Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, August 28, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    UnhappyTacoUnhappyTaco Member
    edited August 2020
    neeko2lo wrote: »
    Good evening from Munich, Intrepid.

- Most People I talk to are worried about the combat of Ashes. As someone not knowing the insights of game developement, why did combat take a backseat after the Apocalypse testing?

(Bonus: When is the Content Creator Program reopening? I would love to help)

I would like to know specifically how fluid the movement and combat as whole will be.
  • Options
    How will a characters size affect their hitbox in a PvP scenario against someone using action combat abilities? Will dwarves just be harder to hit than the other races? How will this be balanced?
  • Options
    NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    MrLaggy wrote: »
    Ever consider the option to steal from players i.e. pickpocketing? Say the Rogue Rogue build levels to the highest rank in the thieves guild and now they get the option to pick pocket rares and below or something.

The said this will never be a thing.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Rogue#Theft
  • Options
    HonestSi wrote: »
    Greetings to Intrepid, many thanks for giving us hope that an MMO can be a wonder once again.

My question is about how we will be able to switch builds between PvE and PvP specifically: For example I want to raid with my bard and presumably will have some manner of 'talent tree' but will almost certainly want a different set of specializations for Arena PvP.

How do I switch between them, and how much control and flexibility do I have with customizing my class? Many thanks!

Details are not very plentiful but read here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Primary_skills#Skill_points
    Regarding switching your Secondary Archetype, it will require talking to an NPC. See Here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes#Changing.2Fswitching
  • Options
    Can a player be both a mayor and a monarch at the same time?

From AoC Wiki "A king or queen can also become a mayor."
  • Options
    Hjerim wrote: »
    To our knowledge, Intrepid exceeded the estimated cost of production of $30 million a while ago. Steven himself have largely been funding this game up to this day. Is this a sustainable situation for Intrepid for possibly one or two years more development time - and now also with the added cost of self-publishing in EU?

What are you basing your information on? By my knowledge they are still below $30 million. The costs regarding EU update are interesting though.
  • Options
    Tyrantor wrote: »
    Good morning IS team and thank you for you're consideration to answer our questions. I'm going to list several please choose any of which you're comfortable answering. Thank you in advance regardless if you choose mine.

1) Siege Mechanic: Would IS consider pre siege commencement events for buffs, rewards, titles etc I.E. Military Node Mayor and Siege leader begin the siege by picking players to duel (1v1(or other vs ratio)) and then the winners of this fight can continue to challenge the opposing side until some variable or condition has been met and then the war begins. - The theory here is that the military node mayor is decided by combat, it would be a unique feature to allow single or small group combat to highlight the siege before battle that could be spectated inside of the arena in the city. The winners of their individual fights would gain some reward or recognition/title for their fights possible expanded on if the same person(s) are able to win multiple engagements/all, if Mayor and Siege leader agree to 1v1 possible siege wide buff/debuff for winning/losing respectively.

2) Bounty Hunting: How accurate will the corrupt player map awareness be? Is this going to be pin-point accurate ie. Behind this tree/bush. OR More general location ie. Zone XYZ.
    (In terms of Risk/Reward I believe it should not narrow down the location more than a zone to allow for a “hunt”).

3) Character Stat/Skill Growth: Will there be attribute point allocation beyond base race at creation to give unique build opportunities. At each level gain will the stats be automatically applied or will the game allow creative stat distribution for developing characters designed around specific play styles? Will there be any attribute or skill/power runes or other items available at character creation or late game (character binding not weapon/armor enhancements) that will help differentiate characters. i.e. +30 to axe skill, +25 to crafting(sub crafting), +30 to INT, Dex, Str etc.

4) Removing Corruption: Once a player goes corrupt would it be considered for any combat based kill (of other corrupt or combat flagged characters) to gain some removal of the corruption buff/reduction of corrupt penalty. Essentially allowing someone that became corrupted to PvP their way out of the corruption instead of forcing PvE questing or death. Since the corrupt player would be at a disadvantage due to the corruption debuff it seems like the risks to continue pvp should gain some reward, if they are no longer attacking non combatants.

5) Player Driven Quest/Task System: Allowing players to create quest/tasks for different scenarios I.E. Crafting materials, Bounty Hunt for non corrupt players, Player sponsored Caravan quest (defense). Players offering the quests will have to escrow the reward, all quest items have to be turned in face to face/proximity for quest to complete. (note: While all of these items could be handled in game chat (WTB: 100 Iron ore etc) it seems like a great system could be built in game to cut down on random in city shouts - just the flash back to early EQ days and other MMOs)).

Taking a quick stab at these (although - only 1 question was allowed per person).

1) This is more a suggestion than a question. I don't think what you suggest is viable as it would just eat up way too much game time from the prime-time window.

2) It will be pin-point.

3) Can't answer all your questions but: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Stats#Stat_growth

4) I believe only PvP Events grant XP and thus reduce corruption.

5) Not a question. Mayors can allocate awards to certain node quests already so your statements are partially answered.
  • Options
    Iandriel wrote: »
    At launch, would it be more strategic to stay near the starting areas or run off to the other side of the map and start leveling up a node?

I don't think they can answer something like this as they will not give you recommendations for optimal play. Also, if they did answer, they would say "we would make sure all paths are equally profitable and effective". Finally, the players will figure it out anyways after a bit and the reality would probably be different from any answers you would get.
  • Options
    Xyphien wrote: »
    Since alpha 2 will be on 24/7 until release, and from what I've gathered will then be used as the official test server. Does that mean those who will use the Alpha 2 test have to log into another server for Beta 1 and 2? Or will it be on the Alpha 2 server? Will the A2 server be upgraded throughout the time it's up to make way for it being the test server, and if so why should we move over to the B1 or B2 servers if A2 has the same features added? We can still report bugs, and figure out exploits/etc. on the A2 server.

Alpha-2 will not be on 24/7... it will have down-times (although not long). There will be wipes on Alpha-2 as well. It would make no sense for the Alpha-2 server to be different and lacking content released by Beta-1 and 2. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    HydroX wrote: »
    Will classes be affected so much by the "Racial buffs" so there will be certain metas? example: a meta where tanks play Ren'kai's?

While "marginal" benefits for certain race and class combinations will exist, Steven has repeatedly said that they intend for all race/class combinations to be basically equally viable.
  • Options
    Do you plan to add weapon proficiency when it comes to certain races/classes utilising specific weapons? And will there be a weapon skills levelling system that might affect your hit/miss chance depending on your level?
    Love you guys <3
  • Options
    RubyRuby Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Tulnar be able to have Avian (birdlike) traits? Same question for feline traits
    oQjiaXE.png
  • Options
    Crain wrote: »
    How will a characters size affect their hitbox in a PvP scenario against someone using action combat abilities? Will dwarves just be harder to hit than the other races? How will this be balanced?

I wanted to ask this aswell, so this question has my vote :smile:
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Ruby wrote: »
    Will Tulnar be able to have Avian (birdlike) traits? Same question for feline traits
    Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tulnar character in the Character creator.[14]
    Mammalian Tulnar may have snout features, fur and inverted knees.[15]
    Reptilian Tulnar may have more circular eyes and head shape, and scaly skin.[15]
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    edited August 2020
    DrAce wrote: »
    Will purchasable cosmetics be sellable for in-game money?

No you will not be able to sell or trade cosmtics but they will be sharable with characters on the same account.
    All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable.[17] There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.[18]
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Bojler wrote: »
    Hello guys. I like the PvP scenarios you told us so far, but what will be the TRUE end game for pvp? Arenas, Rated Battlegrounds with raiting? Will there be pvp gear with pvp specific stats?

There is no 'end game' as the world is always in flux with buildin up and tearing down nodes and castles. There will be no separate PvP gear from PvE gear. With the crafting system stats can be adjusted with augments and enchanting.
    There will not be different PvP and PvE gear types
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Hayaikawa wrote: »
    What sort of weather system will the game have? I.E. Purely visual or will it affect types of gatherables or maybe even combat to some degree?
    Underrealm
    the Underrealm. Tunnel flooding and other effects will be related to the weather above ground. The seasons above ground will kind of inform what happens
    634 bytes (1,303 words) - 14:50, 1 February 2020
    Guild fortresses
    will have to take into consideration the lay of the land, time of day, weather, and even seasons into account when forming their battle plans.
    479 bytes (1,033 words) - 13:50, 11 June 2019
    Seasonal events
    radically change the current season a zone is in, or elongate it. This includes weather changes. Items, crops, buildings, and crafting mechanics might gain certain
    482 bytes (1,008 words) - 19:18, 3 May 2020
    Guild halls
    will have to take into consideration the lay of the land, time of day, weather, and even seasons into account when forming their battle plans.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Hillstrum wrote: »
    Will it be possible to sell mounts that you have bred using animal husbandry? I think it would be really cool to start a business selling unique mounts taken and bred from different biomes of the mapy for players to show off all across the world.

Yes, as they are part of the artisian system and can be sold like other goods.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Dara wrote: »
    Can we get clarification on whether freeholds are totally destroyed and you loose everything or are they partially destroyed and need to be repaired to be able to function again

You will be mailed blueprints of your destroyed Freeholds and will be able to relocate and rebuild with more supplies (not as much as you needed to build original structure)
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    TroyBoy wrote: »
    What will the Scientific Node election process look like? Can we see a Ranked-Choice voting system implemented to avoid winning with a minority of the vote?
    Node elections (category Nodes) (section Node government)
    through an interface. Scientific node governments are elected democratically. Node governments are chosen from a node's citizenry when a node reaches stage 3
    304 bytes (1,112 words) - 16:16, 18 August 2018
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Veriable wrote: »
    This might be a dum question, but to catch the live stream on the 28th I guess that would be 2 eastern time I just come to the web page here? Do I have to download a player or anything?

A link will be posted when the Stream goes live which is usually posted in Ashes news section on Discord.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Kaelang wrote: »
    Will there be CC breaks in-game? Such as a WoW trinket, or innate abilities for characters?

Yes, there will be ways to break CC in game if certain classes spec into the abilities.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Hello! I have two questions.

1. I don't know how to word this, so please bear with me on this, but would there be a system in place for Corrupted players who continuously participate in PKing to organize and create something of a, as a layman's term, bandit encampment? Something where in order to counteract their extreme disadvantages as Corrupted player characters, they could come together under some form of pseudo guild?
    2. Will there be any implementation of unarmed combat? I mean like simple Caestus weapons, to full-blown abilities, or both! I've been doing martial arts for a really long time and I love when I can play a martial arts-esque character in MMORPGs. Just wanted to know if that was on y'all's idea-board at all.

• Options
    neeko2lo wrote: »
    Good evening from Munich, Intrepid.

- Most People I talk to are worried about the combat of Ashes. As someone not knowing the insights of game developement, why did combat take a backseat after the Apocalypse testing?

(Bonus: When is the Content Creator Program reopening? I would love to help)

Combat has been at the fore-front of development the entire time. What is your source for claiming it has taken a backseat? I mean, they have other systems that need work but they never disregarded combat to my knowledge.
  • Options
    sl3yz wrote: »
    Hello, hope you are all doing good!

Now to my Question:

My Friends and i are more on the casual side of things and i was wondering if there will be a Main Questline and Side Quests we will be following and how they will look like in this playermade world.
    Im just asking this because you announced that the game is more "sandboxy" than your average MMO and i feel like it could be kinda difficult to set such a straight path in such an organic world.

Byee!

This is what's know on the Quest lines and Story Arcs:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Quests#Narrative_quests

• Options
    Hakurai wrote: »
    With the ability to wear cosmetics, have any class use any armor and weapon, a total of 64 classes, and health values being hidden - what sort of indicators will there be for players to identify enemy threats in PvP, and are there any concerns that the learning curve for new players might be too steep under those circumstances in terms of understanding who their opponent is and what is happening to them in combat?

Here is what we know about Threat Assessment:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvP#Threat_assessment
  • Options
    Other MMO's I've played have huge botting problems when it comes to the "boring" parts of the economy. To give two examples, WoW (at least Classic) has several bots farming mobs because "real" players can't be bothered to do that, and ArcheAge has problems with bots doing all of the farming, caravan runs, and processing.

While it's unfortunately impossible to have a bot-free MMO, what will AoC do to make these "undesirable" tasks fun and rewarding so there will be less incentive to bot?
  • Options
    I'm wondering if there will be a preview option for cosmetics? For example, in Path of Exile you can't preview what the cosmetics will look like on your character before you purchase it. Is this a feature that's currently being worked on or possible in the future? Thanks.
  • Options
    Grox wrote: »
    Will this game have controller support? Playing a game long term and for a very a long period of time is much more comfortable, preferable, and easier on the body with controller. I'm hoping we can setup a mostly full action setup with only around 6 abilities. Instead of having to spam a whole bunch of abilities like playing a piano. No thanks. Would be nice to have the option not to. This may be a deal breaker for me if forced on mouse and keyboard spamming excessive amount of abilities like WoW.

Это ваши проблемы, большинство джойстик в ММО не интересует и способностей будет больше шести. У вас глупый вопрос! / This is your problem, most of the joysticks in MMO are not interested and the abilities will be more than six. You have a stupid question!

This is for asking questions that haven't been asked or answered. Not for you to demean, insult, and bully someone who asks something you don't like. Not for you to express your personal controlling behavior and narcissism.
  • Options
    Hi Steven. My questions are: 1)Will the game have a Spanish translation? 2)Will there be servers for Latin America?