Alpha Two Roadmap Showcase and AMA Livestream - Friday, August 16, 2024 at 11AM PT

167891012»

Comments

• Can you describe how the Node system might influence NPC behavior and interactions? For instance, if a Node develops into a metropolis, will NPCs begin to form their own factions, political intrigue, or even rebellions?
  • In AoC, how do you unlock sub-classes? Is it just a menu selection, or do you need to complete specific quests, like a Summoner finding a book to become a Necromancer, or a Mage embarking on a journey to become an Archmage?
  • zaayrzaayr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    are augments a separate system or is the augments from picking a second class? like picking ranger then mage just going to make the rangers have ice and fire arrows.
  • mpnherrickmpnherrick Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    bard?
  • What part of the A2 Roadmap are you most excited/looking forward to?

Can we anticipate underwater content at the start of A2?
    tk21izrtnoxb.jpgThanks for making this image Azherae!
  • PeacemaynePeacemayne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 16
    Hey AoC Team, with A2 right around the corner and the hype being more focused on just playing the game, I feel like this would be a great time to remind people the best way to report bugs to further assist the process! =D.
    Anywhoodles, How do you see the cadence of patches happening at launch of A2 and beyond.

Many fans of the process and AoC copium addicts (Its me, I'm the addict) have been looking forward to more Dev updates or at least some more frequent updates to how the game's development has been coming in between the monthly Dev updates (AWESOME, job btw), are there any plans to roll out more bite sized snippets, teasers, or even sneaky little posts (WE LOVE YOU STEVEN!) to stem the tide till the next monthly update?
    He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done. In the end, I will still usher those to either the jaws of Ammit or Eternal Paradise.
  • HiemsHiems Member
    With the finances of Ashes coming from the monthly subscription and the cash shop, will you be adding handy and reasonable ads, Capchas and two-factor authentications to the game for things like resurrection timer reductions, confirming targetting enemy attacks, buying and selling with other players?

Please find attached a reasonable image of how unobtrusive and user-friendly these can be, what are your thoughts?

pe49tegvcp1f.png
  • stvstv Member
    Will villages haver a variety of houses and design or it will be like new world ? Copy paste cities.
  • HavelHavel Member
    edited August 16
    Will there be a DoT focused caster class? I need my face-melting warlock
  • CritzBTWCritzBTW Member
    edited August 16
    Can we get an update on the minimum PC specs for Alpha 2? What are the PC specs being run at the moment during the live stream showcases?
  • mateusz_ptaszekmateusz_ptaszek Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 16
    Will castle sieges be ready?
  • KuybiKuybi Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 16
    Is there another laucher for Alpha 2?
  • NeorineNeorine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We've heard nothing about religion even though it's going to be a major PvE element in the game, supposedly it's going to be in A2, what can you tell us about it so far?
    4ticemcuvf1g.png
  • FilthyRich247FilthyRich247 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we be able to query kill and death data via the API, such as items lost upon death, who killed another player, or who died to another player?
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fd2ivnc2q9r7hxa9gmg6oa5vbh1jp2hogfd9vq7ol&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • OssusOssus Member
    edited August 16
    Will any class-specific skills offer the ability (Extensive or not) to tame and care for a combat companion? For Example, if a Hunter/Beastmaster tames a Wolf, Lion, Bear, Spider, Turtle, etc.
  • Hi Steven, Hi Margaret, Hope you are well, including lil' baby bump! My question today is this: Will there be Triggered Cutscenes when moving thru a questline [ racial, profession, or other ] and if so, are the animation design teams working with the lore creation group to help keep Verra's continuity solid? Just "How Deep" will the lore go within the game? - Nyl of ShadowForged
  • Will Ashes of Creation be actively blocking Steam Deck and Linux users from playing with anticheat? I've heard the game would use Easy Anticheat (EAC) which is fully compatible with linux and only requires a very simple enabling from a developer. Many games with EAC are fully playable online, even Elden Ring is fully playable online through proton. but there are a few EAC games that aren't and it always seems to be out of spite. I really hope this won't be the case for AOC, as I've yet to find an mmo that i love that isn't playable on my favorite operating system and device which both seem positioned to only grow it's userbase from here. Please Intrepid, I know I'm in the minority here and it's niche and not something to cater towards, I'm not asking for a native client, just don't actively block us from playing by not ticking a box in EAC settings. I will dual boot to windows to play if I have to but it will kill my enjoyment over time.
  • brownricebrownrice Member, Alpha One
    Hello happy to see finally after 5 years from apoc to A2 ASHES IS getting closer to an amazing release. With some big smashing of course. Happy to have been apart of alpha and apoc days happy to get those live streams and all the community interaction it makes this game dev and eventually release worth the time I put into understanding and watching the growth happen good job I'm proud to be small part in this amazing development.
    Cheers
    :#
  • Glorious AoC Overlords and Overladies, many people are concerned about mega guilds. With quite a few guilds reaching into the thousands. Are there any plans to prevent these guilds/Zergs from hurting AoC or your servers apart from the potential buffs a smaller guild may have in the guild system?
  • MonadMonad Member
    Will UI customization be enabled in A2?
  • grampsgramps Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm looking forward to being back in Verra.

Great work by Steven and his team.
  • HOMEHOME Member
    I feel like the game is leaning to far into the PVP direction, where is some PVE updates
    5txzw8oj30yl.png
  • Will there be updates to all the questions asked in the forum, similar to the monthly dev streams? Or does the community team only respond during the monthly streams?
    a7wdhhu32156.jpg
This discussion has been closed.