Alpha Two Roadmap Showcase and AMA Livestream - Friday, August 16, 2024 at 11AM PT

Comments

• HalaeHalae Member
    edited August 8
    Is it possible to specialize in more than one profession type? Clarifying, could I be a Hunter and an Animal Husbandrist, or am I restricted to only one or the other if I want to partake in Animal Husbandry?
  • BcrypterBcrypter Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What level of crafting progress we gonna find on A2 ?
    Why should I apologize for being a monster? has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one ? By Suzuya Juuzou
  • NovidoNovido Member
    How much will low tier crafting/resources be viable in late game?

In most games they become more and more unimportant the more the game processes. But in a social MMO I hope to see even low tier resources have some usefulness when it comes to the macro economic perspective. For example repairing (all tiers of equipment) and node and guild upgrades.
  • edited August 11
    All things have a history. How much access & detail to npc's, land/ poi's history.

Any chance large events will spread news through word of mouth.
  • ArcticElysiumArcticElysium Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 8
    In the current state of the game is the elite system just a placeholder?
    Are there plans on revamping the elite system so it feels less like a gatcha game and more like an mmo?
  • CrolnowCrolnow Member
    Will rogues have a good amount of crowd control (CC) abilities? If not, will players have the option to specialize in CC through skill tree or augments?
  • Any design/provision for killing a bots and not becoming corrupted? e.g. reporting the bot, killing them and if report confirmed then corruption removed,
  • KanenKanen Member
    Will having a different second archetype make players less effective in dungeons, raids, caravans, and other PVE content?

For example, when looking for a party healer, do you think players will only desire Cleric/Cleric classes? Would it ever be more or equally efficient to change up the Cleric's second class to something else and still be somewhat min/maxed?
  • LivuLivu Member
    Where are we with the mounts and husbandry ?
  • Is ones ingame Family name for the family system tied to the optional Surname at Character Creation or is it created in a UI menu / from talking to a NPC.
  • TheRagingTunaTheRagingTuna Member, Alpha One
    With class balance not being focused around 1v1 3v3 etc, are there any plans to have arenas implemented in any way during alpha 2. Keeping in mind that it would not be fine tuned and polished to standards, but it would still be cool to see its current state for competitive pvp people
  • TheRagingTunaTheRagingTuna Member, Alpha One
    There is a concern among some players that damage tracking addons/plugins, which announce results to the raid/party, are facilitating toxic behavior and deterring less-metric-minded players from participating in group content. Are there any plans to address these concerns in the design of the addon/plugin system?

Are there plans to release the character creator as a standalone free to access feature during A2, or at any point?

Seeing the hype for the game, and the player expectations, and seeing how players have responded to "let downs" previously, what do you think needs to be said to temper the community, and really prepare them for this next phase of the game, and the visibility on "rough spots".

Thank you for considering my questions! Looking forward to the stream, as someone who's been following the game for a while, and got early hands on (Pax 2017), but never was in a financial position to get access, I look forward to the stream-able content!

Spoils from beating my buddies in some super early ashes PvP:
    799ekh6wx0o3.jpeg

a lot of this has been answered a long time ago. there will be no addon/plugin/api support. character creator will come out before alpha 2 (probably only to alpha 2 members but maybe everyone)
  • Will everyone have access to the character creator? It would be a good form of marketing
  • Will the game have a DPS class focused on crowd control? (Cc)
  • RagniRagni Member
    edited August 9
    How is DPS calculations done?

I played an older game called Dark Age of Camelot where each level, you had .3 damage more per level to use (top level being 16.5 at 51). It was MUCH easier for the dev's to balance with 'higher up' weapons/armor giving more skills/stats/utility and not damage from weapons. Styles (skills) were also on the same type of system.

Would AoC have a similar 'setup' for weapon/armor/accessories or are they strictly doing the usual style of 'big damage, I want huge numbers!' with items?
  • BaralhoBaralho Member
    edited August 9
    I love it
  • BaralhoBaralho Member
    I need bard solo DPS plssss
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Once A2 launches will the monthly livestreams be focused more on what is coming soon to A2 since we'll already be able to see what is currently available?
  • persianpersian Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Exciting stuff, can't wait.
  • DoaklandDoakland Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    • What is the max guild size projected to be within A2? Is there a minimum?
    • Will guild management tools be present in A2?
    • Will naval combat be available?
    • can you elaborate on what crafting systems (if any) will be present in A2?
    • How long will A2 last for?
    • Will there be any raids at any point in A2?
    Sincerely, despite the circumstances
    -Doakland
  • AlmightyLycanAlmightyLycan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Does the team ever study anime in the MMORPG genre and take any inspiration from those? Like Shangri La Frontier or Sword Art Online for example.
  • What races and what biomes will be available at A2 LAUNCH
  • How important is it to differentiate the 64 classes? How much will it matter? Should it matter? If no, do you regret going with this many?
  • RyveRyve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is expected to be the primary gameplay loop during Alpha 2?
  • TopTop Member
    Is there something you don't want us to focus on / test / give feedback on?
  • siravatsiravat Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will ashes of creation implement quivers into the game.
  • BoesyBoesy Member
    Linux support? By "support" I just mean not actively blocking us. We can figure the rest out ourselves.
  • Are you considering creating any physical products, like collector's editions or merchandise, in addition to Ashes the game?
    Also, thank you for all your hard work!
  • I would like to ask about your teams philosophy when it comes to raids and their complexity in terms of difficulty. We know there is a system in place for difficulty to be adjusted dynamically based on your performance, but what is the upper limit of that complexity that your team is comfortable adding to the game?
  • What are the expected stages of release for content to be tested within Alpha 2? i.e. Rogue, Summoner release expectation, metropolis release, Naval and ship usage, etc.
This discussion has been closed.