We are happy to announce that starting August 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM PDT the Divine Gateways will open once more for limited Apocalypse testing sessions! For more information, check out our FAQ here: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-08-14-steam-announce-and-play-test-faq-for-ashes-of-creation-apocalypse

You got Questions - We Got Answers

With four live-streams done now in the last 8 days, there is information overload out there.

Some of you may still have questions. Go ahead and put them here.

A lot of different creators are working on a lot of different projects, and we have some more interviews coming up, so load up those questions and lets see if we can't either direct you to an answer, or get your question queued up to the next CCs doing interviews.
«1

Comments

  • GeneralCatGeneralCat Member
    edited April 20
    Thank you for your work, Jahlon!

    My question is this:
    Are there astrological phenomenon that actively effect the world, or reflect actions in the world?

    Ex1) Meteor showers destroying cities.
    Ex2) A dragon has awoken, and a star changes color to signal it.

    We've read in a blog post about the stars ushering in the end of a city as they were getting brighter, that the Vek are a race of stargazers, and there are freehold buildings that are for astrological purposes. It could all be lore, but the freehold buildings raise suspicion.
  • With node citizenship coming before guildies during node wars, what happens when a guild goes on a raid? Will those guild members not be able to join the same raid? If they can, will they be susceptible to aoe damage from each other or will their node war status be temporarily suspended while grouped?
  • zitruszitrus Member
    Thank you a lot Jahlon!
    Personally for me this is a difficult topic to think/reflect about, however:

    1) Will there be spells that needs a reagent (difficult to get/craft/gather) to be activated?

    2) Will there be long casting spells or weapon abilities? (longer casting time --> stronger/bigger the result; result related to the character who does the action, who can be, in general, strong or weak)

    3) Will it be possible to customize some parameters, if not every aspect, of a spell/weapon ability somehow (or is it better not to because in this way the game cannot be balanced)?
  • JahlonJahlon Member
    Ruanku wrote: »
    Thank you for your work, Jahlon!

    My question is this:
    Are there astrological phenomenon that actively effect the world, or reflect actions in the world?

    Ex1) Meteor showers destroying cities.
    Ex2) A dragon has awoken, and a star changes color to signal it.

    We've read in a blog post about the stars ushering in the end of a city as they were getting brighter, that the Vek are a race of stargazers, and there are freehold buildings that are for astrological purposes. It could all be lore, but the freehold buildings raise suspicion.

    Excellent Question - and one that I know is going to be a held close to the chest one from Steven, but I have it written down and I'll try to get answers to this one at a later date.
    nibiru97 wrote: »
    With node citizenship coming before guildies during node wars, what happens when a guild goes on a raid? Will those guild members not be able to join the same raid? If they can, will they be susceptible to aoe damage from each other or will their node war status be temporarily suspended while grouped?

    This was already a follow-up question I have for Steven. We aren't sure what the Node War mechanic is going to mean for guild members. We aren't sure where the war mechanics are in place (is it just in those 2 nodes, is it the whole world). We aren't sure if it prevents grouping with Guild Members.

    More to come on this topic when Margaret does the Node Wars blog [whenever that one comes around]
    zitrus wrote: »
    Thank you a lot Jahlon!
    Personally for me this is a difficult topic to think/reflect about, however:

    1) Will there be spells that needs a reagent (difficult to get/craft/gather) to be activated?

    2) Will there be long casting spells or weapon abilities? (longer casting time --> stronger/bigger the result; result related to the character who does the action, who can be, in general, strong or weak)

    3) Will it be possible to customize some parameters, if not every aspect, of a spell/weapon ability somehow (or is it better not to because in this way the game cannot be balanced)?

    1) This has never been mentioned anywhere.

    2) Yes

    3) Yes - Abilities will be customization through the Augment System which includes Racial, Sub Class, Nodes, Social Organizations, Guilds, etc. Weapons have the new stones that were talked about, we are still getting more details on that.

  • grisugrisu Member
    A little addition on 3) skills themselves level with usage and you can pick some effects to specialize and stuff
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. Grisu
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. Zekece#1819
  • wildpancakes875wildpancakes875 Member, Pioneer
    I often see people get confused about why they cant play APOC on discord reddit and the forums. Could you ask steven to take down the download button or put a notice next to it saying "APOC is down for back end fixes and will be up at a later undisclosed time". To stop the undue confusion.
  • zorishzorish Member
    Couple of questions
    1- will the game be fully voice over?
    2- what about daily/weekly quests? Are we going to have those?
    3- can you hop guilds without limit? Only 1 guild, or we can have more?
    4- can you drop one citizenship and get another right away? Or are there steps to get it, like something you have to earn? Is money the only way to be a citizen?
    4a- What is forbidding me to be a new citizen (Spy) and relay information to the attacking side? What vision does citizenship grants me of defenses?
    5- Are there limits on when you're going to be able to defend a city or participate as a guild member in guild stuff?
    6- can you betray your city? Can you be inside the city and just drop citizenship and attack the place you were supposed to defend?
  • autumnleafautumnleaf Member, Braver of Worlds
    What kind of feel will the game have ? will it have it's dark and grim parts or will it be more "family friendly" ?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    What kind of feel will the game have ? will it have it's dark and grim parts or will it be more "family friendly" ?

    +100000000000
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • WololoWololo Member, Leader of Men
    zorish wrote: »
    Couple of questions
    3- can you hop guilds without limit? Only 1 guild, or we can have more?
    only 1
    4- can you drop one citizenship and get another right away? Or are there steps to get it, like something you have to earn? Is money the only way to be a citizen?
    cooldown time on changing , and loss of progression

    Wololo.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member
    1- will the game be fully voice over?

    No

    2- what about daily/weekly quests? Are we going to have those?

    There will be daily quests yes. But they won't be grindy go kill 50 things.

    3- can you hop guilds without limit? Only 1 guild, or we can have more?

    Unknown what the guild transfer cool down is, but yes you can only have 1 guild

    4- can you drop one citizenship and get another right away? Or are there steps to get it, like something you have to earn? Is money the only way to be a citizen?

    There is a 2 week cooldown after transfering citizenship, plus you loose all your status, standing, augments, etc.

    Money isn't what you need. Housing is what you need...with the exception of "citizen tickets" which were mentioned once and then never again.

    4a- What is forbidding me to be a new citizen (Spy) and relay information to the attacking side? What vision does citizenship grants me of defenses?

    Nothing, however all your alts share citizenship

    5- Are there limits on when you're going to be able to defend a city or participate as a guild member in guild stuff?


    Node defense aren't guild stuff, they are citizen stuff. Not sure what the rest of this mean

    6- can you betray your city? Can you be inside the city and just drop citizenship and attack the place you were supposed to defend?

    No. All citizens are automatically registered as defenders for node sieges.

  • zorishzorish Member
    Jahlon wrote: »
    1- will the game be fully voice over?
    5- Are there limits on when you're going to be able to defend a city or participate as a guild member in guild stuff?


    Node defense aren't guild stuff, they are citizen stuff. Not sure what the rest of this mean

    Thanks Paradox! Really enjoying your content.
    I meant, if as a new guild member or citizen member I have full access or there's a timeout for some things.
    For example in one game to be able to participate in Guild wars you needed to be a member for at least 1 week, so the first Guild War was never available. But since Node wars are related to citizenship, I guess Guilds don't matter for that!
  • JahlonJahlon Member
    zorish wrote: »
    Jahlon wrote: »
    1- will the game be fully voice over?
    5- Are there limits on when you're going to be able to defend a city or participate as a guild member in guild stuff?


    Node defense aren't guild stuff, they are citizen stuff. Not sure what the rest of this mean

    Thanks Paradox! Really enjoying your content.
    I meant, if as a new guild member or citizen member I have full access or there's a timeout for some things.
    For example in one game to be able to participate in Guild wars you needed to be a member for at least 1 week, so the first Guild War was never available. But since Node wars are related to citizenship, I guess Guilds don't matter for that!

    Oh, you mean if people can hot swap into guilds while they are at war?

    Yeah that I don't know. Guilds may be locked while inside conflict like it was in Archeage and Eve Online.

  • ravudharavudha Member
    Keep up the great vids @jahlon

    Does artisan mastery/specialisation preclude being able to do other professions at all or does it just limit how skilled you can become in them (e.g. a point allocation system in the whole artisan tree)?
  • JahlonJahlon Member
    ravudha wrote: »
    Keep up the great vids @jahlon

    Does artisan mastery/specialisation preclude being able to do other professions at all or does it just limit how skilled you can become in them (e.g. a point allocation system in the whole artisan tree)?

    We do not have information on the point system and how many you get, how many it takes, etc. etc.

    We do know you will not be a Master of all the professions.

    Waiting for more information from Steven or Margaret on this.
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited April 22
    tnx for creating this part @jahlon
    and tnx for the streams, i enjoyed yours as always.

    i have few questions but ill try to only ask the ones that i think will be more realistic for you to get answers at this point.

    1: we know that if someone attacks you and doesn't land the killing blow but lets a mob do it instead, they don't get flagged / corrupted. is there a way to prevent this kind of annoyance and griefing?


    2: will there be more racial interaction such as bad blood between dwarves and elves or etc ? (in general i would love to know more about in-depth possibilities and features of races)


    3: can a solo player for example, upon first arriving through the gate, ignore the first node and just keep exploring and going ahead and finding different nodes and places or is it just out of the question for low level and one player alone?
    Caedwyn.png
  • Tey DragonvaleTey Dragonvale Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    Q: Can we expect interactive social animations to include Headpats and Kissing?
    *i want to give other Characters the love they deserve.
    **So far, the wiki only speaks about dancing and hugging that need to be agreed-upon so that you can do that with other Characters.

    Q: Dab Emote(?) to celebrate the good things in life, like surviving a gank.

    Q: Pearl Diving(?) & Pearls as a resource for Crafting; examples: Alchemy, Jewellery?

    Q: Can you harvest the corpses of fallen (corrupted?) players (their Bones) for Crafting; Bounty Hunter Bone necklace (cosmetic Item)?

    Q: Can you harvest the corpses the of fallen enemies for Organs or Bones that you can feed to your Summons as a Necromancer to (temporarly) empower them?

  • BlackMystBlackMyst Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited April 22
    Not a super important question, but when will the Kickstarter and Summer Crowdfunding backer unlocks be added to certain profile inventories?
    Az47x4a.gif
  • JahlonJahlon Member
    1: we know that if someone attacks you and doesn't land the killing blow but lets a mob do it instead, they don't get flagged / corrupted. is there a way to prevent this kind of annoyance and griefing?

    Yes, this is already talked about as something they are going to look into.

    But you've read too much into this. We know it says "kills" but that may also mean "dies"

    So if you are engaged in combat with the person and they die, you may end up with corruption. Unlike Archeage where everyone gets an "assult" and only one person ends up with a "murder" every person in combat with the person may end up with corruption.

    2: will there be more racial interaction such as bad blood between dwarves and elves or etc ? (in general i would love to know more about in-depth possibilities and features of races)

    Yes. I can say from Alpha Zero there was already some of this between the two races of Elves.

    3: can a solo player for example, upon first arriving through the gate, ignore the first node and just keep exploring and going ahead and finding different nodes and places or is it just out of the question for low level and one player alone?

    Yes

    Every Node has a range of content from Low Levels. There is a "safe" path through the world, with safe being a relative term.



    Q: Can we expect interactive social animations to include Headpats and Kissing?
    *i want to give other Characters the love they deserve.
    **So far, the wiki only speaks about dancing and hugging that need to be agreed-upon so that you can do that with other Characters.

    Honestly, this is the sort of thing that makes people hate roleplayers and this takes being creepy to a whole new level.

    There are going to be some emotes that require consent. You can try to initiate, but much like real life, you can get denied.

    Q: Dab Emote(?) to celebrate the good things in life, like surviving a gank.

    With the range of emotes from Apoc, probably will see this added.

    Q: Pearl Diving(?) & Pearls as a resource for Crafting; examples: Alchemy, Jewellery?

    No mention, will add to the list

    Q: Can you harvest the corpses of fallen (corrupted?) players (their Bones) for Crafting; Bounty Hunter Bone necklace (cosmetic Item)?

    Not mentioned anywhere and probably not

    Q: Can you harvest the corpses the of fallen enemies for Organs or Bones that you can feed to your Summons as a Necromancer to (temporarly) empower them?

    Not mentioned anywhere and again probably not.

    Not a super important question, but when will the Kickstarter and Summer Crowdfunding backer unlocks be added to certain profile inventories?

    At the same time the other tiems get fixed in the account database. Its not exclusive to KS/SB, the problem is everywhere in the database.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited April 22
    Whale and or sea monster hunting.

    Kraken is en very currently but I'd love to see random-ish spawns of large sharks, giant squid and other sea monsters.

    Edit: ?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member
    Karthos wrote: »
    Whale and or sea monster hunting.

    Kraken is en very currently but I'd love to see random-ish spawns of large sharks, giant squid and other sea monsters.

    Edit: ?

    Sea Monsters are plentiful yes.

    Confirmed in my interview.

    No pirates though

  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds
    Jahlon wrote: »
    Karthos wrote: »
    Whale and or sea monster hunting.

    Kraken is en very currently but I'd love to see random-ish spawns of large sharks, giant squid and other sea monsters.

    Edit: ?

    Sea Monsters are plentiful yes.

    Confirmed in my interview.

    No pirates though

    No pirates?!

    I'm out, it was a good run for me.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds
    @Karthos, you my good captain, could be a pirate. Just think of all that untapped NPC free booty.
    Open seas for all the pirates that will play Ashes without NPC competition!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • SintuSintu Member, Braver of Worlds
    I have several questions all basically revolving around stealth mechanics. These may be too early in development to know or answer. But if you know or can work them into your future questions with Steven i would appreciate it.

    1.)Can all classes stealth with the correct subclass?

    2.)How long does non combat stealth last while moving around?

    3.)Is there a way to restealth while in combat? (example would be the vanish ability for rogues in WoW)





    Thanks Jahlon for all that you do!
    jnbED09.png?1
  • Here is my question:
    Legendary craftable items.
    We do know that there will be most likely legendary weapons and armour, but will there be other legendary craftable items?
    Items like... i dont know.... legendary gems, for jewel crafting, or something in that direction.
    My main goal is to craft the first legendary gemstone on my server, so this is a bit important to me xD
    uQHKizC.gif
  • JahlonJahlon Member
    edited April 23
    I have several questions all basically revolving around stealth mechanics. These may be too early in development to know or answer. But if you know or can work them into your future questions with Steven i would appreciate it.

    1.)Can all classes stealth with the correct subclass?

    Not confirmed. We do know Cleric/Rogue can stealth, but we have no other details other than a singular soundbite.

    2.)How long does non combat stealth last while moving around?

    Unknown. We won't know this until A1.

    3.)Is there a way to restealth while in combat? (example would be the vanish ability for rogues in WoW)

    Again unknown. We won't know this until A1.


    Steven is pretty closed off to the idea of talking about skills and classes until the appropriate time in. We do have the Cleric/Rogue thing confirmed as having a Stealth, if by Confirmed™ you accept that it was mentioned once and was subject to change.

    And don't forget, Stealth isn't a true invisibility. Its more like the cloak the Predator has from the movies.
  • JahlonJahlon Member
    Damokles wrote: »
    Here is my question:
    Legendary craftable items.
    We do know that there will be most likely legendary weapons and armour, but will there be other legendary craftable items?
    Items like... i dont know.... legendary gems, for jewel crafting, or something in that direction.
    My main goal is to craft the first legendary gemstone on my server, so this is a bit important to me xD

    While not Confirmed™ with a soundbite, we know there are legendary item, we know there are legendary craftables, and we got word that there are a range of gems/enchants with a range of grades, so Legendary could be among them.
  • GeneralCatGeneralCat Member
    edited April 30
    I have another question lol. I'm not sure if it's been answered.

    What will the rating for the game be, and will there be tasteful nudity?

    I noticed an ARTISTIC painting hanging on the wall (left side of the door) in one of their walk throughs.
    https://youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2452&v=KCr9yh2Y97I
  • IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited May 5
    Q: Is it planned to add Guards & NPC workers for freehold? Was there anything stated?
    x37k7m.gif

  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds
    Well, I guess my question would be, what are the next few things they're going to share with us, or likely to share with us in the next two months?
Sign In or Register to comment.