowbell works as improvised music...ugh, the thought. wait who am I talking to, myself? ya ya I must be, anyway I will see you when the time is right, welcome to my bar voices in my head.
    Pravchenski's Tavern and Brothel, Down your Booze like you down your Women, Bearded Dwarves in Drag!

-Pravchenski, yelling this at some twigs in sand, in a desert.
  • FildydarieFildydarie Member
    edited July 2020
    Hi all. Fildy here. Everyone always pronounces my full name wrong for some reason, but I don't know why--it is a perfectly ordinary Felwithian name. Fill-dee-dar-e. The "dar" rhymes with "far" (but everyone seems to pronounce it "dare", and the "e" on the end is a long e.

Yes, I've been around under this name since EverQuest.. In no particular order, I've haunted: Final Fantasy 11, Star Wars: Galaxies, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: the Old Republic, LotRO, World of Warcraft (Vanilla, Burning Crusade, Wrath, and Classic--we won't speak of Warlords)... probably more that didn't leave much of an impression.

To me, analyzing game mechanics is mind candy. Dissecting systems and how they interact, reverse engineering them, theorycrafting... this is what I do for fun. I'm told that I'm not very fun at parties. Or, rather, I wouldn't be fun at them if I attended. We'll never know, since I'd need to be invited first. But who has time for parties when you have databases full of parsed combat logs and SPREADSHEETS TO PLAY WITH?!

I'm looking forward to watching systems evolve throughout the alphas and betas... after that I expect the fun part for me will be over, but who knows?

Edit: Oh, right, I also played Aion for a bit. The trauma made me repress those memories, though.
  • Hello, Fraiture here. So looking forward to this project with you guys!
  • ruMynxruMynx Member
    I’m Ginger. I am a huge MMORPG fan and this has a lot of promising content and is absolutely beautiful from the demos. I am really excited about the Nodes and Professions in addition to the traditional game play elements. I love playing healers, so I am going to have a tough time picking a node because Scholar is my natural inclination.
  • Hi! Some of you may know me as "rabbit" from WWII Online. I came across this game after having my heart broken by Soul Bound Studios and their 'game' Chronicles of Elyria. Wish I had found this game first. I'm excited about the potential this game has.
  • DarkseidDarkseid Member
    edited July 2020
    Hello. Looking forward to Alpha-1 and beyond.
    ~
  • LobotbirdLobotbird Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Whats up everyone! LoboTbird here. Super excited about this game. Lots of great concepts going here! Truly bringing all of my favorite MMOs together into one place and I'm looking forward to calling this place home!
  • Hey my name is Steve! AKA Emrys! how are you all?
    a3001307668608efc0eab338071a9194.png