Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• Options
    High Priest (elven) and/or Paladin (human). Depends on character creation options, body-type, etc.
  • Options
    zammwichzammwich Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My current plan is to go bard in some capacity, But still waiting on more details.
  • Options
    Tulnar scryer.
  • Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pirate wrote: »
    Curious to know what everyone is going to choose! I can't wait to play Alpha-2! My only regret is not finding out about this game earlier to buy the dark allegiances cosmetics. :'(
    pEV1XW0.jpg

Hey OP please attach a poll
    Izil.png
  • Options
    I might try the Shadow Guardian. I can imagine the epic armorsets on him :p
  • Options
    So many options to choose! I will take the mage and want to figure out how to one shot someone;)
  • Options
    FokkoFokko Member
    Trickster ;)
  • Options
    oujnine wrote: »
    Defenitly enchanter..wanna live that log horizon shiroe fantasy :D

Lol I'm doing the same with Isuzu and bards. She doesn't have a sub class tree setup yet though, but I probably wouldn't have followed it anyway if she did. Like how Shiroe is specifically specced completely into support and mana regen.

I'll prob have a summoner alt though. Summoner has a cool design to it. I think some people are misunderstanding the class as a hybrid class because it's not. It will be able to do any role but you have to setup your build for it ahead of time. I'm pretty sure it was added to supplement the lack of tanks and healers while also adding a unique fun class.

I've been picking up things Steven has been saying through the developer updates and some people have such bad misinformation for certain things. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Gotta be mage, would be cool based on the spells already given in the dev updates and content releases to be able to quickcast for cool combos, for example, using blackhole (draw enemies together and binds) and drain (for the mana to be able to keep casting), teleporting in and casting lava pool on yourself and teleporting away leaving a decoy.

Got to say I think based on the "monumental effects" during sieges it would be pretty interesting to add semi-monumental effects such as a group of 3 mages (one a teleport main to initiate it) can use a kind of ultimate together where they can channel energy and teleport in a circle, with the smaller the circle for more range and more mages means more range, allowing for teleportation of groups of people to a destination for example ambushing a caravan or moving a group to defend an area.

In that regard, other classes could do the same such as special group buffs for a group of bards in a circle, etc.

Loving the content so far can't wait!
  • Options
    paddettepaddette Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Hawkeye or Predator. Wanna get cart robbing early-doors.
  • Options
    Personally, I'm very interested by the Summoner as a secondary class. Seems to me like it would enhance the base class very differently depending on what you pair it with.

Having said that, I think Fighter/Summoner (Bladecaller) and Cleric/Summoner (Shaman) both sound really unique and interesting. I figure I would run an Empyrean Bladecaller or a Vek Shaman.

But really who knows. I'm an altoholic, so honestly, I'll probably play all 64 a dozen times over before all is said and done.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    High Priest. So when you all need powerful and skilled healing for your major raids and caravan fights, give me a holler.
  • Options
    Cleric followed by High Priest. I always seem to end up as the healer for my friends and guilds going back to EQ1 so no need to mess with that formula.
  • Options
    I always liked a shaman, good dps and good heals. We will see the shamans playstyle in AoC.
  • Options
    Without a doubt, I'll be choosing something between Mage+Mage, and Summoner+Bard. Pretty much anything within these 8 archetypes are going to be my go-to, at least for my primary character. Archwizard, Warlock, Sorcerer, Spellmancer, Conjurer, and Necromancer ...maybe Enchanter are those which call to me. Nothing else even remotely holds my interest as a primary investment.

Other builds I will be curious to try on alts: First and foremost will come Shadowcaster & Shadowmancer... perhaps even Magician.

I wish more than anything (knowing full well it is not likely be granted) that the "holy trinity" of Tank/Healer/DPS were nudged to make room for dedicated "Support" roles and classes, as I feel this has always more accurately reflected my favorite playstyle - alas without such I'm left to tinker around and juggle between Healing / DPS to find what's most fitting among the magic-based roles featuring supportive utilities. I could thoroughly enjoy the entirety of my experimental and explorative gameplay up until the point of discovering players being shunned deemed unworthy by the super hardcore minmaxing elite pedantically reminding every player "that dps loss" rather than being appreciative of those who take pleasure in improving the party adventuring experience by lending their abilities for a slightly more unique and smoother ride than just MOAR DPS! THAT'S NOT ENOUGH DPS!!

Take "Bard" for example, in many games and likely starting out as an Archer might retire their arrow-slinging for party-bolserting and enemy-weakening song... this is the only Bard I would play. If the Bard's song(s) had effects which contribute to damage indirectly but no less than any other potential DPS member...
    • Bard joins a party...
    • A courage-enhancing song riles their resolve and enthusiasm increasing damage performance respective of their roles: increases to tank defense, healer's cures, DPS output, perhaps adding traits to other role's natural abilities. As Bard sings, healer's cures now have healing over time...
    • The Bard increases in level and ability, adding an instrument to their singing, further lifting the spirits of their comrades. Perform more complex songs through button combinations where fewer mistakes further improving performance. Perhaps buff duration or potency is increased for flawless performance.
    • The Bard increases yet further in level and ability, and now for very limited durations as combat openers or finishers dependent on the situation, the GCD speed decreases party-wide to keep the Bard's rhythm. Damage output increases overall as a byproduct of their performance. They are no less contributing to total DPS output, regeneration, damage mitication, or whatever the situation calls for...
    • Their performance buffs scale to party member total, always contributing as much as the "absent" would-be-DPS member. They remain by all means every bit as effective as a DPS class, but retain options suitable to improve every other role and all while keeping their identity as "Bard" and FEELS like you're playing Bard...

Necromancer depends heavily on minion/pet behavior - I'm fine if the undead disappeared/reappeared based on active combat, but should it play similar to titles where skills are underwhelmingly typical, like teeny tiny skeletal aimlessly "grabbing" from a ground-target location as Crowd Control - or inflict "disease" for DoT and call that "Necromancy" - I'd rather spare myself the disappointment. On the other hand, if I can summon undead minions that burst from the ground, physically grip enemys to bind, cling and get dragged for slow, bite and claw for DoT, or transfer increments of an enemy's lifeforce or vigor to a minion or ally... ANYTHING more impressive than Necromancy in other titles... I'll go full primary Necro especially if such a path ever offered unique quest opportunities to even subtly alter character appearance. Rotting skin, hollowed eyes, etc.

I get that all that is probably exceedingly difficult to achieve. Much of what's possible has most likely already been established or showcased at some point I might've missed, and I obviously don't know jack about coding or balance. But even just masking DPS roles with alternative / experimental / indirect playstyles would be unique enough to FEEL less restricted by the trinity...
  • Options
    EnvoyEnvoy Member
    Ren'Kai Orc - Weapon Master. >:)
    roma invicta
  • Options
    I'll probably pick some weird non meta weakass class like a bladecaller or something.
  • Options
    These names (some?) are placeholders right??
    Please tell me I wont be picking a fantasy combat archetype named after a motorized military vehicle.

Highsword? SPELLMANCER??

I'll probably go with Charlatan, so my main weapon can be a flower and off hand some scathing quips about your appearance.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    clone63 wrote: »
    These names (some?) are placeholders right??
    Please tell me I wont be picking a fantasy combat archetype named after a motorized military vehicle.

Highsword? SPELLMANCER??

I'll probably go with Charlatan, so my main weapon can be a flower and off hand some scathing quips about your appearance.

don't like the class then don't play the class
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Either Templar or Assasin
  • Options
    definetly going to go bladecaller with some heavy armor
  • Options
    Lordhavok69Lordhavok69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Every combination of Tank starting with Guardian. Gonna try them all and see which I enjoy the most. Most likely end result will be Tank/Cleric or Tank/Summoner if my Tank/Tank doesnt work out well.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    My current options (with no info on them) are:
    • Weapon master/Spellsword/Highsword/Bladecaller (really Fighter but no clue about their augments)
    • Paladin
    • Wild Blade
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Asgerr wrote: »
    • Weapon master/Spellsword/Highsword/Bladecaller (really Fighter but no clue about their augments)
    • Paladin
    • Wild Blade

With a spear of halbard?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited May 2021
    gah I still have no clue which class I'm going to run.

Mage (Warlock/Sorcerer) - I usually pick mages in games but I usually like mage specialties that aren't straight damage(i.e. wizard/elementalist). I'm more into buffs and cc's, and using subtle tricks to my advantage. Still I dig ranged magic dmg (esp dots and aoes) so I'll probably go with this.

Summoner (Enchanter/Spellmancer) - Also really interested in summoner, we'll have to see how that plays out, had a lot of success with necro in Rift and I think that pet classes have a lot of fun subtle advantages with line of sight and management. If I could grab more buffs/cc's from bard that might be a win. If its overplayed I might shy away from it though. Idk that shouldn't matter but i can't help it

Bard (Songcaller/Magician/Trickster) - I don't normally play bards (mechanics and character wise) but I love support classes so I want to see how this turns out since its supposed to have a lot of active buffing which is really exciting for me. But if it ends up melee ranged I'll probably skip.

• Options
    BonesInBonesIn Member
    Cleric something. I'd like to heal but not sure what my options are.

A tanky paladin type healer with a big swinging hammer might be fun with this sloppy no target style of game.

But if there's a absorb/buff/debuff/dot/drain/control build I'll be that for sure. I play control blue/black or white magic decks.

Some kind of life steal tank is also high up there for me.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Nagash wrote: »
    Asgerr wrote: »
    • Paladin
    • Wild Blade

With a spear of halbard?

That would be the plan. At least for the fighter one. Paladin I see more as mace or sword and shield
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Trickster, Obviously. An easy choice.
  • Options
    I’m torn between Paladin & Predator... it may depend on how group play is for casual folks such as myself who likely won’t have many friends playing this.
  • Options
    MrMilotMrMilot Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Anti stealth class