Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

You got Questions - We Got Answers

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Ulquiorra wrote: »
    Will older exclusive cosmetics become purchasable again for eligible Intrepid package holders(like my.com)?

There are only 2 months that are eligible for this back dated purchase, and that is December 2018 and Jan 2019.
    Arkethos wrote: »
    Hi Jahlon,

I started a thread on this before realizing I should have checked w/ you first! :) What insights have you to share regarding the following damage/mitigation types (and sub types)?

Damage Types
    - Will there be differing damage types, beyond just physical/magic, that will have different levels of effectiveness against different armor types? Basically, more sub-types of damage such as Physical-Piercing or Physical-Bludgeoning? Magic-Fire vs Magic-Ice?
    - If so, will these damage types be bound to weapons or actions? For instance could a sword be effective with a "Flat-Blade" type blunt attack as well as Slashing and Piercing attacks?
    - Further, will different damage types (and sub types) be more effective against different mobs in PvE scenarios? Fire vs Plants or Lightning vs Fish? My experience FFXI weighs heavily on mechanics like this, where as it felt less impactful in other MMO's.

Mitigation Types

- I thought I heard in one of the Q&A sessions w/ the Intrepid team that some armor will do better against physical vs. magical damage, but does it get more granular with successive sub-types such as Mail vs Plate vs Leather, when it comes to damage types?

Example Damage/Mitigation
    - Slash | most effective against cloth | least effective against plate/heavy
    - Pierce | most effective against mail | least effective against leather
    - Blunt | most effective against plate/heavy | least effective against cloth
    - Hack | most effective against leather | least effective against mail

With magic, a circular hierarchy along the lines of:
    Fire > Ice > Wind > Earth > Lightning > Water > Fire

all sounds like good stuff, that we have NO idea about yet. More to come so standby to standby
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    How will nodes types be determined?
    Will the first major of the node decide if its a Military or scientific node?
    Or is the node type determined at launch?

If its the second then i hope they allow us to see the node type at level 0. At least while inside the node.
    Would really suck if you put effort into leveling a node only to see that it wasn't the one you wanted to level.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    Xenotor wrote: »

If its the second then i hope they allow us to see the node type at level 0. At least while inside the node.
    Would really suck if you put effort into leveling a node only to see that it wasn't the one you wanted to level.

They are pre-set and fixed; cannot be changed
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey Jahlon, I asked this in general and no response, maybe you know the answer,

Hey guys I prolly missed this, but are caster's spell's slowed down if hit, or interrupted completly, or nothing at all?
    Also will there be weapon speed in the game, IE. 2.5 dps sword takes 2.5 seconds before you can strike again?

Thanks in Advance
  • Options
    DemidreamerDemidreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is it okay to be part of the 4% crowd on youtube? Have you ever played Starcraft2? Look me up on SC2 if you do, same ID tag as here.
  • Options
    HeruHeru Member
    Aside from the Mayor role what other roles are there to help support the Node as it progresses ?

I.E. Council Members with unique titles and jobs to aid the mayor in making decisions and pushing the ideals and vision of the mayor with the citizen's suggestions in mind. Basically a cabinet of individuals.
  • Options
    My question is quite simple: With the benefits of joining a node, most will do so. However, is there any provision for players who don't want to participate in any form of politics (i.e. no citizenship, guild, etc)?
  • Options
    XenotorXenotor Member
    edited August 2020
    Jahlon wrote: »

They are pre-set and fixed; cannot be changed

Thank the Dead Gods.
    and Thanks for the answer

Do we see what node type it is at level 0?
    Or do we have to level them up first?
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    Heru wrote: »
    Aside from the Mayor role what other roles are there to help support the Node as it progresses ?

I.E. Council Members with unique titles and jobs to aid the mayor in making decisions and pushing the ideals and vision of the mayor with the citizen's suggestions in mind. Basically a cabinet of individuals.

The devs have said that a mayor will be able to appoint cabinet members below them to assist in the governance of that node. Wish I could link the live Q&A that steven said that on but I can't remember which.

In addition to those cabinet members, each node will have other social organizations that have leaders in them that will alter the node in smaller ways as well. Like a node with have a primary religion and a player will be its head priest, nodes will have NPC ran organizations like the Scholars Academy, the Trader's Guild and the Thieves guild. Leaders from these groups may alter how you manage the city as well. And finally patron guilds, depending on node size, 1 to 3 player run guilds can be awarded the patron title and have land in and powers within that node.
  • Options
    loghanloghan Member
    edited August 2020
    @Xenotor At stage 0, a node is just barren wilderness, there will be no clues as to what node type it will be. At stage 1, Expedition, the NPCs in it will tell you what type it is just by looking at them. From what I gathered in videos, it sounds like getting a node from 0 to 1 wont take but a few days to do, maybe even faster.
  • Options
    loghan wrote: »
    @Xenotor At stage 0, a node is just barren wilderness, there will be no clues as to what node type it will be. At stage 1, encampment the NPCs in it will tell you what type it is just by looking at them. From what I gathered in videos, it sounds like getting a node from 0 to 1 wont take but a few days to do, maybe even faster.

But that sucks hard.
    If my guild wants to level a Millitary node we should not have to randomly level nodes until we got the right one.
    I mean the level 1 node will lock the nodes adjustent to level 0.
    So we could level nodes to level 1 for days and still not have the right one.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Xenotor At stage 0, a node is just barren wilderness, there will be no clues as to what node type it will be. At stage 1, encampment the NPCs in it will tell you what type it is just by looking at them. From what I gathered in videos, it sounds like getting a node from 0 to 1 wont take but a few days to do, maybe even faster.

But that sucks hard.
    If my guild wants to level a Millitary node we should not have to randomly level nodes until we got the right one.
    I assume that if you are intent on a particular node type your best bet is to join a level 1 node and not pursue level 0 nodes since you only have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the one you want.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I agree with his plight tho, I too wouldn't mind if the devs found a creative way to hint to us what that Tier 0 node will grow to. Maybe a military node tier 0 has some random rock formations in the area with cave man drawings on them of a sword, while a divine node tier 0 has rock formations with cave man drawings on them of a holy light glowing down on a priest. Thus a clever player with a sharp eye can see these cave drawings and shout in discord chat (bois come to me on the SW side of the volcano area, I found a military node!)
  • Options
    I agree with his plight tho, I too wouldn't mind if the devs found a creative way to hint to us what that Tier 0 node will grow to. Maybe a military node tier 0 has some random rock formations in the area with cave man drawings on them of a sword, while a divine node tier 0 has rock formations with cave man drawings on them of a holy light glowing down on a priest. Thus a clever player with a sharp eye can see these cave drawings and shout in discord chat (bois come to me on the SW side of the volcano area, I found a military node!)
    I agree. To me that would be ideal. If Intrepid is hiding this then I’m curious about their motivation. Are they trying to set up a system where more nodes are likely to pop up organically by hiding their nature at level 0? I don’t think that will work, I think people would just abandon the node at level 1. Unless it takes so much effort that the fallacy of sunk costs leads them to continue, are they counting on that...? I think unless we know their motivations in making these decisions it’s hard to criticize them, or judge whether they were the right ones to make.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    GimlogGimlog Member
    edited August 2020
    @Xenotor I don't know why your are willing to go in the wilderness to get a military node.
    But you will have a hard time to succeed, have you understand that you have no way to know if the area you choose with your guild to xp could be on 2 ZI or even 3. And you have no way to know which one will lvl up.
    Good luck with your plan
  • Options
    XenotorXenotor Member
    edited August 2020
    Atama wrote: »

But that sucks hard.
    I assume that if you are intent on a particular node type your best bet is to join a level 1 node and not pursue level 0 nodes since you only have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the one you want.

The Problem will be at launch.
    There will be no level 1 node to go too.
    Many people will rush away from the starting area to go the edge of the land for the ability to make ships.
    It will be a race to level your nodes up so you can vassal the other nodes around you.
    Kinda hard to do that if you keep trying different nodes.

Games should be fun and that aspect of the game sounds tedious to me so far.
    It doesnt make any sense to lock the knowledge to level 1 nodes.
    I quick indicator on the UI would be all they need to do.
    When you unveil a node from the fog of war you can see a symbol on the map showing what kind of node it it.
    -2 Crossed swords for military
    -A light shining down for Divine
    -A Coins for Economy
    - A Book for Science

You still have to explore but at least you know were you are setteled.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

But that sucks hard.

The Problem will be at launch.
    There will be no level 1 node to go too.
    Many people will rush away from the starting area to go the edge of the land for the ability to make ships.
    It will be a race to level your nodes up so you can vassal the other nodes around you.
    Kinda hard to do that if you keep trying different nodes.

Games should be fun and that aspect of the game sounds tedious to me so far.
    For the first few days that might be the case, but by then you will have a number of nodes at level 1. After that it’s not a problem.

Your choices will be...

1) Wait a few days before wasting your time on the wrong node. You might not even have your guild logged in with strength by that time anyway.

2) Hit a node right away and hope you get lucky. If so, great. If not, you have to decide whether to move on or just accept you won’t have the node you want and make the best of it. By this time someone else would have unlocked the node you want, so just go join them instead.

Remember you’re not going to have guilds running nodes. Guilds won’t be big enough and nodes will be too large. Whatever you do, you’re going to have to work alongside other guilds anyway. So it won’t matter much if you were working on leveling the node on day 1 or day 3. In the long run it’s trivial.

Again, I’m not saying I love the idea that you won’t know the node type before it is leveled. I’m not sure why it’s done that way. But it’s not that big of a deal since it only takes a few days estimated to get a node that high.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    @Xenotor I don't know what type of guild your are in , but there is no advantage for guild to be citizen of a particular node , to have a strong guild you will need the 4 of them , so go for a nice place , get xp and see what ever node rise.
    You'll have the 3 others type nearby and if you are luck the spot you choose attract lots of players and this node rise to a metropolis.

But I feel like you miss understood something in this game.
  • Options
    As you say Gimlog, to get the unique benefits of each node type you would put some of your guild members in each of the nodes, example: your guild's master crafter in a scientific node since it will have the best crafting bonuses. your guild's main guy for trade/logistics in the Economic node, and so on.

But here's a counter balance to that, to become the patron guild(s) of a Node your guild has to be one of the most active guilds in that node. So spreading your people out over 4 nodes may make it too hard to ever achieve patron status. I guess the best play is to just put 1 or 2 of your people in each node and then focus the vast majority of your guild in one node of choice to seek that patron status.
  • Options
    But @loghan why are you seeking to be patron of a node in the first place ?
    One guild will never be " patron" of a metropolis and they maybe loss more than they win while trying...
    That you want to be king of a castle ok , but "patron" of a node ? There is no point for a guild.
  • Options
    The intent is for the reward of being named a Patron Guild of a node (Town can have 1, Cities 2, Metros 3) to outweigh the cost of becoming one. I imagine if the devs are noticing that none of the top guilds are bothering with gaining patron status because there's a better min/max way of doing things then they will up the levers / increase the bonuses that come with the privilege of Patron Guild. The devs want guilds to bust ass to achieve that title so I think they'll alter the bonuses however much they need to in order to get the intended response they wanted from the player base.

Currently the perks of being the patron guild are: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Social_organizations#Patron_guilds
    [*] Emblems can be applied to guild armor that can be purchased from the node
    [*] Participation in the node's stock market
    [*] Ability to participate in specific guild-based missions that will progress the guild's leveling and development
    [*] Allocation of guild points to unlock specific node abilities for guild members
    [*] Ability to claim an in-node guild hall. These have different perks and benefits to halls placed on freehold plots.

A couple of these perks are super vague so they could be huge or minor, we won't know till beta.
  • Options
    1. Will Classes(architypes combinations) have their own unique passive bonuses and mechanics or only skill morphs?
    2. Will there be fist weapon (any type of combat gauntlets/knuckles etc.)?
  • Options
    Ok @loghan look like I miss this one ^^"
    But you get a higher chance to be a patron guild by being there early in the development of the node only if the participation of the guild count from lvl 0 to 4 and +
    If it's registered from lvl 0 , we have no idea if a big actif guild arriving at lvl 3 could participate more than the guild that has lvl up the node to lvl 3.
    But we will see ;)
  • Options
    vorch21 wrote: »
    1. Will Classes(architypes combinations) have their own unique passive bonuses and mechanics or only skill morphs?
    2. Will there be fist weapon (any type of combat gauntlets/knuckles etc.)?

We do not know the answer to 1

So far the answer to 2 is not before launch, maybe after
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    How will 40 man raids or 250v250 node sieges work in a game with player collision? \
  • Options
    Reglon wrote: »
    How will 40 man raids or 250v250 node sieges work in a game with player collision? \

How will they not work in a game with player collision?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Impact of xp debt on max level characters:
    • Removing corruption through grinding will be impacted by xp debt.
    • When an expansion releases with additional levels available, then the previously max level character will have to clear debt to continue leveling.

Another player said these will scale off of total xp debt:
    • Skill and stat dampening
    • Lower health and mana
    • Lower gear proficiency
    • Reduction in drops from monsters
    • Drop a percentage of raw materials

Is all of that correct and a full list of the impact experience debt on max level characters that we know of?

Also, since node development depends on xp earned in the node, does xp debt block contributing xp to the node?
  • Options
    @Jahlon Did you notice Steven's pucker factor increase the few times you were mentioned in the live stream today?

🤭
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Hurf Derfman
    I watched carefully because I was curious after reading your comment. I could not see it at all.
  • Options
    so ive got a question here:

we know that increasing guild sizes comes at the expense of the bonuses you might otherwise choose, do we have any info on what these bonuses could be if we did not choose size?

a follow question on that would be, if a smaller guild owns a castle, will it be able to stand its own against an invading large guild?