Alpha Two Roadmap Showcase and AMA Livestream - Friday, August 16, 2024 at 11AM PT

Comments

• When will Steven ( AKA - The Sandal lord ) will show us a preview showcase of an actual Node siege PVP event? And will we be able to test node sieges in A2?
    S3gcPiA.jpg
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Will Tulnar be playable from the beginning of Alpha 2, or will it be added later on?
  • Ninja KittyNinja Kitty Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When will Alpha 2 start?
  • NyronkeNyronke Member
    edited August 11
    Will arenas be present at the start of alpha 2?
  • What areas will we have access to at the beginning of A2? (Ex. Riverlands, Sandsqual Desert, Tropics, Tabletop Mountains)
  • tachyon14ktachyon14k Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Ashes of Creation have seasons -- several month-long lasting content? I'm thinking of temporary changes to regular content that provide additional lore/story and a shared skill tree between all classes that could potentially define gameplay metas.
  • Given the lean into Rock-Paper-Scissors design philosophy I'm curious:

When will we get more information on Damage Types and their relationship to Gear Progression, Augments, and various PvX encounters?
    My MMO PvP EXP:
    - Shaiya circa 2007-2008 - Guild Wars 2 circa 2014-2016 - ArcheAge circa 2016-2018
    - Black Desert 2019-2024 - ESO 2021-2024 - FFXIV(fake pvp)2021-2022
  • OtrOtr Member
    If people will want Battlepasses, will you make them?
  • AimNothyngAimNothyng Member
    edited August 1
    1. Can you provide a transparent and detailed overview of what to expect at the launch of Alpha 2?

2. Which Biomes / Zones(?) will be available at the launch of Alpha 2?

3. Which races will be fully developed and available for players at the launch of Alpha 2?

4. How extensive will the character creation options be at the launch of Alpha 2?

5. When will the character creator be released?
  • ChaosFactorChaosFactor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What will be the approach to long term completionism in the game? Many other games that are historical by this point have events/cosmetics/collectibles that are unlockable at one point, but are eventually removed from the game. Will AOC have anything that will be unobtainable by collectors in the future?

Please no btw. o:)
    ej8s4cu9gp1n.png
  • ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm excited to hear more about the Alpha Two Roadmap and appreciate the opportunity to submit questions for the AMA! My question is: "Can you share any details about the node progression system and how it will impact player interactions and content availability during Alpha Two?"

Looking forward to the livestream and hoping to learn more about the dynamic world mechanics and how they will shape the experience for players. Thanks for all the hard work, and can't wait to see what's in store!
    c3xme7oecjh8.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • RoubiRoubi Member
    edited August 1
    Are there plans for A2 to start with biome-wide meta events or just simpler location based story arcs?
  • AroxArox Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In an alpha testing environment, where do you draw the line between helpful bug testing and detrimental bug abuse/exploiting?
  • Why must you torture us by having the tank archetype share a name with a role and are you willing to change it to guardian for $5?
  • YommiYommi Member
    Are there innate advantages/disadvantages to certain races? IE is a dunir cleric at a disadvantage in any way?
  • Which artisan professions will be available at the start of A2 and what tier of progression will be available for those professions.
  • ledomiledomi Member
    After seen the latest live stream ..just one question , there will be an options to turn off or heavily reduce the visual effects in the game ???
  • How long will Alpha 2 last, and how frequently will wipes happen? If you're going to sell Alpha 2 keys like it's an early access game, then your customers need to know what they are paying for.
  • How are the Tulnar coming along so far, do you have more progress to show us as far as the models, racials, or achitectural designs go?
  • JegaGenesisJegaGenesis Member
    edited August 1
    With regards to the corruption World PvP system, if a non-combatant gets attacked, does healing themselves flag you as a combatant? Phrased another way, is the only way to be flagged as a combatant to deal combat damage to a combatant/corrupted player?
  • PJDWPJDW Member
    Do the Tank and Cleric get a bit of a rework, to get them on the same level of awesomeness like the ranger, fighter and especially bard, before A2 launches?
  • arkileoarkileo Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    In what form will story arcs appear in A2, if at all?
  • SnedSned Member
    Does the Tulnar will be available at some point during the alpha 2 ? If yes, more at the beginning, mid or late of alpha 2 ?
  • Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited August 4
    What was your approach to balancing the world-map design to facilitate the needs of vastly different types of gameplay; such as line-of-sight design for combat, various encounter designs, usage of traversal skills, stealth gameplay/counterplay, artisan gameplay, and exploration elements?
  • greekgreek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Will there be challenging PvE content or is the plan to always balance around PvP being involved? I'm worried that when PvE content is pulled w/o PvP it will be watered down and a tank and spank.

This is the case in 90% of PvX games from my experience.
    I would like a challenging instanced content that doesn't leave room for PvP event if its only for cosmetic rewards.
    I would also like mid level instanced content that give a tier lower gear to its PvX counter point to allow more casual player to have somewhere to go with a short daily play time, to be able to progress w/o hassle. Not the most efficient but at least progression.
  • SnowElfSnowElf Member
    Character creation menu access date. Show it to me Rachel, please.

wsmdao5zafo1.png
  • RayndounRayndoun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is the expected maximum amount of players that will be able to be in game across all servers at the same time at the start of A2 testing and how do you expect that to change over time?
    [BTTC] Rayndoun
  • RayndounRayndoun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2
    (I apologize, I accidently wrote in this second question then read about the single question limit. If it is an issue please ignore it. Thank you.)

I really enjoy all the sneak peeks behind the scenes that have been shared with us. Has there been any memorable bugs found, unexpected events, or accomplishments that the pre Alpha 2 testers helped make happen that we may not know about due to NDA that you wouldn't mind sharing?
    [BTTC] Rayndoun
  • LemonyLemony Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With a persistent Alpha 2 in mind, should server wipes be expected early and often? Will there be a point where wipes are no longer expected?
  • RaetionRaetion Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Steven,

What will the level cap be for the start of A2?
    And can we know how long it will be roughly before this is increased?
This discussion has been closed.