Alpha Two Roadmap Showcase and AMA Livestream - Friday, August 16, 2024 at 11AM PT

Comments

• How much play time do you see folks getting in Alpha2? Will it be sporadic or will we be able to every day for a while?
  • 1. Are you guys going to be giving us objectives/goals to test to drive the test in certain directions (ex: reach level X go to this zone and complete this set of quest) or is it just play the game and find bugs?
    2. What is the submission method you will be using for tester to provide feedback and do you want feedback only on bugs/glitches/etc or also feedback on how the game operates and feels to the player?
  • How do you guys feel about the practice of "crunch"? Do you think there's a possibility you would use this practice to get the alpha 2 release over the line?

I bet it's an exciting and at the same time a stressful time right now for the dev team, I wish you all the best!
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    At which phase of A2 (after Summoner and rogue patch) can we expect to be able to test out secondary archetypes and Augments?
    z1ll9rrad5qo.png
  • VelkinVelkin Member
    What percentage of the map/world will be available at the beginning of alpha-2 for the testers to move around in?
  • LaetitianLaetitian Member
    edited August 13
    There has been recent forum discussion about streamer guilds, and at least one streamer announced particularly ambitious plans, and probably won't be the last one. Have you considered the solution of making a public announcement to encourage streamers to spread out their communities into smaller guilds across many server realms, instead of filling up entire servers with just their own community; not just for our sake, but also so they don't end up without other players to fight? I think they don't understand the node and server realm population limits.

(For Community Management: I think this could be relevant for alpha capacity, too, but I'll gladly ask it again next month.)
    The only one who can validate you for all the posts you didn't write is you.
  • LaetitianLaetitian Member
    edited August 13
    1. Are you guys going to be giving us objectives/goals to test to drive the test in certain directions (ex: reach level X go to this zone and complete this set of quest) or is it just play the game and find bugs?
    2. What is the submission method you will be using for tester to provide feedback and do you want feedback only on bugs/glitches/etc or also feedback on how the game operates and feels to the player?
    @tacolord710 These questions are great, but Community Management enforces the "one question per user" rule very strictly, so please commit to one and edit your message before tomorrow morning, or it probably won't be picked.
    The only one who can validate you for all the posts you didn't write is you.
  • renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
    Will we be able to mess around with religions and/or their potential augments during A2?
    [NA] Pandemonium| PVE focused | RP PVX | Tulnar | Divine Node
    Come check us out!
  • UmorUmor Member
    You will take a questionnaire to find out if we are happy, for example, with the amount of freeholds available?
  • ImmortalityImmortality Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Something we ask every AMA.

How are you doing Steven?
    yd0y002nxmah.gif
  • Would you ever consider letting players design modifications to Unreal Engine 5 assets that could be incorporated into the game world (pending approval from community moderators and/or developers)? I know I’m being a bit crazy… But just think of the wild and creative possibilities Steven!!
  • Apparently, there are multiple ways to play each class (for example, for the tank, there will be the health pool, magic resistance, and a dodge system). Will these different playstyles be available from the beginning of Alpha 2 ?
    And for mages, will all types of magic be accessible from the start of A2 ?
  • ZelpexZelpex Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How many biomes will be at the launch of Alpha 2?
  • AspisLuxAspisLux Member, Alpha One
    What are the differences between the tank and fighter archetype aesthetic-wise?
  • KairusamaKairusama Member
    edited August 13
    Outside from trading various materials and helping out with quests/dungeons what gameplay opportunities, if any, are planned for characters of varying levels; if I'm 5 - 10 levels higher or lower than my friend can I expect to engage with any gameplay loops together?
  • SavicSavic Member
    Will there be server wipes every time a new biome is released? If not, what is the plan on how these updates are to be tested/played during Alpha 2?
  • Cygnus wrote: »
    Can the bard play the accordion? I'm going to be massively disappointed if I can't roleplay as Weird Al. Seriously though, any plans to let us have some sort of system to play music ourselves in town with a band?

Can we also get a tuba? And can it be the same size as a dwarf? And please still let that dwarf flip around with said tuba
  • TeraasTeraas Member
    Will you be able to dual wield two One handed swords on Alpha 2 launch?
  • When it comes to divine nodes, the wiki states that we will not be able to have temples dedicated to the Others. Is that set in stone, or is there still a chance that we might have ways to earn favor and progress on the religion path for an evil deity?
  • SitolSitol Member
    Is there a way to upgrade beta beta key received with pre-order pack to alpha-2 key?
  • Solid_SneakSolid_Sneak Member
    edited August 14
    Will there be melee weapons / bows with magical damage (fire, frost, arcane) and if so, will they scale with Intelligence while their crit chsnce is dictated by Dexterity?
  • Idhalar AlBaieshIdhalar AlBaiesh Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 14
    Any updates on the out of combat utility skills of the different archetypes? It's been quite long since the last time we heard about them.
    Only in silence the word, Only in dark the light, Only in dying life.
  • srwaCnsrwaCn Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited August 14
    Is A2 planned to be more spot testing or leaning towards a continuous live server where testers can login at their leisure? :o
    Guildless
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 14
    Will we drop gear on death ever and if so, are there plans to have a personal bank that cannot be touched when sieged or will gear not be as rare as one would expect in an mmorpg? For example, will we be crafting a lot of "top tier gear" and losing it in pvp or will we have the option to stash away our best loot and pvp with alt bis gear?
  • YommiYommi Member
    Will we be able to access/download the alpha 2 client prior to being able to log in? My gf and I are both going to be testing and both of us downloading it at the same time on day of release would suck
  • I’m Australian and every single game ever has horrific Aussie servers, terrible player count and usually they don’t do beta servers. As I invested a heavy amount will Aussie servers be on alpha 2?
  • Tel_DagzaTel_Dagza Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 15
    I'm always Keen on the Religion aspect of Games. The Religion Nodes, how are they Going to Compete with the Other nodes? If they basically have a focus on Social/Culture Credits, how will that translate to the resource management of towns?
  • If any archetype can equip any weapon or armor type, are there any downsides to equipping plate armor on every character? What would be the benefit of equipping cloth armor over plate armor if the crafting system will allow players to get the specific stats they want on their armor?
  • OrbificatorOrbificator Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 15
    How far back can we go in time and know what we see in videos hasn't been lost requiring redevelopment? I understand the change to UE5 came with a cost.
    u4ud44oeff0w.gif
  • ShadyZekuShadyZeku Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do you have any plans on how often you are going to to do a reset of the servers during A2?
    hyqovcxpbmjn.png
This discussion has been closed.