Alpha Two Roadmap Showcase and AMA Livestream - Friday, August 16, 2024 at 11AM PT

Comments

• CJM147CJM147 Member
    Will there be more opportunities to purchase access keys for alpha 2 in the future and if so when should we expect them to be available?
  • Will we see the secondary class feature in alpha 2?
  • Are there any plans for play tests in South Asian Countries like India? I reside in India and would like to purchase the play test key and try out the game. I've been following the development of this game since the beginning.
  • MicMic Member
    Given that all races can be all classes and all classes can use all weapons and armors, is it possible that the secondary class augments involve ability/power dips, to efficiently use the design and art assets and investment? Ala Archeage multiclassing.
    kjqcbtugadzb.png
    Dwarven Guild est. 1996. Hammers High!
  • I'd like to start off by saying a job well done to everyone one the team. For my question, how do you all plan on evolving? More specifically what do you see for the future of the game and dealing with social and current issues that could come of a project like this.
  • RevarRevar Member
    I grew up with tabletop RPGs. Is there a way for me to create a Drow, the dark-skinned and white-haired subrace of Elves? If so, which race should I choose: Empyrean, Py’Rai, or Tulnar?
  • ODeinsNODeinsN Member
    edited August 12
    As there seems to be a lot of confusion about the scope of a realm (formerly known as a server) which leads to mega guilds like PirateSoftware's 13k player guild being under construction, could you clarify how many players will be able to play on a single realm and how many realms are going to exist.

Will there be a single realm for EU, NA, etc or will there be multiple realms per continent
  • What is Steven's clear definition of risk ? Does risk always include PvP ? Can you give some example of risk situations ?
  • VissoxVissox Member
    edited August 12
    How can we trust any dates set in this AMA when Intrepid (Stephen) repeatedly says that they are confident about things like a Q3 for alpha 2, WITH a video trailer announcing it? If we cannot trust something with the production value of a trailer, how can we gain confidence from a little indian powwow stream.

I don't want to be rude, but a lot of people have invested a lot of money into this game and it isn't even out yet, I think it's fair for the playerbase to have expectations of reliability. We ran away from blizzard because of this exact behavior.
  • How much of the planned fishing system will be available in A2? Especially regarding the mechanics of catching fish, is the design finalized and just needs work? Leaks appreciated :smile:
  • The game flux is important, and testing things through the way from character arrival until it becomes someone important to the world is a must during Alpha.

But...

Will be there, at any time, an Alpha realm focused on end game testing? Maybe one where the character already comes with the max level and can "buy stuff for free" to testing prupouses?
  • The main question I have is what is the road map to beta and the 1.0 release? I’m not asking for hard dates but what are the main goals throughout alpha 2 roadmap that will show progress and when will it go from alpha 2 to beta again not dates but what are the goals or major point of emphasis that will tell the community and yourselves we are say 40% of the way to beta.

Early access on steam is often an alpha two type state and they are usually still adding features and stories or they are real early beta how close are we to those.

• What's the current estimate for the summoner archetype being implemented, and could you share anything about what y'all already have for it.
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Which systems and features need to be completed before A2 is considered complete?
  • PeffPeff Member
    What are your contingency plans if the Alpha 2 phase uncovers critical issues in core systems, especially those related to combat and class balance? How might these impact the projected timeline for Beta and full release?
  • How many servers/realms are we expecting on launch of A2?

Has there been any progress or updates on the ocean with regards to the caravan system; can we expect shipwright/ sailing showcases in the A2?
  • In the world of Vera there are many rivers and streams. Will we be able to float down them with a small canoe or rowboat. I can picture some great times starting in the high mountains. You put your canoe in the water with a few friends in the small stream at the top of the mountain and float all the way to the sea.

ex. Archeage had many rivers where you could take trade packs from inland zones to the sea. Was so much fun!
  • AphosAphos Member
    Will the servers be mostly persistent, other than downtime due to planned and unplanned maintenance, after A2 begins?
  • GegyenGegyen Member
    After Alpha 2, what comes next?
  • Hello, from what I've seen thus far the game is coming along in a great fashion!....I purchased (albeit a bit late methinks) the $375 package and have yet to get called in to help with anything....any suggestions?
  • Why aren't people who paid extra for your product two years ago and promised alpha access and upgrades getting anything but marketing noise from Intrepid?
  • AshrazelAshrazel Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are there any plans to have non-combat activities and events, such as fairs or scavenger hunts?
  • YeXiuYeXiu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is the underground biom already explorable in Alpha 2 and what level of nodes can we expect?
  • I wonder if scrolls could increase the chance(even by a small margin) of processing or crafting legendary gear or equipment?
    it could help scribes earn lots of cash
  • While we know you said you want to limit fast travels i was still wondering if you could pretty please consider giving mages (Archwizards) a form of fast travel via Portals/Teleports?
  • cehdarcehdar Member
    Can we expect to see at least one of every mount type at the start of A2?
    (Ground, Gliding, Flying, Aquatic, Group)

[I humbly ask to consider adding a sea otter inspired aquatic mount that carries players like their pups/kittens]
  • RagnarRagnar Member
    When will we have content in Spanish?
  • AnvilAnvil Member
    edited August 13
    Will we be able to craft our own Weapons, Armor, Food, Furniture, Shields and Other Necessities such as Ammunition (I.E. Arrows and Bolts)? And if so, Will we be able to craft them at better than "White" quality, and what will be involved in that process? (No RNG in Crafting Please, Skill or Material based results only please) Also What Professions will be available to Those who wish to craft? (Blacksmithing, Gardening, Cooking...etc.)
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!
  • FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is party size still 8 players for single groups?
  • HeljyHeljy Member
    Do you plan to recruit from other countries as the game expands internationally? For the management of "local" community, or tests of the language version of the game for example.
This discussion has been closed.