Alpha Two Roadmap Showcase and AMA Livestream - Friday, August 16, 2024 at 11AM PT

Comments

• SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What guild systems will be in at the start of A2?
  • TirentTirent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

What will city or metro nodes offer to players beyond just being large cities? Will they include exploration opportunities, quests within the city, sewers to explore, and various shops, or will they merely be vast, empty stone jungle like every other MMO.
  • DoozerDoozer Member
    edited August 11
    As alpha 2 server launch grows near, is Intrepid Studios still planning on having Game Masters?
  • MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Assuming there will be the persistent test server(s) up, will there be targeted testing goals?

e.g. "This weekend we would like all players to focus on crafting and providing targeted feedback to those systems", or "Between dates X and Y we would like all players to focus on Caravan mechanics so we can iterate on those experiences"?
  • RaideyRaidey Member
    Would it be possible to swap your primary and secondary archetype at any point, through respec or other means? For example, wanting to be a Beastmaster (Summoner + Ranger) but start leveling as a Ranger for thematic/roleplay purposes, instead of taking Summoner first?
  • 1. Are there any updates you can share regarding Guild Fortresses. How they would function, purpose, placement. If they would be instanced.

2. In terms of scaling and limiting free space in the world regarding Nodes, Freeholds, and Player housing how would the population be limited in a node to not allow for massive overcrowding of the zone.
  • 1. When will the Alpha 2 Access be available to purchase again?

2. How much will the new Alpha 2 Access Keys cost?
  • BcrypterBcrypter Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is possible to enchant passive or active habilities on weapons ?
    how gonna work the enchant system on A2 ?
    Why should I apologize for being a monster? has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one ? By Suzuya Juuzou
  • Can we milk the Tulnar? and will that milk be available to sell in game?
    The Steven giveth and the Steven taketh away
  • Hello Mr Shariff,

I love chopping wood in real life and I want to know whether or not there will be wood chopping in alpha 2.

Will there be different types of trees?

Will there be skill attached to chopping the trees?

Could you tell me about the inspiration behind the different tree types?

Please answer, I'm a very loyal fan!
  • qurionqurion Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 11
    Which version of Unreal Engine are you currently using? Do you plan to upgrade the engine further pre-lauch?
  • HOMEHOME Member
    With this Alpha being a "true alpha" will there be wipes ? or will it fall into the no wipes forever early access game worried about content and player count versus making the game better.
    5txzw8oj30yl.png
  • Hello Mr Shariff,

I love chopping wood in real life and I want to know whether or not there will be wood chopping in alpha 2.

Will there be different types of trees?

Will there be skill attached to chopping the trees?

Could you tell me about the inspiration behind the different tree types?

Please answer, I'm a very loyal fan!

yes, its called Lumberjacking https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lumberjacking
    The Steven giveth and the Steven taketh away
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This question is from my 12 year old who has a A2 key. When will we see the lava lands?
  • BurnsJBurnsJ Member
    edited August 12
    What methods will A2 testers have to deliver formal feedback?
    In-game, forums, discord?
    Is there a preferred method?

What about people who prefer to make overly complicated, long YouTube videos about a specific topic?

Dr Burns - Copium Clinic
  • What does Steven think and expect from us as future AoC testers?
    EDym4eg.png
  • NorkoreNorkore Member
    edited August 12
  • muparteemupartee Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Of all the 64 class options, why is it that a druid isn't among them? Which class option might be most similar to a druid experience?
  • Will we have skills with area pull effect in Ashes of Creation in future?
    I saw them on kickstarter videos and first tank implementation but don't see them in current version of Ashes of Creation.
  • Will the game be in English only during the testing phase?
  • When naval content?
  • rawradishrawradish Member
    edited August 12
    1) Will dwarves have penalties imposed due to their diminutive size(hit box) eg: Additional damage when struck by ranged opponents who are in active combat mode.
    2) You once mentioned 5 regions being associated with Auction Houses. If that is still a thing, how will these regions be determined?
    3) Presuming that backgrounds (racial traits) will be implemented at the start of A2, will there be any that may have to wait for later content eg: naval content
  • Is the team currently planning on making sailing more skill based than what we saw in the caravan showcase? For example, wind speed / direction, realistic turning radii rather than simple tank controls, or requiring team mates / NPC hired hands to be engaged with larger ships while they’re sailing for maximum stat efficiency.
  • RitchieSHRitchieSH Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is the current number of Alpha 2 Participants before the key sales go back online?
    Subscribe to RitchieSH. You know you want to
  • BembulBembul Member
    edited August 14
    If I am remembering correctly you have stated that you are aiming for max population of servers at launch to be around 10k, with this in mind how many players will be the max at the start of A2, and will there be enough content to support that amount of players?
  • - Loss of xp
    - Item loss
    - Loss of stats
    All in x4

You've played L2 with a well-balanced karma system, allowing for policy development (those who think PK is just for killing lows...don't undertand (I'm not going to go into detail at the risk of burying my question. But I'm available :)) ).

Why the loss of stats? The risk/reward seems too unbalanced.
  • Are you planning on revisit UX/UI at some point? IMO iconography looks good, and it's gotten better for the latest archtypes. However general UI style (window frames, skill bars and frames, health bars...) seems very generic, it lacks personality and could be something found in any other game. It looks like something taken straight out of the box. I think it would be great if it had more unique elements related to the game itself and be something easily recognizable at a glance, even so that people that do not play the game actively knows which game it is.
  • What type of feedback will be most beneficial at the start of A2?
  • Freeholds are mentioned on the wiki to require max level (50) in order to obtain.
    What kind of requirements will be placed on the attainment of freeholds in Alpha 2 with the max level being most recently stated at 30?
  • Roughly what % of the game will be playable during the alpha 2, and how long do you expect the alpha to last?
This discussion has been closed.